Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Kiith wrote: »
    All i've done for the last two weeks is login and send my followers on missions...time to unsub i think.

Ditto, great expansion, but i think i'm burned out on Wow for now (or forever).
    I let my auto sub go over by a day, but they were nice enough to start the refund process for me \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

dibkins wrote: »
    Ditto, great expansion, but i think i'm burned out on Wow for now (or forever).
    I let my auto sub go over by a day, but they were nice enough to start the refund process for me \o/

The leveling experience was some of the best WoW has ever had, the garrison campaigns were good but only being once a week and sometimes not showing up made it slow. At 100 though there isnt much left to do, mostly grinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Berns wrote: »
    A lotta the time the ilvl requirements are that high that you prob need nothing from the difficulty that they are running unless its warforged, sorta puts me off it.
    Aint levelled any alts as this is prob how they would have to go about getting gear too :(

Well that's nothing new, people running pugs looking for over the odds in terms of gear etc.

Havn't had any issues personally, usually being able to link my achieve from my main, or direct them to my armoury has been enough to get me into runs.

Ahead of foundry going to really try keep my alts, mainly alt1, closely geared to my main as humanly possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

TheDoc wrote: »
    Do you typically raid?

The in game group finder is a BRILLIANT feature that lets you find pugs that are normally successful.

I try to raid as much as i can, however the normal group finder does have unrealistic requirements in relation to gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Vicxas wrote: »
    I try to raid as much as i can, however the normal group finder does have unrealistic requirements in relation to gear.

660+ for Heroics... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

BeerWolf wrote: »
    660+ for Heroics... :pac:

What? ;o

I run PuGs regularly, and our ilvl for Heroics is 650+ and if on Imp, 655+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Yah loads of severs , I haven't seen the eu servers take a dip really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Anyone else feel 6.1 is a whole lot of nothing?

Was taking a break until then but its looking like I'll be waiting for 6.2. My final year project is happy at least.

Anyone else feel 6.1 is a whole lot of nothing?

Was taking a break until then but its looking like I'll be waiting for 6.2. My final year project is happy at least.

Yeah very meh patch. some new stuff but nothing of real interest, mostly gimmick stuff. The patch is mostly around class balance it would appear, which is fair enough considering the tier is still active.

6.2 should have a few more things including the new tier itself I believe.

A meh patch combined with a lack of a real capital City in draenor or a social hub and the impact of the garrison would lead me to believe they are going to be in trouble with sub drops.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's about time they added the Heirloom tab, but that's about the only think i was interested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

they added a loom tab ? ah nice but far to late for that for me anyway i got 3 lads to 100 a few floating between 60 and 90. I loved leveling in wow especially the cut scenes and story was brilliant i really enjoyed the garrison i got really into that but i found grouping for dungeons and stuff was still a horrible experience, i love tanking use to do it all the time i miss the days of before lfg tool ow how i miss. i un subbed i miss my garrison missions though and my rare giant robot follower dude pew pew.

It's about time they added the Heirloom tab, but that's about the only think i was interested in.

It's really a non entity, and didnt warrant heirlooms being removed for the time they were, it was over 60 days you couldn't buy heirlooms or upgrade them.

I've never had a problem storing them on my bank, sure its a little handier now, but it's a bit clutching at straws on their part making this like its a big feature : /

Oh i agree, i just mean it's a nice feature to add, and there's nothing else in the patch notes that i really would care about. Certainly wouldn't make me want to return for it.

Everything in this patch was meant to stimulate the "Social" experience, but with the instancing of Garrisons and a total lack of a Capital City i think it could be a nasty ride later (Unless the continent to the south west of Draenor opens up and we get a meeting point there)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Getting the feeling for the first time in nearly 9 years that I'm finished with World of Warcraft. There's absolutely nothing about the whole garrison thing that makes me want to return to the game.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Getting the feeling for the first time in nearly 9 years that I'm finished with World of Warcraft. There's absolutely nothing about the whole garrison thing that makes me want to return to the game.

Was cool for the first while but now it's just another "grind" thing I have to do. Log on, clear my mine, clear my herbs, collect and queue my craft materials, gear my followers, setup new missions.

