Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Working on Game of Thrones Game?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,358 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I see where you are coming from but
    he was very vocal about his distate of the Whitehills so I couldn't see him betray the Forresters and the Maester just seems like someone who knows that House forrester is not going to last long and wants to gain favor with the Whitehills
    It's definitely one of the two yet it's Telltale so there could be another twist

That's why I'm thinking
    the mother. Doing it to try and prevent any more of her children from being killed. After all, they have the youngest son hostage and the eldest son isn't capable of fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Bad Horse wrote: »
    That's why I'm thinking
    the mother. Doing it to try and prevent any more of her children from being killed. After all, they have the youngest son hostage and the eldest son isn't capable of fighting.

I was thinking the same.

That's why I'm thinking

That's what I was thinking, especially after you were given the opportunity to tell her. I was annoyed that Roderick didn't attempt to find out at all who the mole is. I thought that was going to be a good plot line. He could have done something similar to what Tyrion did in the TV show by telling 3 different stories to the 3 suspects.

That's what I was thinking, especially after you were given the opportunity to tell her. I was annoyed that Roderick didn't attempt to find out at all who the mole is. I thought that was going to be a good plot line. He could have done something similar to what Tyrion did in the TV show by telling 3 different stories to the 3 suspects.

In fairness, it happened towards the end of the episode. Trying to find out how the mole is will probably be his part of the story in the next episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I think there isn't actually a mole at all, and it's all a ploy to try drive the house apart. The fact the Whitehall girl was so forth coming with the info and the Gryff actually goes "oh you have a mole yanno" screamed that it's all just a load of BS. I'm sticking with my 3 lads regardless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Cormac... wrote: »
    I think there isn't actually a mole at all, and it's all a ploy to try drive the house apart. The fact the Whitehall girl was so forth coming with the info and the Gryff actually goes "oh you have a mole yanno" screamed that it's all just a load of BS. I'm sticking with my 3 lads regardless

Just finished there last night.
    I didn't bite with the Whitehill son who killed Gareds dad, I pressed RT when I had to and chopped his arm off! If you kick him off the wall does Finn still see you do it?

There has to be a mole because how else did she know you were either going to dispose Gryff or rescue Ryon.

I think it might be the mother, her codex says do anything to prevent her family from destruction, so I agree with the point above that was brought up a few days ago.

Did anyone else not really care about the North Grove, I just wanted to stay on the wall!!!

CiaranW wrote: »
    Just finished there last night.
    I didn't bite with the Whitehill son who killed Gareds dad, I pressed RT when I had to and chopped his arm off! If you kick him off the wall does Finn still see you do it?

There has to be a mole because how else did she know you were either going to dispose Gryff or rescue Ryon.

I think it might be the mother, her codex says do anything to prevent her family from destruction, so I agree with the point above that was brought up a few days ago.

Did anyone else not really care about the North Grove, I just wanted to stay on the wall!!!
    I kicked him off the wall, cause well, "The 300" like! and your man saw me.

I'm assuming everyone else did the whole
    "stand up 4 times after Gryff knocks you down"

Knowing how these games actually play out I'm not too bothered about spotting
    the right/wrong traitor.
    I just want them all to "Remember that", the guilty, eye-lowering, cretins

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That bit on the wall annoyed me probably more than it should,
    it was clear no matter whether you willingly fight him or refuse the outcome ends up the same from what I can see.
    Out of all the telltale games I've played this seems to be much more guilty of giving you the illusion of choice than the others.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That bit on the wall annoyed me probably more than it should,
    it was clear no matter whether you willingly fight him or refuse the outcome ends up the same from what I can see.
    Out of all the telltale games I've played this seems to be much more guilty of giving you the illusion of choice than the others.

I think because there are multiple playable characters whose stories will affect each other, it probably has to be a lot more rigid in what happens than the others.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,187 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think because there are multiple playable characters whose stories will affect each other, it probably has to be a lot more rigid in what happens than the others.

Yeah fair point, I suppose it's a lot more entwined with the Game of Thrones tv series than the walking dead is too so everything that happens also has to make sense in that regard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any sign of a release date for the episode 4?

I dunno, i'm kind of liking the whole throwing caution to the wind approach knowing my choice probably mean feck all in the grand scheme of things
    Like I left your one Beskha to be Dragon food in the cave, she survived, I said sorry, end of story even though I did get the whole she'l remember that speil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Are all the episodes of this released ?
    I wanna buy it, but only when I can veg out on the whole thing

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Are all the episodes of this released ?
    I wanna buy it, but only when I can veg out on the whole thing

No it's only half way through yet, 3 more to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

For anybody on Xbox One, there is currently a glitch where you can get episodes 1 to 6 for £3.99
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/glitch-error-game-thrones-telltale-complete-ep1-6-first-season-3-99-xbox-one-2208898

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

For anybody on Xbox One, there is currently a glitch where you can get episodes 1 to 6 for £3.99
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/glitch-error-game-thrones-telltale-complete-ep1-6-first-season-3-99-xbox-one-2208898

Nice deal.

I came expecting a release date for the next episode :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There was an update for GOT there last week, anyone know what it was ? Was expecting episode 4 when I seen the update

There was an update for GOT there last week, anyone know what it was ? Was expecting episode 4 when I seen the update

There is mention that episode 4 is "coming soon" on their twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There is mention that episode 4 is "coming soon" on their twitter

this week would be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

I'm currently on the first episode. The movement of the characters and the lip-syncing is very poor. I haven't seen anything like it since the PSone. It reminded me of Metal Gear Solid, which is 16 years old. I realise that Telltale are an indie developer, but the presentation here is desperate at times. On the plus side I like this style of game. It makes for a lovely change of pace when compared to the other games I play. I hear that The Walking Dead is excellent, so I'll give that a go next. I'm just very disappointed with the animation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm currently on the first episode. The movement of the characters and the lip-syncing is very poor. I haven't seen anything like it since the PSone. It reminded me of Metal Gear Solid, which is 16 years old. I realise that Telltale are an indie developer, but the presentation here is desperate at times. On the plus side I like this style of game. It makes for a lovely change of pace when compared to the other games I play. I hear that The Walking Dead is excellent, so I'll give that a go next. I'm just very disappointed with the animation.

try 'The Wolf Among us' - its incredible.

i can agree with some of your points though, even on next gen consoles there are times when lip sync goes, and the framerate will stutter on occasion too. its like the engine doesn't benefit from the extra power over last gen at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

try 'The Wolf Among us' - its incredible.

i can agree with some of your points though, even on next gen consoles there are times when lip sync goes, and the framerate will stutter on occasion too. its like the engine doesn't benefit from the extra power over last gen at all.

Cheers, I'll give it a look. I've been really out of touch with games the last while. There's a few series that I keep up to date with, but other than that I'm out of the loop. Stuff like Telltale has almost passed me by.

Yeah Thrones is very disappointing at times. It was a bit harsh comparing it to PSone, but I've certainly seen better animation and lip syncing on the PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ERG89 wrote: »

Tuesday for the glorious pc master race :)

Tuesday for the glorious pc master race :)

Yeah, but that would have to happen 571 more times to make up for how long the glorious PC master race had to wait for GTAV :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,933 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Episode 4 is available on the Irish psn store now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not a bad episode but so short, I get the feeling they are releasing 6 episodes that could have easily been 5.
    ****ing hate Ramsay Snow popping up as obviously you won't be doing much to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭rizzla

In the scene that was similar to the Red Weeding I was like f' this I've had enough, gonna roll full bad ass. Decided to attack, a glorious blood bath ensued and I was like this is great wonder whats gonna happen to the story after this but got the Valar Morghulis screen, lame.

Still enjoyed it though and apart from the first achievement not popping it was relatively glitch free.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The choices percentage stuff didn't appear at the end of the episode for me. Anyone else experience this?

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    The choices percentage stuff didn't appear at the end of the episode for me. Anyone else experience this?

Did you create an online telltale profile for yourself?

Advertisement