Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project CARS

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

After playing a tonne of PCARS over the weekend im finding a lot of unforgivable issues but more that anything the shocking bad ai punting you off the track no matter how careful you are to give them room, incredibly frustrating.
    Overall im enjoying the game but if anything its shown once again how amazing assetto corsa is to drive [sorry to keep saying it it has to be played to be believed :) ]

Just had my best race with AI so far followed by another disaster with AI lol,this was 5 mins into qualifying session so not as if there was a tonne of cars when it all started, there was very soon though lol.

PCARS clever AI at work lol ,switched to exterior cam to get better view of the gridlock,nothing was moving so it was exit session.

2015_05_11_00004.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I'd say it's motion sickness caused by that stupid effect! Lot's of people complaining about it online.
    I haven't even started my career yet, I refuse to even look at this game again until they fix all the bugs, they've got their work cut from what I can tell too.

I can live with a lot of the other issues, apart from the blur. I'm still enjoying the handling of the cars and having some good races with the A.I, who don't feel like they are on rails like in so many other games. It's refreshing to see them track extending, making mistakes (even if they are a bit too aggressive mostly - a race with the A.I seems like a multiplayer race online. That's not a bad thing, but it's probably gone too far in the opposite direction).

If I was in your position and my wheel didn't work, I wouldn't touch it until that was fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Yep agreed. I really appreciate they left it open to change FFB settings, calibration etc but for console folk with no experience of sims and who may be of a "if it doesn't work out of the box in 2 minutes its going back in the box" mentality its a very bad move (not saying thats you but they know they are trying to draw those people into the genre with PCars). At least presets would give people a path to follow. To think they learned nothing from the Raceroom experience setup fiasco which kept many away from RRE is simply inexcusable imho. Nuts.

I bet there'll be dozens of used copies of this game on the shelves in a couple of weeks.
    Lots of folk will dip their toe in and decide it's not for them. Racing games on consoles are a fairly niche market as it is without added realism turning off the masses.
    I just can't wait to finally start playing it properly.

Just had a great 25 lap race in LMP2 car at Silverstone GP, all assists off , changeable weather,95% AI and it was great fun.
    Great fun that is after i tried to start mid pack after qualifying 8 place only to be taken out by the ai everytime in the first 2 laps :(
    After a few attempts to get away clean i just started from the back of the grid and let the ai settle for 2 laps then i drove the wheels off the car,but what a shame i had to resort to this instead of going door to door with the ai safely from that 8th place,coincidentally i finished in 8th after starting at back of the grid.
    Its gone to the stage where i dont qualify anymore i just start at the back of the grid,once the ai get spread out a bit they are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Anyone up for an online race some night this week?

Im not that good so easy pickings for ye :)

• Advertisement

The head of SMS is posting away on their forums as we speak, says he delighted with sales and that they're working on fixing the reported bugs.
    I've never seen that type of thing before.

Nedved85 wrote: »

I can't wait to jump online with a load of the lads posting away here. Even doing some practice laps together would help us all dial in our tuning settings and what not on the fly.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Nedved85 wrote: »

Love to but I'm not joking but I might be up a mountain from tomorrow onwards till around the time of the apocalypse and it won't be for fun :) (cryptic I know). Even if you were racing drunk with a head wand you'd probably still beat me.
    The head of SMS is posting away on their forums as we speak, says he delighted with sales and that they're working on fixing the reported bugs.
    I've never seen that type of thing before.

We got that kind of treatment from Kunos, the devs of Assetto Corsa. They were out on the RD and GT Planet forums regularly as well as their own. Its very much a sim-world thing which you really don't see in AAA games these days. Passionate about their creation and all the better the titles become for it. Fair play to SMS for listening to the fans.

Just want to reiterate a post earlier from Titzon Toast on the Jack Spade FFB files. Seriously to all playing PCars with any wheel do not play the game without downloading and applying both the files and settings 1st. For consoles users while the files can't be used the settings apply equally to you guys. I played PCars for the 1st time tonight on PC (had it from release but have been very very preoccupied) and the FFB by default from my T500rs was the worst I'd ever felt in any sim.

Applied Jack Spades files and now I can feel the kerbs and the cars feel much more communicative. Night and day in game. No more floating and sudden breakouts without warning. Heres the link again but thumbs up should go to Titzon Toasts post earlier for bringing it to everyones attention. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

I thought I posted them files on Saturday,hmm my bad I was sure I did,they make a big difference for sure on my G27

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Blinked_Missed It

Dcully wrote: »
    I thought I posted them files on Saturday,hmm my bad I was sure I did,they make a big difference for sure on my G27

Oh sorry my bad. Ahh sure thumbs to both of ya :)

Just for the G25/G27 users like yourself keep an eye on this RD thread posted by Bram the owner of RD. Its reserved for the best settings for the G series with PCars which are being posted this week. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-logitech-g25-g27-settings.105555/#post-2001702

• Advertisement

Oh sorry my bad. Ahh sure thumbs to both of ya :)

Just for the G25/G27 users like yourself keep an eye on this RD thread posted by Bram the owner of RD. Its reserved for the best settings for the G series with PCars which are being posted this week. http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/project-cars-logitech-g25-g27-settings.105555/#post-2001702

Yep im watching that closely, i know Bram over on RD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Guys regarding the motion blur, are you referring to the blur that occurs when approaching a corner but then disappears on the straights? If so, that option can be turned off.

I'm a control pad user with the PS4 version. Loving it so far however it is almost impossible to catch a slide while using the pad which is disappointing. It means that most of the road cars are not worth the effort as they are more likely to get out of shape than the race cars. It would be interesting to hear what other PS4 pad users think on this.

Love to but I'm not joking but I might be up a mountain from tomorrow onwards till around the time of the apocalypse and it won't be for fun :) (cryptic I know). Even if you were racing drunk with a head wand you'd probably still beat me.

We got that kind of treatment from Kunos, the devs of Assetto Corsa. They were out on the RD and GT Planet forums regularly as well as their own. Its very much a sim-world thing which you really don't see in AAA games these days. Passionate about their creation and all the better the titles become for it. Fair play to SMS for listening to the fans.

Just want to reiterate a post earlier from Titzon Toast on the Jack Spade FFB files. Seriously to all playing PCars with any wheel do not play the game without downloading and applying both the files and settings 1st. For consoles users while the files can't be used the settings apply equally to you guys. I played PCars for the 1st time tonight on PC (had it from release but have been very very preoccupied) and the FFB by default from my T500rs was the worst I'd ever felt in any sim.

Applied Jack Spades files and now I can feel the kerbs and the cars feel much more communicative. Night and day in game. No more floating and sudden breakouts without warning. Heres the link again but thumbs up should go to Titzon Toasts post earlier for bringing it to everyones attention. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Ha! I was just about to post that link as well, fair play to that guy for sharing those settings.
    This damn patch can't come quick enough, I'm gonna try my wheel going again tomorrow night, I need a race!

EDIT
    Someone grouped them all together and shared them here, I downloaded the file and it all looks good.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23893-Jack-Spade-s-FFB-Tweaks

I use my phone to browse the interwebs, that's supposed to be a link up there, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

In two minds about getting this game after reading that bad review from pretendracers. Is the blur bad enough to make you stop playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Mc Love wrote: »
    In two minds about getting this game after reading that bad review from pretendracers. Is the blur bad enough to make you stop playing?

I'm on pc and I haven't noticed the blur and there is an option to turn it off on pc I'm not sire about consoles.
    Id recommend the game yhh its not perfect but it is a great base to build off and if they keep improving all of the faults then its going to be around for years.

jayo26 wrote: »
    I'm on pc and I haven't noticed the blur and there is an option to turn it off on pc I'm not sire about consoles.
    Id recommend the game yhh its not perfect but it is a great base to build off and if they keep improving all of the faults then its going to be around for years.

From what I can gather this blur issue is on ps4 and its forced on,silly idea.

From what I can gather this blur issue is on ps4 and its forced on,silly idea.

Is it from all camera angels mate or is it just the in helmet cam?

I need invest in a new graphics card I've decided.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Guys regarding the motion blur, are you referring to the blur that occurs when approaching a corner but then disappears on the straights? If so, that option can be turned off.

That's just in helmet cam, where it auto-focuses, based on where you eyes would naturally be looking.

The motion blur is completely different and I noticed it when using a couple of different camera (I can't say if it includes all of them or not). It's more like "judder" than blur. The motion just isn't smooth as you expect.

A screenshot gets taken every time you get a trophy. I got one in the karts, and it shows a nice example of the blur. I'll post it up later when I'm in front of the console.
    Mc Love wrote: »

Not bad enough to make me stop playing, but very off-putting at the start.

I'd be fairly aware of any sort of extra picture processing effects though. I can't watch Netflix on my Smart TV because it uses a weird motion setting (which can't be disabled in the app), that drives me nuts. My other half can't even notice it at all.

I bought this for my new build over Christmas. It's pricey (thankfully I had a load of vouchers), but it's a fantastic card. I can play any game on ultra with no problem. It probably won't have to be replaced for a good few years.

I dont know mate, im going by what ive read on forums at RD,No Grip,GT Planet, SimHQ,official forums.
    It seems the blurring is constant on PS4 regardless of camera view, afaik its not being confused with the depth of field blurring effect from the helmet cam, this ofcourse can be turned off on pc, not sure about the consoles.

As regards graphics card i bought an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0,im running the game everything ultra @ 2560X1080 resolution on an
    LG Flatron 29UM65-P (29") UltraWide Monitor and it runs great even with 45+ ai cars onscreen.

Ive read countless reviews,blogs forums etc about the game ,literally spent hours upon hours doing so and enjoyed most of it but this review is by far the best of them all, well written, hugely informative and deep.
    Goes a long way to explain why most PC sim racers still prefer the physics of Assetto Corsa,Iracing and GSCE and explained a lot better than i could ever do.

Please note this is not a dig at PCARS, im having a blast with it i really am especially since i got my ffb better than out of the box at day one,im delighted i bought it.
    I offers me a great means of getting my sim racing fix with race weekends and careers with a wide range of weather effects and day/night racing cycles that no other sim can offer but for that feeling i want to really feel like im driving a race or road car nothing comes close to AC,GSCE or iracing to me [sorry to repeat myself :P]

Great read for any sim or racing game fan.
    http://www.atomicsimracing.net/reviews/project-cars-the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly/

Great time to be a simracer :)
    All these great sims, add in dirt rally and what else could one need? :)

• Advertisement

v3ttel wrote: »
    That's just in helmet cam, where it auto-focuses, based on where you eyes would naturally be looking.

The motion blur is completely different and I noticed it when using a couple of different camera (I can't say if it includes all of them or not). It's more like "judder" than blur. The motion just isn't smooth as you expect.

A screenshot gets taken every time you get a trophy. I got one in the karts, and it shows a nice example of the blur. I'll post it up later when I'm in front of the console.

Not bad enough to make me stop playing, but very off-putting at the start.

I'd be fairly aware of any sort of extra picture processing effects though. I can't watch Netflix on my Smart TV because it uses a weird motion setting (which can't be disabled in the app), that drives me nuts. My other half can't even notice it at all.

I bought this for my new build over Christmas. It's pricey (thankfully I had a load of vouchers), but it's a fantastic card. I can play any game on ultra with no problem. It probably won't have to be replaced for a good few years.

Yhh ill be going for the 970 also mate but I may upgrade my mobo and psu first too but I should do it for about 450 all in. I was considering selling my ps4 to fund it as I haven't turned it on in months but I'm in two minds about it as I have alot of moneys worth of games linked to my psn account that I cant sell with it so not sure what route ill go.

The head of SMS said yesterday on their forums that they are going to introduce an option to turn that effect off for the PS4 very soon.

The head of SMS said yesterday on their forums that they are going to introduce an option to turn that effect off for the PS4 very soon.

That makes sense i suppose, im kinda glad i went with pc now.

Cheers mate ill have a read, ive been a full time lurker on the pc building forum now for a while so i think ive just about covered all of them at this stage haha, the reviews of them despite the stupid memorey issue are really good and id reckon in another couple of year if ya needed more grunt ya could pick up another second hand one and set them up n sli and will stll beat most of whats there In the future.

Where did you purchase yours from? That's a good review o see it is priced at 395 from hwvs.

Where did you purchase yours from? That's a good review o see it is priced at 395 from hwvs.

The socalled ram issue is a non issue unless your running at huge res,either way still a great card, i bought mine from overclockers, 2 day delivery.

The socalled ram issue is a non issue unless your running at huge res,either way still a great card, i bought mine from overclockers, 2 day delivery.

Ahh yhhh i know it got blown out or proportion,

Not meaning to put the thread off track here but ill definitley keep my eye out for that one when im buying. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Keep an eye on pixmania too jayo. I got my gigabyte 970 from there and it was on offer so was 50 cheaper than anywhere else at the time.

• Advertisement

superg wrote: »
    Keep an eye on pixmania too jayo. I got my gigabyte 970 from there and it was on offer so was 50 cheaper than anywhere else at the time.

Will do man thanks for that, i ordered my mobo and psu there now i felt inspired i might just bite the bullet and get rid of the ps4 when im at it i know i wont bother with it much when i get my rig set up properly.

Advertisement