Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I think it helps that it was one of the beat levelling content in ages...so levelling alts doesn't feel monotonous either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Soukie

I've played since 2006 on and off. I've just come back and I'm loving the whole garrison thing as well as the cut scenes/storyline. Any Irish playing on Auchindoun? Really hating trying to find a guild, it's nearly impossible to find a social one that still raids, seems like it's one or the other. Really miss the days of spending hours in 5 mans as well. The good ole days!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I have 40 days left on my sub and ill more than likely not renew.
    I thoroughly enjoyed leveling up 2 toons to 100 and another to 95 but its just not entertaining me any more.
    I dont have time to raid consistently so for me there is little point in raiding if i cant commit.
    Lately find myself logging in only to do LFR once a week as its hassle free and usually over in 30 mins or so, usualy LFR both lvl 100 toons and then theres nothing else of interest for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 PaulDBKelly

Okay, so basically, I'm just wondering how everyone is enjoying Warlords at the moment! For me, it's a great expansion!

It feels like they're bringing it back to Vanilla or BC without making it too familiar! The interesting questline, new stats and even the talent system make it a nice revamp after MoP!

The PvP seems somewhat balanced.. As a Fury Warrior that is! (RIP Glad Stance..). Frost DKs seem to be due a nerf soon though, the DPS is great but they also heal insane amounts. It's just a couple of weeks into the season though, so I expect it to even out soon!

Some things I could've done without, like garrisons.. I like having an instanced area that you can use Trade in and what not, but I don't like the limitations to it, a good farming ground or entrance to W-PvP, not Ashran, would have been a nice!

I quit WoW in 2011 to concentrate on school, so I missed the MoP months(Thank God.), I was a Prot Paladin on Stormreaver EU. After leveling through MoP a few days before WoD, I used the pre-order character boost to get a Warrior, which is now my main.

I play Alliance on Deathwing-EU and am looking for a good arena healer or RBG team, if anyone is on my server(s) :).

What do you guys think of it?

There is a whole thread about WOD just below mate.

• Advertisement

Thanks! I thought it was quite dead though! But I'll go ask there! :) Can this be deleted..?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Dcully wrote: »
    I have 40 days left on my sub and ill more than likely not renew.
    I thoroughly enjoyed leveling up 2 toons to 100 and another to 95 but its just not entertaining me any more.
    I dont have time to raid consistently so for me there is little point in raiding if i cant commit.
    Lately find myself logging in only to do LFR once a week as its hassle free and usually over in 30 mins or so, usualy LFR both lvl 100 toons and then theres nothing else of interest for me.

Tig started back up on terenas afaik and ugoh sorta social and raiding at the moment if could be options. Me and max in reckless too raiding a 2-3 nights a week as all can commit to atm (would have to apply for raiding but can inv for social).

Mighta mentioned that to ya before -.-

Dcully wrote: »
    There is a whole thread about WOD just below mate.
    Thanks! I thought it was quite dead though! But I'll go ask there! :) Can this be deleted..?

Merged em :P

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Got bored of my mage as I've ran my LFR for the week, needed something to do so I decided to level my Rogue.

God it's awful fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Vicxas wrote: »
    Got bored of my mage as I've ran my LFR for the week, needed something to do so I decided to level my Rogue.

God it's awful fun.

Generally find melee classes far more fun than spell casters, as they seem to be more 'involved' in fights.

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Generally find melee classes far more fun than spell casters, as they seem to be more 'involved' in fights.

It seems a lot more involving, i can dispatch mobs quicker.

I always found melee combat in wow to be pretty poor myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

I just crafted a fourth piece of Truesteel armor only to figure out you can only equip a max of three pieces. What idiot thought up that idea? ffs. Talk about stupid.

They really fukced up crafting in this expansion imo. Everything else is great. But crafting is wrecked.

Noxin wrote: »
    I just crafted a fourth piece of Truesteel armor only to figure out you can only equip a max of three pieces. What idiot thought up that idea? ffs. Talk about stupid.

They really fukced up crafting in this expansion imo. Everything else is great. But crafting is wrecked.

Ya :( Needa barn for the bloods for the upgrades too :( by time get them usually got something better already from heroics. Was no bloods on our AH this morning and the essences like 24k and 30k... think mythic gloves where 30k to so..... yeah :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

So How far people finding the raiding now?

