Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,189 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

test2014 wrote: »
    As Aldo said before "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face".

donttouchthat+rolled+a+random+image+posted+in+comment+2+at+_47b8c90a261a306fd0a000829a99a47f.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Dietsquirt

That_Guy wrote: »

The 2 lads in the studio's knowledge on MMA is embarrassing, particularly the 2nd chap.

'Cole is a jobber', i love that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I felt they were a question or 2 away from asking for a clever recipe and a funny story about his childhood. Truly awful interview.

Parkinson saying "but McGregor has never lost in UFC, you have many times" or soemthing to that effect was just plain cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

By the sounds of it I don't even want to listen to it as it will just upset me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/wsof-champ-karakhanyan-wants-to-get-paid-and-says-conor-mcgregor-sucks/

Say what you want about McGregor, but the fact that the WSOF FW champion is hinting at a move to the UFC, but name drops Conor rather than Jose Aldo tells us a lot about how well the PR machine is going.

Conor's gonna be on the Late Late this Friday... If you can hack it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

No thanks sir

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

I'll watch with interest...I've been waiting for his next 'proper' public appearance since the embarassment of the Ariel interview. Hopefully, we get a good interview, think he needs it to get a lot of the people who are sitting on the fence, onto his side. Good chance for him to do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

BeepBeep! wrote: »
    I'll watch with interest...I've been waiting for his next 'proper' public appearance since the embarassment of the Ariel interview. Hopefully, we get a good interview, think he needs it to get a lot of the people who are sitting on the fence, onto his side. Good chance for him to do this!

No chance of a good interview, as Tubridy is an inept interviewer, who knows nothing about sports, and is very patronising towards athletes. Expect questions along the lines of : "What does representing Ireland in MMA mean to you?"

Hopefully Conor gets annoyed with Tubs, and clatters him :D

Has he been interviewed by the Second Captains yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭jodaw

I can imagine it now.

"I know nothing else but this. Expert in human movement... hit air and hit the floor"

I really hope he can do something a little refreshing in the interview because what is this the second late late interview? So if he becomes champ he would be on the late late 3 times in a few years?

I hope to be proven wrong but i fully expect a cringeworthy interview. Although i also expect he will tone it way down for this one.

I reckon it'll be a boring interview mainly down to Tubridy being useless as per usual. "So Conor. Tell us again why you got into cage fighting"...

Conor will be more relaxed. He's sold the fight/event. It'll be sold out by the time he's on air and that'll be that really.

I imagine there'll be stuff about his 'King' crisps advert and Tubs will try tempt him into having a bag of Tayto or some shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

I reckon it'll be a boring interview mainly down to Tubridy being useless as per usual. "So Conor. Tell us again why you got into cage fighting"...

Conor will be more relaxed. He's sold the fight/event. It'll be sold out by the time he's on air and that'll be that really.

I imagine there'll be stuff about his 'King' crisps advert and Tubs will try tempt him into having a bag of Tayto or some shíte.

Oh god, we will definitely see that. If there was a bookie giving odds on that happening, I would put the house on it. CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE

• Registered Users Posts: 11,920 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was in the audience for his last appearance wit The Wench, Mr Stuffins and El Guapo, was great and all but had to sit through 2hrs of ****e waiting for Conor.

Got a nice hotel break out of it though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was in the audience for his last appearance wit The Wench, Mr Stuffins and El Guapo, was great and all but had to sit through 2hrs of ****e waiting for Conor.

Got a nice hotel break out of it though ;)

The best part of that night was when they said up next was an ex-prostitute, and someone shouted "Is there one for everyone in the audience?"
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Wouldn't be great if RTE got behind Conor and shown the event live on RTE, they have had him on the Late late twice already I think will this be his 3rd?They shown his documentary.Rte do clearly have a big interest in him.

dave1982 wrote: »
    Wouldn't be great if RTE got behind Conor and shown the event live on RTE, they have had him on twice already I think will this be his 3rd?They shown his documentary.Rte do clearly have a big interest in him.
    They'd could if they paid for the rights.

This is brilliant. Conor is appearing on TTTHS quite a bit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB0FApUrjOs

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Mellor wrote: »
    They'd could if they paid for the rights.

I reaaaaaally reckon one of the national broadcasters might pick it up. They'd be mad not to, to be honest. Easy enough to garner interest and promo it to the hilt. People will tune in out of curiosity if nothing else. Could be a watershed moment in popularity and awareness in the sport in this country.
    It'd be an easy sell for ad space and it could be done similar to how Ch5 acquired the rights to UFC London a few months back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,783 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Richy06 wrote: »
    I reaaaaaally reckon one of the national broadcasters might pick it up. They'd be mad not to, to be honest. Easy enough to garner interest and promo it to the hilt. People will tune in out of curiosity if nothing else. Could be a watershed moment in popularity and awareness in the sport in this country.
    It'd be an easy sell for ad space and it could be done similar to how Ch5 acquired the rights to UFC London a few months back.

I dunno.... RTE are kinda slow and stupid that way

• Advertisement

RTE aren't the only national broadcaster....

They'll get Jimmy Magee to commentate won't they?

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Conor will be on that gobshyte Nickie Westlife show on 2fm today. Show starts in 5 mins but lasts 3 hours so who knows what time he'll be on.

Edit, he will be on in a few minutes

RTE aren't the only national broadcaster....

You're right. I'm going to be listening to ufc as gaeilge :)

TG4? They're part of RTE. Between RTE & TV3, it'll be one of the two's portfolio of channels and if not, then they've just thrown away some good money. Who knows, if it rates and does well, then that particular channel might be open to further featuring MMA and growing the sports respectability and legitimacy in the eyes of the general public and push us past the naysayers who don't comprehend yet criticise the sport and it's participants. I'm sure the likes of Neil Seery'd be featured too, as well as the headliners. Never a bad thing to shine a light and I think it'd actually be kinda cool for one of the aforementioned to even acquire it as it'd mean their minds have been changed.

TG4? They're part of RTE. Between RTE & TV3, it'll be one of the two's portfolio of channels and if not, then they've just thrown away some good money. Who knows, if it rates and does well, then that particular channel might be open to further featuring MMA and growing the sports respectability and legitimacy in the eyes of the general public and push us past the naysayers who don't comprehend yet criticise the sport and it's participants. I'm sure the likes of Neil Seery'd be featured too, as well as the headliners. Never a bad thing to shine a light and I think it'd actually be kinda cool for one of the aforementioned to even acquire it as it'd mean their minds have been changed.

I hope your right but I still think they're not gonna show big bad cage fighting on Irish TV

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I hope your right but I still think they're not gonna show big bad cage fighting on Irish TV

"It was disgraceful Joe. I didn't even watch it Joe but barbaric men hitting each other off cages Joe. An outrage Joe"

"It was disgraceful Joe. I didn't even watch it Joe but barbaric men hitting each other off cages Joe. An outrage Joe"

It's terrible. They don't even have any rules. I walked into the room and my poor child was watching it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,261 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Surely the point is that Setanta have already bought the rights via BT and will have exclusivity on them?

• Advertisement

Nope. The rights are up for bidding for local markets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement