Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Rant Thread(a place to dump ur baggage)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Race organisers coming on here, or wherever, proclaiming that their race only has 300 places left and is selling out quickly!!!!!!
    I'm all for free blatant plugs, but If I'm interested in your race I will have registered, if not someone who is more interested will register before me and (rightfully) take my place, leaving me "disappointed".
    Thanks Be to fvck the Dungarvan 10 mile has sold out and they can refrain from giving regular updates on the number of places left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 timchapman

People running down cycle lanes when there is a perfectly empty footpath next to It. In city center maybe but deansgrange...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

The opposite of my posting on the rave thread i.e. I ran this morning in Glendalough. Still cold morning air. Beautiful scenery. Deer hopping away on the trail up ahead. Silence was golden. This is why we run.

After my run I was marshalling for the Glendo Trail race. The amount of people wearing headphones while running was bizarre. It was nearly 1 in 3. Some with ridiculous big headphones. Listen to nature guys. There was an offroad section of the race that was tricky to make progress on. Dangerous to do so while in your own musical world. Also, I was there giving encouragement to runners passing by. Thats a lot of encouragement wasted as it wasn't heard. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭hypersonic

race organisers claiming they have a flat course when in reality it looks like this

start ____/\/\/|/\/\~~~____ finish

flat is not a relative term!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

People who take issue that you spending 10mins extra for lunch as you went for a run but them going for 5/6 smoking breaks a day doesn't count.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Having a mechanical 12km into my cycle this morning. :mad:

Thankfully it happened right outside a tube station...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Teenage rants from a 12 year old - too fcnking soon !

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

Having to watch other runners out running while injured. So so jealous! Want to be out there. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭aero2k

pgmcpq wrote: »
    You haven't discovered the game of "b******t bingo" then ? !
    We used to sort of play it years ago. The scary thing is that this sort of shoite is now almost accepted, so it would be hard to get someone to know what your problem was if you suggested a game. It's hilarious (and sad!) to realise that while I know the meaning of each individaul word, when they are assembled in that fashion they lose all meaning.

Lovin' some of the high-quality rants here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

'What does the fox say'!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Rant: Rob Heffernans outrageous racist rant on twitter a couple weeks ago. Unacceptable.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

drquirky wrote: »
    Rant: Rob Heffernans outrageous racist rant on twitter a couple weeks ago. Unacceptable.

Like so many people and newspapers he jumped to conclusions before waiting for all the facts, very very very stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭T runner

Cabaal wrote: »
    Like so many people and newspapers he jumped to conclusions before waiting for all the facts, very very very stupid.

He called Roma "unbelievably dirty scumbags" saying they "should be shipped out". His apology was along the "jumping to conclusions" lines which implies that if the child didn't in fact belong to the parents then his despicable racist comments would have been entirely justified.
    Also, when Una Mulalley from RTE picked up on it and questioned him, he added her to a public list on Twitter- and called the list ‘bad press.’
    When he was challenged about this second bubu (list) on twitter his accopunt remained silent and the list was subsequently quietly deleted.
    Clearly, Rob is not sorry for what he said. He is sorry for being caught saying it. What a world champion tit!
    The shameful thing is that Robs views are held either latently (and often not so) by a large minority of people in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

T runner wrote: »
    He called Roma "unbelievably dirty scumbags" saying they "should be shipped out". His apology was along the "jumping to conclusions" lines which implies that if the child didn't in fact belong to the parents then his despicable racist comments would have been entirely justified.
    Also, when Una Mulalley from RTE picked up on it and questioned him, he added her to a public list on Twitter- and called the list ‘bad press.’
    When he was challenged about this second bubu (list) on twitter his accopunt remained silent and the list was subsequently quietly deleted.
    Clearly, Rob is not sorry for what he said. He is sorry for being caught saying it. What a world champion tit!
    The shameful thing is that Robs views are held either latently (and often not so) by a large minority of people in this country.

+ 1 million to the above. I really really wish he hadn't said what he said. I had held him in such high regard prior to this and he was one of my athletic heroes, but I just can't overlook these opinions he has and just see the athlete anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Liberals who are tolerant of everything except people who disagree with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

PaulieC wrote: »

Racism isn't a liberal/conservative issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

people pushing buggies who beat you in races, despite stopping on multiple occasions to put on/take off the plastic cover and to check the child for whiplash

drquirky wrote: »
    Racism isn't a liberal/conservative issue.

I didn't mention anything specific.

Intolerant? Nobodies claiming Rob should be muzzled. Its just that people, of all hues, fundamentally disagree with his disgusting and racist views on Roma and say so. How is that being intolerant exactly?

The only person here who is intolerent is Rob Heffernan, who stated that Roma were "unbelievably dirty scumbags" and should all be "shipped out".
    (do you agree with Rob's evaluation BTW?)

He is also intolerant of people who might happen to disagree with him, putting an RTE reporter on his makie up "bad press" list, without any reason, for doing so.
    I therefore think hes a world champion tit, as stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Can we keep this a Rant thread? (please...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Airplane seats. :((any Ricky Gervais fans?)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭jasonbourne.cs

people who read fully outstretched broadsheet papers on packed trains / darts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

pconn062 wrote: »
    Airplane seats. :((any Ricky Gervais fans?)

YES!!!!!

Everything the man says below is spot on!

Intolerant? Nobodies claiming Rob should be muzzled. Its just that people, of all hues, fundamentally disagree with his disgusting and racist views on Roma and say so. How is that being intolerant exactly?

The only person here who is intolerent is Rob Heffernan, who stated that Roma were "unbelievably dirty scumbags" and should all be "shipped out".
    (do you agree with Rob's evaluation BTW?)

He is also intolerant of people who might happen to disagree with him, putting an RTE reporter on his makie up "bad press" list, without any reason, for doing so.
    I therefore think hes a world champion tit, as stated.

as I said above, I didn't mention anything specific.

I didn't hear anything about Rob Heffernan and what he said, apart from here today, so I shouldn't really comment. Especially as another of my favourite hates is people spouting off without knowing what they are talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,742 ✭✭✭ultraman1

Fcukers goin on junketts to new orleans....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭digger2d2

People who wear GAA shorts in races.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

on a three lane motorway - people who insist on driving in the middle overtaking lane even though they have no intention of overtaking... is it laziness or do they just not know the rules of the road? i fear the latter...

Ososlo wrote: »
    on a three lane motorway - people who insist on driving in the middle overtaking lane even though they have no intention of overtaking... is it laziness or do they just not know the rules of the road? i fear the latter...

it's neither. They just don't give a sh1t.

as I said above, I didn't mention anything specific.

I didn't hear anything about Rob Heffernan and what he said, apart from here today, so I shouldn't really comment. Especially as another of my favourite hates is people spouting off without knowing what they are talking about.

"Hoisted by one's own petard."

Now, I didnt "mention anything specific" in that line, but if youre original one liner had anything to do with labelling the people who posted against Rob Heffernans racist tweet, then you could take my line to mean that you're eye balls deep in your own spout.

Running rants:

Stupidly racing a random runner while out for an easy training run and then getting bet.

• Advertisement

"Hoisted by one's own petard."

Now, I didnt "mention anything specific" in that line, but if youre original one liner had anything to do with labelling the people who posted against Rob Heffernans racist tweet, then you could take my line to mean that you're neck eye balls deep in your own spout.

My original post had nothing to do with what was said about Heffernan.

My 2nd post referred to myself not spouting off on the Heffernan situation as I don't know anything about it. The first I heard of it was when my original post was linked to it. I wasn't referring to anyone else here in either post.
    Been in that situation before and there's no need to repeat it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement