Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon black Friday week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,091 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Brian wrote: »
    Yup.

you think that ssd is worth going for or spending a bit more on a samsung one?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

I stuck the SSD into my cart but removed it shortly after. The Sandisk SDSSDHP-256G-G25 compares much better for only a bit more money

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Dammit Amazon, have the week off work to do stuff, not sit and refresh pages! Good job my account is linked to his credit card, and that he is out of the country!

That is until he gets a call from Customer Service asking did he spend a couple of grand on Amazon from his PC in Dublin while also using the card abroad! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

are they creating separate item pages for the BF stock?

as in if i have tabbed 3 things i was looking at and they are reduced, if i refresh will the price drop, or will i have to keep monitoring the deals for them?

edit: also have they ever re-done a deal done in 'missed deals' if it wasn't 100% taken??? looking for something in particular and they had a nice one in missed deals....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You have to keep monitoring the deal on some items - like the SSD shows up at £119.99 on the product page, but £95.99 on the lighting deal page.

The Add to cart button does turn into a lightning deal button though which takes you to the lightning deals page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I may or may not have bought a 32" LG tv off Amazon.de ... i say may because its all entirely in german :/

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I may or may not have bought a 32" LG tv off Amazon.de ... i say may because its all entirely in german :/

:pac:

GTA 5, COD:Ghosts (prestige ed.), Fifa 14(ultimate ed.) are on the .de site later today

batistuta9 wrote: »
    :pac:

GTA 5, COD:Ghosts (prestige ed.), Fifa 14(ultimate ed.) are on the .de site later today

No interest in CoD anymore, No money left either :P €299 spent already. Have GTA 5. Fifa 13 will tide me over till the funds come in :p

I stuck the SSD into my cart but removed it shortly after. The Sandisk SDSSDHP-256G-G25 compares much better for only a bit more money

i done the same, i'm going to get one but soon enough but i'm in no really rush

that sandisk is £140, the samsung evo at £125 is better value again (all on .co.uk)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Timmyctc wrote: »

Did you get a confirmation email in German?:D

Seriously, if you are using Google Chrome, turn on the translator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I was originally planning to buy a 120 GB Samsung EVO, but coming from a spinning disk to an SSD is going to be a big upgrade anyway, so I was happy to have slightly lower performance and more space.

Did you get a confirmation email in German?:D

Seriously, if you are using Google Chrome, turn on the translator.

Well my account has been debited. Thats ..a thing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I wonder if there is any chance of bikes being included in these deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Me too.

Got the Belkin Wireless Extender

Dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but its cheaper in currys.

this bad boy coming up in 2 hours
    TP-Link TL-SG105 5-port Metal Gigabit Switch (10/100/1000M RJ45 ports, fanless passive cooling concept)
    on the german site, currently 18,90, very handy for a TV unit in the corner of a room - satellite box, console, android box, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Dont mean to be the bearer of bad news but its cheaper in currys.

£28 v €59.99 in Currys....I think I got a better deal

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

this bad boy coming up in 2 hours
    TP-Link TL-SG105 5-port Metal Gigabit Switch (10/100/1000M RJ45 ports, fanless passive cooling concept)
    on the german site, currently 18,90, very handy for a TV unit in the corner of a room - satellite box, console, android box, etc.
    I got one of these of amazon UK few months back for £5.50 not this model but does the same thing.

nostrils wrote: »
    I got one of these of amazon UK few months back for £5.50 not this model but does the same thing.

gigabit speed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Missed the Garmin at 2 there after getting back from lunch late. Looked a great price at £99.99. Must have been snapped up straight away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

I've just bought a toothbrush for 100 euro :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

nostrils wrote: »

I got the plastic Gb one few weeks back for 12 pounds on UK site.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭nostrils

gigabit speed?

I only stream content so 10/100 is perfect for what i use it for

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

L5 wrote: »
    I've just bought a toothbrush for 100 euro :/

Worry not. The Sonicare brushes are fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Missed the Garmin at 2 there after getting back from lunch late. Looked a great price at £99.99. Must have been snapped up straight away

It's still there. 87% claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Still some available - only 83% claimed now

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

i done the same, i'm going to get one but soon enough but i'm in no really rush

that sandisk is £140, the samsung evo at £125 is better value again (all on .co.uk)

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that.

You are looking at a €40 to €55 price difference which is quiet substantial.

The reality is if you go from a HDD to SSD you will see a big improvement in real world performance. But the difference amongst SSD's is much smaller. Outside of benchmarks most people would never notice a difference in the real world.

The most important thing with SSD's is reliability and this seems to be a very reliable drive.

After that you probably looking at price.

Speed shouldn't be that different (and it isn't amongst Tier 1 drives).

In my case this drive will be going in an old Mac Mini with only a SATA2 connector anyway, so you would see zero difference in performance amongst SATA3 SSD's, so happy to save the money :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Only wrote: »
    Still some available - only 83% claimed now
    Yeah got on it. Same is €190 on Currys and €195 on Halfords so looks a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Lads there is a deal coming up for this item. Look at the 'most helpful review'. Funniest review I have ever read.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Vergess nichts Cyber Monday... www.amazon.de

Schnell!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Yeah got on it. Same is €190 on Currys and €195 on Halfords so looks a good price.

I've been debating with myself about getting it ... hmmm, wish it would sell out so I don't have to keep going around in rings ...

Advertisement