Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Some more gameplay

no voices recorded since we were in party chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

My wife has discovered Game of Thrones and has hijacked my TV to watch it on (what the fvck is wrong with the one upstairs) if she doesn't relinquish the TV tonight I will be smothering her in her sleep. Anyone know what NAT type you get from a Mountjoy cell?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Wait, you can play Battlefield in prison? What am I doing in work?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

allybhoy wrote: »
    I played last night with Spag, Cobra and Border. Weirdly, all 4 of us felt the physics \ control were different. My aim isn't amazing but last night i was missing fellas 4 feet in front of me. I had changed my gun to one i never used before, put it down to not being able to control the recoil at start, after a while i was getting pssd of so switched back to a gun i was used to and my aim was still off. Was losing gunfights that i normally would win. Played 3 rounds and near the end of the last one i was gradually coming to terms with it but I was still getting killed a lot more than i normally do. Might have just been having a bad night but it felt different.

Apart from that didnt notice much else, still had a bit of lag on some maps and also had the issue of no weapons in the gunner seat of tanks\lav's, also experienced the problem that Keith noticed where the killcam would show you the wrong person who killed you.

Funny you say that about the aiming problem. When I was on early yesterday eve with Cobra and Spag I also experienced that. Although I was also trying out a new assault rifle with different sights so I put it down to that. Will try again tonight with the older assault rifle I'm used to and see of that makes any difference. Weird though.
    Otherwise no other problems this side, lag actually seems a lot less but time will tell

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

I thought the sound was poorer for a while but probably because I was nitpicking and then again I wasn't using the headset in quite a while. Will give it a shot later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Funny you say that about the aiming problem. When I was on early yesterday eve with Cobra and Spag I also experienced that. Although I was also trying out a new assault rifle with different sights so I put it down to that. Will try again tonight with the older assault rifle I'm used to and see of that makes any difference. Weird though.
    Otherwise no other problems this side, lag actually seems a lot less but time will tell

You weren't by chance using a Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, MTAR, L85A2 or F2000 were you? They appear to have changed the aiming mechanics with bullpup weapons when using the red dot sights

You weren't by chance using a Type95B1, A91, SteyrAug, SAR21, QBZ951, FAMAS, MTAR, L85A2 or F2000 were you? They appear to have changed the aiming mechanics with bullpup weapons when using the red dot sights

It's was an AKU-12 with iron sights first and then cobra sights. Seemed more difficult to aim. Used the sar-21 but not as much change noticed with that. Could be me getting paranoid about the update though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Lads, anyone finding BF4 even more lagging now? I did the system check on a Rush game and it was fine but on any map on Conquest Large it was down a "severely bad". Surely it isn't me, it is the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

mozattack wrote: »
    Lads, anyone finding BF4 even more lagging now? I did the system check on a Rush game and it was fine but on any map on Conquest Large it was down a "severely bad". Surely it isn't me, it is the game?
    Definitley even more lag happening now, its a joke. They posted on their blog about packet loss two days ago (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/) and have implemented an icon in the top right hand corner to indicate when you have packet loss. I see this icon every 4 seconds, its a complete joke. It can't be coming from my side, my ping is 7 and we have 30MB broadband.

I'm finished with this game until they get their fingers out and fix the lag that has been plaguing the game since release. A release date that was 5 months ago??? EA and DICE are really taking the piss

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭chickenboy

Battleflag wrote: »
    I'm finished with this game until they get their fingers out and fix the lag that has been plaguing the game since release. A release date that was 5 months ago??? EA and DICE are really taking the piss

With Dark Souls 2 on its way next week and Infamous the week after, I can see myself being away from Battlefield for the next month or so. I'd like to believe that by the time I'm back, everything will have been sorted. I think I'm being optimistic.

• Advertisement

Just unlocked the GOL Magnum :D ****ing finally

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Just unlocked the GOL Magnum :D ****ing finally

Loved it from BC2, but its not the same :( Still a good rifle though.

I do love how they make some of their assignments counterintuitive to playing the game properly... Sit on a tower for a whole game while everyone else tries to cap flags/set mcoms etc...

Platoon Rank 7 in sight lads, keep up the good work. Hopefully leaderboards for platoons will be up soon

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Loved it from BC2, but its not the same :( Still a good rifle though.

I do love how they make some of their assignments counterintuitive to playing the game properly... Sit on a tower for a whole game while everyone else tries to cap flags/set mcoms etc...

Did it within about 3 minutes this time as well. Spawned on C on Firestorm and ran towards the big tower. Luckily there was already an enemy up there so I climbed up and shot him point blank, sniped 2 guys trying to push on the C flag, another guy on a tower beside me, got killed and we lost the flag. Had to spawn at E and run over, found 2 enemy snipers up there this time :) shot one, stabbed the other and got my GOL.

Gonna try for F2000 now

**** the F2000, gave China Rising dlc another go and just got a kill with the bomber so I've now unlocked the SUAV. Productive morning so far :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,148 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

**** the F2000, gave China Rising dlc another go and just got a kill with the bomber so I've now unlocked the SUAV. Productive morning so far :)

SUAVs are just great for annoying roof campers.

Battleflag wrote: »
    Definitley even more lag happening now, its a joke. They posted on their blog about packet loss two days ago (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/news/view/addressing-netcode-in-bf4/) and have implemented an icon in the top right hand corner to indicate when you have packet loss. I see this icon every 4 seconds, its a complete joke. It can't be coming from my side, my ping is 7 and we have 30MB broadband.

How does a PS4 player know their ping?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You empty a clip into someone's back. They turn round and OHK you. You know it's bad.

I'm pretty sure you can't find out. There's an icon at the server select screen which gives an indication on the connection but how reliable it is I don't know.

Ally, i think you mentioned that the controls felt weird since the last patch? Is this the same for you as I am struggling with them, they feel slower or something so much so that I had to put the senstivity up to compensate (but it didnt work great)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You empty a clip into someone's back. They turn round and OHK you. You know it's bad.

I'm pretty sure you can't find out. There's an icon at the server select screen which gives an indication on the connection but how reliable it is I don't know.

Press the options button, go to options, then press R3. It shows you your connection to the server. It was added in the latest patch.

• Advertisement

Played for an hour or 2 just now and I didn't notice any lag to be honest, not even when the tower on Shanghai came down. I played on the vanilla maps, China Rising and Second Assault maps with no issues. I only ever really seem to notice lag on Langcam Dam or when the Hainen Resort collapses but I didn't play any rounds on them today so I couldn't say if it was any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Played for an hour or 2 just now and I didn't notice any lag to be honest, not even when the tower on Shanghai came down. I played on the vanilla maps, China Rising and Second Assault maps with no issues. I only ever really seem to notice lag on Langcam Dam or when the Hainen Resort collapses but I didn't play any rounds on them today so I couldn't say if it was any worse

Well done on the unlocks Paul! Definitely a good morning's gaming!

Playing last night with a few of the lads i noticed that the lag had got worse for me. I even got kicked from a couple of servers with a connection error. And for some reason I also had a killcam glitch happen twice where i could not get out of the killcam no matter what i tried. I had to leave the game and rejoin. Has that happened anyone else?
    My internet connection is not the best but surely it can't be as bad as what I am getting on Battlefield? I know Ally has had issues and some of the other lads got lag last night too at the same time I did. I guess right now you just have to be lucky to not get any lag?! Hopefully tonight will be a little different. We can only live in hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Ally, i think you mentioned that the controls felt weird since the last patch? Is this the same for you as I am struggling with them, they feel slower or something so much so that I had to put the senstivity up to compensate (but it didnt work great)

Yep played lastnight again and still felt off somehow, went back to the tried and trusted Ace23 to see if it was the guns I was using and even that felt different, i cant explain it. Like you, it feels like target acquisition is slower and more twitchy somehow, increasing sensitivity didnt make things better. Medium to long range targets amplifies the issue, Its like ill aim for someones head and miss, then readjust, by then im dead.

Im losing gunfights that a week or two ago i would have won and this is having a negative effect on my KDR. Previously, i would have had a fairly decent KDR in most rounds, in and around 2.1 now id say its evens at best, I know KDR isnt the most important thing but its still annoyin. Im trying to get around this by utilizing vehicles more and choosing my battles a bit better and also aiming for the chest, if someone is more than say 30-50 metres away ill decline engaging because I cant be confident ill win, whereas previously I would be confident id drop them. Add this problem to the server lag issue, its fair to say im not really enjoying the game at the moment

Was getting 0 hitmarkers in a game of Obliteration just there. None at all. Didn't matter what range, I was standing face to face with an enemy and both of us emptied our magazines and we were both just standing there.

Video of the Naval Strike guns and the new Anti-Air mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joaQoaEbUb4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The SR2 looks fun. 900 rounds per minute, but with more damage than nearly all the other PDWs, and a bigger magazine than the AS VAL. Glad to see that the AA mine isn't too strong either

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Haven't been on as much lately due to my last few weeks of college so being rushed with assignments and tests etc.

Hoping to get on Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭brady12

Evo81987 add me for ps4 b4..quick question as engineer why cant I Carry 7 mines on one map and 3 and another? With same perk on. Presume it to do with map size?

brady12 wrote: »
    Evo81987 add me for ps4 b4..quick question as engineer why cant I Carry 7 mines on one map and 3 and another? With same perk on. Presume it to do with map size?

Since it's a tiered perk system, it's most likely because your squad aren't doing well enough to activate the higher perks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Shane_86 on ps4, adding people now. Can't seem to find the platoon though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

ShaneU wrote: »
    Shane_86 on ps4, adding people now. Can't seem to find the platoon though

2955059191567814088.png

IRL PS4 Platoon = http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

Instructions how to Add IRL clan tag is HERE

Example shows me adding the tag EIRE but we use the tag IRL

Advertisement