Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Fire - Marlay Park, June 2014!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,664 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Got my tickets online just now :D:D:D

Have been completely off the gig radar for the last while so looking forward to this big time.

Haven't been to Marlay Park before so might have a bunch of dumb questions in the coming weeks and months :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Introbaby

Great venue to see them in. Went to see Noel Gallagher there last year and Van in 2012 both great gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Inkyhead

Introbaby wrote: »
    Great venue to see them in.

Agreed. Was there for Daft Punk in '06 and it's a fcukin cool spot for a gig!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 dilus

Hi, might be a stupid question, but is this a seated gig! Presumed it wouldn't be, but then when bought my ticket it gave me a row and seat number??!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

dilus wrote: »
    Hi, might be a stupid question, but is this a seated gig! Presumed it wouldn't be, but then when bought my ticket it gave me a row and seat number??!

Fully outdoor, all standing gig.

The numbers on your ticket are Ticketmaster reference numbers to monitor volume of tickets sold. Standard Practice with all outdoor gigs, and O2 standing area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 dilus

Ah Thanks,

yeah, i presumed so, just got a bit worried when I saw the seat number!! Just got tickets tonight, so there are still some left!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

dilus wrote: »

No it's not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

Inkyhead wrote: »

would you say it will be in the same place it was ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Introbaby wrote: »
    Great venue to see them in. Went to see Noel Gallagher there last year and Van in 2012 both great gigs.
    Inkyhead wrote: »

i was there for metallica, absolutely amazing place for a gig like this... i really want to go but won't know if i can until closer to the date...

What's the best hotel option?

Stay somewhere near the gig or stay in town and head over on the day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭christy_weezer

Cartman78 wrote: »
    What's the best hotel option?

Stay somewhere near the gig or stay in town and head over on the day?

I just stay in the town and get a bus out and back, there are usually dedicated buses, dublin bus or something, bringing people to and fro'...Never actually stayed anywhere near Marlay park so can't comment on how good the accommodation is around the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

from previous gigs, mainly festivals though, getting bus afterwards can be hell. Hell being in a queue for the buses for ages, waiting 1 hour for the bus to move etc.
    I booked the IMI as it's nearby, reasonable price and you can cancel up until a day/week before without any fee I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭sporina

does anyone know what the ticket sales are like for this gig? how would one find out?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Just found i got a ticket for this for my birthday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

Yea the pit pass will allow you to enter/exit the pit whenever you want

This talk of a "pit" - are you talking about a cordoned off area and you have to pay extra to get in?

At Prince in Malahide I thought it was a real rip off, you were forced to stand miles away from the stage unless you paid the extra

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

If the weather is good this is goin to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Chelon wrote: »
    This talk of a "pit" - are you talking about a cordoned off area and you have to pay extra to get in?

At Prince in Malahide I thought it was a real rip off, you were forced to stand miles away from the stage unless you paid the extra
    Thats a golden circle.. a 'premium money grabbing' version if you will..

A pit, is first come first served get wristbands and are allowed into that area..

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aha_sender

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Thats a golden circle.. a 'premium money grabbing' version if you will..

A pit, is first come first served get wristbands and are allowed into that area..

Also is easier for health and less of a crush. Any confirmtion on the pit, memories of Phoenix park no pit which sucked

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

any time Ive been to Marlay Park for a gig, there has been a pit. Whats the latest anyone's ever arrived and got pit passes?

aha_sender wrote: »
    Also is easier for health and less of a crush. Any confirmtion on the pit, memories of Phoenix park no pit which sucked

Marlay park.will def have a pit, wasnt the crowd.in.phoenix.for there to jutsfiy it i think.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    any time Ive been to Marlay Park for a gig, there has been a pit. Whats the latest anyone's ever arrived and got pit passes?

about an hour and half to an hour before gates and youll be fine, especially if doesnt sell out.

Maybe even as they open depending on crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

bennyl10 wrote: »
    about an hour and half to an hour before gates and youll be fine, especially if doesnt sell out.

Maybe even as they open depending on crowd

haha really? I've always gone up stupidly stupidly early. wouldnt want to risk it.

D.Q wrote: »
    haha really? I've always gone up stupidly stupidly early. wouldnt want to risk it.

Ive always gonw stuoidly early(and will.continue to.go stupidly early haha) but from.oeople.who.seem to.always turn up around then.and get pit passes its the advicr i give peoole who.ask..

While i continue to always turn-up early .. but maybe i just like queing :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I've been listening to Surfa Rosa up loud (the only way to listen to that album) recently.
    I almost keep forgetting that Arcade Fire will be playing on the day too...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,351 ✭✭✭✭8-10

dinneenp wrote: »
    I've been listening to Surfa Rosa up loud (the only way to listen to that album) recently.

First time I saw both bands was on the same day in 2005 at a mini-festival. This will be a lot of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

dinneenp wrote: »

Ha, I got a record player for my birthday last weekend and Dolittle was the first LP that went on!

Nothing like Debaser to test the sound quality!

A very passive Pixies fan here but looking forward to seeing them live on the day.

What kind of set do they play these days? Have their best of album somewhere in my archives but wouldn't be familiar with anything outside of that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Cartman78 wrote: »
    A very passive Pixies fan here but looking forward to seeing them live on the day.

What kind of set do they play these days? Have their best of album somewhere in my archives but wouldn't be familiar with anything outside of that
    In Heaven (Lady in the Radiator Song)
    Andro Queen
    Wave of Mutilation
    (UK Surf)
    Cactus
    Ed Is Dead
    Indie Cindy
    Motorway to Roswell
    Here Comes Your Man
    The Holiday Song
    Vamos
    Where Is My Mind?
    Havalina
    River Euphrates
    Subbacultcha
    Distance Equals Rate Times Time
    Dead
    Ana
    Bagboy
    Brick Is Red
    What Goes Boom
    I've Been Tired
    Blue Eyed Hexe
    Tame
    Head On
    (The Jesus and Mary Chain cover)
    Debaser
    Hey
    Greens and Blues
    Monkey Gone to Heaven
    Gouge Away
    Caribou

Encore:
    Wave of Mutilation
    Planet of Sound

Apparently their setlist last November but I don't remember them playing the big 'Doolittle' songs at all, and there were tons of people on the way out complaining about 'Gouge Away' not being played. I wish they'd played 'Rock Music', it would've fitted in perfectly.

They ploughed through it and sounded really invigorated, like a new act with something to prove (although their new stuff still isn't a patch on the oldies).
    Nothing like Debaser to test the sound quality!

If you've never heard them before you really need to track down the MFSL remasters of the Pixies albums but especially 'Doolittle'. Holy motherfupping god. The amount of detail that was compressed and lost for the original release is incredible. Needs to be heard by every Pixies fan, it's fantastic (the rest are great too, but it's like hearing 'Doolittle' for the first time again).

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Chelon

"In Heaven" just seems apt for the Pixies somehow - is that their standard opener for all their shows?

"Head on" is a phenomenal track, haven't heard the Pixies version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

"In Heaven" just seems apt for the Pixies somehow - is that their standard opener for all their shows?
    They usually started out with 'Into the White' which has Kim on lead vox, so that had to go.
    "Head on" is a phenomenal track, haven't heard the Pixies version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5TZ7z7tJs

Started watching footage from their gig last year and started having flashbacks of them playing all the songs I thought they hadn't. Must abstain from drink for at least one of the gigs this year. :rolleyes:

Advertisement