At the point I'm not arsed with mines/gardens anymore on my alts which is a bit slack considering its a good source to build primals up for savage bloods, but its just so rubbish.

I can see why its only around for WoD, with discussions if it will stay past this expansion. It was a decent change of pace and there is still some ways to go, but the really good stuff had a short shelf life.

The Garrison challenge was redundant for a raider once you, well started raiding. And the Garrison campaigns offer nothing but lore, so suprise suprise no one gives a **** about doing them :)

Was cool for the first while but now it's just another "grind" thing I have to do. Log on, clear my mine, clear my herbs, collect and queue my craft materials, gear my followers, setup new missions.

At the point I'm not arsed with mines/gardens anymore on my alts which is a bit slack considering its a good source to build primals up for savage bloods, but its just so rubbish.

I can see why its only around for WoD, with discussions if it will stay past this expansion. It was a decent change of pace and there is still some ways to go, but the really good stuff had a short shelf life.

The Garrison challenge was redundant for a raider once you, well started raiding. And the Garrison campaigns offer nothing but lore, so suprise suprise no one gives a **** about doing them :)

I must say, i really enjoyed the garrison thing at the start, but soon I found it to be a massive chore, and it ate badly into my questing time. I'm a casual gamer these days and the last thing I want to have to do when I log in is spend 15-20 mins doing the same crap that I did the day before - mining, collecting resources, sending followers out on missions etc.

Its a shame, because I enjoyed the questlines that I completed. Only got to level 96 I think. I may well go back to it again but as things stand, I really cant be bothered.

Absolutely, the Garrison was a cool idea when you hit Draenor first. Now its a grind to get some herbs, send your guys on (Usually) pointless missions and log out to an ALT and repeat.

Bring back cities, Stormwind is dead now....

How are people getting on with WoD these days? Anything new or fun on offer?

• Advertisement

3 mill subs drop, no real content updates ect. People seem to be dropping like flies.

It'll hover around the 5 million mark till the next expansion, with a brief surge back to 8 or 9 mill. Rinse and repeat with their yearly updates i suppose. I can't see myself ever going back to be honest.

It'll hover around the 5 million mark till the next expansion, with a brief surge back to 8 or 9 mill. Rinse and repeat with their yearly updates i suppose. I can't see myself ever going back to be honest.

Yeah same here. I've been getting my WoW fix through exploring other avenues lately (don't think can be mentioned on here) but it'd make you realise how much the game has totally changed.

Might go back for a month at some point to see whats happening but at the moment, I've no interest at all.

I can't remember the last time in 4-5 years i have been unsubbed but i have 9 days left on my account.

If you look at allot of the content in 6.2 its basically just letting you go back and do more difficult old content, there is very little new bar Tanaan jungle.

They really have messed up ashran and the so called attempt at wpvp, they will need to think fast to stabilize their subs.

Calhoun wrote: »
    I can't remember the last time in 4-5 years i have been unsubbed but i have 9 days left on my account.

If you look at allot of the content in 6.2 its basically just letting you go back and do more difficult old content, there is very little new bar Tanaan jungle.

They really have messed up ashran and the so called attempt at wpvp, they will need to think fast to stabilize their subs.

Yeah saw something about that. Kinda made me think about how people have been saying they should use the old content a bit more, and now that they're doing it, people dont want it! :pac:

I didnt even get to level 100 so haven't seen a few of the WoD zones at all. Heard that the garrison thing has pretty much killed the social aspect to the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

I played 4 years solid until Firelands patch raided fairly competitively until then. Came back for WoD to see what it was like. Felt it was exactly what I didn't want to play and was nothing like the WoW I had known. Didn't resub after the month was up having levelled to 100 and downed the first couple of bosses.

I personally seen the writing on the wall, but I didn't know whether that was me personally not seeing the enjoyment I used to have or if they were taking the game the wrong direction. I was a bit surprised by the amount of re-subs and the fact initially alot of praise was given to it.

But I'm sure as mentioned above it'll level off at a reasonably profitable sub base and shoot back up when the next expansion hits.

I'm just glad I didn't enjoy WoD and can firmly place that in the never will want to play again pile.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Yeah saw something about that. Kinda made me think about how people have been saying they should use the old content a bit more, and now that they're doing it, people dont want it! :pac:

I didnt even get to level 100 so haven't seen a few of the WoD zones at all. Heard that the garrison thing has pretty much killed the social aspect to the game.

