Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I just find some cars easier to control then others therefore I'm doing better I was crap at Renault clio cup but I flew threw formula rookie and same with formula gulf and formula c

I'm still in a kart! just finished my first kart season, doing a road cup thing along with it. Waiting on my wheel to come so I can get stuck in proper.

I have TC on too cos I'm using a pad. Will turn them off when the wheel comes, I hope :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

superg wrote: »
    I'm still in a kart! just finished my first kart season, doing a road cup thing along with it. Waiting on my wheel to come so I can get stuck in proper.

I have TC on too cos I'm using a pad. Will turn them off when the wheel comes, I hope :D

I skipped the karts i didnt like thenhecticness of it all ha,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Yeah it is all a bit lively alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

I tried to start my career with the karts too and I just couldn't handle them. That's scary considering I drive karts IRL a lot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

OSI wrote: »
    Yeah, the karts can f*** right off.
    If you want a good karting sim http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

Used to love hotlapping in that sim, online was kind of hard I kept messing up the rolling starts. Excellent for learning race kraft though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

ScumLord wrote: »
    If you want a good karting sim http://www.kartracing-pro.com/

Used to love hotlapping in that sim, online was kind of hard I kept messing up the rolling starts. Excellent for learning race kraft though.

I've played it before. TBH I'd like to do the PCars career starting with the karts but it's just a pain. The wheel is waaaay too sensitive.

Is there any way to increase the steering lock on the go karts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah kartracing pro does a far better job than pcars does, pretty much every sim guru have slated the karts in pcars, i havent even bothered to try them myself.
    Speaking of karts, GSCE next update will have them , reiza will guarantee supreme karting physics, thats a given.

Back to pcars, heres a really good force feedback guide.
    Made a big difference to me, silly you have to go through this procedure for every single car individually to achieve acceptable ffb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,503 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I still haven't played this damn game yet. I've been posting away on their forums though, it's a madhouse to say the least.
    Did anyone here read this thread that started there today?!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27104-Complaint-to-the-watchdog-on-unfinished-product

I still haven't played this damn game yet. I've been posting away on their forums though, it's a madhouse to say the least.
    Did anyone here read this thread that started there today?!
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?27104-Complaint-to-the-watchdog-on-unfinished-product

That man dont pull any punches does he? From the console point of view if the game is as bad as people say it is I can understand the guys complaints, Ian bell doesn't give a toss about keeping people on side and maybe he shouldn't be allowed near twitter or forums but I can see it from his point of view too if he is getting stupid comments 24/7 but on the other side Ian bell is getting paid very well for doing what he does and if he doesn't want stupid comment well then dont make yourself accessible on the p cars forum and if you do well be prepared to be criticized,
    Could you imagine what the abuse creators of drive club or maybe fifa would get if they were on forums like he is.
    The thing that gets me most is the little tag along that invest money early on in the game that somehow think they are above everyone else the public has paid 70 quid in some cases and are entitled to be mad and to say that he was threatining him with criminal activity in saying he would shove a dvd up his ass is a bit over the top.
    Either ways I love the game and hope it keeps improving :-) :-)

Ian Bell isn't the most pleasant to deal with,I find his posts on many forums to be very childish to say the least.
    His latest exchanges on rd forums showed this yet again,his air of self entitlement is nausiating in the extreme at times.Yes the idiots trolling official forums are tough to deal with but a man in his position and poor record of interaction should avoid a forums totally.
    Fun game with huge potential but after 4 years of development it's shockingly buggy,missing so much,the worst bit us there are countless issues they were told about they knew about for years and ignored,that's just utterly arrogant.
    I find it laughable the likes of Ian Bell are talking about pcars 2 while the game is in such a state.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Ian Bell isn't the most pleasant to deal with,I find his posts on many forums to be very childish to say the least.
    His latest exchanges on rd forums showed this yet again,his air of self entitlement is nausiating in the extreme at times.Yes the idiots trolling official forums are tough to deal with but a man in his position and poor record of interaction should avoid a forums totally.
    Fun game with huge potential but after 4 years of development it's shockingly buggy,missing so much,the worst bit us there are countless issues they were told about they knew about for years and ignored,that's just utterly arrogant.
    I find it laughable the likes of Ian Bell are talking about pcars 2 while the game is in such a state.

I think the problem with project cars is its not console ready or maybe it should never of been on a console, I think pc gamers are maybe a bit more used to patches and updates but coming from consoles myself i think most of the time games are ment to be pretty much finished article when launched. I know that hasn't been case lately with many titles tho. I am enjoying it on pc the few bugs I've noticed aren't anything major.

I think the problem with project cars is its not console ready or maybe it should never of been on a console, I think pc gamers are maybe a bit more used to patches and updates but coming from consoles myself i think most of the time games are ment to be pretty much finished article when launched. I know that hasn't been case lately with many titles tho. I am enjoying it on pc the few bugs I've noticed aren't anything major.
    They should have made it pc only and got it running perfect before thinking about releasing it on consoles.
    I'm actually in the process of downloading GT6 on a PS3 I was given a couple of years ago and forgot about.
    It took a night to download, a day to install, another day and night to download and install no less than 17 updates!
    I need to try out a new racing game and Project Cars is unplayable for me, GT6 will hopefully fill the gap.
    The attached file is the amount of time it'll take to install said updates, how broken was this game?!

They should have made it pc only and got it running perfect before thinking about releasing it on consoles.
    I'm actually in the process of downloading GT6 on a PS3 I was given a couple of years ago and forgot about.
    It took a night to download, a day to install, another day and night to download and install no less than 17 updates!
    I need to try out a new racing game and Project Cars is unplayable for me, GT6 will hopefully fill the gap.
    The attached file is the amount of time it'll take to install said updates, how broken was this game?!

I think gt5 was the last racing game I got on ps3 before I had upgrad to ps4 I remember the install time for that even just off the disc was unreal. I never had gt6.

I think gt5 was the last racing game I got on ps3 before I had upgrad to ps4 I remember the install time for that even just off the disc was unreal. I never had gt6.

I haven't played a GT game since 4, I'm looking forward to a change after getting being let down by PC.
    At least it finally installed sometime last night, I'm hoping I get finally play it tonight!

I haven't played a GT game since 4, I'm looking forward to a change after getting being let down by PC.
    At least it finally installed sometime last night, I'm hoping I get finally play it tonight!

I didn't like the **** cars in gt5 they should of went for quality instead of throwing in a load of stuff that was of poor quality the premium cars were ok tho.

I didn't like the **** cars in gt5 they should of went for quality instead of throwing in a load of stuff that was of poor quality the premium cars were ok tho.
    You're absolutely spot on about that, considering how long they took to make GT5 and how large their staff is, it's crazy to think that they used models from the PS2 ffs!
    I'm more looking forward to trying out some old tracks I used to love.

Sorry for derailing this PC thread with GT talk everyone, but in fairness, PC has driven me to GT6!

You're absolutely spot on about that, considering how long they took to make GT5 and how large their staff is, it's crazy to think that they used models from the PS2 ffs!
    I'm more looking forward to trying out some old tracks I used to love.

Sorry for derailing this PC thread with GT talk everyone, but in fairness, PC has driven me to GT6!

Haha your forgiven. I cant believe p cars is that bad on ps4, imagine how bad it must of been last November when they were ment to release it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Dcully wrote: »
    Speaking of karts, GSCE next update will have them , reiza will guarantee supreme karting physics, thats a given.

That update is already out, isn't it? I bought GSCE probably 6 or 8 weeks ago at this stage, and I've used the karts on day 1.
    You're obviously just way faster than you thought! We'll find out definite when I get online in six months time...

I don't think so. I think the difficulty is just all over the place. I'm winning with ease in Formula Rookie at 100 with no assists, but in the Caterham's on 90 I was struggling to be competitive (at least 1.5 seconds off last place in qualifying).

Although, I was simming to the end of the session a lot, so that bug made it seem much worse when I was like 4 seconds per lap off pole, when my lap was balls to the wall. It seems very difficult with road cars, and easy enough with open wheelers. It's really strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I forgot to ask actually, is anybody else struggling with understeer? I'm not sure if it's my wheel degrees of rotation or what, but I have loads of understeer with pretty much every car. I'm constantly having to decrease the front tire pressures to help.

@ v3ttel yes the ai is allover the place, fast on some tracks/cars slow as hell on others, no consistency , yet another fcuk up from SMS, yet Ian Bell over on official forums still trying to to say their ai is the best in the business :rolleyes:
    That update is already out, isn't it? I bought GSCE probably 6 or 8 weeks ago at this stage, and I've used the karts on day 1

Karts have been in the game a while but not superkarts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bakerlite

Having great fun on the pc, any other boards members up for some multiplayer on pc drop me pm.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with saving car setups, im just getting into setting up the car and when im in practice before quali i am adjusting car setups to suit my style or whatever but when i savenit and go out on track and then return to pits im finding that the settings jump around like tyre pressures or sway bars that i have ajusted earlier. Im on pc.

Edit: just did a quick check on the forums its a "KNOWN" bug seemingly but its a big bug now really irritating having to keep adjusting setups everytime you leave pits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

bakerlite wrote: »
    Having great fun on the pc, any other boards members up for some multiplayer on pc drop me pm.

I'm free Monday evening for a few races, anyone else about?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭bakerlite

Nedved85 wrote: »
    I'm free Monday evening for a few races, anyone else about?

ill be on later about 11ish - that too late? any other boards PC project cars players?

That looks pretty good i havent played it since i noticed the issue with saving setups so cant wait for this so i can get back into it.

That looks pretty good i havent played it since i noticed the issue with saving setups so cant wait for this so i can get back into it.

At least you got to play the damn thing!

At least you got to play the damn thing!

Haha i know mate i feel your pain hopefully it will getn orted for you too, im so glad i went and got the pc sorted for it instead of ps4.

In the last few days i got into playing assetto corsa instead of p cars and even tho i like it i actually do prefer p cars for the carrer mode and the amount of tracks and cars. I dont think i can fully comment on car physics because im only using a pad but it didnt feel that much supperior to me as most of the cars i used were road going cars but everyone has their own opinion.

• Advertisement

Haha i know mate i feel your pain hopefully it will getn orted for you too, im so glad i went and got the pc sorted for it instead of ps4.

In the last few days i got into playing assetto corsa instead of p cars and even tho i like it i actually do prefer p cars for the carrer mode and the amount of tracks and cars. I dont think i can fully comment on car physics because im only using a pad but it didnt feel that much supperior to me as most of the cars i used were road going cars but everyone has their own opinion.
    You can have first refusal on my Turbo-S if you'd like? It won't be for a while yet but I'm giving serious thought into buying a T300 or CSR Elite.
    If you already have a pc with Assetto Corsa and Project Cars then you'll really be sorted!

Advertisement