Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

cobraeire wrote: »
    RIP bordorfox,he got lost in action gone from the platoon and gone from bf4 altogether :P

tumblr_lpp0ljHJQL1qhqxqyo1_500.png

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

BordorFox wrote: »
    no i won't lol

Yeah I've come to my end with shoddy clan matches that nobody gives a rats ass about, when i do play bf4 i play conquest, i personally just can't play clan matches in cod mode (domination) satisfying them and playing their maps all the time. So I've gone lone ranger on the battlefield representing nobody but myself if or when i ever bother to load up bf4 anymore, see you on the battlefield if i do lol.

so your not going to go out quiet are ya ,going out fecking kicking and screaming...ffs ah sure you`ll know we keep your **** bucket warm just incase ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

****ing damn you EA. I was going ape **** on the enemy team on Rogue Transmission, took out armour, took out their chopper twice, capping flags with the squad, SPM over 750, odds on for MVP, hammering them, every little encounter went my way.
    Then I get informed I've lost connection with EA . So even though I missed the last 200 tickets or so of gameplay, I managed to out score my team and proudly finish in 27th place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

no i won't lol

Yeah I've come to my end with shoddy clan matches that nobody gives a rats ass about, when i do play bf4 i play conquest, i personally just can't play clan matches in cod mode (domination) satisfying them and playing their maps all the time. So I've gone lone ranger on the battlefield representing nobody but myself if or when i ever bother to load up bf4 anymore, see you on the battlefield if i do lol.

I think we are all too casual players to play clan matches but no need to leave the platoon over it. This is dedicated to you

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

no i won't lol

I agree with domination though for clan matches, it is god damn awful.

12 assault v 12 assault with AEK/M416/ACE23 only... tiresome.

Also with the score feed gone it is hard to use a one-hit kill gun because you cant tell if they are downed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Ravenholm wrote: »
    I think we are all too casual players to play clan matches but no need to leave the platoon over it. This is dedicated to you
    :D

Casual has nothing to do with it, as i said we're conquest players, playing another mode to satisfy them and their maps is just stupid, it was done the first clan match also and we said we wouldn't do it again and low and behold it was switched to domination again after the first game of conquest...which we won by the way.

Should be advertising conquest clan matches, not domination if we don't play that mode, even 10 v 10 conquest single matches, but then we had over 50 platoon players and yet were lucky to get 5-8 people to play.

Casual has nothing to do with it, as i said we're conquest players, playing another mode to satisfy them and their maps is just stupid, it was done the first clan match also and we said we wouldn't do it again and low and behold it was switched to domination again after the first game of conquest...which we won by the way.

Should be advertising conquest clan matches, not domination if we don't play that mode, even 10 v 10 conquest single matches, but then we had over 50 platoon players and yet were lucky to get 5-8 people to play.

Do i yet have to explain myself again ..the clan was suppose to be 15v15 conquest,i said i`d try and get the players,the match was at 9 bells,so when we started they had 6 or seven on then we had about 5.....we sent messages out then to try to get more players to come in,but half of yis couldnt be bothered your arse,so @ about 9:15 since all we had was about 6 players what was the point doing conquest maps that would take hours we decide to switch it to domination,so i did,then @ about 9:25 more players came in so it was 10v10 but the map switched itself to domination,i was going back out to put it back to conquest cause you could`nt be bothered to start the match @ 9 when we were suppose to it would have saved a lot of hassle if it was 10v10 at the start.

mozattack wrote: »
    I agree with domination though for clan matches, it is god damn awful.

12 assault v 12 assault with AEK/M416/ACE23 only... tiresome.

Also with the score feed gone it is hard to use a one-hit kill gun because you cant tell if they are downed.

If there's a match WITH specific rules I'm immediately not interested in any sense.

Although I do agree with simple rules like "No glitching - Spawn camping etc etc"

"You must play a specific map in a closed off area (Domination) with specific weapons and you aren't allowed to use Stingers/IGLAs etc etc."

I'd like to see Al Qaeda tell the US they aren't allowed use Jets or tanks anymore and see how they react to those "Rules".

xDb60Kj.jpg?2

@ Borderfox and Cobra

I hate when Mom and Dad fight :(...............

• Advertisement

@ Borderfox and Cobra

I hate when Mom and Dad fight :(...............

yeah moms been a real bitch :P

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    If there's a match WITH specific rules I'm immediately not interested in any sense.

