Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 4 [aaaarrrghhh bitching and moaning]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

dreamers75 wrote: »
    In the Attack choppers take off and get the gunner to fire a Tv missile at him, 2 should do it.
    Yeah, but if you had teamwork, you wouldn't have a problem in the first place anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sparks wrote: »
    Yeah, but if you had teamwork, you wouldn't have a problem in the first place anyway :D

If the AA stays in the uncap its the only way to get him.

Shouldnt be able to fire it in there imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Getting sick of the silly netcode,hit prediction,he sees me before i ses him or whatever you like to call it.
    Its by far the worst system of any fps ive played in 20 years of gaming.
    Planetside 2 has 6000 players on a server and no issues at all.
    Before someone chimes in with BF3 was the same it wasnt anywhere near as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

the "getdeviceremovedreason" error is foooking redonk with the china rising maps im starting to think its vram related possibly ???! 1 gig ddr5 on low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Dcully wrote: »
    Getting sick of the silly netcode,hit prediction,he sees me before i ses him or whatever you like to call it.

How can someone be sure it is netcode and not your own lag not causing the problem? I am not saying you are wrong just genuinely dont know how you know for sure?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

mozattack wrote: »
    How can someone be sure it is netcode and not your own lag not causing the problem? I am not saying you are wrong just genuinely dont know how you know for sure?

DICe said it was a net code issue with the frames not displaying properly in online games.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

kensutz wrote: »
    DICe said it was a net code issue with the frames not displaying properly in online games.

Yeah, I do the same in my job. Agree with the person complaining because they don't actually have a clue as to the real issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Have you turned the network smoothing slider all the way down I found that helped

Richie6904 wrote: »
    Have you turned the network smoothing slider all the way down I found that helped

Yeah have done man still dodgy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Because everyone is having the same issue which would bring the assumption in to being a fact.
    Do you guys find the new maps run smoother at all? I have heard they are better optimised.

• Advertisement

All i have to do is check my ping ingame to know its not lag, a ping of 30ms constant is perfect for gaming.
    Because every other game is perfect including planetside 2 with 6000 people on the server.
    Also its a widespread issue that the devs themselves admit to be working on.

the devs themselves admit to be working on.
    Again, no they don't. The managers are saying that; but as someone's pointed out here, it's a lot easier to go "yup, sure, that's the issue and we're working on it" than it is to try to explain the guts of a massive, complex codebase to someone who wouldn't know C code from a hole in the wall. There's definitely something wrong, but nobody knows if it's one thing or several, or what's causing it, not outside of DICE anyway.

All i have to do is check my ping ingame to know its not lag, a ping of 30ms constant is perfect for gaming.
    Because every other game is perfect including planetside 2 with 6000 people on the server.
    Also its a widespread issue that the devs themselves admit to be working on.

You know a ping of 30ms does not mean your not dropping packets.

Again your nitpicking sparks, i dont give a toss who in dice is saying it.
    There is an issue or issues end of story.
    Do you have to pull me up everytime i say there is an issue with netcode or something? :confused:;)

You know a ping of 30ms does not mean your not dropping packets.

Ofcourse i do.
    Hardly points to the issues being my end when you consider its a widespread known issue.

If i can play every other game fine the issue very definitely lies with BF4.
    For what its worth its better than it was but nowhere as solid as other games.

Again your nitpicking sparks, i dont give a toss who in dice is saying it.
    There is an issue or issues end of story.
    Do you have to pull me up everytime i say there is an issue with netcode or something? :confused:;)
    Nope, just every time you sound like the worst managers I've had over the last decade or two. :)
    Soon as you've seen the actual source code and can point to where the problem is in it, then you'll be perfectly correct to say the problem's in the network stack. 'till then, you're seeing a problem in the game and you're just giving it a magical faery name. I wish I could express properly how teeth-scrapingly awful it is to read "its the netcode" at this point (and it's not you specifically by any means, it's right up there with lolcats at the moment), but I really can't get the words together. It definitely is worse than the actual problem in the game though, I'll say that much.

Sparks wrote: »
    Nope, just every time you sound like the worst managers I've had over the last decade or two. :)
    Soon as you've seen the actual source code and can point to where the problem is in it, then you'll be perfectly correct to say the problem's in the network stack. 'till then, you're seeing a problem in the game and you're just giving it a magical faery name. I wish I could express properly how teeth-scrapingly awful it is to read "its the netcode" at this point (and it's not you specifically by any means, it's right up there with lolcats at the moment), but I really can't get the words together. It definitely is worse than the actual problem in the game though, I'll say that much.

Again your nitpicking bigtime man.
    If you read what i said earlier

"silly netcode,hit prediction,he sees me before i ses him or whatever you like to call it"

Is that more to your liking?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭James74

;)
    This is sorta like watching mum & dad fight. It's kinda uncomfortable, it's a pointless argument that is going absolutely nowhere but we're all hoping that it'll just go into full on bitch mode soon for a bit of craic.

I don't like any of it, but that's a bit of a mouthful. How about "problem"? Simple to say, everyone knows what you mean, and you don't sound like you're talking about something that very few people could actually know about.

James74 wrote: »
    ;)
    This is sorta like watching mum & dad fight. It's kinda uncomfortable, it's a pointless argument that is going absolutely nowhere but we're all hoping that it'll just go into full on bitch mode soon for a bit of craic.

Fully agree hence why im asking does he have to pick up on everytime someone mentions netcode, its got pretty tiresome for everybody totally pointless.

• Advertisement

Hey, it's the bitching and moaning thread. All the fun stuff goes in the other threads :P

Net code suxxx, say that again, I dare you no I double dare you!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I find the netcode to be a bit hit and miss.

I find your lack of netcode, disturbing :D

Hopefully that derailed it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

And on another note.....

Twice yesterday i spawned into a knife death.:mad:
    I will get my revenge on one of the culprits.Yes you Mr Overlord,my paddles await you :D

Ofcourse i do.
    Hardly points to the issues being my end when you consider its a widespread known issue.

If i can play every other game fine the issue very definitely lies with BF4.
    For what its worth its better than it was but nowhere as solid as other games.

I've seen the netcode vids. They are obviously packet loss for the most part. Its something in I haven't experienced once in 72 hours of play. I also have a rock solid connection though and only play on low latency servers.

I quite like the BF4 netcode. I like the fact that if two players fire at each other with bullet travel and 100ms between them in terms of latency and server compute time, that both can die. Most other games would accept the first action and disregard all others, but here there is a hint of leeway.

The difference in netcode performance of older games was so noticeable when you went to a 0ms packet switched environment like a lan. Games have moved away from that, they are primarily played online and there will be latency differences involved. Even LOL championship matches still run on Riot servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I've seen the netcode vids. They are obviously packet loss for the most part.

So YOU say they are OBVIOUSLY packet loss, but no one else can say they are OBVIOUSLY netcode issues? What a load of bollocks. How in the sweet **** can you say what the issues are from looking at the videos, no more than anyone else can say they are netcode issues?

So YOU say they are OBVIOUSLY packet loss, but no one else can say they are OBVIOUSLY netcode issues? What a load of bollocks. How in the sweet **** can you say what the issues are from looking at the videos, no more than anyone else can say they are netcode issues?

Watch at 0:36 where the "dead" players body warps forward.

If you watch enough of these videos where there are other players on screen you start to see issues like this. Enemy players not actually shooting back(since the updates are not coming through).

Most home networks these days use wifi and powerline adapters. Very few are direct wired. And both powerline and wifi are half duplex. You are going to experience packet loss on these networks if anybody else in your house starts a new video stream or loads a obnoxious webpage. I've tested it, I've done it. Its not constant, hence the spikes of problems people experience.

And plenty of people are complaining about the dual deaths as being a netcode problem. I think its intentional and I don't think its a problem.

To be clear on this, I am not saying there are zero issues with this game currently. There clearly is. I just think the community has latched onto the word netcode to encompass a number of problems and not all of those problems are with the game client or have anything to do with netcode. That is made worse in battlefield, since I'm near certain that the way they have coded it masks intermittent problems on the client to server connections.

Ok regarding the powerline adapters, i recently started to use them on my main PC.
    I assumed i was getting the same internet performance using them?
    Am i wrong?
    I always make sure theres nothing else using the net when im gaming.

• Advertisement

Powerline and wifi are never going to give you as good a performance as a length of cat 5e running straight to your router (and wifi especially will bump up your latency times noticably). That said, you can no more say it's packet drop than you can say it's the network stack just from looking at a video like that. It's enough to start your debugging with, yes (but so would be the number of sunspots on a given day, the starting point is more often than not a very long way from the end point with debugging); but you need to add quite a bit of work and testing and actual data to actually debug the problem, as opposed to making a youtube pundit video denouncing the dev team for not fixing it.

Advertisement