Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭cozar

Spiral coming soon to bbc4 ad on tonight for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

brian_t wrote: »
    From the start of October there are 12 Saturdays until Christmas. Spiral with 12 episodes only needs half of them - so there should be plenty of time.

Darkness: Those Who Kill finishes its run next weekend and on the following Saturday Sept 28th BBC4 will show the 2016 Pedro Almodóvar film Julieta.

Fans of European drama might be interested in The Killing Times Whopping Great Autumn/Winter Preview 2019 which covers all channels.

https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/2019/09/01/the-killing-times-whopping-great-autumn-winter-preview-2019/

Watched our recording of Darkness: Those Who Kill. When he said 'go home, take my car', I shouted ARE YOU MAD! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,671 ✭✭✭brian_t

BBC4 are currently repeating Peaky Blinders in the early hours of the morning.

From 1am on Sunday 29th September BBC4 will be showing episodes of Spiral. Two a night for six nights.

DigiGuide don't say yet what series it is but presumably it's the last one (series six).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fake Season is coming, assuming they are not erm, lying!

Just watched part two of The Troubles. Absorbing and depressing in equal measure.

• Advertisement

From 1am on Sunday 29th September BBC4 will be showing episodes of Spiral. Two a night for six nights.

DigiGuide don't say yet what series it is but presumably it's the last one (series six).

It is series six with the last episode been shown at 2.30am on Friday 4th October.

Darkness: Those who kill

Really nail-biting stuff, but I got fed up of them asking Louise 'what will happen next' kind of questions. Still a great series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looks like BBC 4 is repeating Spiral series 6 next Saturday. Hopefully a good sign that they will be airing series 7 pretty soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Saw the first trailer for season 7 recently. Tantalising stuff. Someone is going to be killed off. We know it's not Laure because there's a shot of her crying at the graveside, mais qui?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,009 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Darkness: Those who kill

Really nail-biting stuff, but I got fed up of them asking Louise 'what will happen next' kind of questions. Still a great series though.

As the abducted girl was seen taking a Karate class, I was expecting her to at some stage go all Ninja, and eventually kick the living sh/t out of someone, but it never happened. I don't know what the martial arts moral of the story was, unless it was simply that you're still capable of getting knocked unconscious and abducted even if you think that you can defend yourself.

• Advertisement

Ingmar Bergman night tonight - a two hour documentary and then the Seventh Seal.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,966 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ingmar Bergman night tonight - a two hour documentary and then the Seventh Seal.
    Amazing film

21:00 (01:55:00) Arena: Bergman: A Year in the Life
    22:55 (01:40:00) The Seventh Seal

God he was a bit of a bastard wasn't he? It's amazing how awful great artists so often are.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

can people please put spoiler tags on their posts when discussing plots of a series

peteeeed wrote: »
    can people please put spoiler tags on their posts when discussing plots of a series

I don't know how to do that but I'll check it up. Sorry.

According to DigiGuide there is a Norwegian film "The King's Choice" on Saturday 5th at 9pm.

On the 9th of April 1940, German troops invade Oslo. The king of Norway is faced with a choice, which will change his nation forever. This is a film about real events, which turned a brave man into the people’s king.

It was a 2016 Norwegian/Irish co-production which received backing from the Irish Film Board.

The last series of Spiral is being repeated late night on BBC Four for anyone who needs a binge refresher.

Spiral season 7 starts on Saturday 12th October at 9pm according to DigiGuide.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,724 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Spiral season 7 starts on Saturday 12th October at 9pm according to DigiGuide.

That's on bbc 4 schedule so confirmed now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭cozar

The last series of Spiral is being repeated late night on BBC Four for anyone who needs a binge refresher.

enjoying this as much as first time around!.

• Advertisement

Been enjoying The Detectorists the last few weeks,they showed series 1 and 2 and now they have stopped, just when I thought they would show series 3! Hope they will put it on soon,its such a gem of a programme!

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Been enjoying The Detectorists the last few weeks,they showed series 1 and 2 and now they have stopped, just when I thought they would show series 3! Hope they will put it on soon,its such a gem of a programme!
    Series 3 starts on Saturday 19th at 10.50pm.

The two parter on eugenics was interesting, amazing just how mainstream it was until the Holocaust made it taboo.

Series 3 starts on Saturday 19th at 10.50pm.

That's great news,my sky planner doesn't go that far! Wonder if its the Christmas special they are showing first before series 3,which was between series 2 and 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

The two parter on eugenics was interesting, amazing just how mainstream it was until the Holocaust made it taboo.

True, though labelling parents who decide not to proceed with births with health complications as eugenicists was reminisicint of the frenzied 'pro-lifers'.

zorro2566 wrote: »
    That's great news,my sky planner doesn't go that far! Wonder if its the Christmas special they are showing first before series 3,which was between series 2 and 3!
    It's the first three episodes of series 3 in the listings with the last three episodes on the following Saturday.
    There is no mention of the Christmas special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭johnire

Brian_t. Do you mind me asking what listings are you using that goes that far ahead? I’d love that as I like to plan my viewing in advance. Thanks!
    It's the first three episodes of series 3 in the listings with the last three episodes on the following Saturday.
    There is no mention of the Christmas special.

Yes, I agree and had no idea really. But it was a tough watch, for me anyway. Not that that’s a bad thing - after all, it actually did happen.

johnire wrote: »
    Brian_t. Do you mind me asking what listings are you using that goes that far ahead? I’d love that as I like to plan my viewing in advance. Thanks!

As per post #947 above I subscribe to DigiGuide TV listings. It currently has listings up to Thursday 31st October but there are some "To be announced"s and some listings might be subject to change.
    Googling it will give you more info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭volchitsa

According to DigiGuide there is a Norwegian film "The King's Choice" on Saturday 5th at 9pm.

On the 9th of April 1940, German troops invade Oslo. The king of Norway is faced with a choice, which will change his nation forever. This is a film about real events, which turned a brave man into the people’s king.

It was a 2016 Norwegian/Irish co-production which received backing from the Irish Film Board.

I watched this, it was excellent. An aspect of the war that I knew almost nothing about (only for the name Quisling ringing a bell, it would have been literally nothing!) which is always surprising for those of us who grew up with all those war films in the 70s.

Separately, Spiral is back with a bang - yay!!

ETA: and the Detectorists as well? My cup overfloweth...

Advertisement