Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Fieldog wrote: »
    Rumours abound GTA V is a timed exclusive to Xbone....

I don't really care anyway, I wont buy it "next gen" unless it has extra content a la The Lost And Damned or The Ballad Of Gay Tony

Not sure on those rumours to be honest. Seems odd to me that Rockstar would make their announcement during the Sony presentation if it was an Xbox1 timed exclusive. Not beyond possibility but unlikely I'd imagine.
    I never played GTA V at all so I've no need to wait for dlc, it'll be entirely new game for me.
    mozattack wrote: »
    I dont play other games so will be slogging away until Hardline or BF5

I'm the same, can't get bothered to finish Assassins Creed even though I'm about 90% compete. Was lazy 1 day and stupidly bought the digital copy so I can't even get money back for it now :(. Literally only play Battlefield these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Not sure on those rumours to be honest. Seems odd to me that Rockstar would make their announcement during the Sony presentation if it was an Xbox1 timed exclusive. Not beyond possibility but unlikely I'd imagine.
    I never played GTA V at all so I've no need to wait for dlc, it'll be entirely new game for me.

I'm the same, can't get bothered to finish Assassins Creed even though I'm about 90% compete. Was lazy 1 day and stupidly bought the digital copy so I can't even get money back for it now :(. Literally only play Battlefield these days.

Remember Peter Moore unveiling the GTA IV tattoo on his arm at E3 2006?

They spent a ****-ton to get the content first on Xbox....

GTA IV Announcement at E3 2006: http://youtu.be/11qCQ-Ov-Q4

Fieldog wrote: »
    Remember Peter Moore unveiling the GTA IV tattoo on his arm at E3 2006?

They spent a ****-ton to get the content first on Xbox....

GTA IV Announcement at E3 2006: http://youtu.be/11qCQ-Ov-Q4

I still think a pro-Microsoft announcement at a Sony presentation is a bit cheeky. Not sure how that would sit with the Sony hierarchy and share holders etc. Microsoft shares took a hammering last year with their Xbox1 fiasco, think it was close to a 30% drop in 24 hrs, so they could be going all out this year. I just think if they were, they would've had Rockstar at their presentation in the first place.
    Guess we'll find out later anyway, actually looking forward to it............and the inevitable awkward moment montages it spawns :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I still think a pro-Microsoft announcement at a Sony presentation is a bit cheeky. Not sure how that would sit with the Sony hierarchy and share holders etc. Microsoft shares took a hammering last year with their Xbox1 fiasco, think it was close to a 30% drop in 24 hrs, so they could be going all out this year. I just think if they were, they would've had Rockstar at their presentation in the first place.
    Guess we'll find out later anyway, actually looking forward to it............and the inevitable awkward moment montages it spawns :D

I can't wait for it, I'm actually gonna boot up the kids 360 for MS conference aswell, they are backed into a corner and have to do something....

Competition is always healthy....

Not really arsed with EA or Ubisoft....

Embarassing E3 Moments: http://youtu.be/Us__2-FPeGI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Ok, the PS4 is youtube html5 compatible but you must register it as a html5 preferred device first.

Go to the PS4 web browser, go to http://www.youtube.com/html5

Click the Button "Request the HTML5 player"

Now the PS4 will attempt to open the youtube video in the HTML5 player but it must be the embed link for it to work.

For example, to watch the Full E3 Conference live on youtube, go to https://www.youtube.com/embed/pvJyhKIgyd4

You should now be able to watch the event in HD live on Youtube on the PS4 browser at full screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

It GTA V is going to be on Next-Gen I don't think they'll be siding with Microsoft (Not being a fanboy but looking at it from a business prospect). The sales of the PS4 are much better compared to the PS3 - 360 sales before GTA IV's release.

Anyway even at that GTA V is quite fun on PS3 as it - I'm still playing it and still having a laugh while doing so.

I think it would be a little bit suicidal to give a single console preference this early in the game (No pun intended)

In terms of Battlefield .... I'm really not bothered. In my eyes it's dying and needs more than just a defibrillator to bring it back. Hardline better be the best first person shooter ever to even peak my interest in it.

Battlefront may be the new jewel in the sky but that little DICE and EA logo that come with the game is slowly turning that jewel into ash.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    It GTA V is going to be on Next-Gen I don't think they'll be siding with Microsoft (Not being a fanboy but looking at it from a business prospect). The sales of the PS4 are much better compared to the PS3 - 360 sales before GTA IV's release.

Of course the flip side to that purely business view could be that Microsoft, realising they're already playing catch up, go all out and splash the cash for first access. Almost guaranteed to generate sales on the Xbox1, especially if they negotiate a few months head start around the major holidays in the States.
    In terms of Battlefield .... I'm really not bothered. In my eyes it's dying and needs more than just a defibrillator to bring it back. Hardline better be the best first person shooter ever to even peak my interest in it.

Really needs a boost alright. Very smart move giving BF3 away for free, only for PC I know, but it definitely helped their image. I gotta be honest, I hope the next COD is fantastic. Take some of the newer converts and their idiocy back where they belong. Playing a round of Domination earlier and in the killcam I could see 3 friendly medics standing on my body without even a sniff of a revive :(

Regarding Hardline; I have absolutely zero interest in it. Just don't get the hype. Maybe after the gameplay and official reveal later tonight I'll change my mind but I wouldn't bet on it.

Of course the flip side to that purely business view could be that Microsoft, realising they're already playing catch up, go all out and splash the cash for first access. Almost guaranteed to generate sales on the Xbox1, especially if they negotiate a few months head start around the major holidays in the States.

Really needs a boost alright. Very smart move giving BF3 away for free, only for PC I know, but it definitely helped their image.

Microsoft took a hit to their confidence after Bungie cuddled up to Sony after they sold the Halo franchise. I also laughed when EA gave the green-light for the exclusive rights to Titanfall to Xbox and PC at E3 last year then gave that little cringe when the PS4 started to overtake the Xbox Ones sales.

Anyway I still think it is rather early to make a call - It's only been a few months - I think that by this time next year we'll have proper numbers to go off since we'll have had 2 holidays seasons.

Yeah Battlefield drove me to insanity the other night so much that I smashed my headset off the floor .... in completely unrelated news I need a new headset.

I am now refusing to play the game without a squad to save myself from the ... terror.

Microsoft took a hit to their confidence after Bungie cuddled up to Sony after they sold the Halo franchise. I also laughed when EA gave the green-light for the exclusive rights to Titanfall to Xbox and PC at E3 last year then gave that little cringe when the PS4 started to overtake the Xbox Ones sales.

Anyway I still think it is rather early to make a call - It's only been a few months - I think that by this time next year we'll have proper numbers to go off since we'll have had 2 holidays seasons.

Yeah it doesn't help that there's still a fairly large discrepancy between the number of consoles ordered by the shops and the number they claim are actually sold.
    Yeah Battlefield drove me to insanity the other night so much that I smashed my headset off the floor .... in completely unrelated news I need a new headset.

I am now refusing to play the game without a squad to save myself from the ... terror.
    the-horror-_zpsqxgs6aei.jpg

I've been getting very frustrated with it as well lately. With work, the missus, and the kids, my available play time can be unpredictable. I was hoping to be online by about 7 yesterday but it wasn't until about half 10 when I finally got on.......only to find about 90% of the clan playing Watchdogs :). I know it sounds obvious, but it's amazing how different the game plays with an interacting and cooperating squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone know

(A) how do you share videos made on that share thing on the PS4

(B) how do you include your own music? I have a mp3 file on the USB stick but it wont work

• Advertisement

I'm really not feeling the hype of Hardline after seeing the gameplay. 14 videos of it in my Youtube sub box this morning! Watched several of them and even the Youtubers are giving very conflicting views. I know they all say their opinions are their own but you can kinda tell who's being a little more honest with it.
    So far I've heard; That the vehicles handle great or very arcadey.......that recoil is reduced, or greatly increased albeit with no suppression etc etc.

I'll admit, there are some features that look great(Although I feel somewhat cheated that it almost appears like they treated BF4 and it's CTE like a beta test only for Hardline to reap the benefits).
    •The fact the HUD basically disappears when you go ADS is fantastic and long overdue. Conquest Large can be like playing through a kaleidoscope at times.
    •The fact you can now take health and ammo directly off the Medic/Support class has singlehandedly solved the problem of nobody dropping med kits and ammo bags. Should be standard in Battlefield from now on.

•Grappling hooks and zip lines look like a perfect excuse for snipers to camp and I think the pros(vertical gameplay and potential flanks) are outweighed by the cons.
    •That auto-revive EpiPen thing the operator gets to bring himself back to life is ridiculous and easily a game breaker. Just lie there until the enemy pass and hey back up to back rage his squad when he thinks you're dead.
    •M16A3............. really???

There's more than I'm listing but this post could potentially be huge if I went on. I signed up for the beta hoping hands on gameplay would change my opinions. Didn't get a reply yet or anything so I probably didn't get in. Not too disappointed to be honest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

I'm really not feeling the hype of Hardline after seeing the gameplay. 14 videos of it in my Youtube sub box this morning! Watched several of them and even the Youtubers are giving very conflicting views. I know they all say their opinions are their own but you can kinda tell who's being a little more honest with it.
    So far I've heard; That the vehicles handle great or very arcadey.......that recoil is reduced, or greatly increased albeit with no suppression etc etc.

I'll admit, there are some features that look great(Although I feel somewhat cheated that it almost appears like they treated BF4 and it's CTE like a beta test only for Hardline to reap the benefits).
    •The fact the HUD basically disappears when you go ADS is fantastic and long overdue. Conquest Large can be like playing through a kaleidoscope at times.
    •The fact you can now take health and ammo directly off the Medic/Support class has singlehandedly solved the problem of nobody dropping med kits and ammo bags. Should be standard in Battlefield from now on.

•Grappling hooks and zip lines look like a perfect excuse for snipers to camp and I think the pros(vertical gameplay and potential flanks) are outweighed by the cons.
    •That auto-revive EpiPen thing the operator gets to bring himself back to life is ridiculous and easily a game breaker. Just lie there until the enemy pass and hey back up to back rage his squad when he thinks you're dead.
    •M16A3............. really???

There's more than I'm listing but this post could potentially be huge if I went on. I signed up for the beta hoping hands on gameplay would change my opinions. Didn't get a reply yet or anything so I probably didn't get in. Not too disappointed to be honest though.

I dunno, i value JF's and Badgers opinions, they seemed to like it albeit that it had a few issues....i signed up for the beta anyway and im hoping i get picked the play it. As for the EpiPen, apparently if they are on the ground and you shoot them again then they cant revive themselves, a bit annoying alright but its not a game changer i dont think.

Also, i went on Sunday and Friday night and like that, there was nobody on, well there was a few on but they were playing either Watchdogs, Fifa or Warframe. The servers were fairly empty aswell took a while to find a decent populated server, I think people are just a bit bored bith BF4 at the moment, hopefully when Dragons Teeth comes out lads might start playing again. The same happened with BF3 around the time when Armoured Kill came out

allybhoy wrote: »
    I dunno, i value JF's and Badgers opinions, they seemed to like it albeit that it had a few issues....i signed up for the beta anyway and im hoping i get picked the play it. As for the EpiPen, apparently if they are on the ground and you shoot them again then they cant revive themselves, a bit annoying alright but its not a game changer i dont think.

Also, i went on Sunday and Friday night and like that, there was nobody on, well there was a few on but they were playing either Watchdogs, Fifa or Warframe. The servers were fairly empty aswell took a while to find a decent populated server, I think people are just a bit bored bith BF4 at the moment, hopefully when Dragons Teeth comes out lads might start playing again. The same happened with BF3 around the time when Armoured Kill came out

Yeah I forgot to change that game breaking part, reworded chunks of my rant and missed it. Definitely annoying having to shoot everyone after you've already killed them, especially if they fall behind cover or up on a ledge or whatever. Can you imagine dropping a guy and having your squad spawn on you near their objective only for him to get back up after you've ran by, and kill 3 or 4 of ya? Also the idea of interrogating an incapacitated enemy and getting his teams locations seems silly. Gotta stop before I go on another rant :)

Regards Battlefields numbers dropping, can you imagine how bad it'll get when GTA comes out?

