Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

cobraeire wrote: »
    Going to try and get some platoon v platoon matches going,whether that be squad deathmatch,conquest or rush,the clans starting to build up a bit more (cheers) so hopefully some day we`ll have a full squad for conquest or rush,the past few night the chat parties have been full which is great to see but some lads might not get in cause the most you can have is eight ,not sure either about the game chat,but in this case we could have squad chat,which would work nice in conquest or rush,so in this case it think we`ll have platoon leaders which will lead the squads and pick flags to capture etc. i think we`ll pick four for now,these lads seem the most vocal in chat so if no one has any arguments we`ll go with ally,paul booth,spagitis and finn

Great idea Cobra. Especially as the clan grow's the squad chat should work well. Will also help me stop giving my position (and tags!!) away to you when you are playing on the opposite team in chat party. ;-)

Any suggestions for this weekends mission lads? Unfortunately no tag mission exists as of yet. Was thinking maybe the 'Best Squad Player' mission - get the highest squad score in a round. Might promote some team work!
    If ye fancy a different one let me know. Will start the counter friday afternoon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Any suggestions for this weekends mission lads? Unfortunately no tag mission exists as of yet. Was thinking maybe the 'Best Squad Player' mission - get the highest squad score in a round. Might promote some team work!
    If ye fancy a different one let me know. Will start the counter friday afternoon :-)

There's no misson for best runner-up by any chance is there?? :)

One suggestion for the team speak issue with more than 8 players, would be to simply set up 2 individual party chats(even numbers in each). In game, the squad leader can kick players from his squad, so we can use this tactic to get the IRL players together in the same squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

There's no misson for best runner-up by any chance is there?? :)

One suggestion for the team speak issue with more than 8 players, would be to simply set up 2 individual party chats(even numbers in each). In game, the squad leader can kick players from his squad, so we can use this tactic to get the IRL players together in the same squad.

the squad chat is a good thing but you have to remember the squad has to be private to allow kick and one squad wont hear the other if it is, that's for example hotel cant hear juliet, and each squad will only have 5 members so the squad will still be broken up voice wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭coolhandspan

can I join, sent request...........lol:) I am a bullet magnet...lol

sorry see this is a ps4 clan, any ps3 clans?

• Advertisement

BordorFox wrote: »
    the squad chat is a good thing but you have to remember the squad has to be private to allow kick and one squad wont hear the other if it is, that's for example hotel cant hear juliet, and each squad will only have 5 members so the squad will still be broken up voice wise.

I'm pretty sure I kicked a guy from my squad ages ago and I certainly don't recall the squad being private. Could be wrong but I not sure.
    The squad will be broken up a bit alright but I'd rather have 2 coordinated teams of 5 than deal with the alternative; 8 lads together while the other 2, already cut off from main chat anyway, get put in a squad where the only guy with a mic decides he wants to game with his favorite Arab folk songs on full volume. Just my humble ramblings :D

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

can I join, sent request...........lol:) I am a bullet magnet...lol

sorry see this is a ps4 clan, any ps3 clans?

Afraid not...sorry mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

What about most tanks destroyed as a mission?

weiland79 wrote: »
    What about most tanks destroyed as a mission?

There is no mission that is tank specific that I can see. But there is one called vehicle destroyer - most vehicles destroyed in one round. How does that sound lads?!

Almost rank 5 platoon! Will be 10 in no time at this rate!

• Advertisement

As promised tonight..

Some more IRL PS4 Clan footage from Zavod 311 with audio (seems to have not recorded my voice though)

And yes it seems my quad ejected Keith violently lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭allybhoy

As promised tonight..

Some more IRL PS4 Clan footage from Zavod 311 with audio (seems to have not recorded my voice though)

Apparently there is a way to record your voice when capturing...havent tried or tested it myself. Taken from

1. Press The share Button to bring up the sharing screen (Video, Screenshot or Broadcast)

2. Press the options button. Now you have a few options for the sharing.

3. Enable the option where to use your mic during video captures.

4. Get the hell out of that menu, once it is enable.

5. Press the Home button to bring up the UI.. go up to the party chat option and start a party chat. If you wanna be alone, select the invite only option.

6. Return to the game. Record video and now you can hear your voice over whatever you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I should have deployed the parachute for that ejection! lol
    I'm surprised i didn't get run over....thats what usually happens to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Reither420

So after an hour on the phone to Sony I decided to walk to gamestop while continuing to hold. Got to game stop ten mins standing behind this beast of a women who smelt like bacon rough bitch now on the phone an hour and a half. Ten more mins talking to guy about controller he gave me a new one. I walk home happy out but still on hold at sony because I still wanted to unload some anger. 2 hours holding I have up.

But ready to kill again so happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

As promised tonight..

Those Turk lads starting wrecking my head until Zavod where they just imploded. Concentrated on taking down their choppers so they couldn't offload passengers on the roofs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

Hi folks.

If anyone wants to add me - would love to squad up with some team players. I play BF4 vanilla maps - no DLC yet. Only get online a few times a week so not a heavy player. Have been playing BF since BF 1942 on PC and each game since.

PSN: DerekPhantom

allybhoy wrote: »
    Apparently there is a way to record your voice when capturing...havent tried or tested it myself. Taken from

1. Press The share Button to bring up the sharing screen (Video, Screenshot or Broadcast)

2. Press the options button. Now you have a few options for the sharing.

3. Enable the option where to use your mic during video captures.

4. Get the hell out of that menu, once it is enable.

5. Press the Home button to bring up the UI.. go up to the party chat option and start a party chat. If you wanna be alone, select the invite only option.

6. Return to the game. Record video and now you can hear your voice over whatever you are doing.

I will try that next time, thanks!
    Reither420 wrote: »
    So after an hour on the phone to Sony I decided to walk to gamestop while continuing to hold. Got to game stop ten mins standing behind this beast of a women who smelt like bacon rough bitch now on the phone an hour and a half. Ten more mins talking to guy about controller he gave me a new one. I walk home happy out but still on hold at sony because I still wanted to unload some anger. 2 hours holding I have up.

But ready to kill again so happy days

Nice job, regardless of sonys bad support, at least you got a new dualshock.
    keithc83 wrote: »
    I should have deployed the parachute for that ejection! lol
    I'm surprised i didn't get run over....thats what usually happens to me!

I was like previewing the video and heard the big bang and was like, when the hell did that happen lol

I will try that next time, thanks!

Nice job, regardless of sonys bad support, at least you got a new dualshock.

I was like previewing the video and heard the big bang and was like, when the hell did that happen lol

No worries, i dont know if it works as ive never tested it, ill try it later. Id love to know how to capture the last 5 mintes of gameplay or whatever and then after a while create a little montage, i often have WTF moments in the game but never bother recording them.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

catch--22 wrote: »
    Hi folks.

If anyone wants to add me - would love to squad up with some team players. I play BF4 vanilla maps - no DLC yet. Only get online a few times a week so not a heavy player. Have been playing BF since BF 1942 on PC and each game since.

PSN: DerekPhantom

Welcome on board derek,don`t to join the platoon and if you want jump on to chat if you like :D

There is a 1.3gb update being pushed right now for BF4
    March 4 PS4 Game Update Notes
    -Several crash fixes and stability improvements
    -Various improvements for Spectator Mode
    -Increased the maxium rank to 120
    -Fixed an issue with the kill camera triggering before game client would display the last portion of damage being dealt, giving players the impression that they died too early
    -Fixed issue with blood effects, damage indicators, and health bar updates in the HUD being out of sync. This issue meant that players would sometimes miss information about being shot at, or get the impression of too few hits occurring for the amount of bullets that hit.
    -Tweaked the speed, dispersion, and re-arm duration of the IFV and MBT projectiles
    -Tweaked timing for how long the killfeed stays on screen
    -Fixed an issue where the message "Joining Server" sometimes didn't appear when the user tried to join the server
    -Added default player slots to server browser filters
    -Fix for an issue on Silk Road where players could deform the terrain to create a big, water-filled hole
    -Fix for a bug that occurred with the end-of-round camera if the player was in the bomber in China Rising
    -Fix for an issue on Rogue Transmission where it was impossible to capture a flag while riding the quad bike
    -Prevented players from interacting with an M-Com on Siege of Shanghai after it had been destroyed
    -Fixed an issue where audio for disarming M-Coms could get stuck in an infinite loop
    -Added minimap details for missing carriers in Rush on Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort
    -Fix for an exploit that would allow players to shoot two tank shells with not enough delay between shots
    -Removed a bug where squads would get split up when transitioning between Conquest and Air Superiority
    -Fixed an issue where Defuse could get stuck in an unplayable state between rounds
    -Removed a bug that would cause players to sometimes get stuck in the killcam after having been killed
    -Fixed an issue with revive icon not being greyed out in-game on map and minimap, when the player died after getting revived in Defuse
    -General improvements and bug fixes for the Battledash and Mission create screens
    -Fixed a bug where red laser dots would get stuck on textures
    -Zoom dispersion fix. When zooming in while firing the dispersion did not lower to the new max value
    -Fixed a bug where the enemy health always displayed as full in the kill-cam
    -Fixed an issue in Defuse so killed bomb carrier can’t plant a bomb in the next round without picking up a new bomb
    -The MAV has been updated to prevent players from exploiting it
    -Improved repair rates for vehicles with different base healths
    -Tweaked volume balance and other ambience parameters on the majority of base game and China Rising maps
    -Improved the track vehicles wheel friction so vehicles don’t get stuck at relatively minor hills
    -Fixed an issue with faulty zoom levels that occurred when using click to zoom in. While sprinting and zooming, will mess up the zoom levels, from hip to zoom.
    -Improved boat physics and handling, including implementation of a system that lets players push stuck boats back in the water

Weapon tweaks
    -THe SRS bolt action time has been tweaked and the rate of fire has been lowered
    -The GOL bolt action time has been tweaked
    -The muzzle velocity for the MP7 has been reduced
    -The MTAR21 muzzle velocity has been reduced
    -Updated the handling of the 1x scopes for Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, UTAS, MTAR, L85A2, and F2000
    -Updated rate of fire for the RGP7 and NLAW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Reither420

Game on later need to make up for lost time ha

Very good, pushing the ribs back looks like a pain in the stones, suppose dont beach them! :D

suppose dont beach them! :D

Easier said than done, the amount of Rhibs and Attack Boats I've cost my teams during these 4 months is almost embarrassing. Get so focused on dealing with the enemy I completely ignore the immediate surroundings and suddenly I'm parked about 15ft up the beachhead :)
    I'd glad to see the new assignments are a lot better thought out and don't seem like too much of an endurance test to unlock

Looks like an interesting new game mode. Combo of Rush/Conquest?
    I will not be trying to get beached ribs back in the water anyway.....i am an easy enough target as is without doing that! lol
    What i found interesting was the system performance check add-on. Are they trying to blame our connections for the continual server "lag"?

Did a few of you play last night post patch? Was it any better than the last couple of nights performance wise?

Are they trying to blame our connections for the continual server "lag"?

Did a few of you play last night post patch? Was it any better than the last couple of nights performance wise?

I think it's a genuine attempt by DICE to help the players troubleshoot any issues before launching a hate filled tirade at them via Twitter or some other forum

The big thing I noticed last night was the kill cam not matching the on screen information. At one point I was clearly killed by a sniper off to my left, I seen him too late as I was going for someone else, the killcam even told me I was killed by the GOL Magnum but it higjlighted a tank halfway across the map......

I think it's a genuine attempt by DICE to help the players troubleshoot any issues before launching a hate filled tirade at them via Twitter or some other forum

The big thing I noticed last night was the kill cam not matching the on screen information. At one point I was clearly killed by a sniper off to my left, I seen him too late as I was going for someone else, the killcam even told me I was killed by the GOL Magnum but it higjlighted a tank halfway across the map......

Well yeah i would never be one for going into a hate filled tirade on DICE but I have heard about those and they are pretty ridiculous doing that imho.

Wasn't one of the updates supposed to fix that killcam issue? I had an experience like that at the weekend on Langcang Dam where I was in a building, I was clearly shot with an smg but the killcam highlighted an LAV no where near me... lol

Looks like an interesting new game mode. Combo of Rush/Conquest?
    I will not be trying to get beached ribs back in the water anyway.....i am an easy enough target as is without doing that! lol
    What i found interesting was the system performance check add-on. Are they trying to blame our connections for the continual server "lag"?

I played last night with Spag, Cobra and Border. Weirdly, all 4 of us felt the physics \ control were different. My aim isn't amazing but last night i was missing fellas 4 feet in front of me. I had changed my gun to one i never used before, put it down to not being able to control the recoil at start, after a while i was getting pssd of so switched back to a gun i was used to and my aim was still off. Was losing gunfights that i normally would win. Played 3 rounds and near the end of the last one i was gradually coming to terms with it but I was still getting killed a lot more than i normally do. Might have just been having a bad night but it felt different.

Apart from that didnt notice much else, still had a bit of lag on some maps and also had the issue of no weapons in the gunner seat of tanks\lav's, also experienced the problem that Keith noticed where the killcam would show you the wrong person who killed you.

I played last night with Spag, Cobra and Border. Weirdly, all 4 of us felt the physics \ control were different. My aim isn't amazing but last night i was missing fellas 4 feet in front of me. I had changed my gun to one i never used before, put it down to not being able to control the recoil at start, after a while i was getting pssd of so switched back to a gun i was used to and my aim was still off. Was losing gunfights that i normally would win. Played 3 rounds and near the end of the last one i was gradually coming to terms with it but I was still getting killed a lot more than i normally do. Might have just been having a bad night but it felt different.

Apart from that didnt notice much else, still had a bit of lag on some maps and also had the issue of no weapons in the gunner seat of tanks\lav's, also experienced the problem that Keith noticed where the killcam would show you the wrong person who killed you.

That does sound like quite a bit has changed so. Will try to get on tonight to see what it feels like. Your aim is a lot better than mine so I don't hold much hope for me if the physics have changed that much. Might just go on the test range for a bit to see before hand.

• Advertisement

That does sound like quite a bit has changed so. Will try to get on tonight to see what it feels like. Your aim is a lot better than mine so I don't hold much hope for me if the physics have changed that much. Might just go on the test range for a bit to see before hand.

Might have just been a bad night or the server we were on or better quality opposition but it certainly felt like the sensitivity and movement and recoil were modified slightly.

Advertisement