Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TNG run-through...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Yeti Beast

Just watched Galaxy's Child - Geordi cyberstalking women before it was cool, yo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeti Beast wrote: »
    Just watched Galaxy's Child - Geordi cyberstalking women before it was cool, yo.

One wonders what he really looking at through that VISOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nigelradion2

Myrddin wrote: »
    I'm taking my time with them because I don't have season 2 yet. I watched the horrific 'Justice' last night, where Picard breaks the prime directive to save Wesley from execution from the nearly-naked running people.

'The Battle' is next, a far better episode where the Ferengi give the Stargazer back to Picard, along with a mind control device.

Interesting to see the direction they originally wanted the Ferengi to go in early on, compared to how they turned out

Yes absolutely agreed. "The battle" was the first ever TNG episode I remember seeing after "encounter at farpoint". liked how picard was being mind controlled by the ferengi. great episode indeed

Yeti Beast wrote: »

that was actually from the third season episode "booby trap" where the enterprise was caught in a power-draining field while investigating an ancient battle.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Im up to ep 20 in season 3, big improvement this season for me in episode quality, lots of great ones this season so far..

The Defector, The Hunted, Deja Q, Yesterdays Enterprise, The Offspring, Sins of the Father, Allegiance, Captains Holiday are my favourites so far.. and best of both worlds is coming up soon.

Some great storys in those episodes with some great acting and moral lessons, star trek at its best.

Yes absolutely. Glad to see that "the offspring" Is in there. That was the first episode to be directed by a TNG cast member. In this case, Jonathan Frakes (Cmdr Riker). Frakes also directed the 4th season episode "The Drumhead" too.

• Advertisement

that was actually from the third season episode "booby trap" where the enterprise was caught in a power-draining field while investigating an ancient battle.

And re-visited in season 4's Galaxy's Child, where the consequences come to bear. Actually. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When you touch these engines Geordi, you're touching me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,884 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Nothing else on tv has the power to make you cringe like TNG when its in top form :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Thargor wrote: »
    Nothing else on tv has the power to make you cringe like TNG when its in top form :P

I'll see you your TNG, & raise you an Alamarain

And I'll see your Alamarain and raise you a certain planet that the Irish managed to colonize...

• Advertisement

Thargor wrote: »
    And I'll see your Alamarain and raise you a certain planet that the Irish managed to colonize...

I'll see that planet of the paddy's (it's ok, I'm Irish :D) & raise you Fairhaven

Ugh, Voyager holodeck episodes, SevenofNine and Chakotay *shudder*

riker-poker-face.png

TNG Season 7, 'Bloodlines' & 'Emergence'. Very poor episodes given how near the end the show was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Myself and Mrs. Vojera are still on season two, but she did get me to watch First Contact with her on Saturday as it was on E4. Some of the differences were mad. Geordi's visor was gone, Data looked a fair bit different, Deanna and Beverly's hairstyles had changed.

I knew about the Borg and Locutus before watching as that seems to be common knowledge, even to a n00b like me, but I'd like to rematch it after seeing those episodes as I think it'll add more to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,961 ✭✭✭DenMan

What did you think of the new ship, the Enterprise E?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Nearly finished watching the first two seasons, some good episodes and some awful ones. But the good ones are good enough to keep going, watched "Up the long ladder" earlier, really bad episode I was expecting to see leprechauns at any moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

I could never understand how they could portray the Irish as such characture leprechauns despite the fact that Chief O'Brien was a normal Irish guy.
    Just hire Irish ppl to play Irish roles
    Fairhaven in Voyager annoyed me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

DenMan wrote: »
    What did you think of the new ship, the Enterprise E?
    I have to admit that at first I thought it was different because the film looked so shiny compared to the tv show. :o So I got a thump from the wife and an explanation of how the new Enterprise came about. I obviously need to pay more attention. :P

I'm waiting for s9&10 of another show I'm running through to arrive, so since there is no soccer today I might watch Nemesis 😊

• Advertisement

Just watched Nemesis. I am going to start DS9 when I have finished Stargate I think. Might give Enterprise a go. Never watched any of that.

How is everyone else getting on?

Completely ground to a halt here. :o

Thought I'd pick it up again on days when there was no WC matches, but I just haven't felt inclined to watch much of anything really. And I really need to catch up on some other shows as well - the longer I leave them, the greater the chance of running into spoilers.

First world problems!

I'll prob wrap up TNG tonight, or tomorrow night as I've two eps to go only :(

Awh sad face

All Good Things....

Finito. Season 7 was pretty disappointing in comparison to the excellent seasons 4, 5, & 6. The finale is brilliant, but in general the season overall isn't great. What a show though, yes the early stuff is pretty shaky...but once established, it's timeless. Trek done the Roddenberry way really, & something we'll never see the likes of again.

Next time I watch through these, it'll be a full blu-ray jobbie. I'd recommend anyone on the fence, to get the blu-ray versions...the absolutely destroy the tv/dvd versions no contest.

Anyway, Space: Above & Beyond is next...which is short, only one season. Then...I'm strongly thinking of a TOS run-through...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

DenMan wrote: »
    Great episode, 'The Battle', really enjoy it! I believe there is a huge difference between the Ferengi shown in space with their ships and the Ferengi we saw in the station on DS9. It would have been great to have seen more episodes of them in their ships. They are every bit as devious I'm sure. Quark could easily be another Bok if given the chance. Odo keeps him in check on a daily basis!

Deffinately. The Battle was actually the very first episode of TNG i remeber properly watching. Great episode with the Ferengi who were a lot more cruel in the early TNG years that they later became on DS9.

Season 1 does have some questionable episodes in truth but it more than makes up for that with a lot more great episodes such as "Where No One
    Has Gone Before" (the first episode with
    The Traveller), "11001001" is another great one.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,729 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

"11001001" is another great one.

Always reminds me of TSFS that one....

And the "updated" version....

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭WomanSkirtFan8

_Kaiser_ wrote: »

yeah i noticed that too. All they did was just reuse some stock footage of spacedock from TSFS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Mr. Worf, fire!

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,616 ✭✭✭squonk

For some reason 'Skin of Evil' always stands out for me as one of the TNG episodes that was closest to TOS and I think it was also a pretty bad TNG effort as well.

Advertisement