Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JellyBean Galaxy s3 today vodafone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

hi guys being watching this thread closely over past few weeks, i seem to have gotten away lightly after the update compared to some, but this morning i noticed when im charging the phone it comes up charging in usb mode?? i left it on charge all night but only got up to 58%? I have tried using different chargers and swapped around battery but still same thing!
    Has any one else experienced this problem after update or could it be the charging port?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

stevveyg wrote: »
    hi guys being watching this thread closely over past few weeks, i seem to have gotten away lightly after the update compared to some, but this morning i noticed when im charging the phone it comes up charging in usb mode?? i left it on charge all night but only got up to 58%? I have tried using different chargers and swapped around battery but still same thing!
    Has any one else experienced this problem after update or could it be the charging port?
    Thanks!
    Have had the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

stevveyg wrote: »
    Thanks!

58%?
    That's interesting because my phone ran totally out of batteries the other day... I put it on charge for maybe 3 to 5 minutes and turned it on. It claimed to have 58% battery charge but then over the course of ~10 minutes just drained like water out of a sieve.
    The whole situation is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

4 days after the latest update and the only issue I found so far is still with the WiFi.
    It won't connect, or won't find my home wifi or drops the wifi and so reverts to mobile data.
    Battery life is improved and the phone does unlock much quicker now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Finally got released the update this morning. Time will tell on the battery but phone now appears to function as a normal phone again i.e. being able to lock / unlock phone in a timely manner and being able to answer / end calls. I can finally get my phone back into its otterbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Anyone wondering about battery life on cyanogen, i found recalibrating the battery with BatteryCalibration helped.

Thats a bit of an exaggeration. More like once a day, and i managed to get 36 hours from my last charge, all be it with practically no use though. Coming from stock on an s3 though can be frustrating to see it drop away with literally no use, stock would drop barely 1% an hour.

I was using it for about 10 minutes with wifi usage on internet and facebook at it dropped to 90% from 100%! I could see the battery % bar dropping by 1 or 2% every minute or so...

It has seemed to stabilise a bit more over the past few days though....

Just after getting the update, What are the features off 4.3 on the S3?

Hey all, Is your share option working in photo gallery? Mine just freezes whenever I try to use it and a box comes up on screen saying gallery has stopped working. Also I've noticed that the screen is now constantly running around 40% in the battery option. My brightness is only halfway. The screen was never this high before on the battery. Another thing I've noticed is that the time on the lockscreen is not in sync with the time on the phone. Always out by a few mins then it comes right when you press the power on and off

Hey all, Is your share option working in photo gallery? Mine just freezes whenever I try to use it and a box comes up on screen saying gallery has stopped working. Also I've noticed that the screen is now constantly running around 40% in the battery option. My brightness is only halfway. The screen was never this high before on the battery. Another thing I've noticed is that the time on the lockscreen is not in sync with the time on the phone. Always out by a few mins then it comes right when you press the power on and off

share seems to be ok for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I was using it for about 10 minutes with wifi usage on internet and facebook at it dropped to 90% from 100%! I could see the battery % bar dropping by 1 or 2% every minute or so...

It has seemed to stabilise a bit more over the past few days though....

Are you talking about the battery icon in the top right? It's about 3.5mm high, how could you possibly see it move 1% or 2% :eek:

the screen doesn't have enough pixels to display 1% of 3.5mm, and if it did no eyes would be able to see it, I think your mind is playing tricks on you :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭tagoona

Got the latest update as well last night
    Wifi still seems.... unstable. Not working all the time.
    Will reserver judgement.
    The unlock and phone answering is defintely fixed though.
    Much happier. It hasn't annoyed me yet today. That 's an improvment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭tupac_healy

I didn't get the update (thank god!) But I rooted (very simple) and flashed a custom ROM (CyanogenMod) and I have to say my s3 has never been better or faster.... It really should come out of the box like this....

For anyone experiencing problems they should at least consider rooting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nscl31

I unfortunately did the update also... I HATE it.. anyway I can 'downgrade' to previous version

Are you talking about the battery icon in the top right? It's about 3.5mm high, how could you possibly see it move 1% or 2% :eek:

the screen doesn't have enough pixels to display 1% of 3.5mm, and if it did no eyes would be able to see it, I think your mind is playing tricks on you :D

You're weird ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Oh dear, you can select your battery to display a percentage as numbers in the battery icon

Oh dear, you can select your battery to display a percentage as numbers in the battery icon

Ah right... didn't get what he was saying alright... Yeah you can set it in the battery section of the settings. See attached..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Swing and a miss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Multi window still doesn't work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Just coming back on this - my battery is lasting longer than it ever has.

Last charged at 3pm yesterday - still have 32% left as I type. I honestly don't think I've made it through a 24 hr period before without having to charge.

kiffer wrote: »
    Multi window still doesn't work...
    Worked for me today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

donnacha wrote: »
    Just coming back on this - my battery is lasting longer than it ever has.

Last charged at 3pm yesterday - still have 32% left as I type. I honestly don't think I've made it through a 24 hr period before without having to charge.
    Yep, my faith is somewhat restored... until the next update... Everything working fine on mine (thankfully including bluetooth, which was sh1te for the last two weeks).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

I just got a data usage warning, >3GB...there is going to be a fight, the Wireless just wasn't working properly until the update, so ended up having to do way more stuff on the VF network.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

I've only just got the software update notification today, for the first time. Are all the issues with 4.3 resolved now for the S3 or should I still hold off? Currently my phone is on 4.1.2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

KazDub wrote: »
    I've only just got the software update notification today, for the first time. Are all the issues with 4.3 resolved now for the S3 or should I still hold off? Currently my phone is on 4.1.2

It seems to be fixed. It would be interesting to see what someone who moves straight from 4.1.2 to the fixed 4.3 thinks though. Anyone who was infected by the original "update" might have been just so relieved to have their phones working again after a month the actual performance differences (positive or negative) might have been missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Finally downloading for me now today too..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭jap gt

mine is still not working correctly, it still takes ages to light up etc

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭KazDub

Sounds like there's still issues with the update. Think I'll stick with the devil I know for now! The phone is quite laggy anyway, can take a few seconds for apps to load, which of course feels like an eternity. Can't imagine having a fun time with a phone that could be even slower.

How likely would it be that this update and the subsequent patches would be scrapped and a brand new, fault free version would be released or is this as good as it gets, for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

KazDub wrote: »
    Sounds like there's still issues with the update. Think I'll stick with the devil I know for now! The phone is quite laggy anyway, can take a few seconds for apps to load, which of course feels like an eternity. Can't imagine having a fun time with a phone that could be even slower.

How likely would it be that this update and the subsequent patches would be scrapped and a brand new, fault free version would be released or is this as good as it gets, for now?

Given the attitude of Vodafone and Samsung and their you ungrateful bastards tone in responses to the thousands of customers who had their phones infected for over a month I'd say this is the last upgrade they will roll out to us. Certainly can't ever see the S3 being upgraded to 4.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

My S3 got the 4.3 update yesterday and since then I'm told "application not installed" when I try to open my email

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,284 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

PapaQuebec wrote: »
    My S3 got the 4.3 update yesterday and since then I'm told "application not installed" when I try to open my email

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    I didn't install the faulty update a few weeks back but accidently allowed this one to install on my s3.
    Phone is not waking up properly alot of the time now but seems to be ok otherwise.
    I also don't like the way it now automatically knocks or wifi if the wiki speed drops off for a few seconds. Previously, I would just wait but now, it disconnects from wifi and goes onto data connection and is quite clunky. My Wifi is the main issue but it was better before update as I knew If I had selected wifi that I was defo not on mobile data connection.

Advertisement