Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Haha, I'd to google it, I'm obviously less hip than I'd thought!

Need to start having running dates with the cooler kids :)

TbL
    tang1 wrote: »
    Sure i'll die in ignorance, not up to this modern day vernacular at all i'm not.

Ah, good old google (didn't think of that). Think our equivalent would be BMAL Tang ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Sunday: had planned on doing 14 miles easy but spent the day coming and going to/from the beach, was a little caramelised from the sun so decided to take a rest day!

Today: first day on the reworked program and I was glad it was a gentle introduction, 20 mins easy, as I had played a game of squash at lunchtime and was as tender as a slow cooked lump of beef by the time I got out this evening.

I hadn't played squash in about a year and some of my lesser used muscles were screaming at the auld body to cop on and act it's age! Great workout and hoping to play at least once a week.

Got the 20 mins done very gingerly this evening before heading down to the sea for a quick swim in the rain.

I'm going hardcore for this cycle :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

I'm going hardcore for this cycle :)
    TbL

Knew well the younger crowd would bring you around to there taste in music, you have the hair in dreads next and be bringing glow sticks on your run to practice your dance moves!!

Knew well the younger crowd would bring you around to there taste in music, you have the hair in dreads next and be bringing glow sticks on your run to practice your dance moves!!

Jeez, what exactly went on on that run along the canal ???:eek:

kit3 wrote: »

You'll have to come along next time to find out........

• Advertisement

kit3 wrote: »

Hey Kit,

Have you seen the movie Deliverance...... well the scenery was pretty good on the canal run too :)

Hope you're enjoying the hols.

TbL

Hey Kit,

Have you seen the movie Deliverance...... well the scenery was pretty good on the canal run too :)

Hope you're enjoying the hols.

TbL

Ha, might let ye to that one ! Wall to wall sessions here but it's all music. Kids settled in classes today so hope to get out the next few mornings for a run ( hope the tide is out though - roads really narrow & most drivers fairly hungover - it's that type of week :) ) Great craic though - it's like coming on holidays for a week with all your friends & seeing loads others you only meet once or twice a year - all in the same small town. A real endurance event :)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

I entered Valencia today.

Only seeing this now :o .......

Today the plan called for 1 mile wu/cd with 3 miles of strides on the straight and jog the bends. Had an early morning PT session that focused on leg strength and core. Was very tough and decided to swap the sessions around and do tomorrow's 5 miles easy today instead.

Had some D4 burd down in our office today for a meeting, towards the end we engaged in a little idle chit chat during which she volunteered that her husband was a former. "Sorry says I, I didn't catch that, he's a former wha?", she looked suspiciously at me and just said it louder, "A FORMER"!!!

"Hah", I said slightly bewildered. "Ah Jesus" said my colleague sitting beside me (he's obviously a more sophisticated bogger than me), "he works on a farm, he's a faarmer) Q a discussion for the terrible farming weather :)

Got 5.17 miles done in the pissing rain around the muddy pitches in Dangan.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Was it Rachel Allen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

some D4 burd

You're reading ultraman1's log too much :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭MaggotBrain

Once met two D4ettes who claimed to have met in a crash together. Took a long time to realise they meant a creche!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Once met two D4ettes who claimed to have met in a crash together. Took a long time to realise they meant a creche!

That used to be a favourite of mine:

What do they call a creche in Blackrock?

A car accident

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Brilliant! You should read some Ross O Carroll Kelly & learn the lingo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Great to see you back at the squash! It's unreal how achy the body can be after it at first when you've been away even doing other activities. Totally different muscles! Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Hows the form tbl? All the injuries out of the way?

You still using the same coach for this training cycle??

Hows the form tbl? All the injuries out of the way?

You still using the same coach for this training cycle??

Hey A,

Good to see you're still alive, I see you've been blasting out some impressive fast times. You've come along really well, joining the club seems to have been a big benefit.

Yep, still with Ecoli and have big plans for an Oct/Nov marathon.

Going to train towards a 2.55, seems like a big ask at the moment but I'm prepared to put in the graft.

Injuries were completely head melting and the foot needs constant management/monitoring but looks like I should finally now be able to get stuck into a decent cycle/plan.

Be nice to catch up soon (you could take me instead of the dog on one of your recovery runs :) )

TbL

Today: plan called for 1 mile wu/cd and 3 miles of strides on the straight with jog recovery on the bends.

Didn't fancy doing this on the track so headed up to the pitches in Dangan, all the slop and puddles from yesterday had dried up and after getting a nice and easy mile warm up I hit the gravel track around the "frisbee" pitch.

Wanted to concentrate on running form for this session rather than going full pelt. Set the Garmin to "pace" so I'd have a rough idea of where I was at. The first one or two were in around low 6 min pace and thereafter they were mainly around 5.40, some drifting down to 5.30's and others up to 5.50's. The last half mile I brought the pace down as the arse was starting to swing and the running form was faltering. Finished with a slow mile cd.

Nice to finally get some "speed" work in and it's a step in the right direction.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

You're not going to tell us you never saw a "frisbee" until now, are you??? ;)

...and Tang will be so disappointed to see you're moving on to AMK....

annapr wrote: »
    You're not going to tell us you never saw a "frisbee" until now, are you??? ;)

...and Tang will be so disappointed to see you're moving on to AMK....

He held hands with AMK long before he moved into me Anna!! Anyway i better go run this 5k race, fingers crossed for a good result!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

He held hands with AMK long before he moved into me Anna!! Anyway i better go run this 5k race, fingers crossed for a good result!!

suggest you edit this one quickly, B! and good luck with the 5k!

Jesus A, you're getting as puerile as the rest of us :)

Yep AMK was the original flame but his head was turned by a previous poster here, CianC!

I've certainly seen a frisbee before but I've never seen a frisbee "team" training until last April when I was jogging around the pitch laughing my ass of at the college kids practicing their "sport" in the pissing rain :)

Best of luck tonight Tang

TbL

Today: auld dog new tricks!!!

I'll do almost anything to hit a sub 3 on this cycle so with that in mind and leaving my preconceived notions in the shoe closet, I had a one on one yoga class after work today. First impressions had me a bit auld man nervous, joss sticks, incense and flowery music!! Soon I didn't have time to think about it as she went into it hell for leather. God dam tough and almost dribbled down my leg trying to get one "warrior" pose right! I almost enjoyed it and I'd say if I stick at it, it'll prove beneficial. The krusty bit at the end wouldn't be for me though!!

Thought I'd get 5 miles steady done today, but coach canned that idea and I was glad he did as I was sluggish and lethargic around the pitches in Dangan.

Got 5 tired easy miles in @ 8.42.

Namaste.

TbL

as she went into it hell for leather almost dribbled down my leg trying to get one "warrior" pose right!

Sounds like a few lines from a Connemara version of '50 Shades of TbL' C!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,438 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Don't know much about yoga but if it's anything like pilates (which I think is probably just a less flowery/krusty version of yoga) I'd never do much more than an easy run after a session. Fair play, it's good to try something new and yoga is on my list, will probably do a bikram session for the craic one of these days.

What's the plan for Oct/Nov? Frankfurt?

Murph_D wrote: »
    Don't know much about yoga but if it's anything like pilates (which I think is probably just a less flowery/krusty version of yoga) I'd never do much more than an easy run after a session. Fair play, it's good to try something new and yoga is on my list, will probably do a bikram session for the craic one of these days.

What's the plan for Oct/Nov? Frankfurt?

Hey Murph,

I've entered Valencia on the 15th Nov but PaulieYifter put a spanner in the works and it now looks likely that I'll enter San Sebastian on the 29th Nov.

I'll see how I'm going at the end of October, hedge my bets, and if the form is good I'll race Valencia and hold Paulies hand over the weekend in SS and jog the marathon.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

What was the spanner TbL?

I am doing a few halfs in the summer/autumn and I was loosely planning to run Valencia If I can go sub 1:25 in September (athlone or Charleville). I am pacing Dublin so Valencia being 3 weeks after seemed perfect.

menoscemo wrote: »
    What was the spanner TbL?

I am doing a few halfs in the summer/autumn and I was loosely planning to run Valencia If I can go sub 1:25 in September (athlone or Charleville). I am pacing Dublin so Valencia being 3 weeks after seemed perfect.

Hey Meno,

I'd been asking Paulie to do SS as its fast and flat and he'd done it before. He was non committal as it was a bit early so I nailed my colours to the mast and entered Valencia last Saturday. Paulie contacted me early on Monday having entered SS and booked flights/hotel and asked me was I doing it. Not so much a spanner as a dilemma.

I really like Valencia, really well organised, PB course and a nice finishing area. I done it 3 or 4 times but still very tempted to go back as I always seem to run well. It'd be cool if you were doing it too

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

I really like Valencia, really well organised, PB course and a nice finishing area. I done it 3 or 4 times but still very tempted to go back as I always seem to run well. It'd be cool if you were doing it too

Oh great, we can all have a weekend away. I've never been to Valencia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Hey Meno,

I'd been asking Paulie to do SS as its fast and flat and he'd done it before. He was non committal as it was a bit early so I nailed my colours to the mast and entered Valencia last Saturday. Paulie contacted me early on Monday having entered SS and booked flights/hotel and asked me was I doing it. Not so much a spanner as a dilemma.

TbL

Cool, I am not committing to another marathon until I have the results to give me a decent shot at a sub 3 (specifically a sub 1:25 half), then I plan to give myself 10 weeks or so to train for it.

Sure lets see how it goes and then we can decide. SS sounds good too (never been there).

Advertisement