Yeah I forgot to change that game breaking part, reworded chunks of my rant and missed it. Definitely annoying having to shoot everyone after you've already killed them, especially if they fall behind cover or up on a ledge or whatever. Can you imagine dropping a guy and having your squad spawn on you near their objective only for him to get back up after you've ran by, and kill 3 or 4 of ya? Also the idea of interrogating an incapacitated enemy and getting his teams locations seems silly. Gotta stop before I go on another rant :)

Regards Battlefields numbers dropping, can you imagine how bad it'll get when GTA comes out?

Yeh i dunno, JF said he mentioned that and a load of other things to the developers and they fixed some things so im going to hold my breath until i play the finished product, from what ive seen i like the look of it, looks fast paced and there are some cool new features, it will probably feel like BF4.1 but i love BF4 so im fairly sure ill like this. I especially love infantry fighting in BF4, wouldnt be a big fan of jets or heli's or tanks so this looks right up my alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Watched the Hardline gameplay on Battlelog last night. If it played like that irl it would be the best game ever. Be like being in a Michael Bay movie (not always a good thing).

It won't of course but the clip was really well put together.

gimli2112; yeah but for how long though? Is it not just domination on a large scale and seriously how long can someone play that for without boring themselves to death?

I want this.........

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

So lads are we still up for a clan match on saturday,i have to get back to the other clan with how many players were going to have,so let me know if yis are playing?

Cobra, yes, definately on... does it class with the Eng/Italy game? If so I will tape the latter

mozattack wrote: »
    Cobra, yes, definately on... does it class with the Eng/Italy game? If so I will tape the latter

hopefully we get the numbers,think we have 8 so far need @ least 12-15 players,yeah it`ll be @ 9 bells(i hope).

• Advertisement

cobraeire wrote: »
    hopefully we get the numbers,think we have 8 so far need @ least 12-15 players,yeah it`ll be @ 9 bells(i hope).

how long are we talking? I can probably play for an hour or so...

how long are we talking? I can probably play for an hour or so...

sure we`ll see how we get on ...if were getting hammered it`ll be over very quick :P

Played a few maps on SA.

Played with an Austrian lad, quite a nice guy. Let the squad know if it was safe to spawn when one of us died and always kept giving us orders to attack/defend whichever one was in desperate need. Ideal BF player.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm a possible for tonight, i'll kind of have to play it by ear and if I'm on i'm on.

Ally you should be in bed by 9 o'clock big day tomorrow!

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm a possible for tonight, i'll kind of have to play it by ear and if I'm on i'm on.

Ally you should be in bed by 9 o'clock big day tomorrow!

Is ally making his communion tomorrow :O,how time flies soon enough he`ll be able to reach up and switch on the ps4 all by himself ;)

cobraeire wrote: »
    Is ally making his communion tomorrow :O,how time flies soon enough he`ll be able to reach up and switch on the ps4 all by himself ;)

haha no, i done hellandback on Sunday morning, i should have been in bed early doors but sure the idiot i am went around to a mates for a few cans and stayed out till all hours...worst day of my life yesterday.

How did yis get on?

haha no, i done hellandback on Sunday morning, i should have been in bed early doors but sure the idiot i am went around to a mates for a few cans and stayed out till all hours...worst day of my life yesterday.

How did yis get on?

I did Hell and Back last year - It was horrifically difficult, I reckon with a few cans I would have drowned at some stage. At least you have your awesome t-shirt now (provided you finished it)

How did yis get on?

not great ally,really bad,it should have been a conquest game but we didnt have the numbers,so we done domination and got whipped,so next time(if there is one :P) it`ll be just conquest or rush plus we lost a man as well....RIP bordorfox,he got lost in action gone from the platoon and gone from bf4 altogether :P

R.I.P BordorFox, you shall be missed :'(

Fox_hunting_zpswa7rgruh.jpeg

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

R.I.P BordorFox, you shall be missed :'(
    :D

no i won't lol

Yeah I've come to my end with shoddy clan matches that nobody gives a rats ass about, when i do play bf4 i play conquest, i personally just can't play clan matches in cod mode (domination) satisfying them and playing their maps all the time. So I've gone lone ranger on the battlefield representing nobody but myself if or when i ever bother to load up bf4 anymore, see you on the battlefield if i do lol.

Advertisement