Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try Setanta Sports Pack for the month of December for €1!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheers for the reply mollymac do you know what message was on your screen before the channels came through. The card I'm using has been in a drawer for a few years.

You might have to leave the card in the box with it switched on overnight for the card to 'come to life' again.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

corny wrote: »
    Its a shame Sky or BT don't focus on controlling all the rights for one sport. I like the cricket, rugby (union and league), darts, boxing etc on Sky but the reality is my subscription largely goes towards paying those ballerinas in the PL.
    check out foreign language broadcasters and listen to BBC4 longwave stream for the cricket.

Not sure if Ary Digital still do Cricket
    http://en.kingofsat.net/channelhistory.php?ch=1132

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Only gave me an option to use a credit card.

Signed up a few minutes ago and stations were available almost immediately.

yeah, it seems to have changed since during the week.
    the site has been updated too

I wonder what's the reason for removing the debit card option?

and does anyone know how you make sure a payment is cancelled on a credit card (visa debit)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I read earlier in a post on trouble with their signal not coming through quick, well i signed up on Sat, although i should have signed up the day before as i had a 10m wait & still no channels & a bad line talking to some Indian person on the call centre in which i thought was in India & found out later it was actually in Scotland:P

So i waited for a while & rang about 2hrs later to complain about a blank screen, i got a better line & person called Duncan & told him what had happened & who served me, he took a sigh & said they didnt do it right & within a min had the channels up & running.

Depends on who you get i suppose & thank god i rang early for the 2nd game on sat.

& this is what games are ahead, although do they have the FA Cup games in Jan?
    No prizes for guessing that Setanta will mention that on cancellation!

Try our best month of Premier League fixtures for €1!
    • 3rd Dec: Crystal Palace v West Ham
    • 4th Dec: Swansea v Newcastle
    • 7th Dec: Liverpool v West Ham & Man Utd v Newcastle
    • 14th Dec: Man City v Arsenal & Chelsea v C. Palace
    • 21st Dec: Liverpool v Cardiff & Man Utd v West Ham
    • 26th Dec: West Ham v Arsenal & Man City v Liverpool
    • 28th Dec: Norwich v Man Utd
    This December you can try the Setanta Sports Pack for just €1! Subscribe online now or call 0818 203040.
    Please note this offer is available on satellite only. Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January. Offer does not apply to existing customers.
    The Setanta Sports Pack now has 5 channels of premium sporting content:
    channels-tv.pngmontage_fade_new.pngSubscribe Click here for UPC
    Click here for Eircom
    Click here for Magnet

Sports on Setanta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Anyone else having issues watching BT Sport 1 and 2 right now? Im trying to watch the Wigan game but I'm gettting the " This programme is not available " message. ESPN is working fine as is the 2 setanta channels, its just BT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

buyer95 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues watching BT Sport 1 and 2 right now? Im trying to watch the Wigan game but I'm gettting the " This programme is not available " message. ESPN is working fine as is the 2 setanta channels, its just BT.

Some europa league games aren't viewable here because others have the rights

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

buyer95 wrote: »
    Just checked and the same issues here also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

muffler wrote: »
    Just checked and the same issues here also.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

NATLOR wrote: »
    +1

It's not a issue people. Has anyone read my post that is like 3 back up

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Yes, its the issue of some europa league games aren't viewable here because others have the rights ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

rafi bomb wrote: »

Is it because some Europa games aren't viewable because others have the rights?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mollymac57

and there was me thinking it might have something to do with the windy weather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭RichT

Bah.....

Only 9 goals in today's first game.

I want my €1 back

RichT wrote: »
    Bah.....

Only 9 goals in today's first game.

I want my €1 back

They know you're on the €1 deal, that's why :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

How long should it take for the channels to become unlocked after ordering online?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

callaway92 wrote: »
    How long should it take for the channels to become unlocked after ordering online?

Thanks

Very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,297 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has anyone cancelled the yet. Did you get offered a deal to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

Has anyone cancelled the yet. Did you get offered a deal to stay?

I wouldn't think anyone cancelled yet with the Liverpool v City match on later, I think they cut you off straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Is the offer still on?? Could i order now and cancel after todays match?

PinkFly wrote: »
    Is the offer still on?? Could i order now and cancel after todays match?

It's still up on their website anyway.

• Advertisement

mikehunts wrote: »
    I wouldn't think anyone cancelled yet with the Liverpool v City match on later, I think they cut you off straight away.

I was going to wait untill the 30th before cancelling, I was just wondering if they were offering deals to stay on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I was going to wait untill the 30th before cancelling, I was just wondering if they were offering deals to stay on.

Call and ask. Costs nothing to ask.

kn wrote: »
    Call and ask. Costs nothing to ask.

Costs the price of a phone call ;) Costs nothing to ask here :).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I had a few hours to spare a few days back, so I rang BT to check waiting times, and was left waiting on the phone for 30 minutes. There really was no reason for the long waiting time a few days ago (no big sporting event that day), so when a glut of people start canceling, that waiting time is going to get even more stupid.

When people are going to cancel, make sure you have some solid time set aside, and don't leave it until the last minute.

I basically had enough time to tidy a room in the house when I left the phone on loudspeaker playing silly waiting-line music - and that was a slow day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Patrickheg

tinodz wrote: »
    I had a few hours to spare a few days back, so I rang BT to check waiting times, and was left waiting on the phone for 30 minutes. There really was no reason for the long waiting time a few days ago (no big sporting event that day), so when a glut of people start canceling, that waiting time is going to get even more stupid.

When people are going to cancel, make sure you have some solid time set aside, and don't leave it until the last minute.

I basically had enough time to tidy a room in the house when I left the phone on loudspeaker playing silly waiting-line music - and that was a slow day!

If that's the case are you better of sucking up the jan cost and also enjoy the channels in jan(where most people try to stay in and pay off the Christmas bills anyway) and complete a stress free cancellation at the end of jan. Cost split over 2 mths is still a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭td2008

Rang on tuesday to cancel and they cut me off straight away the bastards :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Patrickheg wrote: »
    If that's the case are you better of sucking up the jan cost and also enjoy the channels in jan(where most people try to stay in and pay off the Christmas bills anyway) and complete a stress free cancellation at the end of jan. Cost split over 2 mths is still a bargain

Anyone any idea what live PL games are on in Jan?

Patrickheg wrote: »

Is it that the min subscription is 2mth or is it €19.99 for 2mths?

Of what it says on the site:
    Customers must call 0818 203040 to cancel before 31st December or will be billed €19.99 from 1st January.
    Al Capwned wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what live PL games are on in Jan?

Here are the games from now until Feb 2014:

The Setanta Sports pack will offer Irish Sports fans 71 Barclays Premier League games for the season. 33 of these games will be Saturday 3pm kick offs while 26 games will be on Saturdays at 12:45 on our BT Sports channels.
    These 12:45 games will include 18 first pick games. This means the biggest games featuring top of the table clashes will be part of the Setanta pack. The other 12 games are midweek and bank holiday games.

Dec 26th West Ham v Arsenal 15:00 BT Sport 1
    Dec 26th Man City v Liverpool 17:30 BT Sport 1
    Dec 28th Norwich v Man Utd 15:00 Setanta 1
    Jan 1st Southampton v Chelsea 17:30 BT Sport 1
    Jan 1st Man Utd v Tottenham 17:30 BT Sport 1
    Jan 11th Hull City v Chelsea 12:45 BT Sport 1
    Jan 11th Tottenham v Crystal Palace 15:00 Setanta 1
    Jan 18th Sunderland v Southampton 12:45 BT Sport
    Jan 18th Arsenal v Fulham 15:00 Setanta 1
    Jan 28th Liverpool v Everton 20:00 BT Sport 1
    Jan 29th Tottenham v Man City 19:45 BT Sport
    Feb 1st West Ham United v Swansea City 12:45 BT Sport 1
    Feb 1st Stoke v Man United 15:00 Setanta 1
    Feb 8th Liverpool v Arsenal 12:45 BT Sport 1
    Feb 8th Chelsea v Newcastle 15:00 Setanta 1
    Feb 11th Cardiff City v Aston Villa 19:45 BT Sport 1
    Feb 12th Arsenal v Man United 19:45 BT Sport 1
    Feb 22nd Chelsea v Everton 12:45 BT Sport 1
    Feb 22nd Liverpool v Swansea 15:00 Setanta 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Is it that the min subscription is 2mth or is it €19.99 for 2mths?

the minimum subscription is 2 months and december/the offer won't count as part of that.

it is €19.99 a month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭Skidfingers

€19.99 is a rip off to be honest.

Advertisement