Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I really like having the underdog console this generation.

Oh, I didn't realise you had a WiiU as well ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-17-titanfall-boosts-xbox-one-sales-by-96-per-cent-in-the-uk

Really? If you're intent on posting waffle, at least give a quick Google before typing the first thought that enters your head.

Right, I think common sense has to kick in before waffling yourself. It did sold some xbox ones, but not as much as hype suggested.
    I had to phrase it better, but it is retarded to take it word for word that it did not sold any xbox ones. Sure it did, but not as many.

Edit: by 96% more sold xbox ones compared the week before Titanfall. That's what it says in article. Sorry, but you could not show off better number if you tried. No one will buy xbox one on that week of they know, that next week there is a bundle out of good value. It will always look good.

Edit2: And people still missing main point, but just get butt hurt that something negative is mentioned about xbox one or all mighty titanfall. Main point is, that cover girl named Titanfall ( lord and saver of xbox one), did not even managed to get xbox one to catch up to ps4 sales, which still does not have its flagship games out. It's worrying as what will Ms do next, what ever it will do it will be for the benefit of gamers ( unless MS pays again to keep some game from other platforms, instead of making good games themselves).
    Don't understand me wrong, Sony has its own problems too. No need to get butt hurt that poor xbox one is in deeper **** right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Benzino wrote: »
    This is something that frustrates me a bit recently and think is unfair to game companies. It's quality over content, that's what matters. Respawn have nailed it in my opinion, they have produced an incredibly fluid, fast paced game that is well balanced and feels fresh compared to the competition, and relatively bug free too! It is also an online FPS game that has pretty much no camping in it either (mainly because it's too much fun to traverse the maps), which is a great achievement and makes for a pleasant surprise in my opinion.

Had they tacked on a SP campaign, or added more game modes it would have affected the overall quality of the game. You cannot compare this to Cod or BF as those games have been around for years and are basically the Fifas of the FPS genre. We should expect more in Titanfall 2, but for a brand new franchise they have done an excellent job.

Regarding SP, if I want a good SP experience I play HL or Bioshock( for the story, the game isn't all that IMO), I wouldn't play Cod or Bf, as these are just tacked on and are pretty poor when compared to the likes of HL.

I agree with what you are saying. You seem to have totally glossed over the fact that I said it was a solid FPS with much needed new elements to the FPS genre and that I enjoyed the beta. However this game was hyped up to be the next big thing in gaming and what we got was lacking in both game modes and match options. As a new franchise it is a great first step, but from what I have read (having not bought the game yet) there isn't enough content there to justify the hype surrounding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

sarumite wrote: »
    I agree with what you are saying. You seem to have totally glossed over the fact that I said it was a solid FPS with much needed new elements to the FPS genre and that I enjoyed the beta. However this game was hyped up to be the next big thing in gaming and what we got was lacking in both game modes and match options. As a new franchise it is a great first step, but from what I have read (having not bought the game yet) there isn't enough content there to justify the hype surrounding it.

Respawn are constantly tweaking stuff due to community feedback and I believe they are going to add more content also. Private matches have been added already etc. A very rare thing about Titanfall also is that there is not one map that i don't enjoy, and there are a considerable amount of maps in the game. They have built the foundation for years to come i believe.

This thread is a bit of a joke you have people constantly posting negatives about whichever console they haven't bought, it is beyond childish. How about some more postivity about the respective consoles? I am very happy with both of them, and with the next few waves of games getting released I will be kept very busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

sarumite wrote: »

I haven't glossed over it, I said the complaint that is lacks content is an unfair one, and had they added more content the overall quality of the game would have been affected. I'd much prefer a quality game like this with limited options (I personally am happy with the amount of content on offer) which can be added to after release than the mess that is BF. It may be lacking some content compared to Cod or BF but it's unfair to expect it to match these games content wise, it was never going to happen.

Few games justify their hype, it shouldn't be used against the game. GTA 5, for as good as it is, did not live up to the hype. For me, the main reason it got so much hype was due to all the E3 awards it won, which I think was due to how fresh the game feels compared to other fps games. I was getting bored of CoD and BF, and finally we have another game that can compete with these and offers something new, and for that it is a success.

• Advertisement

Out of curiosity, what EA plan to land on us for holiday season to compete with Cod? Surely not BF game as they Still trying to get this crap sorted.
    I heard they plan to go between titanfall and BF on every second year, but Titanfall already out.

Benzino wrote: »
    I haven't glossed over it, I said the complaint that is lacks content is an unfair one, and had they added more content the overall quality of the game would have been affected. I'd much prefer a quality game like this with limited options (I personally am happy with the amount of content on offer) which can be added to after release than the mess that is BF. It may be lacking some content compared to Cod or BF but it's unfair to expect it to match these games content wise, it was never going to happen.

Relative to the hype and expectation of the game, the quality was there but the content was lacking. I never made any comparison to COD or BF but those comparison were being made and in a lot of cases in titanfalls favour eventhough the game hadn't even been released.

Davei141 wrote: »
    Respawn are constantly tweaking stuff due to community feedback and I believe they are going to add more content also. Private matches have been added already etc. A very rare thing about Titanfall also is that there is not one map that i don't enjoy, and there are a considerable amount of maps in the game. They have built the foundation for years to come i believe.

This thread is a bit of a joke you have people constantly posting negatives about whichever console they haven't bought, it is beyond childish. How about some more postivity about the respective consoles? I am very happy with both of them, and with the next few waves of games getting released I will be kept very busy.

" From I what I have read it is a solid FPS which has added much needed new elements to the genre."

Not sure if you read this part of my post so I thought I would just copy it again for your convenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Have Respawn released any player stats for Titanfall yet ? It seems to have fallen off massively on PC at least compared to other multiplayer games... I guess it'll stay a more active on the XB1 since there's nothing else to really play on it atm. Would love to know how its fairing against BF4 and CoD on the Xbox tho. I'd image the next CoD and Halo are gonna crush it tho.

Magill wrote: »
    Have Respawn released any player stats for Titanfall yet ? It seems to have fallen off massively on PC at least compared to other multiplayer games... I guess it'll stay a more active on the XB1 since there's nothing else to really play on it atm. Would love to know how its fairing against BF4 and CoD on the Xbox tho. I'd image the next CoD and Halo are gonna crush it tho.

Was there any info posted about it at all? Cod always loves to shout out on how much copies they sold in first few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Magill wrote: »

Of course they will but for the moment its the best game on console for the moment.BF4 is broken beyond repair at the moment and Ghosts is just COD,nothing new or inventive.Titanfall is an amazing game and probably the best and fun fps ive played in years but come November you right,there probably wont be as many playing but thats just down to other games being released around that time.COD is always the highest selling game in that period,but it damn sure doesn't mean its better than any other game.

Why would you want player stats brought back.It just brings out the retardness out in people.At least in Titanfall every player you meet is potentially a great player up until you play against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Of course they will but for the moment its the best game on console for the moment.

When you say best are you only looking at FPS games or something?

For me Resogun is still the best game on Next gen although I haven't played Towerfall ascension and Octodad is coming out in a few days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

tok9 wrote: »
    When you say best are you only looking at FPS games or something?

For me Resogun is still the best game on Next gen although I haven't played Towerfall ascension and Octodad is coming out in a few days! :D

Excuse my ignorance.I was talking about the One.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Out of curiosity, what EA plan to land on us for holiday season to compete with Cod? Surely not BF game as they Still trying to get this crap sorted.
    I heard they plan to go between titanfall and BF on every second year, but Titanfall already out.

Add Battlefront into that and at least it's a 3 cycle.

Battlefield 4 is next to finished, of the people I usually play BF3 with for insane amounts of time most have just given up and moved on. The Battlefield name is badly damaged from BF4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Varik wrote: »
    Add Battlefront into that and at least it's a 3 cycle.

Battlefield 4 is next to finished, of the people I usually play BF3 with for insane amounts of time most have just given up and moved on. The Battlefield name is badly damaged from BF4.

Battlefront will probably come out summer 2015 to capitalise on the new film

BF5 wont come out until 2016 and might also end up being a bad company game

NTMK wrote: »
    Battlefront will probably come out summer 2015 to capitalise on the new film

BF5 wont come out until 2016 and might also end up being a bad company game

If it will be Bad Company - GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Right, I think common sense has to kick in before waffling yourself. It did sold some xbox ones, but not as much as hype suggested.
    I had to phrase it better, but it is retarded to take it word for word that it did not sold any xbox ones. Sure it did, but not as many.

Edit: by 96% more sold xbox ones compared the week before Titanfall. That's what it says in article. Sorry, but you could not show off better number if you tried. No one will buy xbox one on that week of they know, that next week there is a bundle out of good value. It will always look good.

Edit2: And people still missing main point, but just get butt hurt that something negative is mentioned about xbox one or all mighty titanfall. Main point is, that cover girl named Titanfall ( lord and saver of xbox one), did not even managed to get xbox one to catch up to ps4 sales, which still does not have its flagship games out. It's worrying as what will Ms do next, what ever it will do it will be for the benefit of gamers ( unless MS pays again to keep some game from other platforms, instead of making good games themselves).
    Don't understand me wrong, Sony has its own problems too. No need to get butt hurt that poor xbox one is in deeper **** right now

So selling 5 million Xbox One units is in the deep **** category :rolleyes:
    I think someone doesn't know much about the gaming industry ;)

How many console sales did hype suggest? and do you have a source for this Hype? Lol

Microsoft said they expected the release of the XB1 Titanfall bundle to improve sales of the XB1 in the UK. Which it did. Please find me any article where MS say they were going to match PS4 sales in 4 weeks.... That's impossible.

Both consoles are a major success for the companies that created them.

It's so funny when the PS4 brigade come out and say ohh the Xbox One is in trouble. They lack any real substance in discussions. If PS4 sold just 1 console more than the XB1 they'd say 'Xbox One is in deep ****' lol. They simply want to win a console war while the rest of us just want to play great games.

In my own unpopular opinion I think the PS4 needs to hurry up with games, content and console updates. It's been 5 months and still no answer to Forza which keeps getting better and better on XB1. I still see no exclusive game on PS4 that would make me say I need to get one. If the PS4 got DayZ as a console exclusive I would be tempted.

The Twitch TV app on the xbox one now smokes the PS4 version. Surely they'll make the PS4 Twitch app better.

What's the next big PS4 exclusive?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭gaynorvader

{...}
    In my own unpopular opinion I think the PS4 needs to hurry up with games, content and console updates. It's been 5 months and still no answer to Forza which keeps getting better and better on XB1. I still see no exclusive game on PS4 that would make me say I need to get one. If the PS4 got DayZ as a console exclusive I would be tempted.
    {...}

H1Z1?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,910 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well they didn't sell 5 million just shipped them to retailers but numbers should be aroundthe 3-4 million mark which isn't exactly up **** creek without a paddle territory.

H1Z1?

Looks very interesting. Watching a few videos of it at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

As far as I'm aware there have been more games released on the PS4 than the xbox, so that's a bit inaccurate. And if history teaches us anything it's that playstation will have a huge number of exclusives, whereas MS falls into a halo/gears/forza pattern.

It's early days yet, but I wouldn't campion the X1 over the playstation since its only game this year has been Titanfall which was also on 360 and PC.

Looks very interesting. Watching a few videos of it at the moment.

I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well they didn't sell 5 million just shipped them to retailers but numbers should be aroundthe 3-4 million mark which isn't exactly up **** creek without a paddle territory.
    Sold to the retailer is still a sale for Microsoft. You have buying managers in retail stores who are ordering these consoles. They don't tend to buy surplus stock for the fun of it. They buy what they know will move.

As someone who hasn't been tempted by either, I would say both XBone and PS4 need to up their arsenal gaming wise. Forza was released at launch and clearly compromised to make the due date. inFamous seems to be the only truly "next gen" looking game released on either plaform but looking at gameplay it plays like its previous 2 titles (both of which I enjoyed, but I don't need a third!). At the moment I am not interested in getting either as neither have enough content that I can't already get somewhere else.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

as a PS4 owner after past 10 years playing microsoft consoles I made the switch to ps4 due to the attitude from microsoft, the price of the console and the relatively small upgrade it seems from xbox 360. The PS4 is slightly more powerfull but should be more powerfull than it is, I can't help but think if Sony made their console the same price as the xbox one but with that extra 100 euro going into better graphics card and perhaps slightly more memory it really would have been a proper next-gen console running 1080p/60fps on every game.

I have to admit tho the lack of decent games is a bit worrying, far too many indie games for my liking, I thought things would have picked up a bit by now. My main concern with Sony tho is the lack of meaningfull software updates, there hasn't been a single update since the PS4 launched where I can spot any differences. I know they are due to roll out a proper update soon but so far Microsoft have done a far better job at bringing out decent updates for the Xbox One.

Both PS4/Xbox One do not seem to be nearly as powerfull compared to the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3 were back in their first year. Both machines were visually a huge upgrade from the original Xbox and PS2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

How many console sales did hype suggest? and do you have a source for this Hype? Lol

Microsoft said they expected the release of the XB1 Titanfall bundle to improve sales of the XB1 in the UK. Which it did. Please find me any article where MS say they were going to match PS4 sales in 4 weeks.... That's impossible.

Both consoles are a major success for the companies that created them.

It's so funny when the PS4 brigade come out and say ohh the Xbox One is in trouble. They lack any real substance in discussions. If PS4 sold just 1 console more than the XB1 they'd say 'Xbox One is in deep ****' lol. They simply want to win a console war while the rest of us just want to play great games.

The Twitch TV app on the xbox one now smokes the PS4 version. Surely they'll make the PS4 Twitch app better.

What's the next big PS4 exclusive?

Xbox one hasn't sold 5 million units, it has shipped 5 million but only about 4.3 million have been sold.

That's about 2.8 million (65% of xbox one total sales) less than the PS4 in 5 months. That is quite worrying seeing as the two consoles were equally matched last generation.

4.3 million is still very respectable but Microsoft needs to do something if it wants to be main console this generation.

Xbox one hasn't sold 5 million units, it has shipped 5 million but only about 4.3 million have been sold.

That's about 2.8 million (65% of xbox one total sales) less than the PS4 in 5 months. That is quite worrying seeing as the two consoles were equally matched last generation.

4.3 million is still very respectable but Microsoft needs to do something if it wants to be main console this generation.

Don't expect anything right away, remember how long it took Sony to get its arse in gear with the PS3? I'd say it'll take MS a while to straighten out X1's poor image.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Xbox one hasn't sold 5 million units, it has shipped 5 million

Companies should not be allowed cite "shipped numbers" as it deliberately misleads those who aren't listening closely. The Fox News of numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Gonzo wrote: »
    Both PS4/Xbox One do not seem to be nearly as powerfull compared to the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3 were back in their first year. Both machines were visually a huge upgrade from the original Xbox and PS2.

Ah now.. let's not exaggerate here. Go back and check out those launch games again.

And really the jump from PS2 to PS3 was always going to be huge going from standard to HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Companies should not be allowed cite "shipped numbers" as it deliberately misleads those who aren't listening closely. The Fox News of numbers.

Considering it's probably the only numbers that they can actual cite with any accuracy it's fine as long as it's stated that they're shipped.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement