Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Two screenshots of the weird blur/judder on PS4, but I'm actually getting used to it at this stage:

8pSDY4.jpg
    5Wa3xv.jpg

Look at the nVidia sign on the first screenshot and the kart on the right hand side of the second. I've also noticed a few other strange graphical things. Racing around Brands Hatch in the RUF in cockpit camera, it's almost like there are contour lines everywhere. It's really strange and much more annoying than the judder.

Also, is there a bug with pit stop setups? I seem to be unable to take fuel out of the car in most events, and end up carrying way more than I need (except in the Kart sprint races oddly enough). I tried to edit my pit stop strategy ahead of one race and it had created a weird one for me (the name was full of stars), that I had absolutely nothing to do with and never created:

4NnwHL.jpg

One more thing, there seems to be a HUGE variation of lap-times from start to end of a qualifying session. I could be P1 after 5 mins of a 15 minute session with nearly everyone having logged a lap, but if I skip to the end of the session, I'll end up last by a big distance.

I'm not sure if it's AI drivers learning the track, fuel burning off, tyre temps, track evolution or a bug.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

v3ttel wrote: »
    Two screenshots of the weird blur/judder on PS4, but I'm actually getting used to it at this stage:

8pSDY4.jpg
    5Wa3xv.jpg

Look at the nVidia sign on the first screenshot and the kart on the right hand side of the second. I've also noticed a few other strange graphical things. Racing around Brands Hatch in the RUF in cockpit camera, it's almost like there are contour lines everywhere. It's really strange and much more annoying than the judder.

Also, is there a bug with pit stop setups? I seem to be unable to take fuel out of the car in most events, and end up carrying way more than I need (except in the Kart sprint races oddly enough). I tried to edit my pit stop strategy ahead of one race and it had created a weird one for me (the name was full of stars), that I had absolutely nothing to do with and never created:

4NnwHL.jpg

One more thing, there seems to be a HUGE variation of lap-times from start to end of a qualifying session. I could be P1 after 5 mins of a 15 minute session with nearly everyone having logged a lap, but if I skip to the end of the session, I'll end up last by a big distance.

I'm not sure if it's AI drivers learning the track, fuel burning off, tyre temps, track evolution or a bug.
    That's a fairly big list of fairly comprehensive problems if you ask me.
    I hadn't actually seen any of that blurring before because I haven't played the game properly yet, it looks terrible.
    This game looks like it's riddled on the PS4, the amount of bugs being reported on their forums is unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Noticed those contour lines myself on the PC version while karting. Any building beside a track has them.

Has anybody tried the Pagani Huarya event at Monza in the second season of career mode (in the zero to hero path). On lap one of the race, on the back straight before Parabolica it says "mechanical fault - engine blown". Is this scripted? Restarted and it happened again at the same point. The second time around I was making sure to short shift before red but it still happened.

I can't wait to jump online with a load of the lads posting away here. Even doing some practice laps together would help us all dial in our tuning settings and what not on the fly.

Count me in for that even though I can pretty much guarantee I'll be last by a country mile.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    Count me in for that even though I can pretty much guarantee I'll be last by a country mile.

I don't know about that, you'll probably have a couple of weeks practice over me by the time I get to play this game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Thought it best to list the most well known bugs the game currently has, taken from the review i linked earlier.

.Skipping sessions in career mode can sometimes lead the AI to set impossibly quick laptimes.

.Some cars clip under the surface of the track at bumpy circuits and cause weird invisible wall effects (noticed this at - Spa at the end of the long straight before Les Combes especially)

.Corner cutting is basically unpunished in career mode and corner extending online is never penalised.

.Taking pit stops can sometimes lead to 5 second slow down penalties at the end of pit lane due to the game thinking you cut the track

.Ability to jump start by up to half a second before the lights go green without penalty

.Sometimes when starting races your car continues to roll without input from you causing unintended jump starts (namely an issue on downhill main straights)

.Multiplayer lobbies disappearing and reappearing without notice in the listing
    Spectator mode not handling laggy cars effectively at all online

.The race engineer (voiced by former Stig Ben Collins) often says weird irrelevant things to you while driving and can sometimes be silent at moments when you need information (no game ever seems to get this right)

.Game crashes with an “unhandled exception error” occcurring at random moments. Seems to occur mostly on the Zolder track online.

.Infinite load times eventually leading to game crashes randomly
    Performance issues on PCs and consoles. AMD CPU and GPU owners beware!

To add to that ive myself found open wheelers display a reflection of rear braking lights under breaking yet they dont have break lights :rolleyes: seriously wtf apparently this was pointed out over 2 years ago and still not fixed.

Also if you start in a wet race with everyone on wet tyres and rain stops and tracks dries off, ai can still post identical times with wet tyres on a dry track and suffer no tyre wear, likewise they start on dry tyres it rains they stay out and still do dry tyre times, lol.

Makes you wonder how this got out with 80,000 testers/backers and 4 years of development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Another issue I've found is when upshifting or downshifting, it sometimes skips a gear. This means that you are in a gear to high going slowly or you over rev the engine when downshifting and it blows.

Turning off mechanical failures is a temporary solution but I would still prefer it to be fixed.

