Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

One of my first races...https://youtu.be/1pCCotXFqxE I'm a bit better now though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Is it possible to do the driving in the pits yourself? Hate when the games do that for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Actually, the more I play it that way the controls are far too sensitive. Back to flicking left and right.

What platform are you playing on mate? I found that too at the start but adjust your controller deadzone too about 25 and turn down the sensitivity to zero worked for me, ill check later too see what settings im using but its something along them lines but i felt samw as you at start.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

jayo26 wrote: »
    What platform are you playing on mate? I found that too at the start but adjust your controller deadzone too about 25 and turn down the sensitivity to zero worked for me, ill check later too see what settings im using but its something along them lines but i felt samw as you at start.

Excellent, I'll try that. Playing on xbox one. Thanks a million.

In my third season of career mode now I'm in the formula c division and I still loving the game the variety is so cool, even this season alone if done karts and the stupid focus st championship and done the road race in a McLaren f1 driving on top of little caterhams and ariel atoms, yeh the game have lots of faults but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment as long as they fix them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just did the LeMans 24hr race there in carear. It was 2 hours of pain, it took me back to the days of doing endurance races in Forza 2.

Another thing, this game is riddled with bugs, 1 i got today was when i qualified in 1st then i started the race last.

Worst bug has to be leading a race and then it puts you 1 lap down

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Just did the LeMans 24hr race there in carear. It was 2 hours of pain, it took me back to the days of doing endurance races in Forza 2.

Another thing, this game is riddled with bugs, 1 i got today was when i qualified in 1st then i started the race last.

Worst bug has to be leading a race and then it puts you 1 lap down

What platform afe you playing on ive never seen any of them bugs thank god, the worst i seen was the skipping practice bug.

What platform afe you playing on ive never seen any of them bugs thank god, the worst i seen was the skipping practice bug.

PS4

PS4

Ps4 sees to be gettin the hardest time of it in fairness, but a mate of mine that has it on ps4 hasnt seen any bugs he must be oblivious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Ps4 sees to be gettin the hardest time of it in fairness, but a mate of mine that has it on ps4 hasnt seen any bugs he must be oblivious

It's pretty much broken for me, bar about 20 laps I did last night. I tried out a few workarounds and wheel settings I found online, it was far from ideal but I can see its going to be great if they can fix enough of it.
    I'm getting seriously pissed off not being able to play it properly though.

• Advertisement

It's pretty much broken for me, bar about 20 laps I did last night. I tried out a few workarounds and wheel settings I found online, it was far from ideal but I can see its going to be great if they can fix enough of it.
    I'm getting seriously pissed off not being able to play it properly though.

Kinda happy now I didn't go with the ps4 version now. I have loved the game so far.

Is it true you guys have had two patches already?

Is it true you guys have had two patches already?

Ive had one patch so far mate i havent seen another yet but ill check,

Not sure this is a bug or not, in lmp3 series qualifying, i got over the line with about 30 seconds to spare but then about 30 seconds after that time the menu poped up saying qualifing over.

I was on a good lap aswell

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just another oversight from SMS, again they knew about this aswell as the countless other issues.

Another bug, in LMP3 race, i win race 1 and then in the 2nd race it starts me 19/20, id accept this if it was reverse grid but the guy who finished 2nd in the 1st race then goes on to start on pole in the 2nd race.

has this game not been in development for 4+ years? Seems to be all about the lighting affects and not about rules and stuff

Just started a GT3 race at nordschleife full, wanted to run a 6 lap race, all aids off,tyre and mechanical wear etc.
    2 laps in im called to refuel and change tyres only for the stupid game to ram me into the barrier as i enter the pits, yes that stupid auto pit that cannot be turned off, race over with wrecked car, seriously ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Price is on the way down on the T100 here
    http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90532643/thrustmaster-t100-force-feedback.asp

Keep an eye on it lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'm kind of worried about the AI strength. I've just started Formula Rookie in my career with 100 AI and no assists and I won both races at Oulton Park by a combined total of 35 seconds (6 laps in Race 1, 7 laps in Race 2). I'm not fast at all (I'll probably be last if we ever play multi-player), there's no way I should be 2-3 seconds a lap faster than the best AI.

Price is on the way down on the T100 here
    http://www.computeruniverse.net/en/products/90532643/thrustmaster-t100-force-feedback.asp

Keep an eye on it lads.
    http://m.computeruniverse.net/item/3930353633373837

That's next on my hit list I reckon, only four weeks until it's back in stock too!
    Thanks for sharing that link, I'd never seen that site before.

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    I'm kind of worried about the AI strength. I've just started Formula Rookie in my career with 100 AI and no assists and I won both races at Oulton Park by a combined total of 35 seconds (6 laps in Race 1, 7 laps in Race 2). I'm not fast at all (I'll probably be last if we ever play multi-player), there's no way I should be 2-3 seconds a lap faster than the best AI.

You're obviously just way faster than you thought! We'll find out definite when I get online in six months time...

You're obviously just way faster than you thought! We'll find out definite when I get online in six months time...

Your faster then me anyway I on about 80 percent ai strength and I'm fighting for wins but saying that I'm improving I keep putting it up by 10 as I get faster so hey in another week ill be up to 100

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I'm on 80 as well and just about get pole and wins. If I up it I'd be mid pack! I did read somewhere that difficulty changes as you progress through career so even if you start at 100% they'll get faster as you get faster.

superg wrote: »
    I'm on 80 as well and just about get pole and wins. If I up it I'd be mid pack! I did read somewhere that difficulty changes as you progress through career so even if you start at 100% they'll get faster as you get faster.

I just find some cars easier to control then others therefore I'm doing better I was crap at Renault clio cup but I flew threw formula rookie and same with formula gulf and formula c

I started on 70% but now in the LMP2 Caterhams in career i stuck it to 100% and am still winning.

In slow cars though i atill use 70% for now.

Another bug iv happen to me 2 times in 2 days is just a complete cluster ****.

Black screen and then hard console reset. Surely its not good for the PS4

When mentioning ai difficulty it might be worth mentioning if your running with all aids off or not.

Has anyone played the game online yet or what's the story with it? I haven't even looked at it

Dcully wrote: »
    When mentioning ai difficulty it might be worth mentioning if your running with all aids off or not.

Busted darn it,

Only using the middle option what ever that it, im only playin the game for abit of fun really.

Maybe when my G27 is supported ill go all the way

Busted darn it,

Only using the middle option what ever that it, im only playin the game for abit of fun really.

Maybe when my G27 is supported ill go all the way

Don't tell dcully he will turn his head in shame haha :)
    only messing mate I'm using factory tc at moment but as soon as I get more used to it ill get rid of it too.

• Advertisement

Im 50-50 really,sometimes run with factory ie whatever the car runs in real life, GT3 cars for example run with a bit of TC in rl anyways so :P
    Other times i run with everything off.

Advertisement