Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nelson Mandela has passed

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

A wonderful tribute, this discussion :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

it doesn't seem as if you do, when you make comments like this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87876517&postcount=353
    All completely true. You are in denial or just deluded.
    You were also unaware that Nelson praised Adams and the IRA on the steps of government buildings, much to the embarrassment of Albert Reynolds at the time.
    I watched him at the time. So what does that prove ? only what YOU want it to prove.
    I understand why there was the connection, you seemingly want to play it down or misrepresent it because you admire Nelson, but you can't abide the fact he had a close connection to the likes of Gerry Adams. You can bluster also you like, but this is the crux of the matter.
    I have no issue with him have such a connection and find it perfectly understandable. It is you who doesn't seem to get it.
    It seems you are incapable of acknowledging Mandela's faults. You become emotionally involved if anyone challenges your Canonization of Nelson. He was a man, a great man, but a man nonetheless with failings.
    My motivation for pointing out his failings is not because I feel inferior( I happily accept he's a better human than i am , so is Bob Geldof, Adi Roche and countess others, and in so doing makes me somehow feel better about myself, or because I have some political agenda. Leave the psychological analysis to the experts, piliger.
    I have never ever claimed anything different. It is you who are emotionally blind to the truth. You don't appear able to grasp the meaning of the issues you enjoy lecturing others about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Personally I have absolutely no issue with acknowledging the less savoury aspects to Nelson Mandela, but only from a balanced source; and certainly not when it's presented in such a way as to suggest that maybe there were things about apartheid which weren't so bad.

Apartheid was a sick system that needed to end; the way things can be in South Africa now (appalling) does not make it justifiable to lament the ending of apartheid.

So, because it makes you feel bad, you want to silence South African Blacks themselves from expressing their opinions about it? You think you know better then they who have to live it? Like the man in the video I posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Amazingfun wrote: »
    So, because it makes you feel bad, you want to silence South African Blacks themselves from expressing their opinions about it? You think you know better then they who have to live it? Like the man in the video I posted?

Selective quoting to create a false impression.

opr wrote: »
    I've no idea what the white's needing protecting is about?

Oh, I don't know, maybe this?
    White Extermination In South Africa
    A YEAR FROM HELL:

From 1 May 2012 - 30 April 2013

365 Days, 304 Attacks, 463 Victims, 169 Murdered, 21 Raped. Don't believe me? Follow link below:

Detailed List of Attacks with links to newspaper articles

http://www.thetruthaboutsouthafrica.com/p/white-genocide-in-south-africa.html

• Advertisement

Nelson Mandela, the former South African leader who died earlier this month, was trained in weaponry and sabotage by Mossad operatives in 1962, a few months before he was arrested in South Africa. During his training, Mandela expressed interest in the methods of the Haganah pre-state underground and was viewed by the Mossad as leaning toward communism.

These revelations are from a document in the Israel State Archives labeled “Top Secret.” The existence of the document is revealed here for the first time.

It also emerges that the Mossad operatives attempted to encourage Zionist sympathies in Mandela.

Mandela, the father of the new South Africa and a Nobel Peace Prize laureate, led the struggle against apartheid in his country from the 1950s. He was arrested, tried and released a number of times before going underground in the early 1960s. In January 1962, he secretly and illegally fled South Africa and visited various African countries, including Ethiopia, Algeria, Egypt and Ghana. His goal was to meet with the leaders of African countries and garner financial and military support for the armed wing of the underground African National Congress.

More here: http://www.haaretz.com/news/features/.premium-1.564412

Hysterical nonsense which has been debunked already in this thread. Whites are in fact less likely to be attacked.
    http://www.africacheck.org/reports/are-white-afrikaners-really-being-killed-like-flies/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Very interesting. Especially considering the military links between South Africa and Israel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Very interesting. Especially considering the military links between South Africa and Israel.

So what ? The resistance in France and other countries occupied by the Nazis were given extensive weapons and explosives training. Good on him ! I am proud of him that he was prepared to fight to free his people. It only makes him more of a hero.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

So, because it makes you feel bad, you want to silence South African Blacks themselves from expressing their opinions about it?
    Why would I feel bad about apartheid? I have nothing to do with it. If some south African blacks say certain things about it were good, it still doesn't justify a system of strict segregation and brutalisation, and it doesn't mean I think things are great today either (much of it the fall-out from apartheid). I still don't think apartheid should have been in place. (Where on earth did you get the notion I want to "silence" anyone? :confused:)

Some elderly people in the former Soviet union say they miss aspects of communist totalitarianism; that isn't a good reason for that system to continue though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Jesus !, thought he was dead :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Awakened

Awakened wrote: »

*yawn.

Is there some point you're making there....?

Nodin wrote: »
    *yawn.

Is there some point you're making there....?

Yep....Mandela was a stooge....placed in the position he was ordained to take, preordained by a master plan for South Africa.

You ask......I give my opinion.

Yep....Mandela was a stooge....placed in the position he was ordained to take, preordained by a master plan for South Africa.

You ask......I give my opinion.

Ok. Not where I thought you were going.

Whose stooge was he and what was the masterplan, might I ask?

You have the advantage Nodin.....as all my posts are under moderation at the moment........make the most of it whilst you can!

Ok. Not where I thought you were going.

Whose stooge was he and what was the masterplan, might I ask?

I posted that he was trained by mossad agents...the person he was standing next to whilst singing about killing white people was.....

I posted that he was trained by mossad agents...the person he was standing next to whilst singing about killing white people was.....

....a communist, presumably. As the soviet union has collapsed and SA is a capitalist state I think the masterplan failed....

• Advertisement

The masterplan is still in place......people are still pulling the strings

The person he is standing next to is Ronnie kasrils, a proment jew within the anc.

....what people? There's only one communist state left, and somehow I doubt North Korea is pulling any strings, if they have string in the first place.

The person he is standing next to is Ronnie kasrils, a proment jew within the anc.

Ahhh, so it's the Jews.

Do you not feel embarrassed by posting anti-semtic bollocks that would not be out of place in the 15th century?

When you think of Communism...what comes into mind?

The Soviet Union?

Karl Marx?

The Soviet Union?

Karl Marx?

Generally, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Greater Zionist plans go all the way to south Africa?

Ahhh, so it's the Jews.

Do you not feel embarrassed by posting anti-semtic bollocks that would not be out of place in the 15th century?

So facts should be erased out of history just because they don't fit into the public manipulated place that the populace are conditioned to believe they
    belong in!

Where does posting facts determine me as "anti-sematic"?

The Soviet Union?

Karl Marx?

"According to the data furnished by the Soviet press, out of 556 important functionaries of the Bolshevik State there were in 1918-1919: 17 Russians, 2 Ukrainians, 11 Armenians, 35 Lets, 15 Germans, 1 Hungarian, 10 Georgians, 2 Poles, 2 Finns, 1 Karaim, 457 Jews.

So facts should be erased out of history just because they don't fit into the public manipulated place that the populace are conditioned to believe they
    belong in!

Where does posting facts determine me as "anti-sematic"?

The only fact thus far you've produced is that Nelson Mandela sung a song beside a Jewish individual.

Why do you mention the USSR and Karl Marx?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

....what people? There's only one communist state left, and somehow I doubt North Korea is pulling any strings, if they have string in the first place.

To be fair, China is still communist, as are Laos, Vietnam and Cuba. North Korea is considered less communist than any of those.

Not to say that any of those are pulling the imaginary strings either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement