Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

Below is the email response I got. I had phoned and an automated message told me the lines were very busy and that emailing correspondence@setanta.com with account details (viewing card no. And name basically) and request the subscription is cancelled on todays date. Judging by the email response, it seemed to work.

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

We have received your email. Please note that any cancellation requests received before midnight on 31st December will be accepted and cancelled down. Please ensure you have provided your account number or your 9 digit viewing card number if you wish to cancel your subscription.

Kind regards,

Setanta Sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭adamstown1

Just sent an email to cancel and got a response almost immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Kudos to Setanta for making it as easy as possible to cancel.

Means I am much more likely to resign up in future. If they had been cowboys about it I would have stubbornly refused.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RParker123

Good deal.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 13 RParker123

Does this work with UPC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

RParker123 wrote: »
    Does this work with UPC?

unfortunately not!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Rang y'day morning, was on for about 6m, on for a further 6m asking me how did i enjoy Christmas & Setanta? i said if it wasnt for the football to keep everyone busy as there were plenty of turkeys on tv!

Proceeded to give me the €12.99 deal, i said to him, remember the turkeys as you're pulling my leg with that offer, he laughed at that & gave it to me for €9.99, i should have told him another joke, to see how low he'd go :P

In relation to people finding out how much it costs to ring 0818 no's, i rang Eircom a while not long ago & was told it is 8c peak/5c off-peak, as i recall it used to be 6c peak/1c off-peak, as once it used to be free to ring $ky & i noticed the charges on the phone bill & that's when i rang eircom that time to find out how much it was then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Below is the email response I got. I had phoned and an automated message told me the lines were very busy and that emailing correspondence@setanta.com with account details (viewing card no. And name basically) and request the subscription is cancelled on todays date. Judging by the email response, it seemed to work.

Thank you for contacting Setanta Sports.

We have received your email. Please note that any cancellation requests received before midnight on 31st December will be accepted and cancelled down. Please ensure you have provided your account number or your 9 digit viewing card number if you wish to cancel your subscription.

Kind regards,

Setanta Sports.

I emailed them earlier today and got no response at all, bit worried now, what email address did you send your cancellation to?

Ha, ignore that question I actually read the start of your post now!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

In relation to people finding out how much it costs to ring 0818 no's, i rang Eircom a while not long ago & was told it is 8c peak/5c off-peak, as i recall it used to be 6c peak/1c off-peak, as once it used to be free to ring $ky & i noticed the charges on the phone bill & that's when i rang eircom that time to find out how much it was then.

think it cost me about 29c a min, from a mobile

what'll be the next plan for the this? :pac:

try and get the 9.99 offer extended until may & then cheaper again during the summer, trying to stay on at that price then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

50 cent a min on 48:eek: i e mailed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

What time can you cancel till tonight?

And has anyone managed to get the €9.99 offer by e-mail?
    Just got them cut off. Requested via email the new deal but seems I won't be getting it. Was looking forward to the soccer tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Student2014

Kudos to Setanta for making it as easy as possible to cancel.

Means I am much more likely to resign up in future. If they had been cowboys about it I would have stubbornly refused.

They were a pack of cowboys a few years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Emailed them again just there, got an automated response straight away, happy now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

what email add did you use cause I emailed 3 times today and nothing back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

racso1975 wrote: »
    what email add did you use cause I emailed 3 times today and nothing back

The one people are getting back is thanking them for their email.

Those whose email caused cancellation got ''We have gone ahead and cancelled you subscription'' or something along those lines.

I received the email thanking me and my channels are still working.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Those whose email caused cancellation got ''We have gone ahead and cancelled you subscription'' or something along those lines.

I have emailed the customerservicesire@setanta.com 4 times and no reply!!!! they better not try signing me up

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

racso1975 wrote: »
    I have emailed the customerservicesire@setanta.com 4 times and no reply!!!! they better not try signing me up

I sent an email yesterday and still no reply

I got both ! One earlier from the email I sent it to thanking me and channels were still on......then one from "setanta Claus" saying my subscription has been cancelled :(

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

4 emails later and finally a cancellation email returned at 20.10. No offer though.
    great deal again and thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

they cut me off....................just checked and I wanted to stay with them, was a customer before the December €1 offer....................................are they open tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

km79 wrote: »
    Just got them cut off. Requested via email the new deal but seems I won't be getting it. Was looking forward to the soccer tomorrow

That's one thing i found out from when enquiring about the email setanta, as i wouldnt have got the offer if i'd emailed, only if i'd rang up you could get it.

That's one thing i found out from when enquiring about the email setanta, as i wouldnt have got the offer if i'd emailed, only if i'd rang up you could get it.
    Yeah I figured as much but we don't have a landline so was only option :(

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

happy new year my arse, gave up on the phone, no response to 2 emails i sent, one to correspondence, one to customer services. see what they say when i eventually get hold of customer service agent. tough job id say:mad:. guess i am paying full whack this month though:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭jantheman91

squadro wrote: »
    happy new year my arse, gave up on the phone, no response to 2 emails i sent, one to correspondence, one to customer services. see what they say when i eventually get hold of customer service agent. tough job id say:mad:. guess i am paying full whack this month though:eek:

Refuse to pay it.

That's what i'm doing.

I've proof I sent 5 emails.

Not my problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭squadro

yeah, will try withhold payment if the hoors havent taken it already

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Student2014

km79 wrote: »
    Yeah I figured as much but we don't have a landline so was only option :(

Why not ring from your mobile or you could try skype. Might be more expensive to ring but sure look

Why not ring from your mobile or you could try skype. Might be more expensive to ring but sure look
    The cost of the mobile call would have been about half the monthly subscription I saved ! I'm not that bothered anyway. If they called me back with new offer I'd have taken it but it was a good month for a euro 🙋🙌🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Thanks Setanta, a brilliant offer, when times get better you will certainly hear from me, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

I'd imagine 90% of us would keep Setanta if it way, say, a fiver a month.

Surely they'd be better off having mass saturation at €5 per month? Kind of a Ryanair model.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭tomtucker81

cena wrote: »
    I sent an email yesterday and still no reply

Send email to correspondence@setanta.com

Advertisement