Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

I personally like [IRL] PS4 Clan

It still leaves it open for the [IRL] XB1/PC Clans to be set up and maintain independence from each other. Sure since we're all on boards.ie anyway, then why don't we ALLl just use the IRL tag? We're not going to run into each other online anyway but it'll be a good way to show the IRL community across all the platforms.

your right there paul,myself and bordorfox was on an irl clan on the xbox360 on bf3,but when i got the ps4 we didn`t see any on here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

cobraeire wrote: »
    your right there paul,myself and bordorfox was on an irl clan on the xbox360 on bf3,but when i got the ps4 we didn`t see any on here

It seems like Spear(PC elitist :D) and miju(XB1) are the most 'vocal' for their respective platform so I'll send them a pm just to see if their ok with the 3 platforms running kinda as one. The PC one is already up under the name Boardsie PC so would anyone here object to us using Boardsie PS4?

EDIT: I realise it's very similar to the one set up by Chickenboy but I think it best to appear under 1 unified name if you know what I mean

It seems like Spear(PC elitist :D) and miju(XB1) are the most vocal I guess for their respective platform so I'll send them a pm just to see if their ok with the 3 platforms running kinda as one. The PC one is already up under the name Boardsie PC so would anyone here object to us using Boardsie PS4?

i know miju,noooo dont open a can of worms

We`ll just stick to our own :D....i think we`ll just keep it irl ps4,even so i know miju is going to be switching over to the dark side soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It seems like Spear(PC elitist :D) and miju(XB1) are the most 'vocal' for their respective platform so I'll send them a pm just to see if their ok with the 3 platforms running kinda as one. The PC one is already up under the name Boardsie PC so would anyone here object to us using Boardsie PS4?

EDIT: I realise it's very similar to the one set up by Chickenboy but I think it best to appear under 1 unified name if you know what I mean

I think it's best to clear and separate the IRL named one and the more general boards.ie one. I explicitly want there to be both boards.ie PS4 and boards.ie PS3 ones, and would've created them myself if it was possible. So I need someone, preferably familiar with the Irish PS4/PS3 players to step up and start one, and to manage it.

In terms of the IRL, that of course is your own business to arrange as wished for.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    I think it's best to clear and separate the IRL named one and the more general boards.ie one.

Yeah that's fair enough
    So I need someone, preferably familiar with the Irish PS4/PS3 players to step up and start one, and to manage it.

I'd volunteer, but with the kids and my somewhat unorthodox work hours I'm not sure I could give it the time. Also very unfamiliar with the Irish players until recently, never been in any sort of clan etc before, probably only do the job a disservice.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,070 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Platoons aren't as formal a thing as clans, after all you can join three of them at once. They're more like player groups in the most general sense, or the gangs from Max Payne/GTA5.

I think it's best to clear and separate the IRL named one and the more general boards.ie one. I explicitly want there to be both boards.ie PS4 and boards.ie PS3 ones, and would've created them myself if it was possible. So I need someone, preferably familiar with the Irish PS4/PS3 players to step up and start one, and to manage it.

In terms of the IRL, that of course is your own business to arrange as wished for.

Well i was in talks with miju a while back he was mentioning the same thing as yourself,i know him well from the xbox days :P,but i just wanted to keep it simple,i thought when we were in the xbox irl clan it just went over the top with rules etc.,the fun was taking out of it.

But that's in terms of a proper clan. While platoons can be used to mark a delineate a group as a clan, they don't mean rules/structure etc. Some of them are just general grouping such as players of a nationality, or in this case, a site.

Just to throw in my little opinion here, I'm all for the teamwork and camaraderie that's associated with having a 'clan' and whatnot, just without the strict competitive side that tends to comes with it.

Either way though I think we gotta have a vote of some sorts, I'm okay using the [BRDS] tag if we do go that route, although I do kinda like the current [IRL] ones

• Advertisement

Just to throw in my little opinion here, I'm all for the teamwork and camaraderie that's associated with having a 'clan' and whatnot, just without the strict competitive side that tends to comes with it.

Either way though I think we gotta have a vote of some sorts, I'm okay using the [BRDS] tag if we do go that route, although I do kinda like the current [IRL] ones

Well i think we`ll keep it IRL,thats how it started and how its staying.Up to yourself`s if you`s want to start your own clan,but this ones staying IRL
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Personally i see no reason to even worry about platoons, they were on BF3 also and were not used and i doubt they will be used here either, people playing mostly wont be near a PC and just getting people to change their tags to IRL or get an emblem was a mission also.

As for clan name and clan tag, i think they should stay the same and if boards want their own they should make their own thread and clan, if that's a problem we could manage the clan from irishgamers.ie or elsewhere instead.

This is why the older clans failed, it became less about fun and more so about egos and people trying to tell other what to do, ruins the game for me, don't know about you all but i don't try and take the game so serious.

They're not mutually exclusive, you can join three and thus have the choice between three tags/emblems.

