Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Compared to professional gamers with their own ****buckets*, yes.
    Compared to joe public, not a hope in hell!

They are average man, i dont know who you play with if you think they are above average.
    Love them happy hour videos :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,055 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Dcully wrote: »
    They are average man, i dont know who you play with if you think they are above average.
    Compared to most of the players I'd see on gaellords, celts, or any of the other servers I've been on since it came out, they're well above average.
    Mind you, I usually play late at night, so maybe all the really good people have early bedtimes ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I would say both Xfactor and JackFrags are "above average". Levelcap and Matimio are average enough - they just know a sh!t tonne about weapon stats and so on.

IMO the standard of player in BF is dropping gradually, and so it's easier to become "above average" to some extent.

IMO the standard of player in BF is dropping gradually
    Dude.
    Don't be that guy.

Sparks wrote: »
    Dude.
    Don't be that guy.

:D

Without a doubt. Younger people are playing these games now, and more people are coming from other FPS games such as COD, where it's OK to run and gun around the place and kill everyone. That generally doesn't work in Battlefield.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, I gotta chime in and say that the starting weapons are really solid and I've never felt "out armed" in game (out classed frequently, but that's my problem, not the gun's). Which is not to say that I haven't started a map and realised I've picked the wrong weapons entirely, that not always obvious though. Remember kids, Carbines ain't worth sht at a distance :p

:D

Without a doubt. Younger people are playing these games now, and more people are coming from other FPS games such as COD...

Argh!

280229.png

:pac:

(Besides, if a few more people moved in BF4, it'd be better than the campfest some levels can turn into! :D )

Shiminay wrote: »
    Remember kids, Carbines ain't worth sht at a distance :p
    Neither's C4, but there's something oh-so-satisfying about C4ing the same person in the same AA vehicle in the same CN base on the same Zavod map two or three times in a row until they actually get up and move :D

(Its even funnier if you didn't at first realise it was their base for whatever reason until you ran off the battle area but still made it to them in time to C4 them :D )

Remember kids, Carbines ain't worth sht at a distance

Try the ak5c with muzzle break and angled grip and you might just change your mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Dcully wrote: »
    Try the ak5c with muzzle break and angled grip and you might just change your mind :)

Surely you mean heavy barrel + angled grip - less spread, spread increase per shot and 1st shot multiplier ?

• Advertisement

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Surely you mean heavy barrel + angled grip - less spread, spread increase per shot and 1st shot multiplier ?

I might have these backwards, but I believe the heavy barrel decreases accuracy but increases stability.

Yup, you're backwards alright :)

http://symthic.com/bf4-attachments - handy reference for all attachments.

Mad_Dave wrote: »

Nope , try it and see.
    Heavy barrel is not what it was in BF3.

Maybe I'm mixing myself up here but heavy barrel is 50% less initial spread, 50% increase to recoil and a range increase - therefore better accuracy traded for less stability, yes ?

Depends on how you're using the gun. Single shot long range stuff, heavy barrel is not awful, but muzzle break and stubby grip is probably a better combo because you just don't use carbines at long range, you run up to the fecker, shove the muzzle in his face and unload the magazine.

NO! FECK! I said UNload, not REload.... right, I'm changing my key bindings again...

Check out the accuracy plot comparisons and you see what I mean - the single shot's much better with the heavy barrel and angled grip, but for general use? Stuff it, get the break and the stubby.

280250.png

Ah right, thanks for that sparks.

I've been known to run up to people and reload in their face, hate it when that happens :)

Anyway back on topic, I've noticed I get fairly frequent massive ping spikes on some servers. Generally getting around 20ms (on ps3 btw), but it jumps to anywhere between 150 and 300. There's no slowdown on screen, except only 1 in 4 or 5 shots register. Extremely annoying.

Hopefully the new patch will sort it out.

Will say this though, if you're going to do long range with carbines, the AK5C is a better choice than the ACW-R. The ACW only wins over the 5C because of its rate of fire, for accuracy and range and not having to lead so much, the 5C wins out. I might have to change my carbine for the open maps now :D

BTW, does anyone else wish that you could have canted optics and normal iron sights? Sticking an ACOG on a carbine along with the canted irons makes for a bit of an awkward mix :(

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

What a terrible SP :eek:

Hold your nose, grind through it and remember the REX, the M249, the P90, the QBZ-95-1 and the Shank & Machete knives are the end result.

But yeah, it's terrible. Like being clockwork orange'd through the worst straight-to-vhs buddy-soldier war movies ever...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What really bugged me was that there seemed to be no way to skip the credits after completing the last mission so I could re-do it and unlock the other options (if you don't know, there's a choice at the end of the game that determines which of the 3 available weapons you unlock for multiplayer).

Shiminay wrote: »
    (if you don't know, there's a choice at the end of the game that determines which of the 3 available weapons you unlock for multiplayer).
    I was wondering that, but don't really feel like sitting through those damn credits again...:mad:

You just go have a cuppa and then it goes back to the main menu, you chose to replay the last level and then go have another cuppa and then you go back and do it the final time and that's all three of them done. But really, only the M249 is worth getting...

Sparks wrote: »
    You just go have a cuppa and then it goes back to the main menu, you chose to replay the last level and then go have another cuppa and then you go back and do it the final time and that's all three of them done. But really, only the M249 is worth getting...

And which do you go with to get that? :D

Actually what's the third option?
    You've the choice of two at the end with the C4, what else?

For the M249, choose Irish. For the P90 choose Hannah. Don't decide between the two and just wait - the Valhalla gets destroyed and that apparently counts as a successful enough third choice to give you the QBZ-95-1

I actually did make the choice for the 249, but never got it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

new patch out :O ill post the fix log when its up !

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I actually did make the choice for the 249, but never got it :mad:

takes a while to show up, like a day. if you did it weeks ago do it aga in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

ok new patch played it for a few minutes not all perfect fps seams to be down a little but stable (er) i got a device hung error after about 10 minutes of play on parcel storm

• Advertisement

Have to say well done to DICE, after the latest console patch I've now had more freezes in one day than in the 12 day pre patch. Again, well done lads.

Advertisement