Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

drquirky wrote: »
    Almost no one like that- most lads you see running quick times train their asses off...Very common misperception of newbie runners actually- no idea how hard the top guys work to get where they are- your eyeballs would explode if you saw an elite training regime!

i got my brother in law out of bed one morning to do a 5k race. he plays GAA and does not elite training regime unless you consider their GAA training that.

He came second that day mostly due to the fact that he stayed with me for the 1st KM.

To come second in a time of 16.52 despite dawlding along with me for the first KM countenances your arguement with a real world example

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

#1 discussions on a rantin thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

And people who change the Boards name - wtf?

The weather got cold and
    Runningking got auld

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

slingerz wrote: »
    i got my brother in law out of bed one morning to do a 5k race. he plays GAA and does not elite training regime unless you consider their GAA training that.

He came second that day mostly due to the fact that he stayed with me for the 1st KM.

To come second in a time of 16.52 despite dawlding along with me for the first KM countenances your arguement with a real world example

aren't GAA people better trained than us runners

:pac:

aren't GAA people better trained than us runners

:pac:

21 year old ones seem to be anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Short course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,176 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Mods: not enough ranting here, sort it please.

Rant: physio's are bloody expensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Gavlor wrote: »
    Mods: not enough ranting here, sort it please.

Rant: physio's are bloody expensive!

Physio's whats? ;)

Ososlo wrote: »
    Physio's whats? ;)

OsoNO

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Because they see you running asking you did you do the marathon ffs there's more to running than marathons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

drquirky wrote: »
    Short course.

Or...made up story? Big lumpy GAA player runs 5:26/mile for 3.11 miles after a slow first K?

Gives me a letsrun.com flashback :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Or...made up story? Big lumpy GAA player runs 5:26/mile for 3.11 miles after a slow first K?

Seriously..... It can happen! I knew this lad once, I used to stalk him....... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I have a very long tether, but I was in spitting range of the end tonight...

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Triathletes? In MY pool? Feck off until ye get some lane discipline :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭theboyblunder

Great idea for a thread....

Intervals
    Inactive people smugly suggesting that marathon runners are shortening their life
    Science being dumbed down on tv
    30 foot leashes
    Cyclists on the path
    People ambling 4 abreast in marlay park

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Rant:
    Declining standards where 16:52 is good enough for 2nd and something to be admired (unless he's a bird or an auld fella).
    Running in GAA shorts and socks - we don't play football in leggings.
    GAA in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

dna_leri wrote: »
    Rant:
    Declining standards where 16:52 is good enough for 2nd and something to be admired (unless he's a bird or an auld fella).
    Running in GAA shorts and socks - we don't play football in leggings.
    GAA in general.

16.52 is a fine time for a 4 mile race ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭PVincent

Runners who jog on the spot at traffic lights ....
    Runners who don't say hi back to you....
    Runners who are never happy with their time after a race ( one in particular drives me so mad that I now never ask how !!!!! got on in the race)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Cnuts from a certain club lookin for a discount just because they are members of a certain club

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Tight bastards who don't realise they should be paying Bros Pearse to turn up

• Advertisement

he's fair from lumpy he'd make mo farah want to go on a diet!

you can doubt it all you want if it makes you happy too btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

he's fair from lumpy he'd make mo farah want to go on a diet!

you can doubt it all you want if it makes you happy too btw

You don't say what his GAA training is. I know with the football I often see the young lads from St Kevin's football club out on the roads running together.

Jenson Button ran a sub 3 marathon lately.

It all depends on what kind of training he does for his sport.

Big Logger wrote: »
    You don't say what his GAA training is. I know with the football I often see the young lads from St Kevin's football club out on the roads running together.

Jenson Button ran a sub marathon lately.

It all depends on what kind of training he does for his sport.

ah jayus its just football training with the senior team! i dont think they do any running outside their training but i could be wrong too like.

either way the rant was getting a fecker out of bed to do a 5k when he has no history of running athletics at all and he does it in 16 odd mins and strolls home eating a breakfast roll before i can even see the finish line!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

People with tracker mortgages. Yes, we know how wonderful you are. Yes, there has been another drop in the ECB rate. No we don't need to hear about it every ten minutes. Fnck off.

People who drink instant coffee. It takes about two minutes to make a pretty damn good cup of coffee. Is your life really that busy, that you will drink chemical sludge, to save yourself a minute? Then why are you flicking through Cosmopolitan, while drinking that crap? Fnck off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Big Logger

ah jayus its just football training with the senior team! i dont think they do any running outside their training but i could be wrong too like.

either way the rant was getting a fecker out of bed to do a 5k when he has no history of running athletics at all and he does it in 16 odd mins and strolls home eating a breakfast roll before i can even see the finish line!

Its very impressive alright and you're very jealous :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

ultraman1 wrote: »
    Cnuts from a certain club lookin for a discount just because they are members of a certain club

pussygate still raw?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

The wind being against you on the way up and against you on the way down
    Complainers who do nothing but complain and will do nothing to solve their own problems
    800's around the green- my own personal Cavalry
    Not picking up after your dog fouls
    Stepping in dog foul
    The wind
    Posers at the front of races
    Posers at the back of races
    Posers
    Expensive, poorly organised races
    Chip timing that doesn't work

Bitter variable/fixed rate mortgage holders that are paying back '000s of extra euro to the banks.

Thanks for subsidising us tracker holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,504 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

See what I mean? An hour hasn't even passed, and one of the cnuts is up rubbing everybody's noses in it. ;)
    I hope you're enjoying your Nescafe, you fnck. :D

• Advertisement

See what I mean? An hour hasn't even passed, and one of the cnuts is up rubbing everybody's noses in it. ;)
    I hope you're enjoying your Nescafe, you fnck. :D

My butler is currently brewing fresh Ethiopian coffee, ground between the thighs of a virgin. Your name calling is being drowned out by the sound of classical music coming from the study :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement