Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Snako

I don't know how that's not sold out yet with the Pixies on the bill, didn't there last two Dublin gigs sell light lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Shorty11857

Snako wrote: »
    I don't know how that's not sold out yet with the Pixies on the bill, didn't there last two Dublin gigs sell light lightning

Marlay Park is a tad bit bigger than the Olympia

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Seems much easier than expected to get tickets.

I thought with the amazing addition of the Pixies these would be impossible to get but it was a piece of p*ss.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

It might sell out by the end of the day, if not it'll be next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Well that was torturous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got mine on the app.. Painless.. Woo Hoo!

Marlay Park is a tad bit bigger than the Olympia

Very true, still I would have thought it would have sold out this morning. It's a pretty sweet deal for €61ish.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Very true, still I would have thought it would have sold out this morning. It's a pretty sweet deal for €61ish.

If the tickets went on sale in the middle of March maybe.

But < 2 weeks before Christmas? Everyone is broke!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    If the tickets went on sale in the middle of March maybe.

But < 2 weeks before Christmas? Everyone is broke!
    ha, I was just thinking where I'm going to make some cuts to cover this, good point

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

Couldn't believe how easily I sauntered on to the website and picked up tickets. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

what's marlay park like for a gig? what's the capacity?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Outdoor gigs in Ireland very rarely sell out within the first few days on ticket release anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Dante

In and out in 2 minutes, after missing out on tickets to the Pixies last month I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

is this sold out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Bowlardo wrote: »
    is this sold out?

Not yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just got my tickets. AF and the Pixies are literally my two favourite bands currently performing so this is just too good to miss. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭flashforward

Got 3 tickets but when I chose my delivery type it would only allow me to post the tickets, the e option kept telling me there was an issue.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Anyway I can get the online ticket as this is for a Christmas present?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

Got 3 tickets but when I chose my delivery type it would only allow me to post the tickets, the e option kept telling me there was an issue.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Anyway I can get the online ticket as this is for a Christmas present?

Same thing happened me earlier on so I was choosing post, but when I was entering payment details I got timed out and had to start from scratch. This time it let me choose e-tickets. I was delighted coz one of mine is a pressie as well. Try logging out and back in and it might work for you!

Guess this means they're not sold out?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Inkyhead wrote: »
    Guess this means they're not sold out?

30,000 capacity, same weekend as Glasto. I doubt they'll sell out in one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bought my tickets. Should be a great gig. Didn't even think about any extra support until now but could easily be another v good band playing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Bit early to be suggesting support acts is it? The National and Interpol are touring this year...Oh I can dream...

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Bit early to be suggesting support acts is it? The National and Interpol are touring this year...Oh I can dream...

Either of those acts would be super!

Both would be incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

sheroman01 wrote: »

i'd love for Interpol to be added!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The National are too big to play 3rd these days . Interpol could do it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

Just love interpol. Was watching them earlier on youtube. Love "Evil" and "Slow Hands"

Would love them to play Marley Park!!!!

Got my tickets yesterday. June 29th can't come soon enough!!!! It's going to be an epic gig!!!!!

One small minus about Interpol though.............

they're sh*t live :(

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Personally speaking I'm gonna disagree with this, I've seen them live a few times now and always enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

Am going to disagree as well. I've seem them 3 times. Maybe, the last time it wasn't their best show (in The Olympia) but the two times before that were class.

The first time was in Oxegen a good few years ago. They was just a class gig. It was my first time and so I excited to see them and they delivered for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

There is no chance of Interpol being added to this. The ticket price is set at a gig level not a day festival level and any additions will reflect that. At best you might get an up and coming international act added but most likely it'll be a couple of local bands (not at all a bad thing).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Toast wrote: »
    There is no chance of Interpol being added to this. The ticket price is set at a gig level not a day festival level and any additions will reflect that. At best you might get an up and coming international act added but most likely it'll be a couple of local bands (not at all a bad thing).

Yea could see someone like Hozier being added or Walking on Cars/Little Green Cars

Advertisement