Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Working on Game of Thrones Game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,376 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cormac... wrote: »
    4 f**king months, jesus wept

God they really are stretching the absolute f*ck out of these games. They really need to take a look at this model of release and try and pare it down to a maximum of 6 weeks between episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Just want to play it to get it over with. Was an ok season but there are far better Telltale games around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Just want to play it to get it over with. Was an ok season but there are far better Telltale games around.

I'd agree with that, seems like a damned if you, damned if you don't affair

TftB and tWAU are better overall

I'd agree with that, seems like a damned if you, damned if you don't affair

TftB and tWAU are better overall

I've spent a whole 15 seconds trying to figure these out. Stumped.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I've spent a whole 15 seconds trying to figure these out. Stumped.

Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us.

• Advertisement

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Tales from the Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us.

Tales from the Borderlands has exceeded my expectations and hopes by a huge amount. I love Borderlands but was fairly skeptical of the idea of TftB, but it has been absolutely incredible, and one of the most consistently funny games I've ever played. If the final episode lives up to the standard set by the last episode, it could be the best TellTale game yet.

I also loved The Wolf Among Us, and probably rank it as the top Telltale game so far. Didn't have the emotional punches and moments of The Walking Dead, but the story was a lot more consistent, exciting and intriguing, with a better range of characters.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,190 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Penn wrote: »
    Tales from the Borderlands has exceeded my expectations and hopes by a huge amount. I love Borderlands but was fairly skeptical of the idea of TftB, but it has been absolutely incredible, and one of the most consistently funny games I've ever played. If the final episode lives up to the standard set by the last episode, it could be the best TellTale game yet.

I also loved The Wolf Among Us, and probably rank it as the top Telltale game so far. Didn't have the emotional punches and moments of The Walking Dead, but the story was a lot more consistent, exciting and intriguing, with a better range of characters.

Yeah I think both of those surpass The Walking Dead to be honest as brilliant as it is.

Yeah I think both of those surpass The Walking Dead to be honest as brilliant as it is.

They are paced better, Walking Dead spends too much time doing sweet f**k all.... similar in that vein to the TV show

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Haven't even played the most recent episode yet.
    I think Game of Thrones has put me off playing anymore Telltale Games.
    Just not interested anymore, I loved The Walking Dead S1 and S2 and The Wolf AMong Us was really good too.

CiaranW wrote: »
    Haven't even played the most recent episode yet.
    I think Game of Thrones has put me off playing anymore Telltale Games.
    Just not interested anymore, I loved The Walking Dead S1 and S2 and The Wolf AMong Us was really good too.

You'd be doing yourself a disservice not playing Tales form the Borderlands

• Advertisement

You'd be doing yourself a disservice not playing Tales form the Borderlands

Absolutely. It gets the balance between story, gameplay and choices much better than any other Telltale Game yet imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

And it nails the humour too, by far my favourite Telltale series.

Absolutely. It gets the balance between story, gameplay and choices much better than any other Telltale Game yet imo.

Not to mention it's hilarious, I'm still singing the song from the last episode to myself while chuckling and thinking about the slo mo walk to the rocket on a regular basis.

Not to mention it's hilarious, I'm still singing the song from the last episode to myself while chuckling and thinking about the slo mo walk to the rocket on a regular basis.

Z_yyIn.gif

I've actually now become a fan of that Artist now (Twin Shadow), that song is straight up f**king class, it's like a modern Def Leopard :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ridiculous that it'll be 4 months between episode 5 and 6, and nearly a year from episode 1 to 6

For games like this they really should have been more ahead of themselves in development

Don't know why it came in December, it should have been released in April/May when the tv show is on and there's massive hype around everything GOT

Ridiculous that it'll be 4 months between episode 5 and 6, and nearly a year from episode 1 to 6

For games like this they really should have been more ahead of themselves in development

Don't know why it came in December, it should have been released in April/May when the tv show is on and there's massive hype around everything GOT

Forgot what thread I was on there..... expected Borderlands TV show for a second.... Now I am disappoint :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

God they really are stretching the absolute f*ck out of these games. They really need to take a look at this model of release and try and pare it down to a maximum of 6 weeks between episodes.