Although I do agree with simple rules like "No glitching - Spawn camping etc etc"

"You must play a specific map in a closed off area (Domination) with specific weapons and you aren't allowed to use Stingers/IGLAs etc etc."

I'd like to see Al Qaeda tell the US they aren't allowed use Jets or tanks anymore and see how they react to those "Rules".

xDb60Kj.jpg?2

The thing is they were all on for conquest,they had 15 players,but since we had only 5 or 6 @ the start we had to change it or it would have ended up been an hour a map,it would be grand if you could reduce the ticket count,in the irl sever there aint any rules :)

Do i yet have to explain myself again ..the clan was suppose to be 15v15 conquest,i said i`d try and get the players,the match was at 9 bells,so when we started they had 6 or seven on then we had about 5.....we sent messages out then to try to get more players to come in,but half of yis couldnt be bothered your arse,so @ about 9:15 since all we had was about 6 players what was the point doing conquest maps that would take hours we decide to switch it to domination,so i did,then @ about 9:25 more players came in so it was 10v10 but the map switched itself to domination,i was going back out to put it back to conquest cause you could`nt be bothered to start the match @ 9 when we were suppose to it would have saved a lot of hassle if it was 10v10 at the start.

And as i said we had 10 v 10 during the conquest match which ended just fine, it was only when the server was forced onto domination to satisfy the guy in your pm box was when we dropped from 10 players to 8 making it 10 v 8 and went downhill from there. Conquest matches can have a ticket reduction and increased bleed rate, it doesn't have to last hours like you keep saying.

The first clan match i had only 2 players show up at the beginning and i note having to ring you to get your arse in lol The fact still remains that we're conquest players and we should be looking for conquest clans, not domination head glitchers all running assault. If they ask, we say sorry we're conquest only, not that hard to say. And if we don't have the players for that data and time, you change the date till we do have the players, no play outnumbered anyways breaking all morale and finding people just leaving.

My 5c worth, take it as you will ;)

And as i said we had 10 v 10 during the conquest match which ended just fine, it was only when the server was forced onto domination to satisfy the guy in your pm box was when we dropped from 10 players to 8 making it 10 v 8 and went downhill from there. Conquest matches can have a ticket reduction and increased bleed rate, it doesn't have to last hours like you keep saying.

The first clan match i had only 2 players show up at the beginning and i note having to ring you to get your arse in lol The fact still remains that we're conquest players and we should be looking for conquest clans, not domination head glitchers all running assault. If they ask, we say sorry we're conquest only, not that hard to say. And if we don't have the players for that data and time, you change the date till we do have the players, no play outnumbered anyways breaking all morale and finding people just leaving.

Your still not getting it ,yes we played 10v10 at the end of that map,but i already changed it 10mins before that because all we had was 5/6 players,if you had of coming in at the start of the map which we had organized it would`nt have happened,the message about the match was sent out a long time for lads to get themselves together,some just decide to leave the message room with saying what they were doing others like yourself said you`d be there and then you didnt bother showing up until i asked you about 5 times to join us and it took you 20 mins to come in ,your not going to get a conquest match with just 6v6 or 8v8 ,etc,matches go on to long you can`t change the ticket count,as you said there they said they wanted domination,but they didnt they were all for conquest or rush but we did`nt have the numbers to play it,we had to wait 20min for others to come in and the map was changed at that time,as i said if you had of bothering to be there on time it would have been grand :P and i was working that time your rang me the first clan match i was 10 mins late you were sitting on your arse watching tv ...lazy hole :P

Your still not getting it ,yes we played 10v10 at the end of that map,but i already changed it 10mins before that because all we had was 5/6 players,if you had of coming in at the start of the map which we had organized it would`nt have happened,the message about the match was sent out a long time for lads to get themselves together,some just decide to leave the message room with saying what they were doing others like yourself said you`d be there and then you didnt bother showing up until i asked you about 5 times to join us,your not going to get a conquest match with just 6v6 or 8v8 ,etc,matches go on to long you can`t change the ticket count,as you said there they said they wanted domination,but they didnt they were all for conquest or rush but we did`nt have the numbers to play it,we had to wait 20min for others to come in and the map was changed at that time,as i said if you had of bothering to be there on time it would have been grand :P and i was working that time your rang me the first clan match i was 10 mins late you were sitting on your arse watching tv ...lazy hole :P you told me you could`nt reduce the ticket count blah blah,so i asked you to set that clan match up anyways on the sever,but agin you were to busy watching postman fooking pat to sort it (cause your in charge of the sever....your department)

Your still not getting it ,yes we played 10v10 at the end of that map,but i already changed it 10mins before that because all we had was 5/6 players,if you had of coming in at the start of the map which we had organized it would`nt have happened,the message about the match was sent out a long time for lads to get themselves together,some just decide to leave the message room with saying what they were doing others like yourself said you`d be there and then you didnt bother showing up until i asked you about 5 times to join us,your not going to get a conquest match with just 6v6 or 8v8 ,etc,matches go on to long you can`t change the ticket count,as you said there they said they wanted domination,but they didnt they were all for conquest or rush but we did`nt have the numbers to play it,we had to wait 20min for others to come in and the map was changed at that time,as i said if you had of bothering to be there on time it would have been grand :P and i was working that time your rang me the first clan match i was 10 mins late you were sitting on your arse watching tv ...lazy hole :P you told me you could`nt reduce the ticket count blah blah,so i asked you to set that clan match up anyways on the sever,but agin you were to busy watching postman fooking pat to sort it (cause your in charge of the sever....your department)

lol, you're not listening you mean :P

The server should never have been switched to domination, full stop.

even then, it can be changed back to conquest as quick as it was changed.

There are several admins of the server, i can't be there 24/7.

You can play conquest with 2 v 2 let alone 8v8 or 10v10 or 15v15, changing it to domination is pointless.

people not showing up is another sign of your bad organisation skills son lol but the first one was even worse and you were the late one then :P

You can reduce the ticket count but only to 75% which is about 600 but you can increase the ticket bleed rate which makes the 600 go quicker the more bases you have decreasing the round time, you can also change the time limit i believe.

You just need to look more into the server settings.

Get your finger out lol

I have changed the server settings to the following.

1. It's set to Ranked, not Official so no quick match players, players will need to favorite the server, let them know.

2. Ticket count of 75% which is 800

3. Ticket bleed rate of 125%

4. Time limit of 30 minutes regardless of team sizes

5. No commanders

6. Kill cam is on.

7. Running vanilla at the moment but will be adding DLC soon.

Seems like Rush is getting some lovin' in the CTE. Vehicle balance and Mcom locations are all among the changes. Biggest improvement I noticed was NO COMMANDER as default :D

Finally..........not like we've been asking for 7 months or anything

In respect to the clan match what can Cobra do, there wasn't enough online to play conquest... it was fecking boring in the end, hence the switch to domination (which is boring for other reasons!)

No point in moaning about playing conquest or not when there are only 5 others on the team.

I was online at the time but waiting until the numbers gathered to join as running around Seige 5 v 5 Conquest Large doesn't appeal, especially when I only had two hours battlefield time available.

I am not sure why Conquest Small wasn't picked though? Surely makes more sense given the numbers were going to be 15 v 15?

Re Rush changes:

Yes, no commander.

Sad face, no proposal to increase tickets to 85-100... i think 75 is too low

• Advertisement

Anyone knocking around BF4 tonight or will I just be wasting my time unplugging the PS3?

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Anyone knocking around BF4 tonight or will I just be wasting my time unplugging the PS3?

dont think i`ll be on tonite chris

In respect to the clan match what can Cobra do, there wasn't enough online to play conquest... it was fecking boring in the end, hence the switch to domination (which is boring for other reasons!)

No point in moaning about playing conquest or not when there are only 5 others on the team.

I was online at the time but waiting until the numbers gathered to join as running around Seige 5 v 5 Conquest Large doesn't appeal, especially when I only had two hours battlefield time available.

I am not sure why Conquest Small wasn't picked though? Surely makes more sense given the numbers were going to be 15 v 15?

Ahh great a man that finally understands what i was on about :)

Footage showing the new layout of Shanghai Rush

CQ small is almost identical to large bar one less flag and 32 players and even then it's broke like the rest of the game..

so makes no difference and there was 10 players each side during the cq match then most left when it was switched to domination, i was there.

Anyways i'll not try and explain it anymore.

@Darren, bit late at this stage changing rush don't you think?

