Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Had a bit of a setback and aggravated the foot again after the 30 min run last week.

Took a days rest and on Friday I did 2 miles very slow around Salthill prom and directly after the run I added to the water pollution in Galway Bay by having a quick swim in "ladies beach". 'Twas mickey shrinking cold :)

Took another day off on Saturday and ran 36 minutes on Sunday, my longest run to date.

Was in Paris on Monday and London yesterday and didn't get an opportunity to get out for a run.

Today, I wasn't feeling the love at all, feel like I'm falling apart bit by bit, need my eyesight tested and spent 2 hours in the dentists chair. Niggles real and imaginary are flaring up. The only part of me that seems to be regenerating is my belly, (one of the lads at work asked me was I putting on some pud!!!) so I decided to hit the UCG pitches around Dangan and attempt a 4 miler Nursing Home Special. My cardio is so bad it felt more like the Last Rites shuffle! Managed 4.7miles in 41.22. Foot felt ok, big test will be if I can run comfortably tomorrow

Listening to the song below to try and resurrect some love. When this song was doing the rounds most of ye weren't even born and big hair and big flares were cool :)

http://youtu.be/C2q2bis6eLE

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Fingers crossed for tomorrow TBL - you'll just need to be patient, hard as that must be.

confession: not only was I around for that song, I was well out of the cradle (10) :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

My auld fella hadn't a thought about me back then,t plus 2 years before i came along. Say you moved like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever in your day TbL, afro the whole lot!!

kit3 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed for tomorrow TBL - you'll just need to be patient, hard as that must be.

confession: not only was I around for that song, I was well out of the cradle (10) :o

Tnx Kit,

Sure I had a picture of the bold Donna on my wall when I was 11 !

But at least it was music not that techno-bungalow noise that the likes of Duannington and the young wans of today are listening to :)

TbL

tang1 wrote: »
    My auld fella hadn't a thought about me back then,t plus 2 years before i came along. Say you moved like Travolta in Saturday Night Fever in your day TbL, afro the whole lot!!

I'll teach you some of the moves after our first running date Tang ;) Sure wouldn't you give your right arm for an afro!!

Back then I used to sing "staying alive", now "staying alive" is my mission :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Duanington

Tnx Kit,

Sure I had a picture of the bold Donna on my wall when I was 11 !

But at least it was music not that techno-bungalow noise that the likes of Duannington and the young wans of today are listening to :)

TbL

You mean this rubbish TbL?

Duanington wrote: »
    You mean this rubbish TbL?

Exactly DD.

Sacrilegious!!

It was said that Donna Summer didn't sing she fcuked your ears, that dross just fcuks your ears :)

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Exactly DD.

Sacrilegious!!

It was said that Donna Summer didn't sing she fcuked your ears, that dross just fcuks your ears :)

TbL

See you made a guest appearence in the song TbL, Fatboy Slim!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Had a bit of a setback and aggravated the foot again after the 30 min run last week.

Took a days rest and on Friday I did 2 miles very slow around Salthill prom and directly after the run I added to the water pollution in Galway Bay by having a quick swim in "ladies beach". 'Twas mickey shrinking cold :)

Took another day off on Saturday and ran 36 minutes on Sunday, my longest run to date.

Was in Paris on Monday and London yesterday and didn't get an opportunity to get out for a run.

Today, I wasn't feeling the love at all, feel like I'm falling apart bit by bit, need my eyesight tested and spent 2 hours in the dentists chair. Niggles real and imaginary are flaring up. The only part of me that seems to be regenerating is my belly, (one of the lads at work asked me was I putting on some pud!!!) so I decided to hit the UCG pitches around Dangan and attempt a 4 miler Nursing Home Special. My cardio is so bad it felt more like the Last Rites shuffle! Managed 4.7miles in 41.22. Foot felt ok, big test will be if I can run comfortably tomorrow

Listening to the song below to try and resurrect some love. When this song was doing the rounds most of ye weren't even born and big hair and big flares were cool :)

http://youtu.be/C2q2bis6eLE

TbL

Dentist is not the best place to get your eyes tested...IMHO

Good to see you back out for an NHS and listening to quality tunes along the way. Hopefully you managed a few comfortable miles today as well and maybe dig out the soundtrack to The Full Monty for trip :cool:

Feel like an ultra runner today! 10 miles in two days! It's amazing how a slow 5.37 mile plod can leave one feeling fantastic.

Headed up into Seanadh Pheistin early this morning for this. Despite the glorious sunshine I was a little apprehensive about this planned 5 miler as I haven't been able to run comfortably two days in a row for weeks.

What a glorious day, I even decided to run without the t shirt. The last time I did this in 2012 a road side caravan dwelling young lad pointed at me and turned to his friends and said "jasus lads look at the knockers on that lad" :) So every time a car passed me I made a concerted effort to suck in the gut!!

Managed 5.37 miles in 52 min 14 secs, pace was slower than yesterday but today was all about getting through it and time on feet.

No immediate complaints from the foot but on the downside the left knee doesn't seem to be getting any better.

All considered very happy

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Wen u get to our age,its the only thing u can do two days in a row....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Feel like an ultra runner today! 10 miles in two days! It's amazing how a slow 5.37 mile plod can leave one feeling fantastic.

Headed up into Seanadh Pheistin early this morning for this. Despite the glorious sunshine I was a little apprehensive about this planned 5 miler as I haven't been able to run comfortably two days in a row for weeks.

What a glorious day, I even decided to run without the t shirt. The last time I did this in 2012 a road side caravan dwelling young lad pointed at me and turned to his friends and said "jasus lads look at the knockers on that lad" :) So every time a car passed me I made a concerted effort to suck in the gut!!

Managed 5.37 miles in 52 min 14 secs, pace was slower than yesterday but today was all about getting through it and time on feet.

No immediate complaints from the foot but on the downside the left knee doesn't seem to be getting any better.

All considered very happy

TbL

Jaysus you will be bare knuckle boxing next!!!!!!

SamforMayo wrote: »
    Jaysus you will be bare knuckle boxing next!!!!!!

Yeah I'd say it will be a toss up between that and Sumo :)

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Yeah I'd say it will be a toss up between that and Sumo :)

The injury break hasn't been good for me :)

TbL

TbL

Look on the bright side, at least you are looking younger ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

TbL

You look ready to take on Klitschko. I hope those boxing classes have been working out :)

menoscemo wrote: »
    You look ready to take on Klitschko. I hope those boxing classes have been working out :)

Hey Meno, I'm the people's heavyweight champion!

Was advised to stop the boxing as it could be one of the reasons the knee is still sore.

Was pretty pissed off as I was really starting to enjoy it (unbelievable cardio workout) and a lad from a Connemara boxing club was going to do some work with me. Once the knee is sorted I'll definetly go back to it.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Have they banned you from the pool then? Would be good for knee.

aquinn wrote: »
    Have they banned you from the pool then? Would be good for knee.

I'd say that they have probably forgotten the snot inflatable at this stage Aquinn ;)

You're right and I need to try and get back into it, I'm a poor swimmer and it's hard to get into the pool with the weather being so good. I've been in the sea more than the pool recently but it's more a very quick dip rather than swimming. Should make more of an effort.

TbL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I'd say that they have probably forgotten the snot inflatable at this stage Aquinn ;)

You're right and I need to try and get back into it, I'm a poor swimmer and it's hard to get into the pool with the weather being so good. I've been in the sea more than the pool recently but it's more a very quick dip rather than swimming. Should make more of an effort.

TbL

Yep you should, can you jog there & back? It really is great for giving the ole creaky muscles a nice soothing workout. I use the wall at the end for some great stretches too :)

• Advertisement

3.1 miles today in just over 30 mins.
    Third straight day running so happy with that.

Got a massage after work today and the ligaments in the foot were very tender and a bit inflamed but she said it had come on in leaps and bounds.

Got a plan for the next few weeks from Ecoli and it's great to be back in a cycle even if the next few weeks is mainly building up easy miles with the tempo stuff been done for now on the cross trainer. Plan now is to target an Octoher/November sub 3 marathon. Coach not entirely convinced about the Achill half but we'll see how I progress.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

3.1 miles today in just over 30 mins.
    Third straight day running so happy with that.

Got a massage after work today and the ligaments in the foot were very tender and a bit inflamed but she said it had come on in leaps and bounds.

Got a plan for the next few weeks from Ecoli and it's great to be back in a cycle even if the next few weeks is mainly building up easy miles with the tempo stuff been done for now on the cross trainer. Plan now is to target an Octoher/November sub 3 marathon. Coach not entirely convinced about the Achill half but we'll see how I progress.

TbL

Great stuff TBL - progressing nicely - listen to the coach & you'll be fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I might be pacing somewhere from 4:10 to 4:40 in Dublin if that's any use. :pac:

Murph_D wrote: »
    I might be pacing somewhere from 4:10 to 4:40 in Dublin if that's any use. :pac:

Very funny pineapple arse ;)

Is that the half they have you pacing!!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Just checking in here...haven't been on line much but now the nursing home finally got wifi!

Good to see you back on your feet again...expecting great things.

Ferris B wrote: »
    Just checking in here...haven't been on line much but now the nursing home finally got wifi!

Good to see you back on your feet again...expecting great things.

Hey C,

How are things, you're not logging are you running much, I see from FBOTs log that you're out on the odd jaunt with him (are your ears injured :) )

Any targets or are you just tipping along?

We'll have to hook up for a shuffle on a zimmer frame made for two!

All the best

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Hey C,

How are things, you're not logging are you running much, I see from FBOTs log that you're out on the odd jaunt with him (are your ears injured :) )

Any targets or are you just tipping along?

We'll have to hook up for a shuffle on a zimmer frame made for two!

All the best

TbL

Getting in about 30 miles a week on a semi structured plan. Have been taking in the odd park run...managed to hit 19:24 last week (Though still 1 min off pre stent pb). Will try to take in some of the pre DCM race series. 5m, 10k, 10m and maybe half...

When are you coming up for a parkrun shuffle? I'm sure we could arrange a few sheep to make you feel at home:D

Was to attempt my "long run" today, 6.5 miles in about an hour.

Was gonna do it this morning but was been eaten alive out in the garden by small cannibals otherwise known as midgets by the Connys (midges!). Decided to put the run off till this evening and headed off over Seanadh Pheistin in glorious sunshine.

Found the whole thing a bit of a struggle, decided to try and test the auld Diesel engine and do a "fast" mile. Took advantage of a good downhill and my recently acquired belly overhang to get some forward momentum going and try and do a sub 8 min mile. Felt like I was running through jam and was all over the place finishing it in 7.54! Felt worse than some of last nights beer milers looked :)

Got 6.51 miles done in 58.34.

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

Was to attempt my "long run" today, 6.5 miles in about an hour.

Was gonna do it this morning but was been eaten alive out in the garden by small cannibals otherwise known as midgets by the Connys (midges!). Decided to put the run off till this evening and headed off over Seanadh Pheistin in glorious sunshine.

Found the whole thing a bit of a struggle, decided to try and test the auld Diesel engine and do a "fast" mile. Took advantage of a good downhill and my recently acquired belly overhang to get some forward momentum going and try and do a sub 8 min mile. Felt like I was running through jam and was all over the place finishing it in 7.54! Felt worse than some of last nights beer milers looked :)

Got 6.51 miles done in 58.34.

TbL

Great to see you're making progress again, would love to be running 6.5 miles. Seanadh Phéistín was indeed glorious today, pity about the new road surface - for the cyclists, at least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

Plan = 6.5 miles in about an hour
    Actual = 6.51 miles in 58:34

Result = Success

Glad to hear no mention of soreness/aches ect. Don't be throwing in random tests off the cuff until you get go ahead from physio/coach.
    Who am I to be giving advice to you, I'll get my coat :D

Advertisement