Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Some BF4 gameplay from last night from the IRL Platoon

Was a situation that there was about 6 of us on each team, Zavod map.

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Few good rounds this evening, jumped into a squad with drunk and bordor I think. Must get on mic but was more worried about the PS4 failing, got the disc drive acting up on me last night but seems to be fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Anyone else getting this or just me???

PlayStation Network down today, error E-82204301 causing problems
    http://www.dlcentral.com/ps3/ps3news/playstation-network-down-today-error-e-82204301-causing-problems/

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

Anyone else getting this or just me???

PlayStation Network down today, error E-82204301 causing problems
    http://www.dlcentral.com/ps3/ps3news/playstation-network-down-today-error-e-82204301-causing-problems/

Yep getting that when trying to start chat room along with whole game crashing (lost connection) error message. Pain in the arse, not the same with chat not working. Hopefully sorted soon

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Reither420

Been getting that to all day some joke. Any of you have issues with left analog stick mine started acting up earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Reither420 wrote: »
    Been getting that to all day some joke. Any of you have issues with left analog stick mine started acting up earlier.

nope,just that my L1 button sticks the odd time

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Reither420

My R1 button stick to but that's a small problem. The left stick gets unresponsive when moving forward and I just stop same when running really annoying.

The dualshock 4 in my opinion is the worse joypad sony has ever made, in terms of materials and manufacture.

I have had dualshock 3 joypads for 8 years + and still as good as day one, now i have a Dualshock 4 four months and its falling apart.

The left stick feels like it's about to break, the L1 button sticks constantly and the dual sticks left thumbsticks covers are ripping off.

Just feels awfully cheap to be quite honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Somehow i managed to get in a few games with a few of you today. Although i had some absolutely shocking lag. There were a few games where it was manageable but that was about it. Did any of you get the "Cannot connect to EA Online" connection error tonight? I got that about 2/3 times.

But on a good note cheers for the games this weekend lads. I had a laugh, especially last night.

keithc83 wrote: »
    Somehow i managed to get in a few games with a few of you today. Although i had some absolutely shocking lag. There were a few games where it was manageable but that was about it. Did any of you get the "Cannot connect to EA Online" connection error tonight? I got that about 2/3 times.

But on a good note cheers for the games this weekend lads. I had a laugh, especially last night.

Between BF4 been bugged beyond belief and the PSN network outage today it was just a mission to enjoy the games tonight and i got kicked a couple of times then just didn't bother going back on and jumped on netflix to watch a bit of CSI:NY instead.

It was some good games lately and i will be recording and uploading a few more of our sessions in the next few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

BordorFox wrote: »
    The dualshock 4 in my opinion is the worse joypad sony has ever made, in terms of materials and manufacture.

I have had dualshock 3 joypads for 8 years + and still as good as day one, now i have a Dualshock 4 four months and its falling apart.

The left stick feels like it's about to break, the L1 button sticks constantly and the dual sticks left thumbsticks covers are ripping off.

Just feels awfully cheap to be quite honest.

Material for the thumbsticks was a bad choice, mine is in bits after 3 months but it does sit better in my hands than the dualshock 3.

Last nights games were epic, nothing better than storming a point with a full squad. Don't think we lost a single game we were playing together. The game on Flood Zone was mental.

Got the Premium working too, so I'm up for a few matches on those maps. Was getting some serious lag on them earlier though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just sent a rake of requests to ye there. If I missed anyone, apologies...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Yep getting that when trying to start chat room along with whole game crashing (lost connection) error message. Pain in the arse, not the same with chat not working. Hopefully sorted soon

Couldn't get Party Chat working yesterday but could talk to friends when we were in the same squad in game.

Got on late(ish) last night and with the inability to start or join any chat, plus the sporadic bouts of really heavy lag, found it difficult to enjoy the games. To top it all, I choked and finished 2 kills short of Ally. Only myself to blame as well, sitting on 31 kills and with almost 100 tickets left, I figured it was in the bag. Especially when the map showed 5 or 6 enemies out in the open pushing towards the B flag. I spawned into the little bird on C, ready to fly into glory through a hail of 25mm explosive cannon fire. I took off like a man possessed and instantly spun the chopper North to take my crown atop the leader board..........................................also turned into a radio tower :D.......................maybe next time

Final standings for killing machine

AllyFagan 33
    paul_booth_fan 31
    CobraEire73 25
    thurlesdrunk 21
    falstaff30 19
    BordorFox 18
    keithc83 17

Good man Ally, was a close one in the end between yourself and paul!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Cheers, so what do i win? When can i expect me cheque in the post ? :)

I got 33 on that round on Friday on Dawnbreaker, when we got absolutely destroyed, remember that fecking littlebird, thought i was having a brutal round and was surprised when i seen the scoreboard.

I went on lastnight cos i wanted to break 40 but sure with no chat or whatever it was very boring.

Did any of you lads get Second Assault yet? I might start playing that again for a while cos i want to get the assignments, dont think i have any.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Are the maps available now for the rest of the great unwashed?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Are the maps available now for the rest of the great unwashed?

not till tomorrow

allybhoy wrote: »

I got 33 on that round on Friday on Dawnbreaker, when we got absolutely destroyed, remember that fecking littlebird, thought i was having a brutal round and was surprised when i seen the scoreboard.

I went on lastnight cos i wanted to break 40 but sure with no chat or whatever it was very boring.

Did any of you lads get Second Assault yet? I might start playing that again for a while cos i want to get the assignments, dont think i have any.

The assignments are my nemesis in Battlefield. Still have a few to try unlock from the China Rising dlc, particularly the stupid FY-JS sniper rifle. Ideally, I'd love to dedicate a weekend to the assignments and just get them outta the way but it's not really possible with work and the kids etc. Doesn't help that some of the assignments require you to play so counter-intuitively. I also hate jets and long range sniping so that doesn't help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Anyone find the lag/rubber banding etc on Sec. Assault maps almost unbearable? (conquest 64)

• Advertisement

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone find the lag/rubber banding etc on Sec. Assault maps almost unbearable? (conquest 64)

I've found them to run very smoothly, even Operation Let's All Throw Grenades At The Stairs. I personally think all the dlc maps run very well, definitely much better than vanilla map pack. Again though, just my personal experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭allybhoy

The assignments are my nemesis in Battlefield. Still have a few to try unlock from the China Rising dlc, particularly the stupid FY-JS sniper rifle. Ideally, I'd love to dedicate a weekend to the assignments and just get them outta the way but it's not really possible with work and the kids etc. Doesn't help that some of the assignments require you to play so counter-intuitively. I also hate jets and long range sniping that it doesn't help

Yeh exactly, i dont know how many times ive died trying to get a kil on the bombing raid, its a pain in the stones. I said before that id be willing to jump into an empty server with a load of lads to try and get the hard ones unlocked by helping each other out, nobody else was interested though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I've found them to run very smoothly, even Operation Let's All Throw Grenades At The Stairs. I personally think all the dlc maps run very well, definitely much better than vanilla map pack. Again though, just my personal experiences.

This made me :)
    I don't mind it actually particularly after a few drinks when I can't do anything complicated like fly helicopters or aim.
    Can't fly helicopters at all tbh.

Yeh exactly, i dont know how many times ive died trying to get a kil on the bombing raid, its a pain in the stones. I said before that id be willing to jump into an empty server with a load of lads to try and get the hard ones unlocked by helping each other out, nobody else was interested though.

I haven't even used the bombing run yet, there's always a queue outside the little command post thing, Usually results in a massive 15 minute firefight going on around the 1 guy that refuses to take his eyes off the door. If I focus on half empty servers for a while I reckon it should come easy enough though.
    I'm hoping a 200% XP boost plus a double XP weekend should at least give me some of the jet unlocks. If i do enough rounds, and with a bit of luck, I should get the Air Superiority ribbon.....hopefully :(
    I don't mind the slog too much, something to aim for I guess. I just really hate jets. Otherwise the assignments seems achievable, just long winded. At this rate I should unlock the FY-JS around September :)

Platoon members update:

Ally
    Bordorfox
    cobraeire
    cookmysock88
    De_Selby83
    Falstaff30
    Finn
    fuzziedunlop200
    keithc83
    Paul_booth
    Spagitis
    TigronIE
    thurlesdrunk
    XtraFalcon

IRL Clan members update:

Allyfagan
    Briguy07
    BordorFox
    cobraeire73
    Cookmysock88
    digitalmoon
    Desleby83
    Falstaff30
    dxFINNxb
    EireOrigins
    fuzziedunlop200
    keithc83
    Kerlin08
    HowyaNow147
    HomelessMidge
    NEEDFORWEED__420
    Paradisepaddy
    pat_the_breaker
    paul_booth_fan
    RaVeN737
    Roof2007
    SeanoDGreat
    scottyccfc
    Spagitis
    Super_Sonic_Eire
    thurlesdrunk
    TigronIE
    Tota11ybogusdude
    TrevsJocks
    weiland79
    Xtrafalcon

Plenty of room to join the platoon lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

cobraeire wrote: »
    Plenty of room to join the platoon lads :)

Joined there

good man ian

• Advertisement

Lol :-) You win our admiration and respect! ;-) And you also win paul booth hunting you down for your tags for his close second place!

Yeah, last night was a pain without chat, not the same at all. Hopefully thats sorted out now. Really need the communication to work well as a squad, or shout abuse ;-)

Yeah, got second assault but hav'nt had a chance to check it out yet. Should be on this eve so will try give it a look then.

Advertisement