Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

You can have first refusal on my Turbo-S if you'd like? It won't be for a while yet but I'm giving serious thought into buying a T300 or CSR Elite.
    If you already have a pc with Assetto Corsa and Project Cars then you'll really be sorted!

Its not really because of money that I don't have a wheel mate its more to do with fact I mostly only play at night time when the kid is gone to bed and I don't have room for a permanant setup, but I'm thinking of getting a fold away stand later down the line and getting a g27 or the likes but I have a wedding to get over with first ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

jayo26 wrote: »
    Its not really because of money that I don't have a wheel mate its more to do with fact I mostly only play at night time when the kid is gone to bed and I don't have room for a permanant setup, but I'm thinking of getting a fold away stand later down the line and getting a g27 or the likes but I have a wedding to get over with first ha.

Ha! I was offering you first refusal to buy it man! I'd be weary buying a used one myself, I know this one is working grand though.
    I've a little nook in the kitchen with a homemade rig in front of a tv. I used to have keep setting everything up and putting it away straight afterwards. It was a pain in the arse!
    The only problem now is my two little maggots are always trying to get at it.

Ha! I was offering you first refusal to buy it man! I'd be weary buying a used one myself, I know this one is working grand though.
    I've a little nook in the kitchen with a homemade rig in front of a tv. I used to have keep setting everything up and putting it away straight afterwards. It was a pain in the arse!
    The only problem now is my two little maggots are always trying to get at it.

Haha I know what you ment sorry wasn't explaining myself rite lol. If I was going for a wheel id get a new one mate if ya get me, but thanks for the offer buddy.

Yhh my little one is into everything like that so I have to put everything away too soo ill have to see.

God no to the referendum comment lol. Have it scheduled for end of July so it's close no all the funds going into that at the minute so afterwards ill do bit more investing in my setup.

Haha I know what you ment sorry wasn't explaining myself rite lol. If I was going for a wheel id get a new one mate if ya get me, but thanks for the offer buddy.

Yhh my little one is into everything like that so I have to put everything away too soo ill have to see.

God no to the referendum comment lol. Have it scheduled for end of July so it's close no all the funds going into that at the minute so afterwards ill do bit more investing in my setup.
    I did a ninja edit straight after I hit Post, how did you even spot that last bit?!
    I just hope this patch finally gets this game on track, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

I did a ninja edit straight after I hit Post, how did you even spot that last bit?!
    I just hope this patch finally gets this game on track, I'm looking forward to the challenge.

Haha you weren't quick enough mate,

Its a good challenge alright I love the career mode its the first racing game you are doing a season but could end up racing 4 or 5 different cars in different series and it dont feel like they are just thrown in to make up the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I played about 10 hours online over the course of the bank holiday week. The searching/setting a lobby up is broken. If you start a new lobby then you can wait forever, because it only shows 20 lobbies for each category. You've to pick an obscure category, wait for people to join and then change it to the category you want to race.

I see in the patch that they are changing it so it doesn't always show the 20 oldest lobbies. In most of them the host wouldn't be at the console and doesn't want to lose his spot, so you end up doing the same track with the car over and over.

I always seem to struggle in road cars or GT3, but with the Openwheelers or prototypes on tracks I know, I'm fairly competitive. I seem a bit better in the road cars now that I finally figured out that the degrees of rotation is set specifically for each car in the setup menu. There's a bit problem that if you go straight into an online race where you can't tweak your car setup, then you are stuck with the default degree of rotation which is off to how I like it. I nearly broke my arm trying to take the bus stop chicane in a GT3 car. They need an option to set it globally for each car.

It's hardly a surprise but most people online drive like absolute dicks. The amount of times I've been taken out, either on a decent qualifying lap or in a race is ridiculous, even with blue flags when lapping cars, they just try to take you out of it. The one time I accidentally crashed into someone at Monaco (sh*t happens), he went absolutely nuts shouting abuse for a good 15 mins. I learned a lesson there..... always start a party on the PS4 so you don't hear people's drivel. Lots of people with inane chatter and random noises too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I wouldnt touch public lobbies in any sim with a barge pole.

Hey v3ttel, there are loads of groups and leagues set up on the PC forums. Like Dcully said, don't go near public hoppers, Custom Public, or private lobbies are where it's at, you'll meet lots of like minded people in those.
    I'll be online racing asap after this damn patch gets launched. I've a good few people on my FL who play PC also so we'll be set.

Hey v3ttel, there are loads of groups and leagues set up on the PC forums. Like Dcully said, don't go near public hoppers, Custom Public, or private lobbies are where it's at, you'll meet lots of like minded people in those.
    I'll be online racing asap after this damn patch gets launched. I've a good few people on my FL who play PC also so we'll be set.

Thought you were on PS4? I might end up buying this on PC so.

v3ttel wrote: »

I think by pc he means project cras forums mate.

I've yet to go online on pc yet I was enjoying career mode too much but when it gets the patch sorted ill be doing so.

• Advertisement

Sorry, lazy typing.
    I do indeed hope to play PC on the PS4, not the pc.
    What?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Been reading through this thread and the general consensus is to stay away from this game on PS4? I really want a racing sim for PS4 and was going to buy this but is it worth waiting for F1 2015 in July?

Been reading through this thread and the general consensus is to stay away from this game on PS4? I really want a racing sim for PS4 and was going to buy this but is it worth waiting for F1 2015 in July?

If the new patch when it comes out fixes what its ment to fix id say the ps4 version should be good to go. You will have a better idea again july comes around as to if it has improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

If the new patch when it comes out fixes what its ment to fix id say the ps4 version should be good to go. You will have a better idea again july comes around as to if it has improved.

Thanks. Think I'll wait a little longer and then decide.

Thanks. Think I'll wait a little longer and then decide.

I'll probably still get the new f1 game I haven't played one since 2011 I think it was.

I'll be climbing all over this game the very second that patch drops for the PS4.
    I'll let you what I honestly think of it then no problem.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

If F1 2015 is anything like the last few years it will be utter trash.

Back to pcars, what issues does it have that the pc version doesnt?
    Granted the game is riddled with bugs but are they any worse on console?

Sorry, lazy typing.
    I do indeed hope to play PC on the PS4, not the pc.
    What?!

My bad. I read the first "PC" of your original post as Project Cars, but the second one as the platform. Yesterday was one of those days......

I'm definitely up for joining in some private lobbies when the patch drops anyways. When I wasn't getting taken out, I had a great laugh in the public lobbies. I basically just wanted jump online against plenty of randomers to find out if I was as bad as I thought.

Dcully wrote: »
    If F1 2015 is anything like the last few years it will be utter trash.

Back to pcars, what issues does it have that the pc version doesnt?
    Granted the game is riddled with bugs but are they any worse on console?

Havent played it on console but seemingly the blur is one of the main problems.

I was loving it until i started trying to play around with setups and they kept messing up on me so im taking a break from carrer mode now until patch fixes it, been messing about with setups and just saving them in practice no issues at all its only in career i get problems.

Invalidating the current and next lap is ridiculously annoying, especially when it takes a couple of laps to warm up tires and most people online only make the sessions 5 mins long. One small mistake at one of the last corners, or a hit from behind, and it's 3 minutes warming up tires wasted and the entire qualifying ruined and your forced to start at the back.

I have constant game crashes either during qualifying or going down the second straight at Oulton Park International. I've had my wheel go absolutely nuts and go into an infinite loop of rotating back and forth about 10 degrees and the screen going black.

• Advertisement

Invalidating the current and next lap is ridiculously annoying, especially when it takes a couple of laps to warm up tires and most people online only make the sessions 5 mins long. One small mistake at one of the last corners, or a hit from behind, and it's 3 minutes warming up tires wasted and the entire qualifying ruined and your forced to start at the back.

I have constant game crashes either during qualifying or going down the second straight at Oulton Park International. I've had my wheel go absolutely nuts and go into an infinite loop of rotating back and forth about 10 degrees and the screen going black.

That sounds like a complete nightmare man, I'm actually relieved I haven't seen much of the madness I've been reading about this game.
    I'd forgotten you were using a wheel tbh, you must have you a CSR or a Thrustmaster do you?

Just the "and next" thing is very annoying. If I make a mistake on one lap, why penalise the next lap? It's such a bad idea.

Even if I make a mistake on a lap, then it's likely I'm losing time, rather than gaining it as they don't penalise track extending. They should be able to check if you gained an advantage or not before penalising you.

Yep, I have a Thrustmaster. I couldn't possibly attempt to play any racing sim without a wheel now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah thats very annoying, any excursion off track is penalised and its very rarely if ever your actually going faster by going off track so your getting penalised twice.

Any news on when the new patch is due to be released guys?

Any news on when the new patch is due to be released guys?

I saw a post on GTPlanet that it's actually been pushed back further by a couple of weeks due to a new game-crashing bug.
    Not good news.

EDIT
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=964706&viewfull=1#post964706

I saw a post on GTPlanet that it's actually been pushed back further by a couple of weeks due to a new game-crashing bug.
    Not good news.

EDIT
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?29158-Project-CARS-All-Platforms-Upcoming-Patch-1-4-Release-notes&p=964706&viewfull=1#post964706

Typical haha,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

got back into playing this again after day one left a bad taste... Start a career in the open wheel racers "Formula Rookie" - love it now - made a few adjustment on the controller all the better, although the frame rate issue get me highly annoyed... into corners it stutters and then speeds up briefly.

might get an external HDD and install on that... some report less issues

Is there any boards.ie racing lobbies... will hop on tonight is so

If anyone is thinking of picking this up on steam its on a summer sale at 37.49

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

If anyone is thinking of picking this up on steam its on a summer sale at 37.49

Bit cheaper on cdkeys.com http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/project-cars-pc-cd-key-steam

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »

Fek me i never been on that site before, that's a lot cheaper. What do they give u is it literaly like the cd key that comes in the box and u type it into steam?

Advertisement