Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

8-10 wrote: »
    Otherwise take a trip to one of the other gigs!

Yeah I'd prefer the Irish gig though, not to mention the fact that The Pixies are on the bill as well:eek::cool:

It will make a handy Crimbo present for herself, kill two birds with the one stone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Inkyhead wrote: »
    Yeah I'd prefer the Irish gig though, not to mention the fact that The Pixies are on the bill as well:eek::cool:

First time I saw Arcade Fire they were on the same bill as The Pixies, wasn't the same way around though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

this means Pixies for Glasto !!!!

I've no interest in AF but I'd happily pay just to see pixies, shocked Pixies arent the headliners tbh

I've no interest in AF but I'd happily pay just to see pixies, shocked Pixies arent the headliners tbh

Really? I don't think it's shocking at all. Take a look at the venues in the USA that Arcade Fire are playing in 2014 and have been selling tickets for, and compare to the venues that Pixies played on their last US tour. Pixies are no longer the bigger band. Arcade Fire definitely sell more tickets these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,728 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I'm glad it is the Pixies on their own in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'm sure if the Pixies were that popular there would be a thread dedicated to their head-liner in The Marquee.

I'll be getting my AF tickets first thing Friday morning as I think it could sell out sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I'm sure if the Pixies were that popular there would be a thread dedicated to their head-liner in The Marquee.

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

grindle wrote: »

Oh ya, ha ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

I'll be getting my AF tickets first thing Friday morning as I think it could sell out sharpish.

Yeah , I'll be surprised if there's tickets left for this come Monday morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

peteeeed wrote: »
    i would be surprised if this has sold out by this time next week

Why? They have a massive following here. It's perfect ticket sale time before Christmas. They may only end up playing this one time in Ireland next year and they're more popular than ever thanks to the release of the brilliant 'Reflektor'. I'd be surprised if it isn't sold out by lunchtime on Friday.

• Advertisement

panama wrote: »
    They may only end up playing this one time in Ireland next year

Nah no chance, should be full European tour in Autumn

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Why? They have a massive following here. It's perfect ticket sale time before Christmas. They may only end up playing this one time in Ireland next year and they're more popular than ever thanks to the release of the brilliant 'Reflektor'. I'd be surprised if it isn't sold out by lunchtime on Friday.

mainly because of how big the venue is, i'll be going for sure . it will sell out but i dont think it will sell out straight away

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mooseloose

They'll be back at the end of August for the Picnic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

Why? They have a massive following here. It's perfect ticket sale time before Christmas

It's expensive, dropping without much warning at a time when people who normally don't have money have less and the week before a payday. Also the fanbase is very concentrated in the 25-40 range. They're not Prince or Bowie so people aren't going to be snapping them up for their parents.
    mooseloose wrote: »
    They'll be back at the end of August for the Picnic.

Someone said before they'll be knee deep in their Canadian tour during the picnic. It won't be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mooseloose

Toast wrote: »
    It's expensive, dropping without much warning at a time when people who normally don't have money have less and the week before a payday. Also the fanbase is very concentrated in the 25-40 range. They're not Prince or Bowie so people aren't going to be snapping them up for their parents.

Someone said before they'll be knee deep in their Canadian tour during the picnic. It won't be happening.

You're right, just checked their website. Pissflaps!!!
    Ah well, Marley Park will have to do, even though I'd be quicker walking to Belfast than getting there and back from the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

I'd disagree, I'd say that Green Day/ Paramore would have a biggest fanbase here, much bigger

Well then with all respect, I don't think you're right...

Arcade Fire sold out two consecutive nights in the 02 in 2010... Paramore didn't even manage to fill the 02 this year.

There's a much bigger buzz around AF than there's been around Paramore or Green Day in years.

This will sell very, very quickly...

Who the hell are Paramore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Who the hell are Paramore?

Terrible emo-pop band for 15yo girls and the boys that want to grope them. Hot singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭lennyloulou

Hi Folks, Are pre sale codes exclusive...can they be used numerous times... if so is there any warm hearted person in the interest of Good Will at Christmas & Peace to all men willing to PM me their pre sale ticket code please, If so, Eternal Thanks, from a very pregnant & tired soon to be 1st time Mum!

Assuming I don't go to any of the European shows, I make this one my milestone 30th Arcade Fire gig.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭sporina

pre sale tickets are now available apparently - how does one get some?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

Feck it, I have something big on that morning . Do Marlay Park gigs usually start at night or during the day ?

Zipp101 wrote: »
    Feck it, I have something big on that morning . Do Marlay Park gigs usually start at night or during the day ?

It's down as 3pm start so a couple of warmup bands I expect

• Registered Users Posts: 5 stumbles

How do you get the presale code? It says on the arcade fire website that you have to have bought the album before October 24th to avail of it.

Would someone please be kind enough to to tell me how to genuinely get the code.

It would be HUGELY appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

You answered the question in the first line of your post. You had to have bought the album before 24th Oct from their website.

So... did you buy the album before the 24th?

So... did you buy the album before the 24th?

Anyone who pre-ordered through the official website gets pre-sale codes sent in an email before every gig on the tour, including the European warm-up gigs that were last month.

These are one-time use codes for 2 tickets on the tour. Once you use your code, it is gone. However you are not obliged to use your code and if you don't, you can use it for any other gig on the tour, even those not announced yet.

In cases where the ticket vendor is the same for multiple gigs (eg ticketmaster in Uk & Ireland), you may have the same presale code each time. However it can only be used once.

After the warm-up gigs, they reset all the codes, so now for the full tour, even if you used them previously for a warm-up, you can re-use, but again once they are used that is it.

So in summary either:

A) You ordered an album before 24th October on ArcadeFire.com and got a code - You are free to use it for any gig including Marlay Park if pre-sale allocation is still available. However once used, that's the end of it.

B) You ordered an album before 24th October on ArcadeFire.com and DID NOT get a code- contact Topspin media immediately with your order reference to query why you didn't get the email with the code

C) You ordered an album AFTER 24th October on ArcadeFire.com, you ordered it on an alternative website, in a shop, or not at all - you ARE NOT entitled to a pre-sale code and can no longer obtain one. In this instance you can still get tickets, you must just wait for the general sale for each gig, which for Marlay Park is 9am tomorrow.

Keep in mind that for some of the US tour dates next year, there were multiple pre-sales, so for instance Amex Credit Card holders or members of the venue in question might have had a pre-sale, in addition to the fan pre-sale for ordering the album. So while this might not be in place for Marlay, perhaps if O2 gets announced later in the year or similar, there might be venue-specific pre-sales such as O2 Priority for O2 Customers.

So for this gig if you are part of B or C above, your best chance of tickets is 9am tomorrow in general sale. I hope that clears it up!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Does anyone know if this is over 18s only?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭breakfasttime

Tickets got in the pre-sale. Very excited now!

Advertisement