I'm 5/7 HC with Pugs. HC seems very easy tho. It's fairly the same as normal just more damage etc, but once you have gear it's reasonably easy.

Sitting on a 661Holy Pala which I'm quite happy with considering I raid once maybe twice a week with guild :)

Berns wrote: »
    Ya :( Needa barn for the bloods for the upgrades too :( by time get them usually got something better already from heroics. Was no bloods on our AH this morning and the essences like 24k and 30k... think mythic gloves where 30k to so..... yeah :/

Essences were going for 120k on my realm the week before raiding.

Granted all crafting prices have plummeted now. The crafting gear is solely a method to get you ready gear wise for raiding. Personally I went into raiding with a crafted neck. I have a crafted chest now only cause I havn't had a chest piece drop yet in raiding.

But from day one I was gathering my materials with the full intention of selling them, not using them for myself. So I was making 60-80k a piece on a tailoring item, JC item and BS item, every week, for about two weeks. Then prices started to come down.

They have flatlined at between 4-6k depending on the stats you roll. I'm just making bags now for my characters, so thats atleast 2 months to get them fully equipped.

But on the plus side, made so much gold I can just sit back for the expansion. Have totally stopped gold making, which is weird as I was mad into it for every expansion since WOTLK.

They have messed up the gold making community big time though, the gated materials for various proffesions is grand for start of tier, but longterm it just kills the economy.

Anybody on Deathwing/Maelstrom/Karazhan/Lightning's Blade? :) I'm a warrior looking for a social PvP guild :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

No don't play on any of those, what side do you play and when you say social pvp what do you want to do?

I help run an alliance wpvp guild who do a bit of everything, if you need cap or anything can play across real id but need to be alliance.

Calhoun wrote: »
    No don't play on any of those, what side do you play and when you say social pvp what do you want to do?

I help run an alliance wpvp guild who do a bit of everything, if you need cap or anything can play across real id but need to be alliance.

I play Alliance! :) I am looking for weekly caps, but also an RBG team and maybe 2s/3s because my healer is from Denmark and its difficult to get in touch with him :P

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

got 1/7 mythic last night. Pushing for more progress today !

• Advertisement

Drop rates seem to have been stuck in the retarded category in LFR, Ive ran 3 in successive weeks and have come out with nothing.

Bloody hard to expand when you cant get any gear..... Either that or there are too many Mages raiding at the same time..... stupid other Mages.

Those Warlock Demo buffs were nice. Took me a while to get into the swing coming from Destruction, but started seeing real benefits in our heroic run.

Hopefully can refine gameplay over the weekend and then my Warlock won't feel like such a tagalong

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭ryanakabyitz

Any of you guys raiding mythic atm ? My guild is 1/7 atm and i am re rlooing form fury war to ww monk

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All i've done for the last two weeks is login and send my followers on missions...time to unsub i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Kiith wrote: »
    All i've done for the last two weeks is login and send my followers on missions...time to unsub i think.

I realised that before Christmas and haven't resubbed. Atleast I can confirm now I'm done with the game for good. No desire to compete back at the level I once was in PvE so not much else for me as that was only thing I enjoyed. Time to unfollow this thread too!

Have to say really enjoying the Highmaul raid and looking forward to Foundry.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Been playing a bit more lately and renewed for another month - enjoying the garrison stuff but I think my appetite for playing WoW is just on the wane in general. Questing in this expansion is quite a lot of fun, but the endless grind to max level, gear up, rinse and repeat, is wearing a bit thin now after 5 expansions. Its been a good ten years or so but I think this might be my last Warcraft expansion!

TheDoc wrote: »
    Have to say really enjoying the Highmaul raid and looking forward to Foundry.

Highmaul was fun, granted i only seen LFR but i enjoyed it, each boss had something new about it. Apart from the Twin Ogron i could run it again and again.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Highmaul was fun, granted i only seen LFR but i enjoyed it, each boss had something new about it. Apart from the Twin Ogron i could run it again and again.

Do you typically raid?

The in game group finder is a BRILLIANT feature that lets you find pugs that are normally successful.

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Do you typically raid?

The in game group finder is a BRILLIANT feature that lets you find pugs that are normally successful.

A lotta the time the ilvl requirements are that high that you prob need nothing from the difficulty that they are running unless its warforged, sorta puts me off it.
    Aint levelled any alts as this is prob how they would have to go about getting gear too :(

Advertisement