Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Boggers Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭SamforMayo

Good man, great news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Good to see you back at it Chief, slowly does it, it'll come back to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Happy days! lol on the young wans get up, shocking it is :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Nice one C. Great to see things starting to move for you. Make sure you take it handy on the way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Hopefully Ger, I'll gladly take slow and easy (as long as it's running not walking!) over the next few weeks. Have you another target marathon in mind?

TbL[/QUOTE]

Yes. Frankfurt dependent on work else its Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭laura_ac3

Good to see things are looking up! Keep the faith, and the logging!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I suspect you know this already, TbL, because you are a sophisticated enough bogger with plenty of experience of the big smoke and beyond. There never were, and probably never will be, ANY decent bars on Stephen's Green. The geography is just all wrong.

Well done on the canal run. But be careful. You're only old once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Today: 3.11 very slow easy miles @ 9.27.

Did this around the UCG grass pitches in Dangan, foot was a little more uncomfortable today but I suppose that's to be expected after yesterday's jaunt.

Seeing the physio tonight and if I get the all clear, I'm gonna aim for the 10 mile Simon run in Salthill on the 28th June and the Achill half on 4th July.

Reading all about Al Sal on the athletics forum and the benefits to performance from testosterone. Since my coach doesn't condone that sorta stuff I've teamed up with the local vet (we've agreed to share all my future prize money!) and he's going to start injecting me with micro doses of blood from the parish prize bull :)

Expect to see some incredible racing on here later on in the season, but in the mean time I'll have to start going through my little black book to get a few running dates lined up. They'll initially have to be very slow though, stand by your phone Murph ;)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Did this around the UCG grass pitches in Dangan, foot was a little more uncomfortable today but I suppose that's to be expected after yesterday's jaunt.

Seeing the physio tonight and if I get the all clear, I'm gonna aim for the 10 mile Simon run in Salthill on the 28th June and the Achill half on 4th July.

Reading all about Al Sal on the athletics forum and the benefits to performance from testosterone. Since my coach doesn't condone that sorta stuff I've teamed up with the local vet (we've agreed to share all my future prize money!) and he's going to start injecting me with micro doses of blood from the parish prize bull :)

Expect to see some incredible racing on here later on in the season, but in the mean time I'll have to start going through my little black book to get a few running dates lined up. They'll initially have to be very slow though, stand by your phone Murph ;)

TbL

Something tells me you might find it difficult to line up some running dates after that revelation about the parish bull - hope you warned the missus :P

Hes really hoping he develops a pair of balls like this lad with the injections!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

tang1 wrote: »
    Hes really hoping he develops a pair of balls like this lad with the injections!!

I dont want to know what you put into google to find that image! :-D

Firedance wrote: »
    I dont want to know what you put into google to find that image! :-D

TbL's description - Bull with big testicles!!

The anticipation! I've already checked the phone a dozen times today just to make sure it's getting a signal. Seriously, happy to hook up anytime you're in the capital, whether it's running, walk/running or even walk/walking. No Dublin biking though. Too dangerous!

I don't know TBL - wouldn't that be a lot of extra weight to be carrying around ?

kit3 wrote: »
    I don't know TBL - wouldn't that be a lot of extra weight to be carrying around ?

Maybe Kit, but it'd surely be a great core workout.

Think I'd end up spending a fortune in anti chafing body glide though :)

TbL

Murph_D wrote: »
    The anticipation! I've already checked the phone a dozen times today just to make sure it's getting a signal. Seriously, happy to hook up anytime you're in the capital, whether it's running, walk/running or even walk/walking. No Dublin biking though. Too dangerous!

Murph, you could bring him circuit training......a bit of run/walking with exercise stations at The Yacht, Smyth's, Gaffney's, Meagher's, Kavanagh's, Grainger's and finishing off in Harry's. Yaboya would definitely join in and you never know Ferris and I could be tempted too.:D

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Murph, you could bring him circuit training......a bit of run/walking with exercise stations at The Yacht, Smyth's, Gaffney's, Meagher's, Kavanagh's, Grainger's and finishing off in Harry's. Yaboya would definitely join in and you never know Ferris and I could be tempted too.:D

Ah, now that's a workout I can get excited about!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭career move

Is aiming for a 10 mile race in less than 4 weeks a bit ambitious?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I was going to say the same thing, and a half a week later? But I didn't want to put a downer on all this bollo**s talk that's been going on.

adrian522 wrote: »
    I was going to say the same thing, and a half a week later? But I didn't want to put a downer on all this bollo**s talk that's been going on.

:) it takes a woman to talk sense :)

The bollo^*s talk was just a sneaky decoy ;)

• Advertisement

Adrian is right - a 'downer' might cancel the vets fee ;)

Actually, maybe you could help him out Career move ??

Adrian is right - a 'downer' might cancel the vets fee ;)

Actually, maybe you could help him out Career move ??

Ha no bother. I do castrations at a very reasonable rate :D

Now TBL - see what we do for you - after this your running woes will be nothing. What a roller coaster - from Johnny big balls to castration all in an afternoon :cool:

Now TBL - see what we do for you - after this your running woes will be nothing. What a roller coaster - from Johnny big balls to castration all in an afternoon :cool:

Yep from TbL to TbE (the bitter eunuch :)) in the space of a few hours!

Thanks Madame Dora, but if I ever get the snip it'll be done by a registered medical professional not a wannabe Tri-fairy :)

Your point re the 10 miler might have more merit however! I've been given more toe exercises to do to try and get the toes to "land" properly when my foot hits the ground and I'm not out of the injury woods just yet. Been told to build it up slowly and carefully monitor for swelling etc. if it continues to improve like it has recently, I don't see any reason why I can't jog at least the 10 miler.

Anyway the physio and Ecoli should save me from myself if required!

TbE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

Nice to see this log back up and running (pun intended) and back to its usual random self :D.

Yep from TbL to TbE (the bitter eunuch :)) in the space of a few hours!

Thanks Madame Dora, but if I ever get the snip it'll be done by a registered medical professional not a wannabe Tri-fairy :)

Your point re the 10 miler might have more merit however! I've been given more toe exercises to do to try and get the toes to "land" properly when my foot hits the ground and I'm not out of the injury woods just yet. Been told to build it up slowly and carefully monitor for swelling etc. if it continues to improve like it has recently, I don't see any reason why I can't jog at least the 10 miler.

Anyway the physio and Ecoli should save me from myself if required!

TbE

Straight back to the boll*x talk I see. The wannabe Tri-fairy didn't keep you down for long......you just can't help yourself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

TbL

Been out of circulation for a little while so just catching up now.

Glad to hear you're coming to Achill. I will probably be pacing somewhere between 1:40-1:50 so I'll see you there, though that's yet to be confirmed.
    And when are you coming up to the Westport parkrun?
    Running dates are always available in this part of the world too.
    Good luck with the recovery.

snailsong wrote: »

He only likes to fraternise with the big city boys, makes him feel big, country bumpkins are of zero interest to him!! I'm only off the main Dublin-Galway motorway TbL, if your ever stuck traveling back West.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

He only likes to fraternise with the big city boys, makes him feel big, country bumpkins are of zero interest to him!! I'm only off the main Dublin-Galway motorway TbL, if your ever stuck traveling back West.

We like to think of ourselves as very cosmopolitan in Westport though. Always something of interest to the discerning bogger and family.

• Advertisement

snailsong wrote: »
    Been out of circulation for a little while so just catching up now.

Glad to hear you're coming to Achill. I will probably be pacing somewhere between 1:40-1:50 so I'll see you there, though that's yet to be confirmed.
    And when are you coming up to the Westport parkrun?
    Good luck with the recovery.

Tnx P,

Hopefully Achill still on for me. I'd need to have an 80 min or 10 mile run in the bank and if so I'll see you there. If you're pacing 1.50 I might be able to tag along for a while.

TBL

Advertisement