Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I think Fanatec wheel support is broken! FFB is all over the place.There's a shocking amount of deadzone and then the wheel suddenly snatches violently in the direction you're turning. I can't navigate the menus properly or access the sliders to adjust anything.
    The wheel also seems to only work in PC mode for some reason.
    What a disappointment, are there any other Fanatec users on here experiencing the same thing?

Stating the obvious here but have you the latest divers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Dcully wrote: »
    Stating the obvious here but have you the latest divers?
    I do indeed, 756 is the last one they released.
    I found a thread on the PC forums and a guy with the same wheel started a thread listing all the same problems I encountered!
    I'm gutted, I put my rig away and everything. I'm not playing again until it gets patched, it's pretty much unplayable.

Thats shocking bad from from SMS,how many years are they making this and the screw up support for so many major wheels is not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

superg wrote: »
    It's €49.59 on WOW HD with free delivery. Delivery is 4-10 working days though.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/project-cars-playstation-4/dp/40026249#bc=a403

More like 4-27 days and that's if you even get it with WowHd.

• Advertisement

Thats shocking bad from from SMS,how many years are they making this and the screw up support for so many major wheels is not acceptable.

Stop, I'm absolutely livid here. It's a disgrace really. They touted this game as a sim for consoles, sim to me implies peripherals!
    My racing buddy on the 360 is having a field day ripping the piss out of me as we speak.
    I'm gonna have to go back to Forza tonight with my tail between my legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Got to play this for the last hour or so. Haven't had any issues with the T300RS yet thankfully.

I hoped straight into the Formula A cars with no assists at Watkins Glen. Ran a 10 minute qualifying session there and got pole on 90 A.I......... that seems a little crazy as I don't know the track at all (and generally suck, even on tracks I do know). You can be waaaaay more aggressive on the throttle than GSCE or even the Codemaster's F1 games.

Is it possible to turn off the motion blur type effects? I see blur all over the place and it's not obvious how to turn it off in the graphics menu.

Also, when looking at the full HUD view, is it possible just to leave the top part that shows throttle/brake trace, without the crazy yellow circles jumping all over the place in the other 3 parts of the screen? Not sure what they are showing, but it's very distracting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

v3ttel wrote: »
    Got to play this for the last hour or so. Haven't had any issues with the T300RS yet thankfully.

I hoped straight into the Formula A cars with no assists at Watkins Glen. Ran a 10 minute qualifying session there and got pole on 90 A.I......... that seems a little crazy as I don't know the track at all (and generally suck, even on tracks I do know). You can be waaaaay more aggressive on the throttle than GSCE or even the Codemaster's F1 games.

Is it possible to turn off the motion blur type effects? I see blur all over the place and it's not obvious how to turn it off in the graphics menu.

Also, when looking at the full HUD view, is it possible just to leave the top part that shows throttle/brake trace, without the crazy yellow circles jumping all over the place in the other 3 parts of the screen? Not sure what they are showing, but it's very distracting.

I'm sure I seen a setting for blur in the graphics setting when you go into the second tab across the top, the yellow dots show the force on each tyre or point of contact I didn't look at them either they drove me mad.

Edit: yhh its in visuals and then perfrmance tab and motion blur

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Xenji wrote:
    More like 4-27 days and that's if you even get it with WowHd.

Never used them. I take it you've had a bad experience or two!

I've spent a lot of time driving up the back of karts and onto the drivers head! I've never driven a real kart but I'm pretty sure if you hit the back of one you won't drive up the lads back and onto his head. I've also always get a strange burst of speed by driving onto rumble strips, reminds me of the boost parts in a Mario kart track! Using a pad on the PC version and the controls are OK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

I've never driven a real kart but I'm pretty sure if you hit the back of one you won't drive up the lads back and onto his head..

you'd be surprised

I've spent a lot of time driving up the back of karts and onto the drivers head! I've never driven a real kart but I'm pretty sure if you hit the back of one you won't drive up the lads back and onto his head. I've also always get a strange burst of speed by driving onto rumble strips, reminds me of the boost parts in a Mario kart track! Using a pad on the PC version and the controls are OK.

Its the only part of the game I've found I don't like so far. I started off my career in karts but then started again as I didn't like them and just went onto the Renault cup series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

I'm on the PS4 using a T80. the wheel is better than a pad . Anpost have my T100 and it should be with me tomorrow...hopefully.

Let me/us know how the t100 goes, really tempted to pick it up

Grim. wrote: »
    you'd be surprised

Ok now I'm going to be looking at kart videos all night that looks downright nasty ........ I love it.

Grim. wrote:
    you'd be surprised

Haha totally realistic so.

jayo26 wrote:
    Its the only part of the game I've found I don't like so far. I started off my career in karts but then started again as I didn't like them and just went onto the Renault cup series.

They take a bit of getting used to but are a bit too easy to win in once you get the hang of them. I'm hoping somebody offers me a drive in a proper car soon!

They take a bit of getting used to but are a bit too easy to win in once you get the hang of them. I'm hoping somebody offers me a drive in a proper car soon!

Have you raced monza yet? I don't know what it is about monza but the track seems so much nicer then on any other game I've played it on. The banks on the track seem much higher then in the f1 games and I just went to watch a few videos to see I that's what they are like in real life and the are.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm sure I seen a setting for blur in the graphics setting when you go into the second tab across the top, the yellow dots show the force on each tyre or point of contact I didn't look at them either they drove me mad.

Edit: yhh its in visuals and then perfrmance tab and motion blur

Are you on the PC? I don't have a second tab under visuals fx on the PS4.

v3ttel wrote: »
    Are you on the PC? I don't have a second tab under visuals fx on the PS4.

Ahh right yhh sorry mate on pc. You can tweak the hud even on pc down to where you want to place all the details on the screen was well impressed ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mark26ireland

This game worth getting?

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have you raced monza yet? I don't know what it is about monza but the track seems so much nicer then on any other game I've played it on. The banks on the track seem much higher then in the f1 games and I just went to watch a few videos to see I that's what they are like in real life and the are.

No only tried out my favourite Spa and the ever daunting Nordschleife before I began my karting career.

Could someone try 5 laps in Watkins Glen with the Ford Focus and tell me what lap time you get? Still running on 90 AI, I can qualify first easily with the Formula A car, but with the Ford Focus, I'm literally at least 7-10 seconds a lap slower than everyone :eek:

When they come up behind me, it's like everyone is in a different class (but they are the same). I've watched their laps and their telemetry but if I try to carry close to the speed they do, I just understeer off wildly. Something seems wrong.

I've only got a pad so I'd be slower than a wheel anyway I'd presume and I don't know that track very well so I'm probably not much use to you! There is plenty of bugs though. I was leading a race and kept getting blue flagged. Only noticed after about 14 laps that the game had me down as being last and the laps weren't being counted up.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Absolutely love this game, thinking about shelling out €200+ for a Logitech G27 :eek:

It works great on controller but I want the proper experience

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of getting this myself, wheres the cheapest to get for PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

Was thinking of getting this myself, wheres the cheapest to get for PC?

31.99 at instant gaming, I've used them twice before, first time I had to send I'd for anti fraud but prices good
    http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/456-buy-key-steam-project-cars-digital-edition/

Thanks for sharing this, as soon as SMS actually let me calibrate my wheel I'm gonna try it out for sure!
    Where that guy has a picture of the T300, I've only got a blank screen unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Bought this last night , spent most of the night playing it it's absolutely brilliant.

Thinking of getting a full set up I've only ever played racing games on controller , where/how could I go about getting a good drive set up wheel , shifter , pedals and seat?

Any decent websites or companies that do them?

I know adverts and that for second hand but what about new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

cheers for that Cully, having trouble with the ffb at times not telling what the rear of the car is doing, will give these ago later.

Advertisement