Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Go Pro Black for €275, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

i had it in my basket and put it back.....id probably only use it a handful of times and have better things to be spending that sort of money on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

I was eyeing it up as well.
    I think there's cheaper Action Cameras out there that would take care of the same job, especially as stated, you may only use it a handful of times.

Drift & Contour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Been wanting the GoPro for a while, snapped it up. I think I can stop watching .co.uk today - just .de at 6:30 now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Did NBA 2K14 come up this morning? I remember seeing it as an upcoming deal last night but can't remember what time I saw it for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Not that one, no. It's a poor drive, as it the 240GB M500 that was available yesterday. For this particular series (the M500) you want 480GB/960GB drives of that model to get even decent performance out of them.

I have to disagree strongly, this is considered a very good drive, one of the best.

While it isn't the absolute fastest, it is up there with the fastest drives and at €50 off those drives it is a bargain.

Remember most people will be going from HDD to SSDs and will thus see a big real world difference. But you would see little real world difference outside of benchmarks amongst the top SSDs like these.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Did NBA 2K14 come up this morning? I remember seeing it as an upcoming deal last night but can't remember what time I saw it for.

Yep, £22.99. Ended I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭bren2001

Been and gone. 52% claimed, expect it to come up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

There must be quite a lot of people putting stuff in their baskets then getting second thoughts come checkout time. I was in the waiting list for the go pro (over 100 position with poor chances of getting it) but few minutes later got the notification it was available. Happy out. That's my Christmas present to myself sorted:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

bk wrote: »
    I have to disagree strongly, this is considered a very good drive, one of the best.

While it isn't the absolute fastest, it is up there with the fastest drives and at €50 off those drives it is a bargain.

Remember most people will be going from HDD to SSDs and will thus see a big real world difference. But you would see little real world difference outside of benchmarks amongst the top SSDs like these.

The 120GB and even the 240GB are gimped though. I read a lot into them, including this morning when I saw snippets like this:
    ..the 120GB version sacrifices a lot of performance as a result of only using a total of 8 NAND die within the drive. Unless its street price is significantly more attractive than its MSRP, I don't see a reason to choose the 120GB M500.
    The easiest of the M500 drives to recommend and dismiss are the highest and lowest capacity versions, respectively

I'm looking at the 480GB one on Amazon.de tonight at 6:30, and I will pull the trigger if the price is decent.

But an 8-channel SSD drive, on drives that get all their speed from working in parallel, installed in a PC when most PCs can read 32 channels is not worth it IMO, not even close. I could be tempted at 240GB, but the 120GB is a firm no from me :) You'd be better spending the money on a 2TB external clocking 7200rpm
    guttenberg wrote: »
    There must be quite a lot of people putting stuff in their baskets then getting second thoughts come checkout time. I was in the waiting list for the go pro (over 100 position with poor chances of getting it) but few minutes later got the notification it was available. Happy out. That's my Christmas present to myself sorted:D

I did think, but my second thought made me buy it.

• Advertisement

Gone, unfortunately.
    Picked it up for PS3

Anyone pick up those Remote Control cars earlier?
    Couldn't help myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

waiting to see what the deal will be on this

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black

Starts at 3pm, had one of these before, cannot fault them at all, brilliant, hopefully a decent amount is made available at a good price....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

TouchingVirus read what you quoted:
    the 120GB version sacrifices a lot of performance as a result of only using a total of 8 NAND die within the drive. Unless its street price is significantly more attractive than its MSRP, I don't see a reason to choose the 120GB M500.

I read the same Anadtech article, when they say "sacrifice performance", they mean that in comparison to other high end SSD's The performance of even the 120GB model is still vastly better then any HDD. Magnitudes so.

And in this case the price makes it a lot cheaper then competing SSD's so the bolded part of the quote thus kicks in.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

mcg1987 wrote: »
    what about this western digital hard drive coming up at 3.30? looks decent pity it's not a bit bigger just..

Would want to be going real cheap. Might consider it for £20. Not USB 3

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, £22.99. Ended I'm afraid
    bren2001 wrote: »
    Been and gone. 52% claimed, expect it to come up again.

Cheers lads. I'll keep an eye out. Decent price in fairness. Would have picked it up if I'd seen it.

That WD Elements could be nice if it's cheap.

shocksy wrote: »
    waiting to see what the deal will be on this

SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8GB MP3 Player with Radio and Expandable MicroSD/SDHC Slot - Black

Starts at 3pm, had one of these before, cannot fault them at all, brilliant, hopefully a decent amount is made available at a good price....

£31.90 reduced to £23... So bagged myself one of these... Excellent little mp3 player with expandable memory via Micro SD Card....

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

didn't even get a chance to get it...musta been only very small amount of them...was on like 20 seconds after 3.30 number 243 on the waiting list...oh well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Was looking at the TP Link TL-PA251KIT Powerline Kit and the price went from £33.59 to £26.99 and they are claiming 55% off.... deals don't seem as good this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

didn't even get a chance to get it...musta been only very small amount of them...was on like 20 seconds after 3.30 number 243 on the waiting list...oh well

The Mp3 player? Some free now

I was 221 on the queue for the WD and got offered it, so hang in there you might get it too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Was looking at the TP Link TL-PA251KIT Powerline Kit and the price went from £33.59 to £26.99 and they are claiming 55% off.... deals don't seem as good this year.

It's 57% off the RRP

I was 221 on the queue for the WD and got offered it, so hang in there you might get it too.

Yeah I was higher than that and while I was checking out buying the MP3 player, I got a message saying my time to claim the offer had timedout or something like that but it's still telling me I'm on the waitlist and I didn't get any popup.

Yeah I was higher than that and while I was checking out buying the MP3 player, I got a message saying my time to claim the offer had timedout or something like that but it's still telling me I'm on the waitlist and I didn't get any popup.

It's available now, only 91% claimed....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

£31.90 reduced to £23... So bagged myself one of these... Excellent little mp3 player with expandable memory via Micro SD Card....

Damn this thread anyway, my poor credit card is going to take a hammering this week! lol
    Saw the MP3 player last night and was "kinda" interested, but forgot all about it until i saw your post. . . . bought one now lol

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dennis Bergkamp Autobiography in there on upcoming.

At £9.99 at present, but a rake of people picked this up for 49 cents about two weeks ago.

Might go down to that again, digital copy at 50 cents is a REAL bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

Does anyone know if its ok to get an xbox360 game from the German amazon? Like will it work on my xbox etc?
    I presume the language of the game is just set at the start?

chasm wrote: »
    Damn this thread anyway, my poor credit card is going to take a hammering this week! lol
    Saw the MP3 player last night and was "kinda" interested, but forgot all about it until i saw your post. . . . bought one now lol

I'm the same as yourself, god help the January Credit Card bill haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

yeah got offered it but changed my mind now. will just spend the extra 20 and get a 1TB one instead I think. If it came down again in price I would probably get it though...like yesterday I was looking at them wireless extender and they started out at 39.99 yesterday morning in the sale and ended at 24.99 so there's hope !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

TheDoc wrote: »
    Dennis Bergkamp Autobiography in there on upcoming.

At £9.99 at present, but a rake of people picked this up for 49 cents about two weeks ago.

Might go down to that again, digital copy at 50 cents is a REAL bargain
    Is this a joke like the fake moustaches we had as a sticky thread a while ago or something? Genuine question! I see it in the Soccer forum a lot aswell, deals on the Dennis Bergkamp Autobiography, hurry hurry hurry! :D

• Advertisement

So, what have we bought guys?
    I got one of those Kid Galaxy Morphibians
    NBA 2K14
    That Clip MP3
    & a pair of Etnies
    Just under £100 for the lot

I just wish I needed any of these things!

Advertisement