Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,802 ✭✭✭Toast

PFL wrote: »
    Can anyone help out with a presale link/password. I believe they're generic codes, not one time use codes as this was the case in the States.

The mailing list was sent the generic code REFLEKTOUR which didn't work for the Earls Court date and I'm pretty sure won't work for us. Everything I've seen said the only codes worth anything are the ones preorder people got and they are unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pixies are playing in Cork in the 30th. So I doubt a 2nd gig will happen. I presume that AF ate playing somewhere in the 28th/Sat night.

Otherwise surely they'd have picked the Sat fir the gig in Marley Park

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Wow, I am so getting up early to pick up tics for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 updapool01

Hope to get tickets for this on Friday morning. I was disappointed to learn about the pre-sale codes only going to people who had pre-ordered the album off their website, I had thought people subscribed to the mailing list would get codes similar to the way it was for the US shows. I seen them in the O2 a few years back and they were incredible so I've been dying to see them again since. I love Marlay Park as a venue as well I was there for Muse in 2008 and Kasabian in 2012. Think the usual capacity is approx 30,000 but it was reduced to 22,000 for Kasabian in 2012. Hopefully all goes well on Friday morning and we can look forward to a great night during the summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

dinneenp wrote: »
    Pixies are playing in Cork in the 30th. S

Where did you see/hear that and when are the tickets on sales?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

why is it on a Sunday that is just a load of balls

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Mocha Joe

Because they're headlining Glastonbury Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Be surprised if this sells out on the day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

maximoose wrote: »
    I think Arcade Fire/Pixies have a hell of a lot more pulling power than Greenday/Paramore...

I'd disagree, I'd say that Green Day/ Paramore would have a biggest fanbase here, much bigger

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I'd disagree, I'd say that Green Day/ Paramore would have a biggest fanbase here, much bigger

clint-eastwood-disgusted-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 gombean

Does anyone have anyone have an Arcade Fire presale code they have used for this mornings ticket sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Seems like the codes are of the unique variety. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

gombean wrote: »
    Does anyone have anyone have an Arcade Fire presale code they have used for this mornings ticket sale?

we need to know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭8-10

peteeeed wrote: »
    we need to know :)

They're unique. Just got 2 a few mins ago. Reckon they'll be available most of the day but yeah you need a unique code from pre-ordering album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Got 2 this morning myself, will save me some stress Friday morning

So glad I pre-ordered the album from the website now even though I never actually downloaded the bloody thing!

Codes are definitely unique btw, tried to get more using the same code and it wouldn't let me in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

I'm in - simplest AF ticket purchase ever.

Had debated holding onto my code for a smaller tour gig ... no doubt I'll rue this decision later.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 gombean

8-10 wrote: »
    They're unique. Just got 2 a few mins ago. Reckon they'll be available most of the day but yeah you need a unique code from pre-ordering album

Any channce I can as you for your code seeing as you have already used it?

Bit of a cheeky request, I know :)

Somebody help a brother out! I'm in college on Friday morning so I'll have to try and order tickets on my phone while in class. :/ Unless I can get a code today.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Somebody help a brother out! I'm in college on Friday morning so I'll have to try and order tickets on my phone while in class. :/ Unless I can get a code today.

I ordered on my phone this morning with no issues. Website is pretty good, I'd just advise signing into your account beforehand

Or skip class for 10mins!

8-10 wrote: »
    I ordered on my phone this morning with no issues. Website is pretty good, I'd just advise signing into your account beforehand

Or skip class for 10mins!

Ah I've done it before and it's grand if you can get a signal. Just easier doing it from the aul 'pewter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

One of ye post up your code 'til we have crack at it at least! :)
    It might go by IP address too you'd never know.

Yeah, it's not as if they'll take your tickets back! :)

Inkyhead wrote: »
    One of ye post up your code 'til we have crack at it at least! :)
    It might go by IP address too you'd never know.

We're sorry, there are no more tickets available for this promotion
    And from the original email:
    Ticket Limit:
    2 tickets per purchaser, per household. Once you’ve used your unique code to purchase two tickets, you will not be able to use it again for the duration of the entire tour.

What's your code 8-10? Like I said it could go by IP. I've read the above alright. What's the harm in posting it up?????

Like I said it could go by IP.

It doesn't. I bought it on my phone on the Luas. I'm now in work on my work network. Ticketmaster aren't idiots. The rule is clear, if you didn't pre-order or if you've already used your code then you don't get another 2 tickets.

If it could be used again then I'd be using it myself for one of the other shows on sale this morning, there's 5 European tour dates all on pre-sale today.

I really don't think there'll be an issue on Friday morning getting tickets. Get on before 9am, be signed in, and you'll be fine!

Cool, that clears that up I guess. I hope you're right!

Cool, that clears that up I guess. I hope you're right!

Otherwise take a trip to one of the other gigs!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

gettin into work for 7am on friday morning as i have a 'dentists appointment' at 9am!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

i would be surprised if this has sold out by this time next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

i notice on ticketmaster that the event time is 3oclock so we can expect another couple of bands to be added....

Advertisement