Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

TheDriver wrote: »
    when you click the button, a pop up comes up where it tells you the number you are at.

Not seeing a button ?

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

What are the chances of a Kindle Paperwhite being one of the deals does everyone think?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

scout353 wrote: »

SSDs are amazing, personally would want a 256gb one at the least tbh. Unless you are just running some programs on it and sticking the rest on a normal HDD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,397 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Not seeing a button ?

Its the "join waitlist" button

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭bren2001

Its the "join waitlist" button

You cant track where you move in the waitlist tho, can you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

scout353 wrote: »

Not that one, no. It's a poor drive, as it the 240GB M500 that was available yesterday. For this particular series (the M500) you want 480GB/960GB drives of that model to get even decent performance out of them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

£56 for the SSD, given the price?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Only wrote: »
    What are the chances of a Kindle Paperwhite being one of the deals does everyone think?
    Very low i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

positron wrote: »
    I ordered a TPLink wireless range extender (this yoke) for £19.99, all of £5 cheaper. :/ I needed one anyway.

I contacted Amazon Customer Support to add a £3.99 Nexus 5 cover Add-on to this order. And guys goes away, comes back to say he can't add it, I should place a new order for the add-on item and he can then add it to the first order. I tried, but it wouldn't (obviously, it's an add-on item after all). Then he says I should cancel my order and reorder both together as TPLink is still available under BlackFriday deals. So I cancel the first order, and tried to add the TPLink to second order - ah oh - computer says no - BlackFriday page says 'Claimed', that's all. Log in / log out / Crtl-R etc etc - nope, Computer says No. The guy is apologizing for the 'situation' and 'disappointment'. Muppet. :rolleyes:

So no TPLink, no phone cover. Money back in my pocket/card. Not typical Amazon, but typical customer support!

Not typical Amazon customer support from my experience, I'd say your item will pop back up again, a lot of stuff tends to repeat during the week...

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    £56 for the SSD, given the price?

I think given the price it's still not something I would buy.

I think given the price it's still not something I would buy.

Fook it, I've too much on at the minute to be reinstalling an OS anyhow, I'll let it pass and keep with my 60gig SDD...

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

cathalj wrote: »
    Its there at the moment as far as I can see

Thanks, the PC one is still there. I should have specified it was the xbox 360 version I was looking for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I contacted Amazon Customer Support to add a £3.99 Nexus 5 cover Add-on to this order. And guys goes away, comes back to say he can't add it, I should place a new order for the add-on item and he can then add it to the first order. I tried, but it wouldn't (obviously, it's an add-on item after all). Then he says I should cancel my order and reorder both together as TPLink is still available under BlackFriday deals. So I cancel the first order, and tried to add the TPLink to second order - ah oh - computer says no - BlackFriday page says 'Claimed', that's all. Log in / log out / Crtl-R etc etc - nope, Computer says No. The guy is apologizing for the 'situation' and 'disappointment'. Muppet. :rolleyes:

So no TPLink, no phone cover. Money back in my pocket/card. Not typical Amazon, but typical customer support!
    Setup a second account using a different email address and you should be able to put in the order. I did this to order something twice yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah, I wasn't too pressed for the item anyway - but when I got the feedback request email and when I replied CS didn't solve the problem, they asked for a number to call - put in my number - automated call initiated, someone else comes phone, explains the story, he explains the limitations of the system, and in the end he will call me back later in the day (a time suitable to me) and I can then place the order with normal prices and he will adjust the price to match the BlackFriday discount etc and will correct their errors. They might be abusing their pickers and what not, but they do know how to deal with customers. Very swift f*ckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

I got the Dark knight trilogy on bluray for €24 :) that's my Christmas present to myself sorted.

It was on the lightning deals for £12.99 (45% off) at 11am, as i've been waiting on the wishlist for a while & now its come up again, u probably have time to change it & go on the waiting list, as it'll save you money :)

Too late it's 100% claimed

when you click the button, a pop up comes up where it tells you the number you are at.

Most of the time it does, but just now while i was on it, it didnt show for whatever reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

slave1 wrote: »
    Fook it, I've too much on at the minute to be reinstalling an OS anyhow, I'll let it pass and keep with my 60gig SDD...

Use this free opensource tool www.sysresccd.org to move system without reinstalling. It can also resize partitions accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

It is still available there at 19.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Was in for the Friends Blu Ray box set at £48 but didn't go through with it. Don't know where I would find the time to watch it all.

10 minutes left to grab the Dark Knight Blu Ray Trilogy!

The Belkin iPhone/iPad Dock at 2pm looks interesting - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00E7LOXTW/ref=gb1h_img_c-1_8827_6e8a9d13?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_r=00K498R7T0HB8REMD6Z4&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_p=449478827

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

The samsung G4 phone deal was crap. Phone was £299 this morning. Gone up to £400 with 30% off

It's misleading enough all right but Amazon's percentage discount is based on the RRP, not what the item usually costs on their site.

So an item with RRP of £500 that they sell normally at £400 is already a 20% discount. If this item is in a lightning deal and they drop the price to £350 they say it's a 30% discount, even though in actual fact it's only 12.5% compared to their usual price.

godtabh wrote: »
    The samsung G4 phone deal was crap. Phone was £299 this morning. Gone up to £400 with 30% off

The phone was and still is £299 only from third party sellers. It was never below £400 direct from Amazon besides today's deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

UncleChael wrote: »
    Did anyone notice how long Battlefield 4 was available this morning? I seem to have just missed out but it cant have been up for any longer than 30 mins!!

I got that deal, by the time I went back it was taken down, so no more than 5 mins.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Was in for the Friends Blu Ray box set at £48but didn't go through with it. Don't know where I would find the time to watch it all.

Looking at the reviews of it, its got abridged episodes & some arent too happy with it, anyway afaik its on 3 channels here every day!
    10 minutes left to grab the Dark Knight Blu Ray Trilogy!
    It was a good buy, had to wait a good while for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Damn it, raging I missed the Dark Knight blu rays!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 subzero10

maximoose wrote: »
    Damn it, raging I missed the Dark Knight blu rays!

Like last year, it'll probably turn up again like it did for various blurays, keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Just bought a toothbrush, I already have a toothbrush :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mcg1987

what about this western digital hard drive coming up at 3.30? looks decent pity it's not a bit bigger just..

Advertisement