Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Yea could see someone like Hozier being added or Walking on Cars/Little Green Cars

no cars go....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭micar

roll wrote: »
    no cars go....

tut tut tut tut tut!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

micar wrote: »
    Am going to disagree as well. I've seem them 3 times. Maybe, the last time it wasn't their best show (in The Olympia) but the two times before that were class.

The first time was in Oxegen a good few years ago. They was just a class gig. It was my first time and so I excited to see them and they delivered for me.

Was that 2007? If so I'm gonna have to seriously disagree. Was so excited to see them that I skipped a great Tori Amos set. Very underwhelmed.

That weekend was also the absolute worst I've seen Arcade Fire. They were shocking!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

8-10 wrote: »
    Was that 2007? If so I'm gonna have to seriously disagree. Was so excited to see them that I skipped a great Tori Amos set. Very underwhelmed.

That weekend was also the absolute worst I've seen Arcade Fire. They were shocking!

I was at that gig. It was was my 4th time seeing them. Thought they were fine. Not amazing but far from shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭red face dave

Delighted I got two tickets. Could see someone like Ham sandwich play earlier in the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lumbo wrote: »
    I was at that gig. It was was my 4th time seeing them. Thought they were fine. Not amazing but far from shocking.

Maybe that's more accurate, fine but not amazing. ;) Just the worst by a margin. Festival sets aren't the best anyway.

Going back to the original point I didn't think Interpol were great live that day, or when I saw them support U2, so I'm not too keen on them playing this gig. However, pixies and AF alone are worth the money so I don't really care who they wheel out, it's going to be an amazing gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

8-10 wrote: »
    Maybe that's more accurate, fine but not amazing. ;) Just the worst by a margin. Festival sets aren't the best anyway.

I can forgive them for being off their game as the reality was Oxegen '07 was a miserable festival and on the heels of a lot of miserable festivals for Arcade Fire. This is a band that recently suggested people dress formally to their gigs. Now imagine them looking out over day 3 of Oxegen in the daylight in a field which was actually knee deep in mud. I'm guessing their romantic view of their live shows was shattered that day. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,896 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Seen Interpol at OXegen 08 and really enjoyed them . Suppose they are one of those bands that you kinda need to know there songs since they dont have any "massive commercial hits"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Seen Interpol at OXegen 08 and really enjoyed them . Suppose they are one of those bands that you kinda need to know there songs since they dont have any "massive commercial hits"

I know all of their songs. I'm a massive fan.

They're terrible live!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

MrStuffins wrote: »

They're terrible live!

Rubbish! I'm also a massive fan and have seen them 3 times now I think, all were excellent shows. How you could consider them terrible is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

And what do yous think of Arcade Fire?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I wouldn't go as far as calling Interpol a terrible live band, I seen them a few times, maybe inconsistent might be a better term,
    I seen them in the RDS in 2007 and they were absolutely brilliant, however, the last time I seen them in the Olympia in 2010 they were very flat and a little boring. Carlos Dengler leaving the band was a huge loss and I don't think they have been the same band since!

Why are Interpol even been suggested? as far as I know they don't have a new record on the way or even a bass player for that matter, since Dave Pajo left, the band seem to have been on a hiatus the last while, Paul Banks has been concentrating on solo projects, I'm not sure what the others have been doing.

I agree that it is unlikely that another high profile act as big as Arcade Fire or The Pixies will be added, the only circumstance to make a possibility of that would be very bad ticket sales which is also very unlikely!

EDIT*
    I see Interpol have announced two German dates for the end of June and will be touring to promote the reissue of their first album,
    I still think it is very unlikely they will play support to Arcade Fire & The Pixies in Marlay Park tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

I wouldn't go as far as calling Interpol terrible live, I seen them a few times, maybe inconsistent might be a better term,
    I seen them in the RDS in 2007 and they were absolutely brilliant, however, the last time I seen them in the Olympia in 2010 they were very flat and a little boring. Carlos Dengler leaving the band was a huge loss and I don't think they have been the same band since!

Why are Interpol even been suggested? as far as I know they don't have a new record on the way or even a bass player for that matter, since Dave Pajo left, the band seem to have been on a hiatus the last while, Paul Banks has been concentrating on solo projects, I'm not sure what the others have been doing.

I agree that it is unlikely that another high profile act as big as Arcade Fire or The Pixies will be added, the only circumstance to make a possibility of that would be very bad ticket sales which is also very unlikely!

Interpol are currently recording their new album. https://twitter.com/Interpol

And they also have a date announced in Germany for the 20th June 2014. http://www.interpolnyc.com/shows/

I don't know who'll l get added, as someone else pointed out, with the tickets being as cheap as they are. But it's on the same weekend as glastonbury so there is a possibility with plenty of acts being available so who knows? Getting to play with Arcade fire and Pixies would be a pretty cool gig to be a part of!

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Thanks Breakfasttime!

Great to hear they are recording a new album!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Whoops, maybe I shouldn't have said anything about Interpol :P.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Got 3 tickets but when I chose my delivery type it would only allow me to post the tickets, the e option kept telling me there was an issue.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Anyway I can get the online ticket as this is for a Christmas present?

I had this issue as well. Tickets arrived in the post this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

MrStuffins wrote: »

They're terrible live!

Agreed, they are very wooden live, they just play the songs exactly as they recorded them. No deviation from the recorded versions, no jamming or showboating between songs, no improvisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Ordered my tickets yesterday. First proper concert in over 2 years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Agreed, they are very wooden live, they just play the songs exactly as they recorded them. No deviation from the recorded versions, no jamming or showboating between songs, no improvisation.

Yep, my thoughts exactly.

Anyway i doubt they will add anyone else to the bill and if they do its more likely to be a solid Irish band not an international one

• Registered Users Posts: 13 KeyzerSoze

Hey know I'm a bit of a johnny-come-lately but is there still tickets available for the Marlay Park concert?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

KeyzerSoze wrote: »
    Hey know I'm a bit of a johnny-come-lately but is there still tickets available for the Marlay Park concert?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

My tickets arrived in the post, says gates open at 3 so possibly 2 or 3 more support acts could still be added to the lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Do you reckon it will be necessary to queue early in order to get near the front?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

K4t wrote: »
    Do you reckon it will be necessary to queue early in order to get near the front?

Almost certainly yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Almost certainly yes.

Gates at 3, be there for 2 and be in pit no bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Ordered my tickets in the pre-sale - still haven't received them in the post ...

donnacha wrote: »
    Ordered my tickets in the pre-sale - still haven't received them in the post ...

Whats the rush? Sure the gig is months away :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Whats the rush? Sure the gig is months away :P

In fairness I wouldn't normally even think of it - just this thread and seeing others having received theirs in the post already. Sure nada I can do anyway until 7 days before the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭spodoinkle

If you get in to pit at these gigs, do you get a pit pass or something to get in and out? Ive never been at a gig early enough to get one

• Advertisement

spodoinkle wrote: »
    If you get in to pit at these gigs, do you get a pit pass or something to get in and out? Ive never been at a gig early enough to get one

Yea the pit pass will allow you to enter/exit the pit whenever you want

Advertisement