Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor Thread (READ MOD WARNING IN OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Conor was retweeting stuff from that page. The profile pic was of Conor with a crudely drawn penis close to his mouth

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭reganreggie

I seen conor eating a 99 ice cream today. Conor is obviously not taking his training seriously enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I seen conor eating a 99 ice cream today. Conor is obviously not taking his training seriously enough.

Did it have a flake??????? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dave1982 wrote: »

Shur it wouldn't be a 99 without one :)

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Shur it wouldn't be a 99 without one :)

Thats shocking carry on :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Conor and Kenny Egan got into twitter arguement recently.

Those tweets are from April 2013, hardly recent

Those tweets are from April 2013, hardly recent

oops :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Cheat day though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Do you even ice cream bro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ray Mond

There are some serious idiots out there. A lot on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

If Conor is going to throw insults around he should be able to take them and not go reporting people and telling them **** off when they messing with.

I like Conor but he has the same problem as Rampage Jackson.

He loves to slag people and get attention, but once someone else starts slagging him he can't handle it.

This makes me think he's actually very brittle and it wouldn't take much to unsettle him. Most of his slagging matches are against American's who generally don't have the quick wit we have in Ireland, so he has gotten away with it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I like mcgregor and really wish him all the best with his career and hope he does really well. But he is doing himself no favours with his carry on. I understand he is selling himself and has a persona now which most definitely has worked for his profile but that cole miller interview was just a cringe fest. Granted he sounded like he had a fair few pints on board so hopefully he learns from that but if he carrys on with that style trash talk he won't get the reception he is expecting himself in dublin because already I'm hearing lads telling me they can't listen to him anymore.
    Also he got into a slanging match on twitter with ken Egan on twitter and brought Egan's alcoholism into it which was well, well below the belt.
    Trying to bring politics into it when talking about Norman parke, there's just no need for this carry on and it is turning more and more people against him.

Ray Mond wrote: »
    There are some serious idiots out there. A lot on this thread

Nice contribution. Can't wait for your next installment!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone know what day the MMa hour intrveiw was ? , I heard a couple of people seen him at the Shaft reunion after party in Slatteries (early house) on the bank holiday Monday morning , now i dont know if he was even drinking but it mite explain why some people said he sounded drunk if it was the same day ,

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭BeepBeep!

Yeah, the interview was on Bank Holiday Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I am certainly less of a McGregor fan than I was immediately after the Holloway fight. There's now a part of me that would be quite happy to see Miller knocking him out and that part has developed solely as a result of McGregor's 'trash' talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,628 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So sounds like he was still drunk by the time he did the interveiw explains why he sounded erratic,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

He sounded a bit jarred but I wouldnt have thought hed be drinking alcohol at all:confused:
    Still gwan the Connor. Anyone on for heading to the airport for Millars arrival to give a flavour of the battlefield Connor speaks of?. Whats the max you can do in the airport arrivals without getting arrested or moved on anyway?.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

califano wrote: »
    He sounded a bit jarred but I wouldnt have thought hed be drinking alcohol at all:confused:
    Still gwan the Connor. Anyone on for heading to the airport for Millars arrival to give a flavour of the battlefield Connor speaks of?. Whats the max you can do in the airport arrivals without getting arrested or moved on anyway?.

Ab jaysus that's a bit overboard no?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Gumbi wrote: »
    Ab jaysus that's a bit overboard no?

Said tongue in cheek. But maybe a poster campaign 'Welcome to the Battlefield' or something.

• Advertisement

We could go there and freak him out by all of us wearing this and just staring at him as he gets off the plane and walks through arrivals

BnUZDW5CAAAeiGX.png

MrStuffins wrote: »
    We could go there and freak him out by all of us wearing this and just staring at him as he gets off the plane and walks through arrivals

BnUZDW5CAAAeiGX.png

And what happens if chuck is also on that flight? I'd rather you than me to be there when that kicks off

1509320_761153593915476_4085655449355748533_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Looks like Phil didnt like Conor's comments calling Chad a "mini phil baroni" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 39,130 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Disparate attempt at staying relevant from Baroni

Mellor wrote: »
    Disparate attempt at staying relevant from Baroni

The first time his name was mentioned by a top 20 fighter in 3 years. No wonder he jumped on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Reading an interview yesterday with Connor where he believes he is getting a title shot after the Cole fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

billy2012 wrote: »
    Reading an interview yesterday with Connor where he believes he is getting a title shot after the Cole fight.

Yeah I saw that too. Hope the weather stays fine for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

John_D80 wrote: »
    Yeah I saw that too. Hope the weather stays fine for him.

Haha. That's so outrageous I know he doesn't believe that. He's talking the talk though and as long as he walks the walk he may well earn the shot down the road and maybe somewhat soon. I wonder will he get a Diaz-esque wrestler-less road to the title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Don't be ruling Conor out of any title shot, if a challenger gets injured and Conor is ready he'll ask to fight and probably get it, it's a no lose situation for him

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement