Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Bloody An Post! Their mail business, like all mail businesses is focked because of electronic communications. So the one big growth area is parcels and they totally screw up and can't handle the Xmas surge. They'll probably lose their Amazon contract after this. Can we just have Parcel Motel run the country's postal system :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Bloody An Post! Their mail business, like all mail businesses is focked because of electronic communications. So the one big growth area is parcels and they totally screw up and can't handle the Xmas surge. They'll probably lose their Amazon contract after this. Can we just have Parcel Motel run the country's postal system :D

I hope not. They had a parcel belong to me in the Dublin depot at 9:30pm on Wednesday night, so I figured it'd be in the parcel motel yesterday. Nope, it landed in there at 3am this morning when I really could have done with it yesterday. A 30 hour turnaround from delivery to the depot to motel is pretty bad if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

I hope not. They had a parcel belong to me in the Dublin depot at 9:30pm on Wednesday night, so I figured it'd be in the parcel motel yesterday. Nope, it landed in there at 3am this morning when I really could have done with it yesterday. A 30 hour turnaround from delivery to the depot to motel is pretty bad if you ask me

Very busy time of year I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭celtictiger

That's too bad - I would suspect this would be the exception rather than the rule. I have used them many many times find them to be exceptional, especially their customer service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Bigcheeze wrote: »

to be fair to An Post my package due monday just left me a sorry we missed you slip this morning, going to collect it after 2 to give them a chance to bring it to the depot.

• Advertisement

A 30 hour turnaround from delivery to the depot to motel is pretty bad if you ask me

Slower than their normal standards yes, but I've got parcels at Ballymount "on route to customer" since Tuesday and people on the consoles threads are waiting on Playstations sitting in Ballymount since last Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Still no sign of my wii u but most other things have arrived. Wanted to have it for the weekend for my daughters third birthday party. :(

hoodwinked wrote: »
    to be fair to An Post my package due monday just left me a sorry we missed you slip this morning, going to collect it after 2 to give them a chance to bring it to the depot.

Anecdotally it seems they are getting small packets out there but the bigger items take up lots of space in their vans so are being left to sit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Okay, last order via amazon, just under a ton sterling, that's it now, goddam site and one-click checkout is just too easy, still saved a packet on some 1.2w LED spots versus prices here

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Can't wait until delivery is like in Futurama

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Loads of my stuff arrived in the last 2 days:)
    2 of them iteam were not black friday deals though one things arrive within a week I am usually delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ordered one Pair of Caterpillar Shoes. Sent two Pairs with two different couriers. Charged for only one pair though.

Ah Amazon, you're far too busy right now. I'll send them back after Christmas.....................if I remember. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ordered one Pair of Caterpillar Shoes. Sent two Pairs with two different couriers. Charged for one though.

Ah Amazon, you're far too busy right now. I'll send them back after Christmas.....................if I remember. :D

Jeez, you're doing alright, three jackets 2 pairs of boots :).

I'm waiting on two different pairs of Cats. Also i ordered some Catering equipment and i got FX comissioned twice. For one purchase. Anyone know if there's a reason for that, or is it a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Allyall wrote: »
    Jeez, you're doing alright, three jackets 2 pairs of boots :).

Kept One Jacket, sent others back.

Speaking of the Cat Shoes. I had the same problem last year with a drill and received two. They're just too big now to NOT make mistakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Beer Baron wrote: »
    Ordered one Pair of Caterpillar Shoes. Sent two Pairs with two different couriers. Charged for only one pair though.

Guy in work had 2 computer chairs worth a couple of hundred each delivered and only one was ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,967 ✭✭✭cena

Anyone know where you can get promotion codes for amazon. Looking at buying a simpsons dvd

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

believe it or not I got an email from amazon today saying they thought I could have got a better deal on a tablet I bought which was down to £48 from £150 apparently so they refunded me £29.99. So tablet only costing me £18! It was a Kurio 7S for the wee fella so will do him for a while ! What a deal!!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

mcg1987 wrote: »
    believe it or not I got an email from amazon today saying they thought I could have got a better deal on a tablet I bought which was down to £48 from £150 apparently so they refunded me £29.99. So tablet only costing me £18! It was a Kurio 7S for the wee fella so will do him for a while ! What a deal!!

Was it the 2013 version? I paid £45 for it but didn't get any email today. £45 was a great price but £18 would be even better. Set it up last night and it seems pretty good for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

ccazza wrote: »
    Was it the 2013 version? I paid £45 for it but didn't get any email today. £45 was a great price but £18 would be even better. Set it up last night and it seems pretty good for the price.

yeah sure was...got the email at 12.10 then a confirmation that the refund had been done at 2.30 ! delighted !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »
    Still no sign of my wii u but most other things have arrived. Wanted to have it for the weekend for my daughters third birthday party. :(
    my wii u hasn't arrived yet either. Think we both ordered the same day.

fingers crossed for Monday delivery

Only saw that now about your daughters party. That's a shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oat23 wrote: »
    Anyone think this is a good price? Looking to get some christmas presents.
    http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00C2LVZ4K/ref=gb1h_tit_c-1_8727_8ea3bd39?smid=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=0Y9BRQK2RY2YKZDS8D2S&pf_rd_i=872398&pf_rd_p=449028727

100hz, Smart TV. Looks okay to me but I don't know a lot about TVs..just the stuff you plug into them,
    I was planning on buying this one http://www.pixmania.ie/led-tv/lg-32ln5400-led-television/21489206-a.html, but just bought the one you mentioned... So I hope it's good, won't let me cancel now.

Mine arrived a few days ago. Hope you're as happy with it as I am! Great TV for the price of €229. Has everything you'd want app wise and the DLNA was an added bonus I never even knew it would have. It's connected to my ZyXEL NSA310 over the wifi and can play everything I've tried (HD MKVs etc.).

Looks to be the German model of this set here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

I bought Disney Infinity for £29.99 during this sale and I just got the following email from Amazon.
    We believe that we could have offered a better price for this item in our Black Friday Lightning Deals promotion. Therefore, we are refunding you GBP 5.00 in relation to your order.

Decent, it's still €60 in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

i have to say this has been the most plesent christmas experience i have ever had. did all my shopping over 2 days for a grand total of about €300. Everything done, kids, parents, sisters. it was beautiful

... Now how do i get them all home from the office?

Advertisement