Its something they should definitely do but it needs to be brought inline with some major content. If they had released the old content in 6.1 instead of the selfie cam this wouldnt be an issue for anyone.

Garrison's and lack of a decent capital city has killed the social side, unless you like trolling in trade.

They look somewhat confused in regards what they want to devote time too.

WOTLK was the last great expansion in my view. That there are no plans for new 5man dungeons is ridiculous to be honest. It would be some fresh content that would entice people for a few weeks atleast. The mythic mode is a good idea, but on content most have run a hundred times, meh, its why challenge modes never enticed me.

I've no interest in PVP so not really interested in whats going on there. I don't think there is anything to indicate the game on the slide, sub numbers have trended like this since Cataclysm.

I got sorted with a raiding guild ahead of Hellfire, and also moved to a new main, so there is an injection of freshness and interest for me. This game doesn't do much for me outside of raiding, especially now that they effectively killed the enjoyment gold making used to bring.

They look somewhat confused in regards what they want to devote time too.

WOTLK was the last great expansion in my view. That there are no plans for new 5man dungeons is ridiculous to be honest. It would be some fresh content that would entice people for a few weeks atleast. The mythic mode is a good idea, but on content most have run a hundred times, meh, its why challenge modes never enticed me.

I've no interest in PVP so not really interested in whats going on there. I don't think there is anything to indicate the game on the slide, sub numbers have trended like this since Cataclysm.

I got sorted with a raiding guild ahead of Hellfire, and also moved to a new main, so there is an injection of freshness and interest for me. This game doesn't do much for me outside of raiding, especially now that they effectively killed the enjoyment gold making used to bring.

Agree with you on the lack of new dungeons, the lack of dailies and story arch through them is greatly missed. I know people complained about them but there has to be a happy medium.

The story is also a little bit meh, its like we are what 6 months into the new expansion and the main threat is already dead. I heard one of the things that made WOTLK so great in ways was you knew who the end boss was and he was an ever present threat through the whole thine.

The PvP changes have been crazy, totally dumbed down most classes, introduced gimmicky items to offset the lack of balance, for example they removed most cc from every char but rogue as they are class defining. To counter rogues they introduced glitter that stopped them from restealthing.

Hopefully the sub drop is a wake up call to them and the pull the finger out.

• Advertisement

Most probably wont be a wakeup call, it's generally the normal that has happened since Cataclysm. So there is no big warning or this isn't some big stat to show wow on the wane, been the same every expansion since WOTLK.

Worth remembering with an ever growing volume of entertainment and top games across PC, consoles, VOD services for movies and TV, peoples time is more chopped up now. The people who were playing so much in Vanilla, TBC and WOTLK are like 7-10 years older, and obviously priorities change.

WOTLK I was unemployed (by my own choosing) and putting 8 hours min a day into the game, multiple alts, raiding, goldmaking, the works. TBC was putting in atleast 4 hours a day, longer on weekends, and Vanilla I was doing probably 3-4 hours an evening and then big 12 hour plays on Sat + Sun.

Progressively since Cata, with my group I enjoyed raiding with, my playtime started to diminish. I'm at the point now in WoD, 27, good job, child and other prioirities. I log on for 30 mins a day to do Garrison stuff on my characters, and I'm on 3 hours three times a week to raid. The odd sat or sunday I have a good 3-4 hour play. But it's fractional to what I was doing at the height of my enjoyment.

I don't know if WoW at this point can reliably pull in new players. And I'm not sure why. You'll frequently here people say they came to the game in Van, TBC or WOTLK, but I've never met anyone who started in Cata, or MOP. They are very much reliant on getting previous players back in to play (hence retro fitting old content, character boosts, heirlooms) and inevitbly those players leave again, leading to the drastic drops that happen every quarter.

I'd imagine numbers will shoot back up for Hellfire, and probably drop again about 2-3 months after. Although with Blizzard saying expansions will be coming faster then ever before, might be an attempt to maintain stable numbers.

But don't think they will ever get back to the height of numbers for WOTLK.

Advertisement