Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BBC Four Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭cozar

Wisting finishing this weekend. It wasn’t too bad standard Scandi stuff. Wonder what’s up next for Saturday nights.?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

cozar wrote: »
    Wisting finishing this weekend. It wasn’t too bad standard Scandi stuff. Wonder what’s up next for Saturday nights.?
    There's two more episodes to go aren't there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭cozar

Alun wrote: »
    There's two more episodes to go aren't there?

Yes meant next weekend.!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Skid X wrote: »
    Another Slow Journey tonight ...

8pm-10.30pm All Aboard! New Zealand by Rail, Sea And Land
    Cameras take an epic overland journey, by train, boat and car through New Zealand's breathtaking landscapes. The trek beings in Auckland, but the city soon gives way to rolling pastures, volcanic extremes, tranquil waterways, the snowcapped grandeur of the Southern Alps and the beauty of Fiordland

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000dl2m

It is weird, however, that some of the railway stations and train exterior shots look like they've been given the CGI treatment?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

cozar wrote: »
    Wonder what’s up next for Saturday nights.?

There is an episode of Inspector Montalbano on Saturday 1st Feb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

brian_t wrote: »

Love it!. They recently showed the first couple of episodes, and it's interesting to see how the characters have changed over the years.

It's The Other End of the Thread - Series 13 Episode 1.

First shown June 1st last year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0005rvj

This Life (1996) is getting a repeat.

Starts Monday 3rd February at 10pm with three episodes (3x40min).

Continues Tuesday and Wednesday with thee episodes each.

Thursday has two episodes.

And continues on Monday the following week.

I enjoyed this first time around. There were two series in total. The first had eleven episodes and the second had twenty one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Storm 10

It is weird, however, that some of the railway stations and train exterior shots look like they've been given the CGI treatment?

My Daughter and her boyfriend done that trip and said it was stunning from start to finish. took a while of days to do it but well worth it they hopped off at different stations to visit the tourist sites and from Picton it was on a bus to Milford Sound then a few days in the Adventure Capital Queenstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭Acosta

This Life (1996) is getting a repeat.

Starts Monday 3rd February at 10pm with three episodes (3x40min).

Continues Tuesday and Wednesday with thee episodes each.

Thursday has two episodes.

And continues on Monday the following week.

I enjoyed this first time around. There were two series in total. The first had eleven episodes and the second had twenty one.

First time I ever saw two lads going at it. Good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I liked it too. Hated when they brought it back for that special in the 2000s. Felt that fell very flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

I liked it too. Hated when they brought it back for that special in the 2000s. Felt that fell very flat.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 28,418 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Loved This Life back in the day. Felt very strange subsequently to start seeing Miles as a Royal Navy officer in Pirates of the Caribbean, Egg battling zombies as an American sheriff, and Warren investigating murdurs in Midsomer!

And for some bonus trivia, seeing both Miles and Egg chasing after the same actress (Keira Knightley) and failing in Pirates and Love Actually.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Anyone watch the end of Wisting?
    I thought it was structured rather oddly. Seemed to peak around episode 5, and then rather than finish there it went on for another less satisfying storyline.

The characters could have been more fleshed out and Wisting himself only seemed to win a physical duel in the final episode.

I'd watch a season two but would like to see a different setting, and some more likeable characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,194 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Beggered belief that a group of police men (ok, one was an ex policeman) would enter a killers dungeon, through a number of lockable doorways, and never think that he might be about...
    Beggars belief that a hunting rifle would "jam" twice....

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Beggered belief that a group of police men (ok, one was an ex policeman) would enter a killers dungeon, through a number of lockable doorways, and never think that he might be about...
    Beggars belief that a hunting rifle would "jam" twice....
    Not to mention giving him the evidence bag

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

No spoilers people please...use spoiler tags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wisting was just a silly cop show with subtitles No one expects logical procedural work to solve a crime anymore! :)

I look forward to a police series which has no dead women, psycho men, rogue officers.

Wisting was just a silly cop show with subtitles No one expects logical procedural work to solve a crime anymore! :)

I look forward to a police series which has no dead women, psycho men, rogue officers.

Midsummer Murders! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,948 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

The Bill?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

The Bill?

profileDonBeech_zps9ee88551.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

You forgot the 'quirky' female lead investigator!

New to BBC Four (a fair bit of Brexity stuff on this Tues/Wed at peak hours)

Monday
    21:00 Storyville
    The Gene Revolution: Changing Human Nature
    The biggest tech revolution of the 21st century isn't digital, it's biological.

Thursday
    21:00 Life Cinematic
    Series 1, Sam Mendes
    1/5 Director Sir Sam Mendes selects his most influential clips from the world of cinema.

Friday
    21:30 Stewart Copeland's Adventures in Music
    Series 1, Episode 3
    3/3 Stewart Copeland looks at the power of music to create altered states.

Sunday
    21:00 Art on the BBC
    Series 1, The Story of the Nude
    1/4 Art Historian Kate Bryan creates a television history of the nude.

Monday
    22:00 This Life
    Series 1, Episodes 1,2,3 back to back and more of same Tuesday from 9 PM, Wed from 10 PM and Thurs from 10 PM So that's all series 1.

Tuesday
    20:00 Life Drawing Live!
    Josie d'Arby presents a live life-drawing masterclass, which viewers can take part in too.

Thursday
    21:00 Life Cinematic
    Series 1, Edgar Wright
    2/5 Edgar Wright selects clips from the films that have influenced him the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭dball

watched Clive James revisiting New York last night on the beeb, they dont make TV like that anymore, fanfrikkintastic.
    Hopefully they put on a few more over the coming days or weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,484 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This Life repeated from the start, Anna the original Fleabag :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This Life repeated from the start, Anna the original Fleabag :p

Now, that's the truth!

dball wrote: »
    watched Clive James revisiting New York last night on the beeb, they dont make TV like that anymore, fanfrikkintastic.
    Hopefully they put on a few more over the coming days or weeks.
    Clive James had a way of writing and presenting that always appealed to me.

BBC2 showed his Postcards from Sydney and London shortly after he died. Postcard from LA was on last Saturday.
    Postcard from Berlin is on next Saturday and Postcard from Rome is on the following Saturday.

Storyville was interesting. Remember to have your genes crispr and not battered kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

Clive James had a way of writing and presenting that always appealed to me.

BBC2 showed his Postcards from Sydney and London shortly after he died. Postcard from LA was on last Saturday.
    Postcard from Berlin is on next Saturday and Postcard from Rome is on the following Saturday.

Damn! Can't believe that I missed these shows! :(

Advertisement