Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Working on Game of Thrones Game?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I kind of liked the last episode. :o

But overall yes its been a disappointment. I love ASOIAF and Telltale games so my expectations were really high for this. Its not terrible just underwhelming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,729 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I will wait for all of Season 2 to be out and on sale next time.

After the length of time theyve taken to release all the episodes for this one im not buying their games until theyre complete anymore. They really took the piss this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

So yeah that was crap.
    What even is the north grove though?

How in hell could they have Rodrik(Ashar for other people) survive getting stabbed all those times? Most people seemed dead after getting a slice in the chest, this kid has been stabbed in the shoulder twice by arrows, and had a sword go right through his side, but sure give him some milk of the poppy and he'll be grand. Really annoyed me that.

I enjoyed Mira's story somewhat, at least it made more sense than the others.
    Won't be touching season 2 until the end, if at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    - A Game of Thrones ending suits Game of Thrones TV show. The type of ending where pretty much everything fails and most people die doesn't suit a game because it means the player can't win, which means it's pointless to have tried.

I'd say it was less the medium and more the best chapter six could offer were moments from the show with different characters. Regular complaint of mine is about licenced works just retreading the ground made by the original rather than looking at it from another angle.

Maybe the season should have ended on the choice between
    Asher/Rodrik

The
    polar bear jaw Snow warg
    was pretty kewl though. tongue.png

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Did anyone choose to
    marry Gwin
    ?

Or alternatively go with the
    poison
    ?

What heppened if so?

Also anyone not end up with Mira
    getting her head lopped off
    ?

I found the whole thing thoroughly unsatisfying and have no desire to play another season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Ridley

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did anyone choose to
    marry Gwin
    ?

In my case,
    Lady Forrester sees one of the guards being told to stand down and asks Asher what's going on. He tells her of the ambush being called off, she freaks out and cuts Ludd's face which kicks off the fighting

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Also anyone not end up with Mira
    getting her head lopped off
    ?

I read what happens.
    She agrees to marry yer man and just basically goes off with him. CoalBoy gets his head chopped off instead. Means for Season 2 though that Mira will have little-to-no influence though considering she'll be dead in a lot of people's games

Or alternatively go with the
    poison
    ?
    I went with the poison. Ludd goes to drink it but say Asher should have the first sip. Then Lady Forrester says she'll take the first sip instead. Just before she does you get the option to stop her or let her drink. I let her drink and Ludd takes a sip after. They both die and then the big fight kicks off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Look forward to watching someone play the next season.

Don't know why anyone would buy this stuff when you can watch it for free and the choice system is really just a farce.

What ever you pick, the outcome will probably always be the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Taylor365 wrote: »
    Look forward to watching someone play the next season.

Don't know why anyone would buy this stuff when you can watch it for free and the choice system is really just a farce.

What ever you pick, the outcome will probably always be the same.

For sure, I replayed the first episode when it came out and done everything the opposite but it turned out the same. The final episode seemed to be able to go a few different ways, but it all ends up the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What a mess.

Worst of the TellTale Game so far (of the 4 I've finished/played)

1st: TFTB
    2nd: TWAU
    3rd: TWD Season 1 (only getting through season 2 now)
    4th: GoT

Seemed so futile to even try. Was playing it with the missus and god damn did we make some unpopular decisions

We were dead certain death was inavoidable so went for just being
    A) Total a$$holes to the Whitehalls
    B) Constantly standing up when getting beaten/argued with etc
    C) Trying where possible to kill anyone we could regardless of how obvious it was or how much else collateral damage there was

At the end we got something like.... you and 12% of other players "Maintained your Honour" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What a mess.

Worst of the TellTale Game so far (of the 4 I've finished/played)

1st: TFTB
    2nd: TWAU
    3rd: TWD Season 1 (only getting through season 2 now)
    4th: GoT

Seemed so futile to even try. Was playing it with the missus and god damn did we make some unpopular decisions

We were dead certain death was inavoidable so went for just being
    A) Total a$$holes to the Whitehalls
    B) Constantly standing up when getting beaten/argued with etc
    C) Trying where possible to kill anyone we could regardless of how obvious it was or how much else collateral damage there was

At the end we got something like.... you and 12% of other players "Maintained your Honour" or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,940 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Seen episode one show up as a freebie on the PlayStation store so decided to check it out. (wasn't actually up that far in my TV watching of the series but what the hell)
    Quite enjoyed it. Kind of like a spin off novel where you get to co write the story.

Advertisement