Btw, the pc beta of bf:hardlines is open to all, if you wanted to try it, i have, not impressed, but that's a whole other conversation lol.

@Chris, not me, have some site and app work to get done tonight, are you on tomorrow to finish up trine 2?

Dermot you werent there at the start,as i said if you had of been it would have staying on conquest(if we had 10 players)you didnt come in until 20 mins later,where it was changed to domination before that,yes it could have been changed back to conquest but what was the point,again if theres a fecking clan match starting @ fooking o clock be there @ fooking o clock or dont bother coming @ all :P

Dermot you werent there at the start,as i said if you had of been it would have staying on conquest(if we had 10 players)you didnt come in until 20 mins later,where it was changed to domination before that,yes it could have been changed back to conquest but what was the point,again if theres a fecking clan match starting @ fooking o clock be there @ fooking o clock or dont bother coming @ all :P

I was there for most of the CQ match, as an admin i know it can be changed back to CQ regardless, as you don't seem to be understanding lol, clicking CQ and pressing apply server settings doesn't take 30 minutes lol.

But yeah all the game matching was broken from the get go, but im not worried about that end now, and domination is just team death match with tiny run and gun gaming which just happened to includes flags you just walk by because you have no other choice because the maps tiny.

If i wanted to play domination and run n gun i might as well just get COD lol, didn't take you for a COD fanboy cobra :o

I was there for most of the CQ match, as an admin i know it can be changed back to CQ regardless, as you don't seem to be understanding lol, clicking CQ and pressing apply server settings doesn't take 30 minutes lol.

But yeah all the game matching was broken from the get go, but im not worried about that end now, and domination is just team death match with tiny run and gun gaming which just happened to includes flags you just walk by because you have no other choice because the maps tiny.

If i wanted to play domination and run n gun i might as well just get COD lol, didn't take you for a COD fanboy cobra :o

lmao...@ cod fanboy,i didnt own ever copy,or have the free posters up on the wall :d again for the last time i wasnt going to jump in and out of games to chop and change sever settings,if we had of having ten at the start then it would have been left alone,anyways i told you before the clan match started to set the sever up cause you were use to the setting,but noooo dermot was to busy watching midget porn and kissing his free ghost cod poster to set it up :P

@Darren, bit late at this stage changing rush don't you think?

Just a bit late alright :) The alternative though is that they don't do anything about it and it remains the unbalanced, poorly thought out, almost shameful, husk of a once proud game mode. As stated in the video, some of the changes are still maybe a little unbalanced but that's why the CTE was set up in the first place. By getting feedback directly from the only people that actually matter, genuine BF players, I'm optimistic it'll improve a lot. Regardless of the changes they make however, the bad map design could still cripple Rush.

@BordorFox @Cobra
    If you two keep this up..........do I get 2 presents at Christmas??

• Advertisement

Just a bit late alright :) The alternative though is that they don't do anything about it and it remains the unbalanced, poorly thought out, almost shameful, husk of a once proud game mode. As stated in the video, some of the changes are still maybe a little unbalanced but that's why the CTE was set up in the first place. By getting feedback directly from the only people that actually matter, genuine BF players, I'm optimistic it'll improve a lot. Regardless of the changes they make however, the bad map design could still cripple Rush.

It is a bit ridicilious to change this late but you have to remember for Rush in BF3 on Damavand Peak they added 2 extra M-Coms after the tunnel (That were almost impossible to defend). They did listen to the players in that regards but they acted too late. I think the only reason they are taking so much direct action this time round is because people are starting to stream away from the Battlefield franchise as a result. (Myself included)
    @Chris, not me, have some site and app work to get done tonight, are you on tomorrow to finish up trine 2?

I should be able to put just message me to make sure - I'm trying to get the platinum in Mass Effect 3 so I have to go back and play the first 2 games to import the best character possible. (Don't judge me!)
    Btw, the pc beta of bf:hardlines is open to all, if you wanted to try it, i have, not impressed, but that's a whole other conversation lol.

I had a try on my friend's PC which can run most games at 90+ FPS and I wasn't really impressed. I think it follows BF4 format for lack of a better word. I think if anything it should be an expansion. Battlefield 4 : Cops and Robbers with a new game mode.

Calling it now though Battlefield : Hardline expansion pack : Return to Operation Locker. :D

Advertisement