Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

drquirky wrote: »
    I'd rather be American than from ****ing Laois!

Lets see ya say that to Career Move!!!!

P.S..... me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Blokes from Laois slagging off the american nation before referring to football as "soccer"

*Edit Turnip is the devils vegetable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

People who hate vegetables. Man the **** up and eat your veggies!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

People who hate vegetables. Man the **** up and eat your veggies!

Turnip is not a vegetable, it's a deformed weed.

It's like the Boston of USA :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Gavlor wrote: »

*Edit Turnip is the devils vegetable

:eek: Just had some delicious turnip - some people have no taste ! Might even go and rave about it :)

oh, and Up Cork (with Dublin coming a close second) ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

I'd rather be American than from ****ing Laois!
    Oi :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

That the Rant thread gets more posts than the Rave thread. Must be an Irish thing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭statss

• buddies of mine on twitter who will retweet everytime a major celebrity farts. Listen, if I want to know what Brian O Driscoll is doing I'll follow him myself, what are you, his pr manager? get lost.
    • people who can't walk in a straight line / change direction just as you are about to overtake them while jogging. not their fault per se, but seems to be happening more and more. I may need to create an awareness flyer and hand it around town.
    • when people ask me how I got on in a race, "grand, 41 minutes in the 10k" " oh yeah, what's the world record?"....f*ck off you twat I don't compare your astro skills to Maradona do I?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Ads on the radio. 90% of them get on my fcukin tits. And anything related to celebrities. VIP magazine me hole

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

People who say they hate Americans and/or America despite the fact they listen to American music, watch American TV, go to the cinema to watch American movies, buy American products etc etc. Bunch of complete hypocrits.

People who say they hate Britain but support Manchester United with undying passion! Tossers!

People who say Glasgow Celtic are an Irish team. Go back to Geography class!

• Advertisement

Chivito550 wrote: »
    People who say they hate Americans and/or America despite the fact they listen to American music, watch American TV, go to the cinema to watch American movies, buy American products etc etc.

None of which involves talking to painful feckers all day - especially painful when one get emotional over a pie-chart and the rest of them follow suit get all teary too! :P

Another rant: The fact that Boards has a 'Thanks' button...and no 'You're a Man-Tart' button.....the use of which would be extremely limited....and reserved mainly for those who call Turnip delicious!! :D

Laois_Man wrote: »
    None of which involves talking to painful feckers all day - especially painful when one get emotional over a pie-chart and the rest of them follow suit get all teary too! :P

Another one. People who make generalisations on a land of 320+ million people, comprising numerous different cultures.

I have always found Americans to be extremely accommodating and friendly people. I have always been treated like royalty when I visit my American cousins. The only ones that piss me off are the ones who think they live in the best country on earth while at the same time don't bother to get themselves a passport to back up their claims!

Another one. People who make generalisations on a land of 320+ million people, comprising numerous different cultures.

I have always found Americans to be extremely accommodating and friendly people. I have always been treated like royalty when I visit my American cousins. The only ones that piss me off are the ones who think they live in the best country on earth while at the same time don't bother to get themselves a passport to back up their claims!

Oh no...the one's I work with and have worked with in the past are pretty representative of those many cultures

The one's who think they live in the best country in the World.....That'd be about 98% of them then. They're brainwashed into believing they've got some freedom or liberty and other corny 5hite that nobody else has

We're derailing the threat now tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Laois_Man wrote: »

Another rant: The fact that Boards has a 'Thanks' button...and no 'You're a Man-Tart' button.....the use of which would be extremely limited....and reserved mainly for those who call Turnip delicious!! :D

I like cauliflower too :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

Oul wans with shopping trolleys.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Twitter machine and tellybox

• Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭plodder

People who get stuck inside a junction on a red light, and who shake their fist and point at the red light in front of them, and refuse to move when the traffic that's allowed to go through from the other direction gets a green light... Happens regularly at my work.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Perfect running weather when you're in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭lway

Drivers who don't indicate or indicate at the last minute. Stopped at a T junction waiting for a slow car to pass when without indicating they take the turn off, if only they'd indicated I could have been on my merry way much sooner.

Guys who stand up to pee in a cubicle without closing the door behind them. Walking alon the row of cubicles and spot an open door ahead in the last one of the row. Strolling along take the turn and have to slam on the brakes as there's a guy stood there peeing. A couple of steps further by me and we would have been in a really weird situation :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

People who say they hate Americans and/or America despite the fact they listen to American music, watch American TV, go to the cinema to watch American movies, buy American products etc etc. Bunch of complete hypocrits.

People who say they hate Britain but support Manchester United with undying passion! Tossers!

People who say Glasgow Celtic are an Irish team. Go back to Geography class!

I dislike the America State whose foreign policy in Iraq alone accounted for the deaths of at least half a million civilians (men, women, children, babies).

Their foreign policy is criminal and abhorrant.

I like many Americans though, admire the creativity of many Americans, watch american movies, read American novels, watch American TV, and, yes, buy American products. Many of these creative people are also abhorrant of what their leaders do in the name of the US. I dislike many others, many of whom would shoot you as soon as look at you.

That said i wont lsiten to any music from the likes of Michael Jackson, who has dozens of child sexual abuse cases pending against him. His music isnt worth one young life he has ruined. Im comfortable enough with my position, if im a hypocrite in your black and white world then so be it. (Are you against paedophiles? Do you listen to Michel Jackson?)

The anti-England national soccer team is a world wide thing as is the love/hate of ManU.

It may be wisdom to know that the self righteous are oft pursued by the shadow of hypocrisy.
    Will you be walking down the Sandy Row pointing up at British flags and screaming "Go back to Geography class!" any time soon?

Didnt think so!

Rant: Self righteousness! Name callers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Perfect running weather when you're in work.

Just to increase your annoyance, I had a lovely run around Victoria Park in London this lunchtime. it was indeed perfect weather for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

T runner wrote: »
    Rant: Self righteousness!!

I'm kind of hoping you see the irony here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

I'm kind of hoping you see the irony here.

Are you really? You're entitled to your opinion. I'm just stating mine. Im not insisting that my opinion should hold more weight than others' which is what self righteousness is.

However, If i claimed that people who held a different position to me were "To$$ers" then I would most definately be acting in a self-righteous manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

VW Golf parked across both cycle lanes and footpath in Wicklow Town. So you might think they parked there not knowing any different, the irony was that the car had a cycle rack on the back, no doubt parked there so they could go for cycle :confused::confused::confused:

The anti-England national soccer team is a world wide thing as is the love/hate of ManU.

I'm not merely talking about anti-English national football team. I'm talking about the people who go on about how much they hate the British in general, but see no problem with supporting Manchester United/Chelsea/Liverpool/whoever, teams who are from Britain. Same goes for Glasgow Celtic. They are a British team whether you like it or not.
    Will you be walking down the Sandy Row pointing up at British flags and screaming "Go back to Geography class!" any time soon?

Didnt think so!

Of course I wouldn't, because while Belfast is part of the island of Ireland, it is also part of the country that is the United Kingdom (this is not an opinion, it is fact), so why wouldn't the flags be there. They have no need to go back to geography class!

Are you really? You're entitled to your opinion. I'm just stating mine. Im not insisting that my opinion should hold more weight than others' which is what self righteousness is.

However, If i claimed that people who held a different position to me were "To$$ers" then I would most definately be acting in a self-righteous manner.

Well you are basically calling a man a criminal when in fact he was never convicted. So that is far worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Of course I wouldn't, because while Belfast is part of the island of Ireland, it is also part of the country that is the United Kingdom (this is not an opinion, it is fact), so why wouldn't the flags be there. They have no need to go back to geography class!

Rant: People who don't know the difference between a state and a country :rolleyes:

menoscemo wrote: »
    Rant: People who don't know the difference between a state and a country :rolleyes:

Please elaborate. The name of the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that is not up for debate. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are not countries.

'Great Britain' is not a country also.

http://alt-usage-english.org/whatistheuk.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Please elaborate. The name of the country is the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, that is not up for debate. England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are not countries.

'Great Britain' is not a country also.

http://alt-usage-english.org/whatistheuk.html

Funny how the UK's own office for national statistics disagrees with you :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Jasis, this is turning into the golf forum!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement