Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation 4 Or Xbox One? (See mod warning in the first post)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The walking dead? I dunno what they'd do there, that has its own art style that doesnt really need updating. But if the whole thing was just made playable on the one and available for a tenner, yeah , I'd bite.

Personally I'm all for it, as long as it doesn't stifle the development of existing titles, it gives people a chance to play classics they might have missed first time round.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/the-walking-dead-game-of-the-year-edition-for-ps4-listed-by-gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I already have TLOU on PS3, but I can't wait for the PS4 version. I love that game.

Bringing the MP to PS4 will be fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

As I mentioned the Xbox 1 sold less in March when Titanfall came out then it did in February. This is with the deal of Titanfall for free if you bought the console. The PS4 also sold more consoles in that month

Not sure if it means nobody cares about Titanfall or the Xbox one.

Above stats are for the US who I would consider their strongest market. E3 is going to be interesting to see if their sales pick up afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

RasTa wrote: »
    As I mentioned the Xbox 1 sold less in March when Titanfall came out then it did in February. This is with the deal of Titanfall for free if you bought the console. The PS4 also sold more consoles in that month

Not sure if it means nobody cares about Titanfall or the Xbox one.

Above stats are for the US who I would consider their strongest market. E3 is going to be interesting to see if their sales pick up afterwards.

What's your source for those figures? www.fanboyzRus.com

Xbox One sales in February were 258,000 and in March 311,000 and that's just the US.

Xbox One sales in February were 258,000 and in March 311,000 and that's just the US.

Very mature with that link :rolleyes:

Anyway yup you are right, it was from the neogaf NPD thread but it's spilled into a 141 page thread and seems someone reported it wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It will be interesting to see if Titanfall will overtake CoD Ghosts in next months NPD report as the systems best selling game or will sales drop off, the gap between them is probably not that great.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So 50k more xbox ones sold thanks to Titanfall. www.Revolutionary.com :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

So 50k more xbox ones sold thanks to Titanfall. www.Revolutionary.com :pac:

in the US , in the UK Titanfall boosted sales by 96% in March.

Still think its funny how PS4 fanboys think its a sprint and not a marathon, never gets old.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

This accurately sums up how this thread makes me feel.
    smashed-computer.gif

I'm unsubbing for the sake of my mental health.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Right, seems like this thread is reverting back to its bad old state. When the 'f'(anboy) word starts getting hurled around there's trouble brewing.

Keep it civil, folks, the last couple of pages have featured a lot of silly pissing contests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

For me this image sums up this thread. Both camps fencing with each other.

Fencing.jpg

miju wrote: »

Still think its funny how PS4 fanboys think its a sprint and not a marathon, never gets old.

lol at the stat, it's one of the worse I've ever read. The actual stat is
    The combined effect of a strategic price cut and the arrival of Respawn’s hugely promoted giant-robot multiplayer FPS Titanfall has pushed Xbox One sales in the UK up by 96% over the prior week

So it sold 96% more the week Titanfall came out than the previous week without mentioning numbers?! If it was previous month then I would take notice but week?

Spin at it's finest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

miju wrote: »

96% compared to a week before Titanfall Launch. Read it again m8. Its funny how some people cant read. :pac:

Its even funnier to be branded PS4 fanboy. I would understand if I would be called off PC fanboy as just because I do most of my gaming on PC and my PS4 was not turned on since I checked the latest free game.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Titanfall is so good on the one :D

And the service from support second to none.....

And the multiplayer aspect of the one is savage

I would not be a happy bunny if i went the sony route last year :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

It's even better on the PC ;)

Went the Sony route, life's good!

It seems that the best combination is PC and PS4 for exclusives and overall experience.

I currently couldn't justify, or afford upgrading my PC to a decent spec, so for now PS4 is giving me everything I need at the minute. Can't wait to for the visually upgraded TLOU!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    It seems that the best combination is PC and PS4 for exclusives and overall experience.

I currently couldn't justify, or afford upgrading my PC to a decent spec, so for now PS4 is giving me everything I need at the minute. Can't wait to for the visually upgraded TLOU!

Specs please :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Read the last few pages of this and it really is a weird thread,facts being dismissed as opinions and opinions being stated as facts!! On both sides!!

In my OPINION,thats right its not a fact,most people went for the improved hardware Sony was offering over the Xbox 1. And it is a FACT that the performance of the PS4 is superior to the Xbox 1,as evidenced by the slew of titles running at 1080p vs 900p on PS4 and Xbox 1 respectively.

If things were turned around and MS had made the Xbox 1 more powerful then the PS4 i would have bought an Xbox 1.

A lot of people will say that graphics/horsepower is not the be all and end all,and i would agree. But IMO Sony had the better exclusives last time round and they have the superior hardware this time so if they can keep the exclusives coming at a decent rate its a no brainer for me. Again,this is my OPINION,not to be confused as me stating it makes it a fact.

No decent Twitch app i hear though,ill just have to make do with playing games at 1080p 60fps:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Have you got a Microsoft schoolbag and lunchbox aswell? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭naughto

surly he has a Microsoft headset or 13 of them
    hello doc by the way long time no chat and to the irl clan

• Advertisement

Specs please :pac:

Specs of what I want or specs of what I have?

I couldn't tell you either tbh, I'm a bit of the game when it comes to specs. Down the line when I can afford it and give it a bit of time I'll get a PC I'd say.

Specs of what I want or specs of what I have?

I couldn't tell you either tbh, I'm a bit of the game when it comes to specs. Down the line when I can afford it and give it a bit of time I'll get a PC I'd say.

Of your current rig. You don't know at all... then how do you know how much it would cost to upgrade your rig? It's possible it might be too old to be worth upgrading, but it'd have to be an off-the-shelf thing from 2009.

Of your current rig. You don't know at all... then how do you know how much it would cost to upgrade your rig? It's possible it might be too old to be worth upgrading, but it'd have to be an off-the-shelf thing from 2009.

That's it more or less. I know I'd have to get everything new. And to be honest, if I were to do it I'd do it right and build it all from scratch brand new anyhow.

That's it more or less. I know I'd have to get everything new. And to be honest, if I were to do it I'd do it right and build it all from scratch brand new anyhow.

Ah fair enough. If you don't know a thing about your rig it's likely to be not worth upgrading... but you never know. Here's something to use if you wanna know your specs http://www.piriform.com/speccy Or you can just check your device manager/look inside the case.

Reason I asked was because you mention it's too much money to upgrade, but then spent €450~ quid on a PS4. I thought you were wanting some kind of monster upgrade on your system.

Ah doc i thought my post was beautiful... hows the pc workin out for ya?

naughto wrote: »
    surly he has a Microsoft headset or 13 of them
    hello doc by the way long time no chat and to the irl clan

Just the one kev. Hows life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Ah doc i thought my post was beautiful... hows the pc workin out for ya?

PC and occasionally PS4 is working out brilliantly, best of everything!

PC and occasionally PS4 is working out brilliantly, best of everything!

Good to hear. Ill prob pick up a steambox for pc games when they launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,736 ✭✭✭lertsnim

How quickly a thread can descend into ****.

"My dick is bigger than yours"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Good to hear. Ill prob pick up a steambox for pc games when they launch.

Just build your self a PC for the same money and it will be far more powerful then the equivalent steam box. Steam Boxes are like iPhones imo.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement