Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,135 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

saying and believing aren't always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Lets not forget Brock got a title shot after a ufc record of 1-1...I still think Conor needs 2-3 ore wins but nothing is impossible!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 495 ✭✭bootybouncer

He doesnt deserve a title shot..................perhaps on a game console, I hope Cole humbles him, jumped up little whacker

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭test2014

He doesnt deserve a title shot..................perhaps on a game console, I hope Cole humbles him, jumped up little whacker

Cant believe you got an infraction for that.

Are we not allowed not like his attitude here?

Dont feel as strong about it but i think him losing will be inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

test2014 wrote: »

Sure ya can like his attitude but i think the term 'jumped up little whacker' cost him a red card, that's fighter bashing, against the charter.

With the rise of Conor this place has gone a bit nuts over the past 12months or so and the mods jump on most things, keeps it a good place to come to and ensures it doesn't end up like sherdog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

test2014 wrote: »

What Scud said.

By the way, don't discuss mod action on thread. It only derails the conversation. If you have a question, pm myself or Pablo and we'll be more than happy to clarify things for you.
    In the meantime, have a read of the charter to get a feel for the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,431 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I've deleted the last two posts and bootybouncer has been banned for trolling.
    Let's get back to the discussion folks, and try not get dragged into a war with trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Great ****King taste :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

The cheesy part at the end is brilliant!

Also, I kinda like how he's now recognizable enough that tey didn't need to mention his name, his sport, "UFC".... none of that. Just him!

Took me 2 watches to realize each tayto crisp crunch hid a word :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

I dont remember King ever having any kind of advertising campaign, they are nicer than Tayto

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

sheehy83 wrote: »

HA. I thought the only crunch hiding an eff word was when Mcgregor said it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

sheehy83 wrote: »

Haha thanks for pointing this out. I didn't realise it until you posted this!! I thought it was just the ****ing at the end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I just hope he is still able to make weight after all those crisps, he's obviously not taking this seriously :mad:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

That is one sh1t advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

I just hope he is still able to make weight after all those crisps, he's obviously not taking this seriously :mad:

:pac:

It says a lot that I almost wrote a reply out about your comment before reading it in full. The haters will be here soon enough, I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wonder how much he got paid for that King advert.

califano wrote: »

I think we should all throw King crisps at Cole during his walk out!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,518 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

califano wrote: »
    Over a career spanning a decade, Miller has fought 43 MMA battles. Since attaining his UFC contract, he has had 29 fights and won 21.
    I glanced at this and thought "hmm, didn't know he had 43 fights". Then the 29 fights in the UFC kinda threw me. His overall record is 21-8. Reporter must have added 21+8 and pulled the 43 figure out of his ass, unless it's including amateur bouts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

I glanced at this and thought "hmm, didn't know he had 43 fights". Then the 29 fights in the UFC kinda threw me. His overall record is 21-8. Reporter must have added 21+8 and pulled the 43 figure out of his ass, unless it's including amateur bouts.

He also said the trash talk was uncharacteristic of Miller. Awful article

Jesus thats a terrible article. Even basic stuff that is wrong, even if you never heard of the UFC you shouldn't get that wrong.
    That's the problem with increase exposure for UFC Dublin, none of the papers have staff MMA writers, so it'll be handed out to office newbies to cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It realy seems like the Irish media do their best to come across as ignorant towards MMA. Five years ago UFC was here, Cage Warriors has big shows regularly and McGregor exploded onto the scene over a year ago and appeared on all major media after. Still the media want to scrunch up their noses and talk about this "cage fighting" and "cage fighters".

If they don't have a boxing correspondant to write the article then they should go to the bother of bringing in someone from SevereMMA or one of those sites to write the article.

In fairness, this is the Sunday World. If any paper of all the ones in the country was going to go for the Cage Fighting angle, it would be the Sunday World.

Also note, this is the same paper who just a few days ago ran a story about a ghost being caught on CCTV!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Would be a great test for Conor, would really shows where he stands with a title shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

It's a fight I would like to see but I don't think it will happen one way or another. If Poirier has any actual desire for a title shot, he should be looking for higher ranked opponents. Especially considering his last 2 fights were against an unranked corrisani and very off-form Brandao.

Even a convincing defeat of Cole Miller won't put Conor a McGregor into the top 10 and considering he is ranked 6th, Poitier can't afford to be looking outside of the top ten.

Having said all that we are talking about the UFC and Conor McGregor so absolutely anything can happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Provided Conor gets past Cole Miller, which im pretty sure he will in devastating fashion.

This is the kind of fight I think would be great for him. Stylistically its entertaining , fast and technical. A win against Dustin would put him right up there in the title mix.

Actually its a fight I have wanted to see since Conor signed with UFC.

I love this fight! It's exactly the fight Conor should be having and he definitely puts himself in the picture if he beats Poirier!

• Advertisement

John_D80 wrote: »
    Even a convincing defeat of Cole Miller won't put Conor a McGregor into the top 10 and considering he is ranked 6th, Poitier can't afford to be looking outside of the top ten.
    The bolded part is definitely not correct.
    Conor is currently 13th in the rankings. Standing in his way of the top ten are Bermudez, Elkins and Jeremy Stephens. IIt not unrealistic to think that a solid win over Miller won't see him enter the top 10.
    Especially when you consider that Elkins last lost to Stephens. And that the other two have tough matches against Cub Swanson and Guida next. They both lose and Conor should move into 8-10th

Worst case scenerio, they both wins as underdogs. But even then, Siver has just been banned for 9 months. So Conor could still scrape the 10th place.

Porrier is at 6th vrs an 8-10th ranked McGregor makes all sorts of sense.

I'd be pretty happy to put money on Conor being in the top 10 is he wins.
    Provided Conor gets past Cole Miller, which im pretty sure he will in devastating fashion.
    That attitude cost a lot of people a lot of money the last fight. Just saying.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement