Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

cats, I hate the sneaky bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

People doing a jog/walk strategy in Lane 3 (Lanes 1 & 2 are coned off for races) with earphones in while you're trying to do your 400M Intervals.

Sprinters taking up lanes 3 to 8 doing their stretches while doing same Intervals.

I once had 6 sprinters training taking a lane each from 3 to 8 doing stretches walking back from the finish line to the 100M start line who wouldn't budge as I ran straight at them at full pelt in lane 3. Had to move into lane 2 and dodge all the cones. :mad:. Lane etiquette people, share the track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Sprinters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

lway wrote: »
    I once had 6 sprinters training taking a lane each from 3 to 8 doing stretches walking back from the finish line to the 100M start line who wouldn't budge as I ran straight at them at full pelt in lane 3. Had to move into lane 2 and dodge all the cones. :mad:. Lane etiquette people, share the track.

They're just training their "attitude" I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

While we're ranting...

When forming groups for different paces at a track sessions, people who state they're gonna do X pace for 400/800 etc, but come in 5-10 secs quicker than that.

If you say you're going to do that pace then do it, if you're gonna go faster then form a different group.
    No fun being tailed off a group in a session when you're the one going at the agreed pace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Heres one I just cant figure out. Im running on the right hand side of a path, I see somebody approach from about 200m away, they're on the left hand side of the path. Grand, you stay on the left side, I'll stay on the right hand side and all is good in the world. But this is where things get blurry and descends into the inexplicable. Pedestrian whos walking towards me, and now just about 50m away(and on left hand side of path) suddenly veers over to the right hand side of path, directly into my line and stays there and unless I move over to the left hand side(or onto the road, which happens a lot)theres gonna be an accident.
    I cant understand this. Why move off your line(which is clear) and into the line of an oncoming runner, and create the potential for a nasty collision??? Why do people do this, its bonkers and makes no sense whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

The colour purple. There's just something that makes me feel a little queasy every time I'm forced to look at something purple. It's not.... right....
    There's just something a little insidious going on.. Purple.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

The colour purple. There's just something that makes me feel a little queasy every time I'm forced to look at something purple. It's not.... right....

most bizarre rant thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

PaulieC wrote: »
    most bizarre rant thus far
    I suppose you're right. It's less of a rant and more of a FACT.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Anti-monarchist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

hmmm
    What are you hiding behind that clown face? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

You are one strange clown. Purple is the best colour. It goes with everything!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭morceli

tunguska wrote: »
    Heres one I just cant figure out. Im running on the right hand side of a path, I see somebody approach from about 200m away, they're on the left hand side of the path. Grand, you stay on the left side, I'll stay on the right hand side and all is good in the world. But this is where things get blurry and descends into the inexplicable. Pedestrian whos walking towards me, and now just about 50m away(and on left hand side of path) suddenly veers over to the right hand side of path, directly into my line and stays there and unless I move over to the left hand side(or onto the road, which happens a lot)theres gonna be an accident.
    I cant understand this. Why move off your line(which is clear) and into the line of an oncoming runner, and create the potential for a nasty collision??? Why do people do this, its bonkers and makes no sense whatsoever.
    Dog poop could be a reason, and is also my rant... After a dirty big lump on my runners after a run on the canal yesterday.. nasty dirty dog owners.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Branches of Costa thinking they can get away with **** coffee just because they are located in a train station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

TRR wrote: »
    cats, I hate the sneaky bastards!

Now Now your missus has often got her claws out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭pa4

People giving out to me for running a steady pace in training when they join in with me and can't keep up, I ain't slowing down for nobody!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

People measuring and recording strides on a fecking Garmin, seen this crop up in the logs a bit?! :confused: Surely strides can be run by feel and the distance estimated???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

That's why I could never trust Marie in Breaking Bad...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

Drivers not dimming their headlights

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭antomagoo

Final episode of breaking bad......really? that's how it ends?

Which leads onto...... the ending of most(not all) Stephen King books I've read. Really Stephen? that's how it ends?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭happygoose

..."just doing it as a tempo run"...

Fcukers who insist on reversing into car parking spaces. Ah you're grand, I'll sit here and wait while you try to reverse your car in you arsehole.

Just don't get it, what's wrong with reversing out of a space a couple of hours later when heading home. Why must you make me and others wait you inconsiderate knob?

happygoose wrote: »
    ..."just doing it as a tempo run"...

similarly "I'm just back from an injury, have only ran once on the last 3 months"................ then runs a PB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

TRR wrote: »
    Fcukers who insist on reversing into car parking spaces. Ah you're grand, I'll sit here and wait while you try to reverse your car in you arsehole.

Just don't get it, what's wrong with reversing out of a space a couple of hours later when heading home. Why must you make me and others wait you inconsiderate knob?

We have a reverse only policy in work, which no one follows :pac: Apparently people are more aware of surroundings when reversing in to a space than reversing out...so i'm told..making it safer! Fascinating fact of the day there for you! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

blockic wrote: »
    We have a reverse only policy in work, which no one follows :pac: Apparently people are more aware of surroundings when reversing in to a space than reversing out...so i'm told..making it safer! Fascinating fact of the day there for you! ;)

I thought it was because of fuel efficiency and emissions. Reversing uses a lot more fuel than 'going forward' (not in the Biffo sense you understand), so it's more efficient to reverse into a space as your engine is already warm.

Still, sitting in a car park waiting for some eejit to take 10 attempts to reverse into a space while your rage is slowly building is not good for the blood pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It's also a lot harder to see pedestrians or other vehicles when you're reversing out of a space from between any vehicle either side of you, so it's safer. It's also easier to reverse into a space, in theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

PaulieC wrote: »
    Still, sitting in a car park waiting for some eejit to take 10 attempts to reverse into a space while your rage is slowly building is not good for the blood pressure

I think that's a better rant actually. People who attempt (parking and other) manoeuvers that they are obviously unable to complete when there's a quickly growing line of twenty cars being held up. 3 mins later they give up and move on.

P.S. By the way I remember reading somewhere that the things that annoy people the most are the faults they see in themselves so be careful what you post!

P.P.S. I have very little spatial awareness and all too often require more than one attempt at parallel parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

ger664 wrote: »
    Drivers not dimming their headlights

My rant was drivers who dip their headlights wondering what the supernova coming towards them was and then go back to full beam when they realise its 'just' a runner :mad: :mad:

Takes 5 minutes for the haze to clear from your vision after that blinding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

blockic wrote: »

Ditto. Theory is that when you reverse park you have already seen the surroundings in their current state as opposed to driving in and doing the reversing when you are "cold" to your surroundings. Also, people tend to see cars parking and avoid them where as cars pulling out by definition are hardy to see until it's too late.

Back to ranting....Injuries. it's like whack a mole at times. Fix ITB, then grade 1 tear of hamstring. All on same leg. All adding up to lots of frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It's also a lot harder to see pedestrians or other vehicles when you're reversing out of a space from between any vehicle either side of you, so it's safer. It's also easier to reverse into a space, in theory.

In theory, maybe... in practice I find it much easier to reverse out when the room around my car is much more than that of a single parking space.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement