Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced Broadband Speeds in Tramore

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

DaveC85 wrote: »
    I went through the usual tech support channels but I've been onto them on a near second day basis.

I also explained to them that I understood that it might not be cost effective for them to repair the exchange but at the same time it wouldn't be cost effective for me to pay 100% of the service charge when i'm getting at best 10% of the service at the time when its of actual use to me.

I didn't lose my cool with the rep at all cause at the end of the day that person can't push a button to make it better,the guy understood that it's incredibly annoying and the discount was a good will gesture. It won't fix the problem or make me not want to smash the router to pieces at the best of times but at least I won't be completely paying for a poor service.

Did they openly acknowledge that there were problems that wont be fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Have got definite confirmation from isp about problem in the exchange, no one has any idea if its weeks, months or years to rectify.
    Don't believe a word out of any company now ( I don't mean the guy in the call centre )
    Why does it take at least 20 phone calls and 4 Eircom engineer visits to find out that its a problem they should be well aware off ,
    Time for a folllow up complaint to comreg I think
    How an entire town be held to ransom by a dud exchange and everyone denies it , good thing there's no jobs in tramore , oh I wonder why

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

Efibre map now march 2014 for tramore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

I've just been posting about this on another thread, ye should try Total Wireless, I'm on the outskirts of Tramore, I'm getting 7Mb down and 0.75Mb up, ping 45ms and I don't have to pay for a phoneline. It costs me €30 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭DaveC85

Just noticed that actually there Joe and I'm sick. 2 days ago it was still saying we were due fibre in Feb. Thats some bull****.

Rasper the cost to repair the exchange is too great for them. When you think of it 90% of tramore haven't a clue what package their on or how fast they should get down the line. They don't know that the speeds drop,most of them will blame the computer and even if they do ring support,they'll be spoon fed the same excuse's we've been given only they won't know its crap.

I'm going to look into that totalwireless crowd and see whats going on with them but all in all i'll more than likely stick it out till march. But by christ eircom will know my dissatisfaction and be short a couple of quid on the bill.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I could have sworn fibre was March 2014 originally, than a Voda rep said February and indeed the site confirmed as such. Unbelievable we have to get these shocking speeds until March because they won't roll out fibre quicker or fix the exchange. Disappointing.

How much for the install or equipment/contract with total wireless crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

rasper wrote: »
    How much for the install or equipment/contract with total wireless crowd

120 install + 30 for the 1st month and 30 a month after that, but if u want wifi u will need to purchase a router which is another 30

120 install + 30 for the 1st month and 30 a month after that, but if u want wifi u will need to purchase a router which is another 30

Not bad works out exactly what I
    Pay for DSL broadband inc line rental , won't be changing just yet but not the worst option

eircom notes on my report saying a problem seems to be between the cabinet and exchange, that the cabinet needs a visit from tech and test backwards. As this hasn't been done yet, my complaint has been escalated. UTV tech says my problem sounds like an exchange issue.

Has anybody with UTV got any worthwhile progress on this?

• Advertisement

My father worked in eircom for years and he made some calls for me today to friends in eircom.
    He was told the exchange in tramore is faulty and will not be fixed for at least 1 month that they
    are working on sorting out all the lines that went down in the storms at the moment.
    I phoned eircom tonight and after been asked what modem I was using i went cracked on the phone.
    I have phoned them 3 times in the last week and the next day I get a text to say it has been sorted.

I am going to go back to comreg on Monday to see can they do anything now

Engineer called today and confirmed that there is a problem in the exchange resulting in broadband speeds fluctuating at night time. It's not being fixed. Said he would report back to UTV to confirm this, so I will contact them about it tomorrow/Monday.

In terms of fibre, he didn't know when it was going live but he confirmed that the cables are already there and into the cabinets. The contractors (KN Networks) are working very quickly getting it all sorted - which, to be fair to them, they are. A lot of work is ongoing the past couple of weeks installing cabinets and the power point in various locations (just not in my estate :().

What concerns me is it seems to be official Eircom policy to threaten the customer when calling out , blaming everything inside the house knowing full well that the product sold is misdescribed and unfit for purpose
    I don't want a landline even it was free , I soley want at least 5mb speed and currently my galaxy is faster and cheaper and mobile. Wonder will Eircom exist in 5 years time ,

What concerns me is it seems to be official Eircom policy to threaten the customer when calling out , blaming everything inside the house knowing full well that the product sold is misdescribed and unfit for purpose
    I don't want a landline even it was free , I soley want at least 5mb speed and currently my galaxy is faster and cheaper and mobile. Wonder will Eircom exist in 5 years time ,

The eircom tech didn't come out to me. He just called, asked what the problem was, where I was, when it occurred and said it was an issue affecting the whole of Tramore that's not being fixed at the moment.

Called UTV. Notes of file said line fault cleared. I pushed it again, so they sent it back to eircom for them to look at again.

Called the tech who called me. He said there was a line fault, which he fixed, but he knew it wouldn't fix the problem. He said he can do no more, only send the new fault report back to Broadband in Dublin. Said eircom 'high up' are aware of the problem, but nothing is being done. He doesn't know if fibre will address it. Problem only arises in the evening.

Fuming.

Which proves everyone is been lied to
    wow that's unbelievable.
    and i can see their reasoning behind it, the majority of people wouldnt understand why their internet has slowed down, maybe the less computer savy person would put it down to their own computer.

Which proves everyone is been lied to
    wow that's unbelievable.
    and i can see their reasoning behind it, the majority of people wouldnt understand why their internet has slowed down, maybe the less computer savy person would put it down to their own computer.

That's entirely it. The average person would be convinced its the router,the dsl cable,the filter,the weather,the fact that their house its not facing the right direction or the cat's tail is not pointed in a north north west direction perpendicular to the angle of the sun. Most of those reason's would suffice for a non tech savvy person,who wouldn't think eircom could possibly pull the wool over their eyes.

It's a feckin shambles

That's it in one , the more and more complaints comreg get the better of chance , my isp have been excellent so far but there s nothing they cab really do , have offered to release me from my contract numerous times but I won't

That's it in one , the more and more complaints comreg get the better of chance , my isp have been excellent so far but there s nothing they cab really do , have offered to release me from my contract numerous times but I won't

• Advertisement

Who are you with?

Thats damn fine from whoever your with. Normally that's the noose round your neck with contracted related issues. I'm amazed.

I'm with sky , and I have to say that they have the best customer service I have ever dealt with .
    You can ask and deal with the same person every time , they call you back and its the person you were talking to not someone different , and they based in Dublin , I told they is no way I'd break the contract because their customer service is so good and have also written an email to head of the department
    Couldn't endorse them better

I'm with sky , and I have to say that they have the best customer service I have ever dealt with .
    You can ask and deal with the same person every time , they call you back and its the person you were talking to not someone different , and they based in Dublin , I told they is no way I'd break the contract because their customer service is so good and have also written an email to head of the department
    Couldn't endorse them better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Seems to normal at the moment!

3234587720.png

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3234800151

thats the fastest ive ever seen my internet at.... ill post tomorrow at 7 pm

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3234800151

thats the fastest ive ever seen my internet at.... ill post tomorrow at 7 pm

I can only dream of that speed!!!

My speedtest above is nearly are fast as I've recorded. Might have gotten 2.65 before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

Very slow compared to mine at the minute between Tramore and Fenor

Download - 18.46Mb/s
    Upload - 6.15Mb/s
    Ping - 67 ms

Download - 18.46Mb/s
    Upload - 6.15Mb/s
    Ping - 67 ms

www.speedtest.net/my-result/3235772729

UPC in Fenor.lol

• Advertisement

Download - 18.46Mb/s
    Upload - 6.15Mb/s
    Ping - 67 ms

I am also between Tramore & Fenor but they (any ISP looking for business) tell me my line has a rating of less than 5MBS

I am also intrigued at the UPC reference!!!

Advertisement