2015_05_13_00007.jpg

2015_05_13_00008.jpg

2015_05_13_00013.jpg

2015_05_13_00020.jpg

2015_05_13_00021.jpg

2015_05_13_00027.jpg

2015_05_13_00015.jpg

2015_05_13_00023.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mmmmmmm I love beemers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 KevinMunster12

Just cant get used to the controls, the cars are very hard to handle. Playing on ps4. Changed to setting 2 in controller settings but I can still barely make a lap without spinning out. Gonna trade it in tomorrow and wait for forza 6!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

played a quick race last night as it was downloading fully on my xbox one. the other drivers seemed to have a personal vendetta against me , one rammed me off the track and continued to ram me until we hit a wall . i kinda like that when you hit another car you don't push through them . steering will take some getting used to but overall i liked it so far . i'll start the career tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I just spent the last two days mopping up trophies on the PS4 version. For " The Exorcist " trophy ,I used the DS4 controller ,played , Brands Hatch Indy ,Touring, Merc 180 Tc (I think...the 80s 0ne) and then chose the last position on the leader board that I could DL a ghost car for, that was 28th on the world ranking for the above settings...I was just messing to see how hard it was going to be. I got 19th on the board after about 5 laps... Sweet.

Some of the trophies are pi$$ easy when you know how . As usual I visit here for tips,

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/project-cars/

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Playing it the last few days on PS4 with a controller and doing career mode, I'm playing on normal but ive up the AI driving skill as on 50% it was too easy, put it to 100% and they of course make way less mistakes, makes the career mode much more difficult.

Before hand I was winning about 95% of the races all from pole, since the change its a challenege even getting a podium place.

I'm in my 2nd season of my career and on super karts now, until the tyres watm up theyre a bi*ch to control but on bigger, wider tracks once they warm up you can set insane times.

Wouldnt mind doing a few online races with the PS4 players at some stage, my skill set isnt great though and I'd be towards the back end of the pack I feel but sire feck it, its all about fun. :)

PS4 username is in my sig too.

Down the bottom of the car setup screen it says "create or edit your setup and trouble shoot issues by asking your engineer" but how do you ask him about something?

superg wrote: »
    Down the bottom of the car setup screen it says "create or edit your setup and trouble shoot issues by asking your engineer" but how do you ask him about something?

It was the same in the pre-builds I don't think that feature has been finished yet mate.

I decided to set everything up last to try out some of the workarounds and settings posted on the SMS forums.
    It went better than it did on day one but it still felt pretty terrible in places if I'm honest.
    On the button configuration screen it was telling me to use the left stick to turn the car, not a good sign when you have your wheel connected!
    I read online that they have the wheel issues on the PS4 fixed, and that they're just waiting to send it out.
    I reckon this game is gonna be great, I can't wait to play it properly, in saying that though, two days and nights of having the house to myself again have been wasted just looking at it!
    Back to Forza 4 for now...

jayo26 wrote: »
    It was the same in the pre-builds I don't think that feature has been finished yet mate.

Sound Ta. Haven't breeze about car setup apart from tyres and fuel levels so I'll just stay out of there:D

Slightly tweaked version of Jack Spades settings, soft lock added, file added to this link.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Dcully wrote: »
    Slightly tweaked version of Jack Spades settings, soft lock added, file added to this link.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

I don't seem to have those global settings mentioned in the PS4 section available to me, I definitely haven't seen a tyre force slider.

Have you raced online yet?

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    Sound Ta. Haven't breeze about car setup apart from tyres and fuel levels so I'll just stay out of there:D

Yes I'm pretty much the same I haven't played proper Sims in years so I'm just getting used to racing lines and the tracks for a few weeks going threw career mode then I'm gonna go back threw it all again messing about with setups on a higher diffilculty level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I really want to like this but a few things are really annoying me. Career mode seems to be racing against 19 of the exact same car each time. That was in the touring cars! Is there a way to fairly skip qualifying? I did about 3 laps, was coming 4th, so I thought that would be fine, simulate the rest yet ended up in 20th spot anyway. Also please tell me there's a quick race option in the online?I don't want to qualify for 10 minutes, ever.

Hey lads for does of you using a pad for racing games how do you like to steer? Im using a ds4 and i find it really percise using the left analouge stick i hold it forwards or upwards and roll it left or right depending how much i need but i see some people like just the d pad which i could never do or just flick the stick left or rigt which works best for rally games mostly, anyway probably pointless topic but just curious has anyone mastered any other techniques.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got this there today(finally) for ps4, add me if ye like . Rossi-IRL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Hey lads for does of you using a pad for racing games how do you like to steer? Im using a ds4 and i find it really percise using the left analouge stick i hold it forwards or upwards and roll it left or right depending how much i need but i see some people like just the d pad which i could never do or just flick the stick left or rigt which works best for rally games mostly, anyway probably pointless topic but just curious has anyone mastered any other techniques.

Yeah I tried that too as I loved the controls in Moto GP 2, 3, and '06 on xbox and 360 and tried it in this. Left thumb kept getting knackered though, I'm obviously pushing up too hard. Will persevere though! I'm finding the steering with the One controller grand, would love a wheel though.

Using a DS3 at the mo and I steer same way I do in other games, on curves I do numerous constant flicks of the left stick the the desired direction until the car is headed where I want and on full on turns just hold it fully left or right. Binning it for a wheel asap though.

I really want to like this but a few things are really annoying me. Career mode seems to be racing against 19 of the exact same car each time. That was in the touring cars! Is there a way to fairly skip qualifying? I did about 3 laps, was coming 4th, so I thought that would be fine, simulate the rest yet ended up in 20th spot anyway. Also please tell me there's a quick race option in the online?I don't want to qualify for 10 minutes, ever.

Actually the more I play it it's far too sensitive that way. Back to flicking left and right.

Apologies Jerichoholic, i quoted the wrong post.

Actually, the more I play it that way the controls are far too sensitive. Back to flicking left and right.

• Advertisement
Advertisement