Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telltale Working on Game of Thrones Game?

Options

Comments

rizzla wrote: »
    Really liked it. The engine is really starting to show its age though. Also, do Telltale no longer show what decisions other people made at the end of the episode. Kinda liked to see if I went against the grain.

It did show five decisions with corresponding %.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭rizzla

It did show five decisions with corresponding %.

No for me :(

I played on the Xbox One. What were you on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It's supposed to be on their web site that they prompt you to create an account for but I could see no sign of it there, bit silly taking that out of the console versions :confused:

How should I put this...

PC-Gaming-Master-Race.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Is there a difference when you
    choose to meet Ramsay Snow at the gates or in the great hall. I assume either way that Ethan gets killed.

Also with Gared
    I assume if you ran away when you first see Ramsay they will hunt you down.

Really enjoyed the game, all the decisions were tough and I had to pause a lot to think through my answers.

• Advertisement

You can pause :eek:

I never thought about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Pausing would ruin it though

It does, but I want to play a certain playthrough!
    Some of the questions are really tough and require a bit of thinking through like
    when the queen is grilling you and Margaery tells you to please her

Thats kind of the whole point and excitement though IMHO, having to think on your feet.
    You're getting dangerously close to just looking up a flowchart of what each answer does if you're not careful :pac:

Just go with your gut before the timer elapses. You'll enjoy it tonnes more.
    You'll be master of your own destiny etc.

Also it's not like there are 20 different endings, the things you say affect some stuff, but you shouldn't focus on it too much.

Have fun with it :)
    There was a kind of critical point, i think it was when Ramsay was grilling me that me and my missus were wondering what to say, and we missed the boat and ended up staying silent which seemed to work as it stopped him getting cross... for the time being.

Also when Cersei was grilling me we just kept going with middle of the road answers and that didn;t really please either Cersai or Margery, but Tyrion seemed to love it :)

I played TWD season 1 and TWAU

TWAU
    During the final confrontation with all the enemies in that, I stayed silent the entire time, for like 5 straight answers, only time i'd done that, like typical bond villains they just kept revealing more and more info, and then went all like scared and "why isn't he saying anything boss", most fun :)

Couldn't agree more about playing on your feet.

Why are you trying to force a certain playthrough?

You're only going to be disappointed once your percieved outcome doesn't happen, just enjoy the rollercoaster

• Advertisement

Put it this way, you could have:
    Met Ramsay Snow at the Gates with Mr. Military as your sentinal and still died

Cormac... wrote: »

That's just the nature of Telltale games in general. There is an illusion of choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Cormac... wrote: »

I feel that scene is the catalyst for how you will play the rest of the game.

For me, I was trying to say one thing and mean another to appease both Ramsey & Cersei.
    But after what happened, getting a knife in the throat
    , no more politics for me, it will be all action where permitted from now on.
    I'll be thick as f**k with the Whitehills and Boltons where possible, and try to f**k them over best as I can.

And if this Asher fella is supposed to be a looney, then that's how I will play him.

No mercy, no bending the knee from here on in.

^ Probably needs more spoiler tags

Can't wait for the next episode.
    Hopefully we will find out what the North Grove is.
    I also picked military dude for Sentinel and the Tuttle guy disappeared, he knows what that grove is, so maybe he was there when meeting Ramsay as he wasn't seated in the Great Hall.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭colmufc

Anyone know how much the sea on pass was last week ? I think it €17 now and not going to pay it unless the pass was €25 + last week borderlands is only €2 cheaper

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Enjoyed it well enough for an immediate re-playthrough. As with all telltale games you may get a single different line, then its back to the conversation they want to have. Don't like the art-style; loved TWD and TLOU but this looks like an upscaled PS2 game. Particularly Tyrion's model is horrific, looks like Rocky Dennis! Squirming with Cersei was my favourite part; I enjoyed having to consider truthful or political answers.
    A bit worried I won't care for any of the Forresters, perhaps playing as 3 different people means nobody gets enough time to care. Meeting Ramsey at the two places plays out differently initially but the same in the end; which was disappointing considering the closed gate. His character is a brilliant antagonist. The QTEs and exploration gameplay feel really clunky and dated, shame they haven't improved this, their weakest area.
    Overall a bit disappointing 7/10 (and I love TWD and TWAU)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Enjoyed it well enough for an immediate re-playthrough. As with all telltale games you may get a single different line, then its back to the conversation they want to have. Don't like the art-style; loved TWD and TLOU but this looks like an upscaled PS2 game. Particularly Tyrion's model is horrific, looks like Rocky Dennis! Squirming with Cersei was my favourite part; I enjoyed having to consider truthful or political answers.
    A bit worried I won't care for any of the Forresters, perhaps playing as 3 different people means nobody gets enough time to care. Meeting Ramsey at the two places plays out differently initially but the same in the end; which was disappointing considering the closed gate. His character is a brilliant antagonist. The QTEs and exploration gameplay feel really clunky and dated, shame they haven't improved this, their weakest area.
    Overall a bit disappointing 7/10 (and I love TWD and TWAU)
      As with all telltale games you may get a single different line, then its back to the conversation they want to have
      Don't like the art-style
      Tyrion's model is horrific, looks like Rocky Dennis
      ;which was disappointing considering the closed gate
      The QTEs and exploration gameplay feel really clunky and dated, shame they haven't improved this
      Overall a bit disappointing

However
    Enjoyed it well enough for an immediate re-playthrough

:):):):rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great, users have reduced to posting multiple smilies as responses. Riveting

I liked the bullet points more than I did the Forresters

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

SeantheMan wrote: »
      As with all telltale games you may get a single different line, then its back to the conversation they want to have
      Don't like the art-style
      Tyrion's model is horrific, looks like Rocky Dennis
      ;which was disappointing considering the closed gate
      The QTEs and exploration gameplay feel really clunky and dated, shame they haven't improved this
      Overall a bit disappointing

However

:):):):rolleyes::rolleyes:

Why did you crop out the only positives he put in the post. Was it to try and justify your usage of the rollseyes smiley? Cause either way it makes you look like a dick. The poster said he enjoyed it but was expecting higher 7/10.

Any update on when the next episode is out?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

CiaranW wrote: »
    Any update on when the next episode is out?

I'd say late Feb at the earliest. Most likely late march though.

This is a complete guess based on how slow Telltale games can be at getting the episodes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bought this last night. Art style is strange, I see what they are going for but all the same...some of that blurring :eek: i`m not a fan of fighting scenes in Telltale games
    Played about half of episode one I think :confused:
    Up until
    Cersei turned up and you had to gain some forgiveness I guess.
    Found the characters a bit bland/wooden compared to TWD or Wolf Among Us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Good to see im not the only one who hasnt really warmed to this. Dont particularly like any of the new characters. The only saving grace was how it ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Good to see im not the only one who hasnt really warmed to this. Dont particularly like any of the new characters. The only saving grace was how it ended.

Hated the fact its all a bit smoke and mirrors so you don't have a choice.....my heart rose when you saw
    Jon Snow
    at the wall in the next episode :cool:
    My biggest problem is that I was making choices and I didn't really care of the consequences as they didn't build many characters effectively for me to care if I let them down

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Bit disappointed with the pace and the length of episodes. Telltales seem to be rushing them out. Lack of depth is shown in this one moreso than the TWD series. The "choices" are very much limited I find.

My overall annoyance is the length. Surely this episode was shortest episode ever when compared to TWD episodes, especially from the first season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

February 4th for Episode 2 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finished episode 1 today,I like it, looking forward to episode 2 now next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Glitch going on xbox marketplace. If you purchased episode 1, the season pass will come up as free. Xbox one only as far as i know.
    Might have fixed it by now, it worked for me a couple of hours ago though.

Advertisement