Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

What happened to the swimming???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

What happened to the swimming???

Still in the plan CM, was in the pool at the weekend and left a string of snot the length of the dividing rope, almost cleared the pool :)

I'll go back this week when there's a different lifeguard on duty!

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Jesus, which pool? Was going to start swimming but am not so keen now.

aquinn wrote: »
    Jesus, which pool? Was going to start swimming but am not so keen now.

A hotel pool/gym in Galway, you should be safe enough aquinn unlike the kids who thought it was a novelty pool inflatable :)

TbL

A hotel pool/gym in Galway, you should be safe enough aquinn unlike the kids who thought it was a novelty pool inflatable :)

TbL

Oh how gross but so relieved it's in Galway.

• Advertisement

Oh how gross .

Ya could you not have stuck a handkerchief in your speedos ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Ya could you not have stuck a handkerchief in your speedos ;)

Yuck - trying to get the image of a big lumpy soggy mess out of my mind.........

I mean the wet tissue now TBL & not yourself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Still in the plan CM, was in the pool at the weekend and left a string of snot the length of the dividing rope, almost cleared the pool :)

I'll go back this week when there's a different lifeguard on duty!

TbL

omg... I've no idea what you look like and now have a picture of hammer toes, strings of snot and SPEEDOS! - its not the most flattering picture to be painting :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Firedance wrote: »
    omg... I've no idea what you look like and now have a picture of hammer toes, strings of snot and SPEEDOS! - its not the most flattering picture to be painting :D:D

But pretty accurate :D

If I'd patients I'd be a doctor, but I've got no patience and the novelty of trying other things during this enforced no running period is starting to drive me and the clan cracked!

Was in Zurich during the week with work and am in Knockvicar, near Lough Key for the long weekend with the clan so have had limited access to gyms and pool.

Had to buy hand wraps for my hands when using the punch bag as they were getting painful without them. Had a kick boxer give me some pointers on technique and got a couple of good sessions done. Arms, hips, neck and shoulders ache after a session on the bag and I enjoy it but am very conscious when doing it in front of the meat heads in the gym! Bought a free standing punch bag for the house as Mrs TbL was starting to visibly bruise :)

This week:

3 x heavy bag sessions

2 x gym bike tempo sessions

1 x foam rolling session

1 x swimming/drowning session

Toe yoga Olympics!

I'm seeing runners everywhere and I've gone from serene to begrudgery, even reading logs now has me cursing ye :)

Hope to improve next week and get some cardio in every day next week.

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Just keep taking out your frustration on that punch bag!

Your near a bloody Lough. Get out there and do some swimming :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,447 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Did you get yourself a set of these yet?

YogaToes_sapphire_blue__95000.1409187328.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

I detest runners, I see them everywhere ambling, plodding and racing along! As you can see my injury enforced sabbatical is starting to effect my capacity for reasonableness.

Did feck all, all week except feel sorry for myself, as I was very busy with work.

Had my first proper strength and conditioning session early this morning and it was hard work. In summary I'm as heavy and as flexible as an auld rusty anchor. Got some decent upper and lower body exercises to do, that should pay off when I get back running.

She did a body fat analysis: 15% readout from the machine and 25% with calipers. She said the machine was more accurate than the plastic calipers she was using but I reckon the calipers are probably telling me what I already know! In any event both readings mean I have work to do and I'm hoping to turn my OCD like behaviour to getting this down to a reasonable level.

Enjoy yer running, feckers :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I detest runners, I see them everywhere ambling, plodding and racing along! As you can see my injury enforced sabbatical is starting to effect my capacity for reasonableness.

Did feck all, all week except feel sorry for myself, as I was very busy with work.

Had my first proper strength and conditioning session early this morning and it was hard work. In summary I'm as heavy and as flexible as an auld rusty anchor. Got some decent upper and lower body exercises to do, that should pay off when I get back running.

She did a body fat analysis: 15% readout from the machine and 25% with calipers. She said the machine was more accurate than the plastic calipers she was using but I reckon the calipers are probably telling me what I already know! In any event both readings mean I have work to do and I'm hoping to turn my OCD like behaviour to getting this down to a reasonable level.

Enjoy yer running, feckers :)

TbL

I hate runners too for what it's worth.

What's the story with strength as conditioning? Injury prevention or performance improvement?

Gavlor wrote: »
    I hate runners too for what it's worth.

What's the story with strength as conditioning? Injury prevention or performance improvement?

Good to see you back Gavlor, you seem to have your very own Gillian McKeith, with Kit going through your log ;)

Bit of both, injuries and niggles not been helped by poor form and and I'm also trying to do anything that will improve performance (maybe grasping at straws!)

TBL

How's the swimming going for you? Just as you failed to mention it, again :D

How's the swimming going for you? Just as you failed to mention it, again :D

and the boxing ??

Good to see you back Gavlor, you seem to have your very own Gillian McKeith, with Kit going through your log ;)

Bit of both, injuries and niggles not been helped by poor form and and I'm also trying to do anything that will improve performance (maybe grasping at straws!)

TBL

Ok, I'm not even going to pretend that I know what that means (& not sure I really want to). In case you're worried though I can assure you that Gavor (& his log) are perfectly safe although I should probably have spent less time bantering* last night & more time concentrating on my crochet.

* Getting really paranoid now, nearly said fecking around, then ar$eing around & thought - what on earth is safe to say here :rolleyes:

kit3 wrote: »
    Ok, I'm not even going to pretend that I know what that means (& not sure I really want to). In case you're worried though I can assure you that Gavor (& his log) are perfectly safe although I should probably have spent less time bantering* last night & more time concentrating on my crochet.

* Getting really paranoid now, nearly said fecking around, then ar$eing around & thought - what on earth is safe to say here :rolleyes:

Hey Kit, don't be getting paranoid, you seem to be well able to handle the banter! It's only fun if all parties can give and take it and it's not offensive (crude and puerile is another story :) )

There is great serious advice to be found in this forum but a bit of lively banter amount forum members also keeps it interesting.

Fire away :)

TbL

• Advertisement

Hey Kit, don't be getting paranoid, you seem to be well able to handle the banter! It's only fun if all parties can give and take it and it's not offensive (crude and puerile is another story :) )

There is great serious advice to be found in this forum but a bit of lively banter amount forum members also keeps it interesting.

Fire away :)

TbL

Jaysus TBL, just when it was getting clean you have to go talking about giving & taking ffs..............I'm an old hand at banter - grew up with it & can see it coming out in my own kids now (not the crude & puerile stuff yet of course ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

I hear ya. Out injured for the last 1 1/2 wk and haven't a clue how long more, don't even know what's wrong with me. So I hate seeing people out on the Ring Road tipping away - I feel the world should stop running until I can start running again! When my OH was moaning about getting up early to do the "Dark into Light" run, she was getting little sympathy from me!!

How goes it TBL ? How's the foot coming along

Hey Kit,

How are things? Hope your youngest is recovering after the ordeal with the dog.

I'm slipping into a state of running abstinence insanity! I can't remember ever feeling so stiff and immobile and OLD!! Running is the elixir of youth and I need to get back to it or God forbid I could end up looking like Murph :)

I'm starting to look/feel like Bowie in:

http://youtu.be/dOy7vPwEtCw

I also got tendinitis in my knee from squats but the physio thinks we caught it in time and it should clear up reasonably quickly.

The foot is getting better day by day and if I get through some exercises the physio gave, me pain free, I'm hoping to start back running in 10 days and I plan to run/jog the Achill half in early July.

I'm off to source a good anti wrinkle cream!

Have a good weekend

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

I was only thinking the same thing myself earlier. Hope you're back out there soon.

laura_ac3 wrote:
    I was only thinking the same thing myself earlier. Hope you're back out there soon.

Me too as was expecting a weekly summary today of all the boxing and swimming? 10 days not bad going and to have a goal race, great to see.

laura_ac3 wrote: »

Tnx, I hope you're enjoying the squash (and the running) :)
    Me too as was expecting a weekly summary today of all the boxing and swimming? 10 days not bad going and to have a goal race, great to see.

Tnx aquinn, Spent a fair few quid on a free standing punch bag and was doing that and a small bit on the cross trainer but when I got the pain in the knees, I got a bit paranoid and stopped everything except chin ups. I was told to do some aqua jogging but I'm in Milan and Athens next week so I'll get feck all done but hopefully I'll be back running shortly after that! Can't wait.

TbL

Hey Kit,

How are things? Hope your youngest is recovering after the ordeal with the dog.

I'm slipping into a state of running abstinence insanity! I can't remember ever feeling so stiff and immobile and OLD!! Running is the elixir of youth and I need to get back to it or God forbid I could end up looking like Murph :)

I'm starting to look/feel like Bowie in:

http://youtu.be/dOy7vPwEtCw

I also got tendinitis in my knee from squats but the physio thinks we caught it in time and it should clear up reasonably quickly.

The foot is getting better day by day and if I get through some exercises the physio gave, me pain free, I'm hoping to start back running in 10 days and I plan to run/jog the Achill half in early July.

I'm off to source a good anti wrinkle cream!

Have a good weekend

TbL

She's doing fine, thanks (world war 3 could quite well break out about how the dog is dealt with though but that's another story :mad:). Good to hear you have plans - Achill is one of my very favourite places - I spend the summer there but won't be around when the half is on - you'll love it, tough but spectacular :) . Nothing like not running to do your head in though - hope you're back on the road(s) soon again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Tnx, I hope you're enjoying the squash (and the running) :)

Tnx aquinn, Spent a fair few quid on a free standing punch bag and was doing that and a small bit on the cross trainer but when I got the pain in the knees, I got a bit paranoid and stopped everything except chin ups. I was told to do some aqua jogging but I'm in Milan and Athens next week so I'll get feck all done but hopefully I'll be back running shortly after that! Can't wait.

TbL

Loving the squash at the minute, on a good run of playing. Takes up a day running which isn't great but it'll work the other way again where we won't get to play for a few weeks. Swings and roundabouts.

• Advertisement

7 out of 10 days, still ok to start running? I hope so.

Advertisement