People just need to stop buying them before they're fully released then. Telltale might make some decent games but they're a joke tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

titan18 wrote: »
    People just need to stop buying them before they're fully released then. Telltale might make some decent games but they're a joke tbh.

Erm its not the customers fault Telltale have just overloaded themselves with work. :confused:
    The Borderlands game, another bite sized Walking dead series game, a next gen port of the Back to the Future and the Minecraft story mode o top of this.
    Been very underwhelmed by this game as a fan of GoT its vastly inferior than Tales from the Borderlands & I'm not even a fan of that series.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭titan18

ERG89 wrote:
    Erm its not the customers fault Telltale have just overloaded themselves with work. The Borderlands game, another bite sized Walking dead series game, a next gen port of the Back to the Future and the Minecraft story mode o top of this. Been very underwhelmed by this game as a fan of GoT its vastly inferior than Tales from the Borderlands & I'm not even a fan of that series.

Course not, but as long as they continue to sell early, Telltale will continue like this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Episode 6 is finally out. It's a big one at 3.3gb so there should be a good bit in it

Well that was
    hugely f*cking disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Well that was
    hugely f*cking disappointing.

I removed that tag very very slowly. I haven't played a single episode yet as i wanted the whole series to be released but should i even bother now? I'm a massive Song of Ice and Fire fan but i thought the Walking Dead telltale game was ****..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I removed that tag very very slowly. I haven't played a single episode yet as i wanted the whole series to be released but should i even bother now? I'm a massive Song of Ice and Fire fan but i thought the Walking Dead telltale game was ****..

I have played 5 of the 6 episodes (and a bit of episode 6) and GoT is rubbish compared to the Walking Dead which was anything but ****.
    This came out the same time as Tales from the Borderlands which was a ton of fun with great characters and a engaging story. Game of Thrones is a drawn out slog & a missed opportunity.
    Even though you are aware of the story going on in the background because of the series timeline I feel that they only included the likes of Tyrion & Daenerys as fan service

I haven't played episode 6 yet but, I said before about this one that I found it super boring and the illusion of choice was far more apparent in this. Really does feel like you are along for the ride and robotically pressing buttons :(

I haven't played episode 6 yet but, I said before about this one that I found it super boring and the illusion of choice was far more apparent in this. Really does feel like you are along for the ride and robotically pressing buttons :(

That was my biggest problem. I normally defend the other Telltale games regarding the "illusion of choice", but nowhere was it more blatant than in this game. And then to top it all off, important stuff is left unexplained and it's obvious they've already greenlit a second season of it.

I loved both Walking Dead games, The Wolf Among Us and Tales From The Borderlands. But as little overall choice as you may actually have in those games, this one sticks you on the most rigid path imaginable, and it's not even a satisfying one.

Some spoilery points:
    - The North Grove must never be lost. Why? Nothing about it is explained whatsoever.
    - Nothing Mira did throughout the game mattered at all, and was clearly only there because they could get the voice actors for Tyrion, Cersei and Margery.
    - If there is a season 2, most of the surviving characters will likely be killed off pretty quickly to allow for a new story, rather than having to hire too many voice actors whose characters may have been killed off in season 1 depending on your choices
    - A Game of Thrones ending suits Game of Thrones TV show. The type of ending where pretty much everything fails and most people die doesn't suit a game because it means the player can't win, which means it's pointless to have tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Guess ill give it a pass then...

Guess ill give it a pass then...

If you can get it fairly cheap, it's still alright, and the story is very Games Of Thrones-y. But then again if you didn't like The Walking Dead, being a Game Of Thrones/ASOIAF fan might still not be enough to spend 10+ hours playing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

That was a long wait for nothing.

• Advertisement

Advertisement