Well i think we`ll keep it IRL,thats how it started and how its staying.Up to yourself`s if you`s want to start your own clan,but this ones staying IRL
    :)

Yeah that's fine by me.
    Quick question; is it possible for Chickenboy to delete his platoon and start a new one??
    I know it's been asked for the highest ranked member to create the IRL Platoon but I think if Chickenboy is willing to run it, and to be fair he did already try start one for us, then he should at least be considered

Yeah that's fine by me.
    Quick question; is it possible for Chickenboy to delete his platoon and start a new one??
    I know it's been asked for the highest ranked member to create the IRL Platoon but I think if Chickenboy is willing to run it, and to be fair he did already try start one for us, then he should at least be considered

Well theres 3 names in my head lol,but you want someone who`s on most nights,and that most of the time in team chat,and there was 1 or 2 that asked me before chicken in chat,not that i`m dismissing him,fuzzy is a good player,but as i said there 3/4 in for the running :P,we`ll have to start canvassing for votes next :)

Well theres 3 names in my head lol,but you want someone who`s on most nights,and that most of the time in team chat,and there was 1 or 2 that asked me before chicken in chat,not that i`m dismissing him,fuzzy is a good player,but as i said there 3/4 in for the running :P,we`ll have to start canvassing for votes next :)

Ah ok, that sounds fair to be honest. Well the first one to make me a button pin gets my vote :)

Ah ok, that sounds fair to be honest. Well the first one to make me a button pin gets my vote :)

lol,well all that said i think thurlesdrunk is the man for the job,cheers to fuzzy and the rest but i think i`ll go with thurles,(unless the rest of yis are unhappy with that?)he`s on every day without fail,and yapping away on the party very relaxed man :P,at the end of the day its just a few lads on shooting the ****e out of each other for a bit of craic.

IRL CLAN member update:

Allyfagan
    Briguy07
    BordorFox
    cobraeire73
    Cookmysock88
    digitalmoon
    Desleby83
    dxFINNxb
    EireOrigins
    fuzziedunlop200
    Kerlin08
    Gileadi
    HomelessMidge
    MarkLogan-91
    NEEDFORWEED__420
    pat_the_breaker
    paul_booth_fan
    RaVeN737
    Roof2007
    SeanoDGreat
    scottyccfc
    Spagitis
    Super_Sonic_Eire
    thurlesdrunk
    TigronIE
    Tota11ybogusdude
    TrevsJocks
    weiland79
    Xtrafalcon

lol,well all that said i think thurlesdrunk is the man for the job,cheers to fuzzy and the rest but i think i`ll go with thurles,(unless the rest of yis are unhappy with that?)he`s on every day without fail,and yapping away on the party very relaxed man :P,at the end of the day its just a few lads on shooting the ****e out of each other for a bit of craic.

Seems appropriate for an Irish clan to have a drunk at the helm alright........:D

For full transparency, I'd be okay with Ally as well

Seems appropriate for an Irish clan to have a drunk at the helm alright........:D

For full transparency, I'd be okay with Ally as well

lmao...yup i was thinking of ally plus another 1 or 2 ,i went for thurles cause hes on mostly everyday like myself plus hes always in chat,and laid back when i take his tags :P,though allys on most night as well and also is always in chat ,theres at least 6 to 7 of us on most nights and stuck in chat,though there was about 4 of them with premium,but thurles was really the 1st to ask as well,though when it all goes tits up as well we can blame him :P.

• Advertisement

I could of taking a lot into consideration also,like ally was one of the 1st members,that fra was is the highest member,but he doesn`t come on boards or chat,and that yourself paul (booth) is good at organising telling where the enemy is etc,same as pat we could get 6 or 7 guys on here to start one ,but again its just a bit of craic at the end of the day...can the person that has the platoon make the promoting/demoting members?

can the person that has the platoon make the promoting/demoting members?

Direct from DICE;

• The ability to create and join a Platoon for up to 100 members.
    • Basic Platoon management such as inviting, applying, and promoting/demoting members.
    • A private and public Platoon feed, where you can communicate and coordinate.
    • A Platoon emblem and tag that all members can easily apply.
    • The ability to earn stats for your Platoon and rank it up, and see all the matches you played together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I'm going on now of anyone wants to try some squad deathmatch

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm going on now of anyone wants to try some squad deathmatch

be on now in a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Hey lads, wouldn't mind joining up with ye. Am part of a platoon already, but wouldn't be averse to hopping in and out of it when I play with my regular group. Due to work hours, I'm mainly on after midnight. Wonder if there are many other late nighters?

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Hey lads, wouldn't mind joining up with ye. Am part of a platoon already, but wouldn't be averse to hopping in and out of it when I play with my regular group. Due to work hours, I'm mainly on after midnight. Wonder if there are many other late nighters?

Depending on work and kids etc, I may be on fairly late some times. No harm putting up your PS id anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Myself and Aaron play quite regularly and I guess when he's in work I'm on my own trying to not lose the rag with useless team mates. I'm up for joining the clan too so I can have a regular group to play with.

PSN: kensutz

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paradisepaddy

normally on late enough but why not.

psn: paradisepaddy

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

kensutz wrote: »
    Myself and Aaron play quite regularly and I guess when he's in work I'm on my own trying to not lose the rag with useless team mates. I'm up for joining the clan too so I can have a regular group to play with.

PSN: kensutz

Added you there, see you online.

• Advertisement

Welcome on board lads (pardon the pun) :P

Advertisement